PDA

View Full Version : Home Again

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:56:22 AM
:: Fiona unlocked the door and entered, a travel bag over her shoulder like Indiana Jones. It was strangley quiet, though she sensed Michele was home. Somewhere. ::

"Hello?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:04:36 PM
Without much warning, I can't control that damn Immie sense ya know, I pounce on Fiona and we tumble to the floor. "About time you got home!!!!"

I kiss her hard. I missed her so much. She was only gone a month but it felt like forever.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:15:29 PM
:: Fiona cried out as she was tackled, but returned the kiss eagerly as she was pinned ::

"I missed you too, macushla."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:17:01 PM
My heart skips a beat every time she calls me that. It never gets old and I smile down at her, but I kinda sorta notice that bag of hers and wonder if I broke something.

"Um .." I point to the bag. "Oops?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:26:50 PM
:: Fiona sits up and reaches into the bag to produce a large tome ::

"Not at all. Safe and sound."

:: She patted it, admiring it's intricate workmanship ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:29:35 PM
"Oh good," I say with a sigh of relief. "It's a book. Why were you after it?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:34:41 PM
"It's something of a holy grail among Mages. It's called the Abarat."

:: she rose to her feet ::

"The Tremere have been looking for it for a long time now, and I wanted to beat Nicolai to the punch."

:: a victorious grin spread across her face. It was almost arrogant ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:37:29 PM
When Fiona goes into these explanations, I sorta go blank, like a deer and head lights. I always resist the urge to smile and nod.

The only thing I really got outta that was the Tremere were looking for it, and I know that isn't a good thing. I suck at Vampire politics... no pun intended ...

"Well, good. Hope he doesn't know you have it."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:46:11 PM
"I know he has spies on me, ever since the Chantry got burned down."

:: She leaned on Michele and gave a hearty chuckle, then snurfled her ear ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:47:11 PM
"So we should be expecting visitors eh?" I asked with a giggle.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:03:28 PM
"Nothing to worry about. I know how to deal with that whelp."

:: She twisted around to face her lover, and her eyes where full of whimsy ::

"Oh yes ... I have a suprise for you!!!"

:: She caught Michele's hand and cheerfully whisked her down to the garage ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:24:59 AM
"You being home is the best surprise! :D I don't need anything else." But of course she still drags me along. Fiona and no are the antithesis of each other.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:32:04 AM
:: A moment later Fiona led Michele blind-folded over to her suprise ::

"Taa-daa!!"

:: She paused ::

"You can take that off now, luv."

:: The suprise was much bigger than a bread box, and it was concealed beneath a racing tarp ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:35:34 AM
I blink and then I blink again, which was the last time because I'm now staring at the obvious car present that was hidden underneath the tarp.

"Are you insane?!"

Rhetorical but the answer was yes, yes she is, and I look at her with my jaw agape.

"You really shouldn't have!"

Knowing my girlfriend, it was some expensive piece of metal under there. Even after being together with her for over a year, I'm still not used to the extravagant gifts.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:46:29 AM
:: Fiona grinned a grin that would swallow the Cheshire Cat ::

"But I Did!!!" :D

:: With a squeak of delight and a flourish, off came the racing tarp. Shining beneath it like a jewel was a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500. Midnight blue with the classic white racing stripes. Fiona stood beaming beside another car, also concealed by a racing tarp ::

"Say hello to your new car." :cool:

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:48:26 AM
My jaw dropped further, if that was possible. She got me ... she got me a car! And not any car! A classic Mustang painted with racing stripes and one of my favorite colors ever!

I suddenly feel faint and manage to squeak out a 'No Way' as if I was Keanu Reeves...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:51:56 AM
:: Fiona held out the keys, jingling them like a cat toy back and forth in front of her lover's face ::

"Oooooooooo..." she cooed gleefully.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 10:57:46 AM
The jingling keys broke me outta my daze and I snatched the keys eagerly.

Screw being proud, this is a damn MUSTANG!!! :D

I unlock the door and slide into the leather seat and get all snuggly, sighing, letting my hands run over the steering wheel in adoration.

"I can't believe you found this!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 11:03:24 AM
"Oh, let's just say I was saving it for a special occasion." ;)

:: Her eyes widened again as she sat down beside Michele ::

"Let's go for a ride."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 11:07:58 AM
"Hell yeah!" :D

I put the key in the ignition and start her up. Oh my god! She purrs like a dream!!!

