PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Distractions

Sin
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:36:18 AM
The leathery tails of his coat danced across the wind's caress as the shadow of a person, no... perhaps more a beast, pressed his way past the writhing crowd of Coruscant. He was not particularly fond of this world - and yet he had found himself placed, through no choice of his own, as a resident upon it - for the foreseeable future.

His beautiful machinations all seemed to focus upon this infested jewel, teeming as it was with filthy and worthless beings. Mr. Grime had become engrossed in his other business pursuits while they waited out their own sinister designs. The passage of time moved far too slowly on this occasion - taunting Sin as he was forced to endure, and wait until their strike against the Galaxy itself.

His searches for his dearest relation had given way to nothing but fruitless venture, after fruitless venture. Perhaps the Empire had already taken what they wanted from her, and discarded what they found unpleasant... the leather confines of his head shook as the thought came into creation. No, certainly not - for if one most hold on to only one thing - it must be hope.

He traveled deeper into the depths of Hell itself, this Coruscant. Far away from the ever prying eyes of the Empire, deep into it's very pits and dark places where no light ever reached. Here at least, the truth of this planet's nature was visible. So many bright and pleasant expressions cast upon the higher levels, smiling faces filled to the breaking point with the lie. The falsehood that they were part of some grand city or even of any value at all.

He let his gaze fall upon a young woman, sitting quietly in a filthy gutter, and could feel his lips curve into a smile. Such an honest image. Perhaps he should reward her... perhaps he should give her release from the lie that had crushed her, left her broken in Hell. He could feel the steel beneath his jacket almost heat in anticipation as he continued to observe her, focusing deeply upon her breathing, her subtle movements.

It had been so very long since he had directly taken the life from one of the insects about him.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:21:46 PM
"You okay, sir? You got all still."

The speaker stood beside the tall, talk and cloaked figure in the form of a small boy with sandy hair and a tan complexion. The boy stood out by his choice of fashion, which included loose sand colored clothes and many piercings penetrating both ears. Around the two walked Coruscant born individuals dressed in fine linens colored dark, rich colors. This boy looked like a street urchin, but not one from around here. Even here the riffraff didn't dress like him.

Ezra Na'chtion was not from Coruscant, but from Tatooine, where such fashion was common. Although, his piercings had always had the tendency of heating up by the twin suns and singeing the skin of his ears. Not exactly proactive, but he would not part with his jewelry for anything. Not the ring and studs in his ears, nor the many necklaces and bracelets that adorned his neck and wrists, respectively.

While his residence was on Corellia, he traveled to Coruscant quite often to gather more information, or anything else that could help him unlock the secrets of his master's journals, and thus the secrets of Alchemy themselves. He often found himself in these less then hospitable areas of Coruscant. He was picked on quite often, a child who looked unarmed and carried only a shoulder bag that looked quite heavy. Although, those who tried to mug him where found in in little pieces in a forgotten alleyway. He was not defenseless.

And here he was now, walking down this sad excuse of a street when he nearly ran into the man walking in front of him, whom had stopped suddenly and was just staring out into space. Creepy. But being the kind hearted lad that he is, he wanted to make sure the man was okay and not suffering from some sudden heart attack or something of the like. Chances are whatever the man might suffer from could be found in the many medical books he carried in his bag, among other books.

"You okay, sir?" He repeated.

Sin
Sep 1st, 2007, 08:09:53 PM
The noise shattered the silence of his mind - and he found his eyes falling to his side to look upon the visage of the one that had destroyed his peace. He was certain not to turn his head, merely his eyes. A youth stood looking up at him, an almost worried look upon his small features. A random urchin showing such care, such concern to a stranger? It was almost sweet, nearly touching.

It was disgusting, as if a being like Sin needed any assistance from the filth that populated this world. He gave no answer, instead brought his attention back to the femal... what treachery was this? In the moments he had been drawn away in his attentions, the girl had vanished - moved on to a new corner to cry at, or perhaps just sank back into the dirt that had spawned her, and her ilk.

His original target taken from him, he finally gave an observable notice to the concerned boy. He peered down at him through a crimson view and sneered ever so slightly.

I am fine.

