PDA

View Full Version : So I want to make this story happen.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:40:29 PM
Ok, so I'm nearly finished establishing Wei's character as a current figure in the Star Wars timeline set out by the Grand Forum Reset. Now I want him to move forward.

Wei will be experiencing some conflicting emotions--the ever present grief over the loss of his family, his continuing frustration in trying to learn the seven forms of lightsaber combat when the Jedi Order as he knew it no longer exists, anger towards the Empire for killing his family--the list goes on.

That being said, I need some people to help personify some of the things Wei feels badly about. I need someone who is Imperial to either be someone trying to hunt him or hunt what he's after and provide him with competition and hounding.

I might also need a continuing Darksider presence in his life. Wei will be brushing the edges of the Darkside nearly constantly, and having someone trying to push him over the edge might help give him some motivation to stay strong.

I know there are other Jedi out there. I also know about the enclave starting up on Vortex. That's something to be discovered later. I won't have Wei arriving on Vortex before I want him to.

I also won't have Wei learning under other Jedi nor will he be taking any Padawan learners. It won't help his struggle. If he has a teacher, it makes him look like a whining infant ala Anakin Skywalker. I won't have that. He won't be teaching anyone because I don't want that "He's quiet and aloof, but I want to try to make him better!" sentiment. It only cheapens things and makes Wei look like an incompetent or uncaring teacher.

In my very first thread where I re-introduced Wei I had him undergo a trial that demonstrates his basic, somewhat impractical knowledge of the seven classic lightsaber forms. He will be building on this knowledge to learn/re-create these forms as best he knows how. Once he feels he understands one form, he will move on to the next.

In between the big threads where the plot moves and the story goes on, I will be willing to engage Wei in open-ended threads as long as they do not heavily impact my big storyline. If you want your Jedi or bounty hunter or whatever to mix it up with Wei, that'll be fine. Otherwise, most of my big story threads will have to do mostly with Imps or Darksiders.

Now I just need thoughts/questions/concerns and hopefully some people willing to help me turn this idea into something real.