Fiona hits the garage opener and I pull us outside. "So what's the occasion?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 11:14:28 AM
:: Fiona looked inscrutable as she slipped on a pair of shades ::

"I can spoil you if I want to, Michele Hawkins." she murmured sweetly.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 14th, 2007, 11:17:02 AM
"So it's spoil Michele Hawkins day then?" I chuckle and put on my own pair of sunglasses. You'd think that since I came from no money to a crap load, that I'd would've changed. Money can do that to people. But luckily I've cept my perspective on things. Course, finding out you're Immortal and might loose your head at any moment does keep things in perspective too ...

"Where you wanna go?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 14th, 2007, 11:20:06 AM
"Anywhere."

:: Fiona turned on some driving music. Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:25:13 AM
"You are no help." I turn left and decided to let the road take us where it may lead us.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:39:44 AM
:: Fiona breaks into song as they cruise, enjoying the moment a wee bit too much ::

"Well, I Stand Up Next To A Mountain!!!
Chop It Down With The Edge Of My Hand!!!
Hey!!!"

"Well, I Stand Up Next To A Mountain!!!
Chop It Down With The Edge Of My Hand!!!
Yeah!!!"

"Well, I Pick Up All The Pieces And Make An Island,
Might Even Raise Just A Little Sand!!!"

"Cause I'm A Voodoo Chile!!!
Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Chile, Baby!!!
Yah!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:42:27 AM
I smile and can't helping laughing. She is so cute and uninhibited when it comes to enjoying herself. Wish I could be so lucky, but if I survive the next couple hundred of years, maybe I'll be too.

"So park, food or ... coffee?" The smirk spreads across my face. Fiona is addicted to that stuff. If you could stick an IV in her arm and feed it to her that way, she be blissed out.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:47:07 AM
"Is that a trick question, macushla?"

:: She smirked ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:48:10 AM
"Well," I look outside at the gorgeous blue skies that aren't obscured by some nasty old rain clouds like it has been lately around here. "Parks would be nice to walk around in weather like this ..."

I love teasing her :D

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:50:59 AM
"Alright, I'll just dash in then." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:05:03 AM
We head down Clark St and I find a spot to park about a block down from Kopi Cafe. "I'll head in with you. We can relax in there for a bit too."

This place was quaint. When you walked in, there was a raised area where four low tables were arranged by the front window, surrounded by fluffy pillows. One of the smaller tables were free!

"I'll grab us that while you order."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:19:37 AM
:: Fiona ordered coffee and cinnamon scones and sat down with Michele. She had a silly grin on her face as she nibbled at her scone ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:27:00 AM
I just add a touch of cream to my coffee before stirring it. Last thing I need is sugar. It makes me way too hyper and I give it a taste, noticing Fiona's goofy stare. "You're either really happy that you have coffee or you're plotting something, Fiona."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:30:44 AM
"I've missed you, that's all." she said, trying to tame her dimples and failing.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:37:04 AM
I reach my hand across the table and take hers with a squeeze. "I'm glad you're home."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:49:21 AM
:: She looked outside wistfully ::

"'Let's hit the park."

:: Then she stood up with the scone in her mouth, looking like a cat that caught a fish ::

"Hmm?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:57:46 AM
"Sure." It takes about a 20 minutes to get to Millennium Park, another 10 minutes to find parking. Eventually a lucky spot was found near the Art Institute and we walked the rest of the way there.

It wasn't too hot a day, but that didn't stop people from running wild under Crown Fountain. The three story high blocked fountains were alight with various colors as water came raining down off the sides like rain water.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:03:57 AM
:: On the way, Fiona informed Michele they were being followed, and that they were going to do something about it when the opportunity arose. In the meantime, Fiona reveled in her lover's company, and the beauty of the park ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:11:31 AM
Okay, this sucks. When am I ever going to realize I'm being followed? Geesh. If it's not an Immortal, I might as well be walking around blindfolded. Tho, I guess it's good it's not an Immortal. That would have really ruined the day.

I try not to act like I know this new information and kick a beach ball back to a kid, who smiled and said thanks before running back to his mom.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:20:27 AM
:: Fiona seemed oblivious to the fact, making funny faces at herself in front of the Cloud Gate as she kept an eye on their stalker ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:27:56 AM
I put bunny ears over her head and giggle. The various distorted images were always fun to look at as you walked around and under the Cloud.

