PDA

View Full Version : I want to do some roleplay.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:34:35 AM
I'm very curious though as to what I would be allowed to do. Before I MIA'ed, I had a Jedi Knight and a Sith Knight. Would I be allowed to re-apply either of those titles and powers to a character? Also, it seems we're still in the post-Episode 6 continuity. What are the Jedi and Rebel factions up to right now? Other questions are sure to follow, but I've only been awake 10 minutes and mah brainz aren't firing on all cylinders (yet).

GAH! Post icon requirement! o.O Wasn't expecting that.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:51:19 AM
Ranks - yes, you can keep the ranks you had and apply them to any new characters (or old characters) you had :) Basically if you earned the rank of Knight twice, you can have two Knight rank characters.

Jedi/Rebel factions - the Rebellion is just as it was in the movies, pretty much, only without the canon characters (Luke/Han/etc) to lead it. The Jedi have pretty much just formed into a faction of sorts, and have an Enclave on the planet Vortex. The Jedi and the Rebels work pretty close together, with the Rebellion often directing Jedi - who have become seperated from their peers by Imperial persecution - to the Jedi Enclave.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2007, 11:10:48 AM
^^^ what she said.

Glad to see you back, Zekey. :D

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
It's good to be back, for serious. I like the changes I see, and I'll be throwing a character into the X-Men universe RP as soon as I finish writing up a profile to throw into the thread for profiles (if such a thing exists). Oh, question about that! Do our characters have to be mutants, or can we acquire powers through other means?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 29th, 2007, 02:35:10 PM
I think there is a thread with most of the mutant bios floating about somewhere...

As for the powers thing, I think everyone so far has been kind of... born with the powers, but I suppose you could have a char who acquired them somehow. What did you have in mind?

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 06:57:44 PM
Technology powers. The character is injected with nano machines to repair a damage spinal column. The machines are supposed to replicate themselves enough to re-forge broken links in the spinal cord and prevent the broken bones from re-damaging any tissue. They over-replicate, spreading over the character's back and reaching up to the base of his brain. This excess of nano machines, and the connection they have to his mind, allow him to manipulate their electricity in order to deliver small electric shocks and ionize metal (which will be his primary power). Did any of that make sense?

Ilias Nytrau
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:51:21 PM
Zeke! Good to see ya, buddy. Getting back into the RP'n? Good on ya.

Makes sense to me, but I'm not much one to talk on that matter. I have yet to put a character in any universe outside of SW. Just came back myself after disappearing a good spell, and I'm slowly putting characters back on the map. So, I guess i'll be looking forward to writing with you, if I can.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:02:01 PM
I need to decide if I'm going to make Zeke one of my Knights. If I do, I can't use my old image claim (he's simply too young) so I'd have to pick someone new, which is gonna be freaking hard. >_<

Zero
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:35:16 PM
Not all of us are mutants. Some of us are cybernetic mutant-killing machines! :ninja

I might be able to help you out with backstory for the X-Men character. Another possible co-conspirator would be Erebos, who's running a big evil biotech corp. But I don't know if Erebos has been able to put anything in motion yet.

Ilias Nytrau
Jul 30th, 2007, 06:04:26 AM
I need to decide if I'm going to make Zeke one of my Knights. If I do, I can't use my old image claim (he's simply too young) so I'd have to pick someone new, which is gonna be freaking hard. >_<

I JUST switched from Sean Maher to David Caruso, because there's no way I could really justify Sean Maher being 50+ years old. Falcon is just a very young 50. Pre-reset, I used Clive Robertson. What age would you be looking at for Zeke if you keep him as a knight?

