PDA

View Full Version : Stood Up

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 10:55:58 AM
It was Friday night at the Kingston Mines. Nara stayed away from places like this usually since she was never really in a mellow mood, but Brigid suggested it because her friend owned the place. The Band wanted to go as well since they had the entire weekend off. Didn't happen too often. So what the hell, she thought. Good company, good food and good music (just because she didn't like the mellow vibe didn't mean the Garou couldn't appreciate good Blues).

And the baddies were quiet tonight. Spirals seemed to stay away from the City proper since Nara and Brigid took that one down ... Still, the hackles at the back of her neck couldn't help but sense doom was coming.

A lovely waitress sat Nara down at a corner booth and ordered a beer right away. She took her time at looking over the menu since she was the first to arrive.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:20:55 AM
:: Brigid arrived five minutes later, clad in low rider jeans, snakeskin boots, and a tank top with a leather vest. She smiled warmly as she walked up to Nara's booth and took a seat. Glancing around the club, she flagged down a passing waiter ::

"So what do you think?"

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:32:49 AM
Nara's eyes peeked up over the menu that hid her smile as she checked out Brigid. Her demeanor was much cooler as she set it aside. "Kinda cool. The atmosphere is nice if you're into relaxing ..."

The Garou looked past her friend to see if any of her band mates had shown up yet.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:37:58 AM
"Trust me, this place gets jumping in an hour."

:: She sat lazily across from Nara and enjoyed the groove ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:39:49 AM
That made a brow raise, "Jumping? Here?"

She couldn't believe it. "You mean packed with people for dinner and drinks?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:45:53 AM
:: She nodded as some food arrived ::

"The bands kick too. It's Fiona's passion. Probably not your style though." she said with a hint of teasing.

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:22:40 PM
"Naw, not really." She leaned back and extended her arms across the back of the booth, her fingers tapping absently to the beat of the drums.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:29:51 PM
:: Brigid watched her friend a moment, semi-daydreaming before checking her watch ::

"Methinks the gang is lost."

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:31:11 PM
"Huh?" Nara was off in her own little world, humming along with the music and thinking up new lyrics. "Oh ..."

She checked her watch and frowned. "Odd. Usually at least Ethan would be here by now. He's the responsible one."

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:41:05 PM
:: Brigid shrugged and enjoyed the relaxation. It would be a few hours before she'd have to patrol ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:49:13 PM
Their waitress freshened up their drinks and Nara was starting to get a bit miffed at her friends.

She called Ethan on his cell. It rang four times before he picked up. Nara had to pull the phone away because the music on the other end was blasting in her ear, and her senses were tripled that of normal folk.

"Ow, damnit." She jerked it back. "Ethan? What the hell. Where are you guys?"

Oh hey, Nara. Um ..."

The pause was too long. She was catching Ethan in a lie. "Um what?"

Well, we decided to hang out together at the Bamboo Bernie's. Beach volleyball night.

"So instead of hanging with me and Brigid, you wanted to play volleyball and get drunk?"

Um ... kinda?

She sighed, "You're acting weird. Wh -"

Nara! Kevin's voice barreled over the music. Me and Vic are totally destroying Ethan and Paul! Should seen me knock the beer bottle outta Paul's hand when I served. Anyway, gotta go! Have fun! Sorry we decided to bail!"

The line went dead leaving a stunned Nara wondering what the hell that was about.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:51:34 PM
:: Brigid canted her head in curiosity, only catching part of the conversation ::

"So they ditched?"

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:56:16 PM
The phone flipped closed with a loud snap. "Uh, yeah."

She blinked. "They did. I have no damn clue as to why."

Nara was going to have to put the hurting on them for doing this. Why they were being rude to someone that has been nothing but nice to them evaded understanding.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:06:06 PM
:: She could sense the anger in the Garou's voice ::

"Forget it. We'll have a good time without them." she winked.

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:17:06 PM
Her growling was low but threatening. Brigid's charms weren't working. Nara expected more from her friends. "That's not the point. They have better manners then this."

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:20:09 PM
:: She frowned slightly behind her beer ::

"Do you want to go?"

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:23:28 PM
Her eyes darted at Brigid and sensed the disappointment. The Garou's face scrunched up in embarrassment and rubbed her eyes with a gloved hand. "Sorry. I shouldn't make this ruin the night."

She was doing a great job of being mad at friends who weren't here and ignoring the one who was. "They're still going to pay tho. Later. Wanna order?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:28:57 PM
"Knock yourself out, Nara. I'm buying." she smiled, offering no room for argument.

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:31:34 PM
"Hey, I'm not destitute. I can pay my own way for once," she argued. "Not that I don't appreciate it but ya do enough for me."

Giving her free room and board was quite enough as for as the Fury was concerned.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:40:17 PM
"I understand. I offered because it's my pleasure." she countered gently, not wanting to upset Nara's pride. She turned her attention to the waitress and ordered the blackened catfish.