"So, who's our friend?" I whisper when I lean in to kiss her ear.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:44:12 AM
:: She giggled, wrapping her arms around Michele's waist to reply ::

"Could be one of Nicolai's ghouls. I'm not sure yet."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:50:45 AM
I shake my head and roll my eyes. "I told you so ..." :p

She never listens ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:58:07 AM
:: Fiona stuck out her tongue in self-defense ::

"He doesn't blend well, that's for sure. That suit looks thirty years old."

:: She tugged on Michele's hands as they walked ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:14:12 PM
"Oh ... "

Not sure if that made me feel better to know that cuz if he didn't blend in well, that means I shoulda noticed him. Ah well. Least we know it's a ghoul for sure.

I allow myself be led and enjoy the moment. Regardless of danger, I always love being around my Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:11:04 PM
:: The crowd thinned as they walked, but the tail kept following ::

"What do you think?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:15:56 PM
"Well, we can jump him behind the stadium if you want. Not too many people around there since a concert isn't going on."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:35:23 PM
"Right. Let's do it."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:37:55 PM
I actually flash a naughty grin because I had other things on my mind with that statement, but then turn I grew back to being innocent as we headed around the stadium. We really needed to take this goon out and find out what was up.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:47:39 PM
"Oh!" she chided, giving Michele a poke in the ribs as they disappeared around the corner.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:52:50 PM
I get jerked around the corner and fall into Fiona's arms, who then starts kissing me right away. I'm shocked at first and try to pull away like, what the hell is she doing?! Trying to catch a spy here ... But she gives me a pleading look with her eyes and mumbles something.

Then I realize, duh. This is a good cover and we can nab him because he won't be expecting this. So I happily endulge in a kiss before the idiot comes...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:03:01 PM
:: Fiona pawed friskily at Michele before breaking the kiss to gaze at their voyeur ::

"Did you want to join us?"

:: The man froze, but began to take a backward step ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:06:34 PM
"Uh, uh ..." He was close enough that I grabbed his arm and spun him around so he landed on his back against the wall.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:05:23 AM
"You were at the airport."

:: The man feigned ignorance, and she leaned closer ::

"What do you want?"

:: No answer ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:10:12 AM
I punch him in the stomach and he doubles over. "Think you should answer her ..."

Being an Immortal has it perks besides the whole not dying thing. Every time we take a head, we get stronger physically. So my fist is like a brick when it hits him.

Course this is a bit weird, I really haven't been a thug since well before I met Fiona. Least I'm doing it for the greater good now instead of knocking over people at school just to get some aggression out.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:17:50 AM
:: Fiona looked utterly shocked as he doubled over, and she mouthed the words while he couldn't see ::

:o (oh my god, you didn't do that. I can't believe you just did that)

:: She stifled a grin and cleared her throat, assuming a poker face as she knelt down ::

"Answer the question, or she might not be able to control herself."

:: She flashed a playful wink at Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:23:48 AM
Heh, I shocked Fiona. Doesn't happen that often. Usually it's the other way around.

I crack my knuckles and flash a menacing smirk down at the Ghoul, begging him to be non-compliant.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:35:42 AM
:: After alot of hemming and hawwing and going in circles, the truth came out. He was in fact, one of Nicolai's, and he was ordered to find a way to see if she recovered the book or not ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:38:11 AM
I inhale sharply and take a step forward. "What do you want to do with him, Fi?"

Vampire politics are involved here and I really don't know what to do. Rather leave it to the expert.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:47:19 AM
"We let him go."

:: She looked at the ghoul ::

"Tell Nicolai that the next time he sends you on a fool's errand, that you might not be coming back in one piece. My enforcer doesn't like spies very much."

:: She glanced at Michele again, and her eyes were full of laughter ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:50:51 AM
My smirk turns smug as I cross my arms all threatening like. I might look tough on the outside, but inside I was dying of laughter!!! Oh this guy better leave soon before I blow it! :lol :lol :lol

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 09:58:24 AM
:: The ghoul sized Michele up, and the look in her eyes was unsettling. He straightened his tie and hurried off. Fiona just stood there with a hand over her mouth, trying not to lose it ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:00:26 AM
I watch the Ghoul walk away with a stern gaze, my eyes following his every movement. He turns the corner and I causally follow, making sure he was leaving. When he disappeared in the crowd, my lips break into a wide smile and I head back to Fiona.

"Oh that was awesome!" I bust out laughing and lean on the wall for support before I fall over.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:08:32 AM
:: Fiona sputtered, sinking to her knees in what seemed like agony. Then the giggling fit took over her body like a demonic possession ::

"YES!!! :lol :lol :lol YES!!!"