Zeke
Jul 30th, 2007, 11:02:42 AM
Not all of us are mutants. Some of us are cybernetic mutant-killing machines! :ninja

I might be able to help you out with backstory for the X-Men character. Another possible co-conspirator would be Erebos, who's running a big evil biotech corp. But I don't know if Erebos has been able to put anything in motion yet.
He's not really cybernetic/robotic/villainous. He's got an ego bigger than Ego, but he's a hero at heart. I envisioned his acquisition of nano machines as being more of an accident, or at least a non-sinister experiment to develop a means of restoring function in a damaged spinal chord. So unless someone has a corporation that's developing such things for the benefit of humanity, I'll come up with something to explain the situation and then probably never reference it again as I get all wrapped up in "OMG POWARZ!11"

I JUST switched from Sean Maher to David Caruso, because there's no way I could really justify Sean Maher being 50+ years old. Falcon is just a very young 50. Pre-reset, I used Clive Robertson. What age would you be looking at for Zeke if you keep him as a knight?
I figure at the very youngest, he'd be late 30s. Ideally I'd like to go for some age in the 40s, though I haven't completely dismissed using someone older and going for the wise, enlightened, mysteriously content old man. If I was gonna go 40-ish, I think I'd go with Nicholas Cage (because Ghost Rider was such a stupidly fun movie to watch). If I went with the 80-or-so age...well, the only person who comes to mind is Mako. :\

EDIT, bringing you longer posts since the function was installed!: I picked an image claim. Is it possible for Zeke to belong to both the Rebellion and the Jedi, given that he will probably spend a lot of time with both groups?

Also, can I retain Zeke's 3 weapon set-up (2 sabers and a Force Pike)? I have an idea of how it would work out, if the answer isn't an immediate yes or no, but rather is a "maybe, what do you have in mind".

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:38:18 AM
Is it possible for Zeke to belong to both the Rebellion and the Jedi, given that he will probably spend a lot of time with both groups?

Of course.

Also, can I retain Zeke's 3 weapon set-up (2 sabers and a Force Pike)?

I don't see why not :)

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:43:44 AM
Very much awesome. Roleplay post will go up soonish. I noticed that Storytelling has disappeared. Do I do a one-player backstory thingy in the regular forum with a closed thread, or whut?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:23:51 PM
Yup, just stick a closed post-icon on it if you want to keep the thread to yourself.

Looking forward to seeing the new incarnation of Zeke :D

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:26:37 PM
Me too. If I do it right, his Awesome Factor will go up by like, 10 or 20, and roleplay will be fun again. :D

Zereth Lancer
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:35:37 PM
This may come off as weird, but I can stare at your avatar for hours and never get bored. It's eerie, but without the chills.

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:50:26 PM
It's a gif a friend of mine animated ages ago. It was the only avatar-sized thing in my photobucket, so I used it.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:06:26 PM
It is... hypnotic.

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:24:19 PM
Am I allowed to reference canon characters? Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, etc.?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:16:22 PM
Little references here and there. For instance, IIRC s'Ilancy was trained by Mace Windu; Miranda is obviously related to Moff Tarkin; etc. We have agreed that most of the canon characters are dead, though, and if they aren't they don't tend to factor heavily in what's going on.

I think that's our official stance, anyway :)

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:02:35 PM
Ok. I was going to make mention of the Jedi Council in Zeke's backstory thing, and would rather use the canon Council than make one up. Thanks.

Barton Henning
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:06:35 PM
Yup, that would be fine, I would think :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:50:25 PM
Mentioning the original council is fine, as is llimited use of them as NPCs in a backstory RP, or the like.

In the current time frame all major film characters are deceased, and RPing their spirits is not allowed. :p

Zeke
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:08:57 PM
Once the thread catches up the present, all Canon Folk will be discontinued, unless a memory necessitates that they be mentioned. I'm pretty much done with them now.

EDIT: Ok, so I'm edit-bumping this since it's on page one and I was using it for questions. I have more, so why start another thread?

New Question! I believe it was said that the Jedi Enclave is gathering on Vortex. Is this A) the kind of planet that gets on people's shipping routes, B) do you have to go out of your way for it, or C)is it "not in the archives", ala Kamino, D) or what? I'm trying to figure out a plausible way to get Zeke there without having a giant Jedi get-together.

More New Question! I'm starting a Togruta character. For those who aren't sure what that is, Shaak Ti was a Togruta. Moar on the Togrutan race can be found in here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togruta
So, to the question: I understand that the Empire, while generally intolerant of certain non-human races, allowed certain others to carry on without much trouble (i.e., the Twi'leks), and was wondering if the Togruta might get thrown into that category.

Very much with the thanking. :)