PDA

View Full Version : That's no Moon... That's a Space Station!

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 29th, 2007, 05:08:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/nasashuttletolaunchlukeskywalkerslightsaber

Looks like Star Wars is going to be really spanning the realm of space! Luke's lightsaber from 'A New Hope' will be launched this coming October into space. I think that's pretty cool, though the send off seems a bit much.

Crystal
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:21:56 AM
Before it can make its trip to orbit though, the lightsaber will first fly to Houston, Texas, home of NASA's Johnson Space Center, by way of Southwest Airlines....The lightsaber is scheduled to depart California at 10:40 a.m. PDT and arrive in Texas at 4:20 p.m. CDT according to a release jointly issued Monday by Southwest Airlines, Space Center Houston and Lucasfilm.
Hm. I know where it's headed, what time and what airlines. Now I just need to figure out how to steal it.

Edit: Oh wait.. it was already flown. :( I just lost my shot at becoming an illegal millionaire.

Dae Jinn
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:58:40 AM
I like how they tacked on some actual space news at the end of the story. :p lol.

Rutabaga
Aug 29th, 2007, 07:26:03 PM
That's pretty neat! :thumbup

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:05:32 PM
Who would have thought, Star Wars geeks in NASA? :mneh

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 17th, 2007, 12:15:53 AM
Perhaps the lightsaber will be sucked into a black hole and transported back in time, and sent to a different galaxy, and then...

Ah, nevermind!

Yuri Thrice
Jan 17th, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
What, then they'll have a "weapon" that doesn't really work? Or maybe it will alternate and become a functioning weapo....

Ah, nevermind.... :lol