He responded slowly, speaking as always, through his mind, rather than his shattered and useless lips. To any who were untrained in such things as the workings of telepathy the voice would simply strike them as off. I appreciate, not likely, your concern child, however it is unwarranted. He turned slowly to fully face his new quarry. If he could not give the woman the release she deserved, perhaps he could entertain himself with this one.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 2nd, 2007, 01:59:29 AM
Ezra stiffened, his entire body becoming quite erect and still. Something akin to a statue, only still breathing. His gray-brown eyes swiveled to look up at the towering man's face, or what he could make of it with the mask that covered it. He knew he heard it, the man's voice... in his head. His own master, Baralai Lotus, has been a mute, his tongue cut out by the Imperial Inquisition. He had adapted, however, and used the force as a means of communication, but only at a mental level. Words sent from one mind to another faster then the mouth ever could. It was been odd and beautiful at the same time the first time Baralai had spoken to him in such a manner. He was also the only person who had ever spoke to him in such a manner before.

And now this... man? was communication with him in the same manner. A little spark of jealousy managed to rise in Ezra's heart, as if this man was trying to steal his master's place. Logic told him otherwise, that it was impossible for this man to ever have knowned Baralai, or in the least know that Baralai had ever communicated with Ezra telepathically.

Logic always won the day.

Time to shake the cradle.

Who are you, if I might be as bold as to ask?

Sin
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:11:58 AM
He brought his head to bear if ever so slightly, the soft crinkle of leather marking the motion. The reaction had been not quite what was anticipated, and yet... it should have been. Such a sickeningly pleasant child would of course ask his name, become acquainted with the stranger before him.

The tonality of his voice... no. The way it was spoken... no.

It was NOTspoken, it was thought. A rather shattering response to his words as the realization overtook him. The child had responded, in the same manner it had been given. Telepathically. An adept then, without question - however, a mere adept would never have the talent nor the training necessary to exercise such a task.

He examined him, turning the muscles in his neck to look over the boy, his appearance - perhaps his very spirit. This venture into Hell had garnered a unique reward... I am Sin. He took a step towards the youth, hoping to press him through his movements towards the alley, and away from the thinning crowds around their location. Your name. He did not ask for it, he required it. Demanded a response. He had grown curious, and his curiousity needed satiating.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 6th, 2007, 04:21:54 PM
Ezra allowed himself a semi-smug grin. The man had obviously not expected to he spoke to in such a fashion. Ezra could not blame him. It was not every day that one hears a voice in their head that is not their own. At least not without the aid of drugs and certain head injuries. Regardless the man was shaken, he could tell. Just the way he turned on him, the shortness of his next telepathic message, and his lack of body language. He was rigid, but he had been rigid the entire time. The guy needed to relax. He was far too stiff.

He called himself "Sin". Pah-leaze. Some people have no imagination. His time with the sith had shown him just how megalomaniac force adepts can be. Running around with their precious little "Darth" names. All hidden meanings too easy to decipher. Zereth Lancer had called himself Darth Necross, which roughly translates into Dark Death. Such a strange individual. Elegant to a fault. The name did not suit him at all. This one called himself Sin. Either he was as megalomaniac as the other force users he'd met, or he had a very strange mother.

I am Ezra Na'chtion. It was a straight forward answer. No room for beating around the bush or hidden meanings. He was always to the point, just like his mother.

Sin
Sep 6th, 2007, 05:12:37 PM
He continued to press his movements, at the very minimum he desired to be away from prying eyes. The boy still seemed far too confident, perhaps he was aware of some fundamental truth that Sin was not, or perhaps he was merely a fool. Time would grant him his answers. For now, perhaps it was best to play the fool - allow the boy room to breath. One would catch more insects through honey, than vinegar. His rigid structure relaxed slightly, if only for the purpose of making him appear less aggressive.

You must forgive me. he began once more, his motions to lead the boy away from the walkway never ceasing, despite his change in attitude. You caught me somewhat off my guard. Many the number I have encountered, you are the first to speak in such a manner. Who is it, boy, who taught you to respond in such a.... unique manner?

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 8th, 2007, 01:00:09 PM
Only now did Ezra hesitate. It struck him that perhaps he was being a little too open, giving away a bit too much. He had always passed in the world by hiding his knowledge, lest he be picked on by other boys his age. No one liked being showed up by a brain child, especially one younger then them. Since his indoctrination into the sith he had become more open about what he knows and what he can do. He bladed the megalomaniac that was his master.

I was taught by many, but most prominently by Darth Ouroboros, the Sith Alchemist. He taught me much, and he taught me little. He is either dead or missing, but I carry on his legacy regardless. It was obvious that he was not the one asking the questions here, so he would keep his numerous questions to himself. Such as why this individual, this Sin, spoke only telepathically, and not verbally.

Sin
Sep 8th, 2007, 01:17:15 PM
His motions came to a halt, stopping the forward progression of the two dark ones into their natural habit, the shadows.

