PDA

View Full Version : All right, I'm terrible with secrets

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:29:28 PM
I'm seven weeks pregnant and have yukky nearly-all-day-morning sickness. :)

There, its out there! Now the internet knows! :uhoh

Dae Jinn
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:30:55 PM
:glomp Congrats Holly! :D

Yog
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:49:40 PM
Congrats! Have you decided on a name yet for the little critter? ;)

Rutabaga
Aug 28th, 2007, 07:53:45 PM
Congratulations!!! :dance

Liam Jinn
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:21:31 PM
Congrats!!! :D

Tam Jeneel
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:48:41 PM
Old news :)

Congrats!

Khendon Sevon
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:49:22 PM
Aha!

I knew it!

My spies were right.

;) Congrats.

How long 'till the little bugger can RP?

Tam Jeneel
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:51:21 PM
The more pertinent question - how many more after this one? :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:55:54 PM
Since I'm only seven weeks along, there are over 8 months before I could even begin to fathom an answer to your question, Charley.

To everyone else: Thanks for the well wishes, and I think that this means we'll have a new RPer in about six years, though you'll have to forgive their punctuation and one syllable words.

To all women who have babies everywhere: How on earth did you fool me into thinking that this might be easy??

Morgan Evanar
Aug 28th, 2007, 09:08:17 PM
AHHAHAHHAHAHA EASY.

Lulz. I can't believe you thought that.

PS: hope you stop feeling sick soon. I can't imagine how much that must suck.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 28th, 2007, 09:10:22 PM
:mneh don't all pregnant women float around with a glow about them or some such nonsense? No, I never actually thought it would be... SIMPLE. I just thought I wouldn't feel like retching up my insides all day long.

Though, I have not actually done so. :x

Morgan Evanar
Aug 28th, 2007, 09:49:44 PM
Well, the whole thing is that some actually do seem to just get delightfully high of the hormones, and some feel like you do. And it varies between pregnancies.

JediBeldarine
Aug 28th, 2007, 09:53:55 PM
:mneh don't all pregnant women float around with a glow about them or some such nonsense? No, I never actually thought it would be... SIMPLE. I just thought I wouldn't feel like retching up my insides all day long.

Though, I have not actually done so. :x

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ha.

Ha.

Ok, I'm done now.

Holly, congratulations from the depths of my heart. You're going to love the little thing like nothing else in the world; being a mom is awesome.

But you obviously never spent any time with me when I was pregnant. I spent three of the worst months on record puking my guts up at any hour of the day (men coined the term "morning sickness" as some sort of sick joke), the following three months in a tired, exhausted stupor and the last three months trying to figure out how to maneuver my bulk through the house, teaching on swollen ankles and getting up to pee approximately every 15 minutes at night. Trust me when I say that I would have slapped the first person who said "My pregnancy was perfect."

I have yet to meet that person (thank god).

Congratulations again, Holly :)...

oh, and if you name your child 4real, I'm going to come over to the West Coast and slap some sense into you.

;)

Jen

Razielle Alastor
Aug 28th, 2007, 10:31:32 PM
OMG congrats! :D:D:D

I lost.. LOST 35lbs when I was pregnant both times, so I can totally sympathize with the sickies. And no its not easy at all, you can literally do nothing all day and then go to bed feeling like you've just gone back packing up a mountain.

SWFans Moms unite baby! :hug

Prepare yourself for some bizzare goings on! ;)

Liam Jinn
Aug 28th, 2007, 10:42:14 PM
If it's a boy it's fine if you name it Liam Jinn :)

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 28th, 2007, 10:51:13 PM
Nah, if it's a girl she should name it 'Arya' or if it's a boy...what was the kid's name LD had with Tondry? Name it that. :p

Sorry ya don't feel well. But still congrats.

Tam Jeneel
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:27:39 PM
Since I'm only seven weeks along, there are over 8 months before I could even begin to fathom an answer to your question, Charley.

I know you're thinking about it!

You've got your sister's high score to beat, ya know.

Director BlackOps
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:31:40 PM
:hug Wonderful news Holly! Congrats to you and hubby :)

Just wait to you feel baby move - all the upchuck gets forgotten (for a minute anyway).

