PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (Summer 2008)

Kal Olorin
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:02:03 PM
As some people who were there probably already know (heck you might all already know) the poster for Hellboy 2 was revealed at Comic Con.

And, here it is!

http://swf-agglomeration.net/collectors/hellboy-2-poster.jpg

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:04:57 PM
That looks pretty cool. It's a shame that the movie will probably suck.

Droo
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:09:59 PM
It's directed by Guillermo del Toro. I doubt that. Then again, I suppose that depends on whether or not you enjoyed the first film.

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:19:51 PM
That looks pretty cool. It's a shame that the movie will probably suck.

First movie had an absence of suck so I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:02:17 PM
guh. I love Mike Mignola

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:14:13 PM
The first movie didn't leave any kind of impression on me, to be honest, but I seem to be in the minority there. I think the concept of it all is quite cool, though... so maybe the sequel will catch my imagination? Who knows.

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:21:38 PM
Not every movie is for everyone. Have you read any of the comics or seen the animated films?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:27:25 PM
I haven't. Like I said, the concept did appeal to me but the movie itself just didn't excite me. I might give it another watch and see if my opinion has changed with time :) Are the animated films available online or DVD at all?

Liam Jinn
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:42:28 PM
Mneh, the first one wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was forgettable, and I'm sure the second will follow along the same line.

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:55:13 PM
I haven't. Like I said, the concept did appeal to me but the movie itself just didn't excite me. I might give it another watch and see if my opinion has changed with time :) Are the animated films available online or DVD at all?

They're available on DVD. First one came out earlier this year. Last one came out about two-three weeks ago.

The third one (slated for sometime next year) makes me all giggly. But that's 'cause I read 'Hellboy'.

Itala Marzullo
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:17:25 AM
The first movie was basically a buddy cop movie with devils, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Can't wait for the sequel.

Sanis Prent
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:42:00 AM
I liked the first one because it had good amounts of Nazis and the occult in it working in tandem. Hopefully this is more of the same.

Aurelias Kazaar
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:50:01 AM
No Nazis, but it still sounds interesting. Mignola's fantasy-type stuff is normally really, really good. I like busting Nazi heads, but this sounds good.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/765/765210p3.html

IGN Comics: What can you tell us about the plot and villains?

Mignola: It's an original story that Guillermo and I came up with about two years ago. It actually reflects the direction the comic is going in. It's not in any way the same story, but it deals with similar things. The focus is more on the folklore and fairy tale aspect of Hellboy. It's not Nazis, machines and mad scientists but the old gods and characters who have been kind of shoved out of our world.

I kind of equate it to the whole American Indian situation. The Indians were shoved onto reservations. You had your old, wise Indians who said, "You know, this is the way it is. We can't fight anymore. We just have to accept our fate." You then have your Geronimo character saying, "Or we could just kill the White Man." That's kind of the situation we have in the film. We have our elf characters resigning to the way things are and then there's one saying, "Or we could take the world back." The main difference is - what if the Indians had a nuclear warhead? The elves have their equivalent of the weapon that is too terrible to use. What if this guy decided to use it?

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2007, 04:42:22 PM
I really enjoyed the first one and I'm starting to become a big fan of Del Torre. I think this second one could be really good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 18th, 2007, 03:57:57 PM
http://www.hellboymovie.com/

Website has been updated with blogs, concept art, etc. Very cool!

Aurelias Kazaar
Oct 18th, 2007, 05:47:09 PM
No flash on this work computer but the background look awesome. I'm so ready for this and the new Bat-film.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:46:21 PM
New poster out - featuring Liz

edit: and another one featuring Hellboy

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:53:14 PM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/842/842108p1.html

New pictures from the movie out... I'm not sure I like the look of Hellboy in the third one. Its just his outfit... its so... formfitting or something. :p He needs his trenchcoat. :D

Rutabaga
Dec 19th, 2007, 08:54:03 PM
I loved the first Hellboy movie. It's one of those rare movies that gets better each time I see it. Of course, I've had a crush on Ron Perlman since back in the Beauty and the Beast days. And Hellboy loves cats, so what's not to like? :)

I will definitely go see this movie when it comes out. When I saw I Am Legend this past weekend, there was a display for Hellboy 2 in the lobby, and I must say, I got very excited :crack.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2007, 02:58:00 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NfIT6CFQXg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NfIT6CFQXg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Hellboy trailer Hellboy trailer!!! :crack

Mitch
Dec 21st, 2007, 07:18:41 PM
I'm liking the ultimate Samaritan. *wonders if it's called the Gentile*

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 30th, 2008, 04:53:16 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21887

Empire Online has an interview with Guillermo Del Toro about the movie. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 30th, 2008, 04:57:00 PM
So I saw the trailer in front of some movie I recently saw (Cloverfield?), and I must say... Wow.

I never watched the first one, cause it really didn't look like it could do it for me. But after seeing this trailer, it looks like fun. Might have to catch the first one at some point.

Yuri Thrice
Jan 31st, 2008, 10:25:43 AM
Wow! I'm stoked for it! Loved the first one, including the additional episode of "Gerald McBoingBoing." Very old, throwback cartoon. Very cool.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 2nd, 2008, 02:40:58 AM
That does look like a lot of fun. I might just go see this when it comes out :D

Eluna Thals
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:40:00 PM
No Nazis

That was the appeal of the first movie almost entirely for me. I'll pass on the sequel I guess.

Aurelias Kazaar
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:51:41 PM
Psh. Go see it anyway. It'll be fun. :)

Yuri Thrice
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:39:03 PM
Yes, this time their kicking the tail offa some poofy, evil looking elf people who seem more like vamps, that haven't had a good tan in like a milennia. More Hellboy smart-arsed antics? More supernatural mumbo-jumbo? Sign me up....

Zem-El Vymes
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:52:21 PM
Honestly the rest of Hellboy didn't really interest me much. I liked it as much as I did because of the villains, and not much else.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:44:18 PM
Saw it tonight and really, really liked it (it's actually better than the first one). If you saw Pan's Labyrinth you'll like this I think. Same feel.

Real funny too :)

Rutabaga
Jul 13th, 2008, 10:05:59 PM
I would have seen it today, except for the fact that my mother really wanted to see Journey to the Center of the Earth, so I was a good daughter and took her to see that. Not great, but not all that terrible either. I'll get to Hellboy 2 in 2 weeks, after The Dark Knight next weekend. I have high hopes for HB 2 since the critics have loved it and the WOM seems to be positive.

Ryan Pode
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:19:12 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Hellboy II. Kinda sad at the end, but good nonetheless. However, I also enjoyed Hellboy.

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:10:49 AM
I was kind of disappointed by HB2. Not that it was bad, but I expected a certain amount of improvement, and it wasn't there. I actually thought the first one was better, I liked it that much. Still, it was worth the outrageous ticket prices and my son had a good time. That's all that matters.

Rutabaga
Jul 28th, 2008, 07:36:02 PM
I was finally able to see Hellboy II yesterday, and I really really enjoyed it. You could tell it had a bigger budget than the first one, because it had so many more creatures, more CGI (I loved the elemental forest creature stomping around like Godzilla), and it was a little noisier and brighter than the first one. But I found it really appealing and entertaining. My only complaint is that I normally adore Danny Elfman's scores, he's one of my favorite composers, but I felt like his score for this movie almost overpowered what was going on on the screen at points.

With the revelation that they left for us at the end, I seriously hope they do make a third one, because I just HAVE to see what Liz and Hellboy's babies look like. :lol