Sith Alchemist...? Most intriguing, most unexpected. The youth himself was a student of the Sith arts, it would appear. Making the boy, though of note far less trained than himself, a Sith. This was not some mere adept with thoughts of grandeur and a few cheap parlor tricks. Aside from his reflection, Mr. Grime, of whom given his talents, Sin made the assumption, this was the first being he had encountered who belonged to this hallowed order.

Moreso! The boy was the student of a Sith Alchemist? This Darth Ouroboros... his master had told him of many Sith abilities, discussed with him the history of their kind. Alchemy was an art that if it ever had been mentioned, Sin could not directly recall as anything more than legend. He extended his fingers, rolling each one in a sweeping motion denoting his curiousity.

Could you demonstrate?

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 8th, 2007, 04:04:09 PM
Ezra's eyes dropped and his foot scuffed the ground several times. My Master did not teach me much in the arts of Alchemy. I have taught myself most that I know through his journals and ancient alchemic texts. Thus far my experiments have only ranged alchemic infusions, and only to the extent of being able to create what ancient alchemists referred to as a 'Chimera', a combination of two animals to create a better creature. Teaching oneself is not the fastest track in life.

While he spoke, telepathically, he gestured at the ground and a small chunk of durocrete lifted off the ground and floated up into his hand. When he finished talking, telepathically, he chucked the rock off to the side, letting it bounce off a wall and peg a small dog in the side.

Sin
Sep 8th, 2007, 04:46:13 PM
Behind the confine of his leather face his lips turned downward in disappointment. He had so desired to see this lost art of the Sith. Perhaps he yet would, to see this "Chimera" would be most interesting, the boy said it was used to create a better creature. Now this was of paramount interest to him, most life was so worthless - that the concept of changing it to something 'better' caught his attention most firmly.

He had worked in the slow, but steady task of eliminating this galaxy's life forms. The boy may have some use to him, even with his limited knowledge.

Pity. he rolled his fingers back, sliding his hand around the cuff of his jacket's left sleeve. What you do know however, the creation of these Chimeras... how possible is it to combine sentient life in such a manner? Say, to combine a human with, he motioned to the animal that the boy had just struck, a mongrel like that.

He was less interested in the idea of combining a flea-ridden slobbering beast with a canine than he was of combining said human, or other such waste, with something more evolved - and easier to control.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 9th, 2007, 06:26:11 PM
Ezra watched the creature walk away, clearly it was paranoid after being suddenly struck on it's side when only a wall existed in that direction. The stupidity of canines were evident, especially when the dog began growling at the wall, which obviously offered no harm to it. Eventually it gave up and trotted away. Likely it would be cornered in some corner and become served up in a steaming pot with vegetables and other questionable meats. Such was life down here.

Genetic experiments are illegal, and have been illegal for centuries. Nothing good has ever been created by scientists when tampering with the human body in such a fashion. Only monsters are ever made. Sith Alchemy has no such law. Human transformations would be possible, but I hardly count myself knowledgeable or skilled enough to attempt such a transformation. One must start small before working up to something big. Perhaps one day I will be able to create something in such a fashion. I have no records of sentient life being combined with beasts, but there is much history of augmentations on sentient beings through Alchemy. The Massassi warriors were created with alchemy. Their bodies were quite literally broken down to the molecular level and then rebuilt from the ground up. What they were before is unknown, but clearly they were transformed into powerful beings indeed. My Chimeras are nothing close to that level of Alchemy. My Chimeras are simply a beast given a trait of another beast. A freak animal, really, but a new species all the same.

Sin
Sep 9th, 2007, 07:42:24 PM
So it was possible. To manipulate the genetic material of sentients in such a way, though the boy however did not possess the skill, yet. With the passage of time the boy would age - his skill progress, his knowledge grow. Sin had gained much in this life, but the commodity he valued most was time.

He could not recall the exact passage, nor the volume from which he had encountered it, but the words sprung to mind none the less. And with strange aeons even death may die.

Behind the mask which hid his gruesome appearance he allowed a rare smile. The boy's talents simply needed encouraging, to be nurtured.

Perhaps we can be of assistance to one another, I'd very much like to see you grow in your skill.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:01:12 PM
Ezra's eyes had dulled and lost their focus. Just thinking about Alchemy so much took him back to the room. He meant his room back on Corellia, the little apartment he rented out but never paid for. The Landlord was too frightened by him to ever kick the boy out, at least not before the boy repaired his room. The walls of his room were scrawled upon, some of it was written in perfect cursive form, while the other half was mad scribbles hardly comprehensible. There were graphs and formulas on the walls as well, along with some rather occult looking symbols. They were all drawn by him while reading through the journals and texts he had either taken from his Master's possessions or appropriated from other sources. People stayed out of his room. It scared them.