:: She glanced up at a confused looking little boy and managed to gain her composure. Then his mother sternly approached and took him away, looking over her shoulder at them in disgust. Fiona fell back into laughter again, unable to stand without assistance ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:13:10 AM
I stretch out my hands towards the mother and say, "What's wrong with laughing?!" :D

Course, we were acting a bit ... Well no, more like A LOT drunk. Ha! Ah well. I help Fiona get to her feet, who was still laughing so hard that she was gasping for air while her cheeks had become bright red. "Am I gonna have to start CPR, Ms. Devlin?" :lol "Breathe woman!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:17:47 AM
:: Fiona leaned on Michele as her breathe returned ::

"I can't believe you did that!" she giggled. "Let's get out of here before that woman calls the cops or something." :lol

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:19:50 AM
"What I do?" :D I say all innocently as we quickly make our way around the stadium and back up towards where the car was parked.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:25:44 AM
"That's no way for a proper young lady to act." she scolded, but she was obviously amused by Michele's performance.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:29:37 AM
My lips thin as my head jerks back in confusion. "Since when have I've been proper?

Then I slap her arm. "And you're one to talk, Missy. Or should I start quoting your journals?"

I'm bad :D

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:34:51 AM
:o .........

:: She quietley took her seat in the Shelby, cheeks glowing like coals ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:38:12 AM
A smirk of victory comes as I adjust the rear view mirror. Soon we were off. "Where does the naughty girl want to go now?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:41:12 AM
:: There was only a tiny squeak as she hid her face with her hands ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:43:55 AM
"Oh come on, Fiona. It's me," I say sweetly. "You don't have to be like this. Think about it this way. Being able to make fun of you means that the stuff in your journals don't bother me as much like they used to."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:47:51 AM
:: She lowered her hands, nibbling pensivley on her fingernails as she looked at Michele. Then she smiled ::

"I know."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:49:51 AM
"Good." I say with a smile and turn right down Chicago Ave, "So, what's next?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:54:05 AM
"Back home I suppose. I know it's silly, but I just want to check on things."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:55:45 AM
"Nah, it's not silly. Not after what happened." I take the turn to get on the expressway and take us home. "Since Nicolai doesn't know if you have the book or not, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:01:07 AM
"A part of me wishes I'd slayed him years ago, only better the devil you know ... you know? The last thing I need is more stinking Tremere in this city."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:03:04 AM
My face crumples a bit wondering what she meant. "You have a deal with him or something? Can't the Vampires still make more of them if the Prince says it's cool? And can't others come into the city anyway?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:08:55 AM
"Niclai would also prefer to keep them out, because it would mean a challenge to his station. Inyanga holds him in check as the Fanum goes. It's all rather complicated." she sighed.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:12:35 AM
"Vampire politics is harder to understand then math," I mutter out loud as I take us off the expressway and back home.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:15:16 AM
"I may not be one of the Primogen, but I have established a bit of leverage in their affairs. The war taught them to take me seriously, whether they like it or not."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:43:32 PM
"Fi ..." I sigh and pull into the garage, "I know. But for a pleb like me, it's still hard to grasp the whole thing."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:57:12 PM
"Sorry." she replied, kissing Michele on the cheek.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:22:07 PM
I muss her head and get out of the car, leading the way upstairs to make sure the book hadn't been um ... booknapped.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:37:23 PM
:: The book was resting exactly where she'd tucked it, but she scrutinized every room before settling down at the bar ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:40:19 PM
Perc came up and rubbed my leg, to which he was quickly scooped up by yours truly.

I nuzzled him for being a good watch cat. "You made sure everything was okay while we were gone right?"

He yawned and pawed my nose.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:43:29 PM
:: Fiona reached for some cognac and poured it into a glass. She mused over the cover of the old tome as she sipped ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:48:30 PM
I snurfle Perc and take him into the kitchen to freshen up his water and food. Fiona has that far away look again and god knows what's going in there.

"What'cha gonna do with it?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 01:42:31 PM
"I'm going to study it. Perhaps I can pick up on a few things."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 02:25:18 PM
"Um, but it's a Mage book? Contrary to popular belief, you aren't a Mage :mneh and can't do spells. Or is more like history stuff?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 02:30:53 PM
"Maybe I'm not, but I did learn a few things from the old man." :mneh

:: She flipped through the pages, skimming the archiac writings ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 02:35:11 PM
"Riiight. You have fun with that." I decide my time is best spent either doing the homework grind or some practicing in the training room. Or both! Who knows how long that woman is gonna be engrossed in that book.

Heh, kinda sounds like me :D