PDA

View Full Version : 2107

Sanis Prent
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:03:16 PM
This is something I've wanted to do ever since my Fey'Dann RP (Land of the Red Sunset) went nowhere.

I want to do a future RP story about a space war, set exactly one hundred years in the future. I want to keep the number of participants to a very small number of people I can implicitly trust to keep it going. As of yet I don't know if I even want it on Fans, and I may want to do it on Meras to keep from pulling any punches.

One hundred years keeps this story as real as we can make it. Keeps the people involved identifiable. They'll likely have the same wants and desires that we do. The world they live in will be vaguely familiar to our own.

The gist is this: We've recently begun manned travel beyond our star system, traveling to systems beyond our own. On one such planet, we find not only our first contact with sentient life, but also the best supply of the fuel that will enable us to continue our interstellar travels. The conflict of interest is understandably great, and war is inevitable. When it begins, our participants are thrown into the fray as soldiers of the United Earth.

Let me know if you are interested in participating. Be serious on your intentions, and if you think you may not be able to post to this consistently, don't put your name in the hat. If you want to just throw ideas here instead, that is most welcome. I want to be extremely serious here.

The reason I'm wanting to do this so badly is because war is one of those things that is both disturbingly real and yet beyond a sane person's rational understanding. I read things like Starship Troopers that are technically sound, engaging books, but infuriate me for the dispassionate glossing over of the human condition. I intend to make humanity the showpiece here, and to butcher and preserve it in intimate detail.

This isn't a pro war roleplay, nor is it entirely a protest against war's horror. I want to stare as hard as I can at something which is insane and do my damnedest not to blink.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:08:49 PM
I'm in, but if you slack on this I swear I will put you in the trunk of a rear drive car and go drifting.

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:25:52 PM
I'm interested, but I need to check my work schedule. If I have any more 18 hour days, I won't be able to do this.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2007, 03:41:49 AM
I don't know if I'll get involved, but I'll definitely be reading :)

Droo
Aug 26th, 2007, 06:11:49 AM
I'm definately in. Which means that I have to cease being a hypocritical monkey and reply to my current threads.

Travis North
Aug 26th, 2007, 06:57:41 AM
I'd like participate in this. I'm itching to get into something, and I'll have enough free time to post frequently as I'm not gonna be gaming on a laptop.

I really like your premise. I just finished reading Mass Effect: Revelations (Yes, game book.) It sets up the back story for the game and how humanity achieves interstellar travel and enters galactic society, not without bloodshed and politics. Although there are only bits and pieces of how humanity is actually affected, and what people think. I'd really like to see more of that as it is glossed over all to much.

Peter McCoy
Sep 9th, 2007, 03:44:48 PM
This sounds very promising. I'm very interested in realistic sci-fi. It'll be a nice change from the familiar Star Wars and Star Trek setting. Count me in for sure. As long as it keep rolling along, I'll have a front seat.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:20:34 PM
Got some great writers on board so far... this should be good :)

Zem-El Vymes
Sep 10th, 2007, 11:35:03 PM
I'll drop a teaser on you guys within the week and see if anybody's got any thoughts.

Droo
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:58:40 PM
Days must last weeks in your neck of the woods, I didn't realise the planetary tilt was that severe!

So... we calling this thing 2108 now?

:Poke

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 11th, 2008, 04:37:40 PM
I would like to participate, but only if being able to post once every three days is acceptable to you. I have my plate full with work and lots of RPs, so that's probably as often as I could sit and write well. Let me know what you think.

Also, what would this war be fought over?

Gharhda the Hutt
Jan 11th, 2008, 06:17:26 PM
I'm still only in school, but I can post anywhere between 9:00 and 3:15 PST, so, yeah, I think I'll have a go at this, too. YAY! FUTURE WAR! :dance :shootin