Focus returned as Sin spoke again. He looked up at the towering black clad man. "You would help me?" He asked, forgetting to use telepathy as they had been. A soft, innocent smile graced his face for the moment. "I would like that. It has been so lonely..."

Sin
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:17:21 AM
His arm moved to drape across the boy's shoulders, this Ezra Na'chtion. The smile that was obscured from view grew in it's stature and he began to walk them away from the alley.

Of course it has. Here you are, cast out into a universe without a soul to assist you.

They found exit from the alley and moved against the crowds of cattle. I have another errand that I must take care of, Ezra. After that however, we can escape this sewer. I have a quiet flat I maintain in the upper levels.

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:01:43 PM
He felt the arm drape around his shoulders, and in that moment he was filled with comfort and disgust. Part of him told him he did not need such comforts, that he did not need physical contact with another to feel whole, while the other half desired such contact, to be touched and wanted. Since the fall of the Sith Order on Korriban he had been alone with his Master. When his master disappeared he was left entirely on his own, unable to return to the remnants of the sith because of how he and his Master had just left them in the first place to pursue their own ends.

So, It was more then comforting to be with someone again.

"What is this errand of yours, if I may be as bold as to ask?" He asked, the ever polite blight in a uncivilized and uncaring existence.

Sin
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:40:36 PM
He cast his vision down upon the boy's face and cocked his head ever so slightly. Ezra was still just as polite as he had been from that first moment of inquiry upon his person, and while he still found it quite annoying - it had a certain innocent charm that was beginning to grow on him.

This youth was unlike most he had taken in, this one had gained knowledge of a lost Sith art, had been the apprentice under one Darth Oroborous - indeed the potential this particular boy had was not to be squandered, or wasted. This one was not merely a tool to be used and tossed aside. An instrument perhaps towards his own goal, but then again he had admiration for a finely crafted instrument.

His attention refocused upon the path before them, leading them further into Hell. I am checking on one of my investments. it was a true enough statement, though what he invested in was rarely of value to anyone but himself, and even then, only to the degree with which it could be used. This particular investment was an especially worthless one, however it would blossom soon, or as soon as things were able to move forward in his grander schemes.

He pressed his way into the dark, damp and disgusting establishment. He was loathe to bring himself into a place such as this, let alone force it upon his new friend. His target lay on the far end of the bar, dirty, shiftless and meaningless. He sneered slightly and approached.

Rev Palidax.

Rev Palidax
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:46:45 PM
It's a dive, but I love the old place. I'm a sucker for nostalgia - it helps that they know me around here - don't ask too many questions, and don't ask for I.D. I can just kick back and enjoy a good drink while I wait, and that's exactly what I was doing when he walked in.

Sin. My "master", yeah he'd so who the master was - just give me time. I was expecting him, he likes to check in every so often, tells me when - and be sure I'm following my 'studies' when he's not around to train me, which is most of the time. Usually off busy with all his schemes and plans, he thinks he's some kind of evil mastermind. Hey, who am I to argue? As long as I get my part, and have my fun he can think he's the bleedin' Emperor for all I care.

The kid's an unexpected sight though. Looks completely out of place in a joint like this, I'd ask what Sin's got the kid for - but, it's probably better not to know.

"My main man, Master Sin." Even behind those red lenses I can tell he's glaring, he hates it when I'm all mouthy. I could care less, he's not going to do anything major to me, he needs me. If he didn't, he'd have probably taken me out already. "So this just another of your famous social calls, or what?"

Ezra Na'chtion
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:52:38 AM
Ezra followed without a word. He was not given enough information with which to come up with more questions for. Instead, he simply followed. He noticed the degrade of buildings around them. The already seedy structures became more dirty and grungy. Here there were many bars with neons signs missing many letters that advertised alcohol and dancers. Ezra had no idea what the attraction to such places was, but he was sure he would never end up in such a place as these. He had no desire for drinks nor girls. He found girls annoying and disgusting. Even though "cooties" did not in fact exist, he still preferred not to associate with or touch a girl. It was just gross.

He pushed that thought train out of his mind, effectively derailing it and destroying it, all inside his mindscape. He had more important things to thing about, like the possibilities of his alliance with Sin, or where they were going, or what might happen next. He loved to puzzle over the future, over the chances of different things happening and to what ends. He seldom was right, but he enjoyed the mental exercise.