Very happy news :)

Kyle Krogen
Aug 29th, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
I was wondering when you were going to announce this. It was dreadfully hard to keep my mouth shut, but now everyone on teh interwebs knows, so I can finally spew.

Congratz! I shall draw this little cousin into ze dark side, and together we shall rule as... cousin and cousin? Hmm... Didn't come out with the finesse I was expecting. Maybe I should go practice in front of the mirror a few more times.

One down, eleven more to go. Got to at least match your sister.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2007, 09:23:48 AM
:crack

Congrats (again).

Itala Marzullo
Aug 29th, 2007, 09:43:58 AM
Congrats. :)

And back off people, she is naming the kid Destructor.

Karl Valten
Aug 29th, 2007, 10:41:26 AM
Wow, Congrats Holly!!:hug

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 29th, 2007, 03:19:43 PM
Way to go, Miss LD!

Having a baby changes everything. The diapers and the burping and the midnight feeding.

Don't forget that once the child is born into the world, you have slave labor to help you take care of it *ahem, Kyle, cough*

Pierce Tondry
Aug 29th, 2007, 04:50:38 PM
I somehow doubt she wants to name her son Jax. I mean, it's cool with me if she does, but if I had to bet money I'd say it's a no go. :)

Congratulations Holly. You'll be a great mom.

Droo
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:24:54 PM
Congratulations, Holly! They don't call him Brain for nothing: you are going to be a wonderful mum. My best wishes to you and Ty.

Zeke
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:46:41 PM
So I've been trying all day to think of an appropriately Zekey response to this, including a list of my thoughts on this subject as they occurred to me, and embellishments upon them. I also had a million stories about my mom's pregnancies come to mind (she's had 3, and one of those was with twins, so count yourself lucky!), but in the end I'll just blend with the crowd and congratulate you and be really happy for you. Mostly I'm just blown away. I never even considered the possibility of this happening (kinda like how I never figured Charley and s'Il would marry), but somehow it's not THAT surprising. So whoo, baby! :D Best of luck.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:06:21 PM
It is crazy how grown up everyone is.

Good times :)

Wyl Staedtler
Aug 29th, 2007, 10:30:54 PM
Congrats again sweetie, you are on a spectacular journey (keep the ginger tea close at hand!) that is going to change absolutely everything for the better. :hug

And a :hug for Ty too. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 30th, 2007, 12:23:23 AM
Poor Ty, I think he's suffering as much as I am. ;) And Zeke - I have no idea if this is a single or multiple - so can't count myself lucky it isn't twins just yet! It still might be! ^_^;

And I think its safe to say there is no way I'll be having children in the double digits, Charley and Kyle. Unless I'm somehow pregnant with a litter O_o heaven forbid.

Cat X
Aug 30th, 2007, 03:26:25 AM
It is crazy how grown up everyone is.

Good times :)

Speak for yourself, white woman. I'm regressing at a rapid rate.

Congratulations Holly. Maybe I should embarrass you with some old tim AIM logs about this very subject........

Nah, I'm not that evil. But I am bribable.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:15:17 AM
I suppose the rest of us have to grow up to compensate for you turning into a child :mneh

Also - woman?! I'm a girl still, a girl! I don't want to be an adult :cry

Zeke
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:19:04 AM
Poor Ty, I think he's suffering as much as I am. ;) And Zeke - I have no idea if this is a single or multiple - so can't count myself lucky it isn't twins just yet! It still might be! ^_^;If it is twins, expect some discomfort as they find nutty ways to arrange themselves. Also, if they should roll past each other (Like Wei and I did to our mom) remember that it only feels like you're going to explode. :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:46:09 AM
I said it many times before, and I'll say it again - congrats!! I'm so happy for you :D And you can call me any time you want (to vent, cry, laugh, etc), even if you wake me up :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2007, 11:37:56 PM
:x sorry all, I've been busy with work and feeling awful, I honestly do intend to catch up on my RPs... someday. I went to an acupuncturist today, for the first time, for some help with my morning sickness, so we'll see! :)

Knight Staedtler
Sep 5th, 2007, 11:52:55 PM
Ooh, hope it helps. Morning sickness is the pits. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2007, 08:30:22 AM
Acupuncturist? What was it like?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:10:03 PM
It was pretty relaxing, actually! I've also been sucking on Altoids because the peppermint oil in them is supposed to help, and also keeps the bad smells of grocery store back rooms (where I work) at bay.

Eve
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:34:16 AM
Congratulations!

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:57:15 AM
Aw! This is what I get for not clicking on thread links. A late response.

Congrats Holly!! <3

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:24:00 PM
Thanks guys!

I've discovered the difference between craving food and craving food while pregnant. When you're pregnant everything except the food you're craving seems disgusting.

Parsideon Denix
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:27:58 PM
What have been your craves? You can often get hints to the gender by looking at what you eat.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:27:58 PM
I need to start taking notes :p

Either way though I hope you're making it ok :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:53:22 PM
Quiznos' Tuscan Turkey, mostly. :yum I love me a Jamba Juice too, I get the protein boost to help up my protein intake... I'm lucky if I get one a week though. :( I've been craving carbs like tater tots.

Right now I am suddenly dying for the exotic taste of Chang's Mongolian Grill... Argh!

The only problem is even the foods I'm craving can make me feel sick. I've been eating like a bird. :(

Tam Jeneel
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:58:19 PM
You're gonna have a boy, I think.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:02:34 PM
What you need to do is get a Barbie leg and tie a string on to it. Then hold it up over your belly. If the leg starts going in a clockwise circle, it's a girl. If counterclockwise, it's a boy.

I've seen it work; course, when I saw it, it was on the Jeff Foxworthy show, so take that however you want ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:04:47 PM
:p

I've started to feel the effects of way too many hormones running around in my body, as well. Ever watched Dante's Peak? And CRIED?! And I'm not talking about just the part where Grandma Ruth sacrifices herself in the lake of acid but in the parts where everyone's trying to get out of town while the ash is falling everywhere and things are shaking to pieces. I felt very glad I was home alone at the time so no one could see me. :p

Knight Staedtler
Sep 16th, 2007, 03:59:35 AM
Just wait. Hallmark holiday commercials are coming soon.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2007, 04:02:04 PM
Heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday! :eee <--this is how it made me feel

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 12th, 2007, 01:59:49 AM
Ohhhh :glomp

Awe-inspiring, eh?

Kelly Perris
Oct 13th, 2007, 05:14:20 AM
Congrats, Hol!

Furthermore, YAY BABIES.

I have one, too. She's just shy of walking full-bore. And she climbs EVE-RY-THING.

G'luck with it, woman. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:24:34 PM
Thanks, I think I'll need the luck! I'm fine with the baby being inside my body, and I'm fine with it being outside my body, I'm just slightly terrified of the whole... in between part. :mneh

Park Kraken
Oct 13th, 2007, 01:03:27 PM
Thanks, I think I'll need the luck! I'm fine with the baby being inside my body, and I'm fine with it being outside my body, I'm just slightly terrified of the whole... in between part. :mneh

In other words, delivery. Well, if it makes any difference, millions of women give birth every year without any problems.

Mu Satach
Oct 13th, 2007, 01:23:49 PM
Much belated congrats. :)

And from what I hear, the moment you see the wee little one all memory of the in between is null and void for some odd reason. ;)

Zem-El Vymes
Oct 13th, 2007, 02:17:03 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nh2iyPmucFk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nh2iyPmucFk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2007, 08:29:13 AM
You are a terrible person. :lol

Lucilla Marzullo
Oct 17th, 2007, 09:49:05 AM
I know it's late, but congrats to you and your husband! If you're craving food that is healthy for you, you're probably going to have a girl. Of course, I shouldn't predict anymore. The last person I predicted for had GIRLS...yes...twins...she nearly killed me >.<

And about the video...why suddenly do I want to watch Ace Ventura again? I don't even own the stinkin' thing...

Kelly Perris
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:22:41 AM

Pfft...c-section with mine. Had no choice, yet didn't particularily care. Let me tell you that I LOVE morphine. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:55:41 PM
15 weeks along now, and should find out the sex of the baby sometime around Thanksgiving. :) No, I'm not hoping for one or the other, I don't care really, just want to know which it is. :) Most of my morning sickness is gone, though certain smells like cooking hamburger will send me crying to my bed with a sick stomach for hours and hours.