Finally they entered one of the seedy establishments. Upon entering they were met with the roars and laughs of a large man that Ezra could only think of one word that described him: brute. The man was large and rowdy. Exactly the kind of person that Ezra avoided, but was now thrown into contact with.

Irony was not without a sense of humor.

Sin
Sep 26th, 2007, 01:42:59 AM
Stealing a glance at the boy beside him, before ever bothering to even give a secondary thought to the oaf before them - he caught himself smile at the youth's discomfort. It seemed another trait they shared. A dislike for life, if it can be called as such, such as Palidax. He turned to give another fierce glare at the 'man' before him. He was offensive to all five senses. Disgusting to look upon, rancid to smell, greasy to the touch, grating upon the ears... and one could almost taste the air about him.

He slid a picture across the table and let it come to rest in front of his apprentice, or at least he allowed Palidax to believe him to be so. He was little more than a weapon to be used, and finally disposed of.

I need you to keep track of this girl, Ariesa d'Veldrin. Unfortunately the hired help that her father acquired seems none to fond of the attention I've been showing her. Being the daughter of a dignitary, she could be most useful. Don't touch.

Behind the tinted prisons his optical senses narrowed in on him, focusing tightly upon the word. Palidax would dare not disregard this order. His life depended upon it.

Keep your distance, I just want you to report to me on her actions. I will deal with her shadow when the time comes.

Rev Palidax
Sep 28th, 2007, 02:36:15 AM
I throw a look over the image. Not bad, not bad at all. I'd hit it.

Don't touch.

I can't help rolling my eyes at the comment, its as if ole' Sinners was reading my mind. Crap, he might be. That's the problem with Sith, never know when they're taking a sneaky peaky.

"Right, right - look don't touch. I got it, chill man."

Fact of the matter is I would touch; all night long, man. Seriously I'd hit that chick like the fist of Vader, but bossman says no... and I ain't got a lot of say on the matter after that. I glance at the kid, who's making some face like he smells something really bad. Smirking a bit I lean in.

"What's your deal, kid?" my grin widens a bit more as I lock eyes on him, "You Sin's special little helper?"

Considering the man's a mute I can almost hear the anger in his breathing. I smirk again, leaning back against my seat and kicking my feet up.

"Just joshin' with the kid."

Ezra Na'chtion
Oct 4th, 2007, 09:22:27 PM
Ezra flashed the man a 'whatever' look, which he finished off with a warning scowl, the kind used usually by larger, muscle bound thugs when facing something small and insignificant. The kind of person they were sure they could destroy in a time period measured in micro-seconds. The look said 'watch out, or else'. One hardly expected to see it on the face of a scrawny child with enough facial jewelery and strange clothing to put a Bakuran Gypsy to shame. Ezra, though, found the reaction he got from people quite interesting, and the few that had become irritated by the look and tried to get rough usually ended up on the floor right before being rushed to the hospital for severe brain trauma. The kind that results in bleeding out of every orifice of your head.

Sin
Oct 15th, 2007, 11:02:42 AM
The twisted visage hidden behind a leather constraint grinned at Ezra's reaction. This was a boy after his own blackened heart, casting his gaze upwards he caught Palidax just in time to see him begin to open his fool mouth yet again.

Enough. he let the word echo across the scraggled youth's mind like a sonic boom and watched in pure enjoyment as he twisted his face in wretched mental anguish, closing the hole he made such obnoxious noises from and leaning back in his seat. A hushed tone escaping his lips.

"Yes, sir..."

He smiled a bit darker, Palidax was a belligerent, mentally deficient chimp, but he knew his place. Standing slightly he regarded the man, if he could indeed be called as such, before him and sneered ever so slightly. I expect this task to be taken care of properly, Palidax. I tolerate much of your foolishness, but failure here will not be tolerated.

He returned his attention to his new, young charge. Come, Ezra. Let us escape from this sewer. with the words given, he walked quietly towards the egress.

Ezra Na'chtion
Dec 7th, 2007, 01:52:01 AM
Ezra gave the brute one last stare before turning and following after Sin, his gaze lingering over his shoulder for a moment longer before turning to look straight. He followed after the dark clothed man, curious as to what was going to happen next. What did this Sin have planned, what did he want him for, and what was the ultimate end goal? He enjoyed the mental puzzle it offered, but rather then waste his concentration on it, he decided it was better spent keeping in the real and not letting his head float away.

Besides, he would lose track of Sin if he let his mind wander.