We're going to have the baby at a natural childbirth clinic near my house - they have a great birthing suite there. I'm reading about water birth and it sounds fairly good to me though the great part about this place is that there's no pressure to deliver the baby in one paticular way. My midwife (also a naturopathic doctor) is great and I won't have to worry about unnecessary procedures being done on me or the baby, or about making sure the doctor is going to stick to my 'birth plan' with me. :)

Zem-El Vymes
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:07:11 PM
Ah, natural child birth.

Makes me want to put on that Bill Cosby DVD now.

I WANT MORPHINE!!! YOU SHUT UP!!! YOU DID THIS TO MEEE!!!

Lady Vader
Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:38:14 PM

In other words, delivery. Well, if it makes any difference, millions of women give birth every year without any problems.

My answer to that is "I'm NOT one of those women. I'm ME!" So, therefore, it's different each time, regardless whether it is successful or not.

And Holly, dear, that's the part that terrifies me as well!

But I am absolutely elated and ecstatic for you!! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm praying everything goes well for you! :)

JediBeldarine
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:24:39 PM
My answer to that is "I'm NOT one of those women. I'm ME!" So, therefore, it's different each time, regardless whether it is successful or not.

Ain't that the truth... let me let you in on a little secret, if I lived a few hundred years ago both Aidan and I would probably be dead right now. Apparently my body was not made to give birth the natural way (way to go Mother Nature). After my water breaking two weeks early (in the middle of the night, in my bed. Yeah. Fun.) it was all downhill from there and ended in an emergency c-section approximately 15 hours later.

I guess what I'm trying to say is *always* be ready for the possibility of a c-section. I was so set on doing things "naturally" that my OB had to talk me into a c-section even when things weren't looking good for either of us and it made me cry (yes, as they were administering the spinal block I was crying). Now that I look back at it, that was the best decision I ever made because I have an absolutely beautiful little man who is healthy and happy (though two years old and an absolute terror at times). I wasn't prepared for a c-section because I convinced myself that I'd do it naturally (afterall, isn't that what women are made for?)... Turns out that my body just never went into labor on its own (and every time they'd start the Pitocin, my son's heart rate would plummet), my hips are designed incorrectly and nothing would cooperate with the doctors (especially that whole water breaking before labor begins two weeks earlier than it should thing). Oddly enough one of the only things that cooperated was Aidan, since he was one determined little man trying to push his way through my uncooperative cervix... only baby I've seen born via c-section with a massive conehead.

Sometimes things do happen and sometimes it can't be prevented (especially since I'd had a fairly healthy pregnancy before then). Just make sure you read up on c-sections and be comfortable with the idea if it has to happen.

Jen

PS: I'm not trying to talk you into it, I'm just asking you not to fall into the trap that I (and many other moms) do. There's nothing wrong with c-sections (as I repeat that to myself over and over again because I can't have a VBAC) :).

PPS: Remember to always thank god that your child is immobile and noncommunicative... because all too soon they'll learn to crawl, walk, climb and talk. Then comes climbing the pantry, climbing on the kitchen table and jumping on the chandelier to hang from it, and screaming things like "Mommy's MEAN" when mommy tries to extract said child from a playground.

Lady Vader
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:28:57 PM
I was a c-section for my mom. Something about her contractions being way too strong and my little body not able to take it. Basically my heart rate would plummet and the doctor was so afraid I may be born with brain damage (of course, that's not to say I wasn't :p), so they had to do an emergency c-section. My mom never really told me what she was feeling at the time, but I can only imagine she felt the same way you did Beldarine... completely terrified.

I'll be honest with you, my hips are narrow (they haven't really gotten any wider with age), and I have a feeling I may go through the same thing when I get to the stage of becoming pregnant/giving birth. It's a mental block I'm still trying to overcome... probably why I've held off on getting pregnant. But little by little those blocks are dropping. And the fact I'm only getting older and not any younger, is definitely rushing that fact.

And, Holly, like Bel said... this is not to freak you out or anything. By no means! But it certainly doesn't hurt to be prepared for the good... and the bad.

Hence the plenty of prayers getting poured down in your direction that everything go smoothly and beautifully, and you come forth with a gorgeous bundle of joy in your arms! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:48:05 PM
Don't worry gals, I'm reading up and feel like I'm preparing. :mneh

HOWEVER, barring 'technical difficulties', this baby will be born the natural way. So far, so good.