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:42:13 PM
"I know. Thanks." She didn't sense that Brigid's feelings were hurt. At least that was going all right.

The Garou ordered the 1/2 slab of New Orleans style ribs with lots of napkins. Her mouth was already watering ...

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:54:49 PM
:: The pace of the music picked up, and Brigid talked on a bit about the history of the city as they waited ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:56:43 PM
"Huh, really," Nara chimed in after a sip of beer and leaned in to quietly ask this question. "Any truth to Capone then?"

Some rumors had it that he was turned into a Vamp. With learning about Immortals, who knew if the rumors meant something else.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:03:47 PM
:: The mention of Capone brought a glint to Brigid's eye ::

"Al? Yeah, he's still around. He doesn't call me anymore though." she replied with a smirk.

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:06:53 PM
Nara's jaw about dropped. Failing to have some witty reply, she was glad dinner had come.

She dug into it, not sure how to take that comment. Was he a Vamp? An Immortal? Did Brigid work for him? ... Did Brigid do him?

The Garou frowned and bit into a piece of meat, ripping it off the bone cleanly.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:20:24 PM
:: Brigid picked up on the emotion and continued ::

"It's not like you think. Besides, he took it real personal when I whacked Pham Hong."

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:21:51 PM
Nara swallowed and licked her lips. "Didn't know Immortals can read minds."

Inwardly she winced at the snarky comment. What the hell was wrong with her tonight. The Band really put her in a foul mood.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:27:08 PM
:: Brigid let the comment pass, and lost herself in her own meal ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:31:31 PM
Good Job, Nara. So good at making people mad at you when they like you. She threw down a bone and started to clean up. Brigid was staring down at her food, mostly picking at it.

The Garou decided to take her unused fork and stab at a piece of catfish to sample. Peppery as all hell, but good, and made Nara sneeze.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:34:08 PM
:: The motion caught Brigid by suprise, but she chuckled ::

"Bless you."

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:37:06 PM
She wriggled her nose and then snatched it between her index finger and thumb, working out the itch. "Thanks."

Nara stole another piece, a smaller piece with less pepper this time, and ate it. "Sorry for being a bitch."

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:40:12 PM
:: Brigid responded with a wide grin ::

"Forgiven, but if it happens again I beat you down." :D

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:42:29 PM
She finished chewing with a wide grin on her face. "Promise?"

Nara would have blamed the beer, but she only had two. It takes a lot more to get her tipsy. No, she was being unashamed flirty for no real reason.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:49:35 PM
:: She gazed back at Nara in delight, mischief bringing a glow to her cheeks ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:51:55 PM
Nara smirked, rather proud of herself to get that kind of response.

"Anything else for you ladies tonight?"

Nara was amazed at the timing of waitresses. They just magically pop out of thin air at times, and at the worse times.

"Yeah, I'll take another," she asked, with a tip of her almost empty glass.

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:56:46 PM
:: Brigid ate the rest of her meal seductivley, teasing Nara as she licked the sauce from her fingers. Perhaps this night would turn out the way she imagined it after all ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:02:09 PM
Nara had leaned back again, sipping at her drink, casually glancing about the club, but she was mainly fixated on Brigid. Girl's definitely making it a lot more warm in here ... Oh wait. Oh hell no! Brigid's a vixen and my Band might be forgiven.

"Ya know what. Ya got me thinking." Nara canted her head to the side and grinned. Now that she was calm, the Fury was starting to get a much different perspective on tonights events. "You guys planned this didn't you. Them not showing up."

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:09:41 PM
"Never."

:: Brigid tried to look innocent, and failed magnificently ::

"I like you, Nara."

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:12:58 PM
She laughed, feeling rather foolish now. "I shoulda known. Conspiring against me."

Brigid was still trying to act all innocent and looked quite lovely doing it. "Eventho I acted like a complete idiot tonight?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:21:18 PM
:: Brigid laughed, her attempts at maintaining a pokerface gone ::

"Yeah."

:: She gazed at Nara again in admiration ::

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:24:56 PM
She chuckled, "Well, I guess that's good then. I'd ask why you didn't just say so before, but then I realize teasing me was more your style."

Plus the Garou has a thick skull.

"I'm just not so sure it's a good idea."

Brigid Cassidy
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:29:49 PM
"What's wrong?"

Nara McKenna
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:38:06 PM
The cheerfulness melted away into a dark frown. "People I care about always get hurt. Nature of my life since ..."

She shrugged her shoulders. " ... you know. Why I move around. Don't get attached."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:19:28 AM
:: Brigid gave her hand a squeeze ::

"I know..."

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:23:14 AM
Nara's eyes fell at Brigid's hand, which caused her frown to deepen further. She pulled it away and tucked it safely underneath her other arm. "Yeah. I know you do."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:35:57 AM
:: A plate of snacks arrived, just in time for Brigid to munch on one ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:39:18 AM
Her eyes drifted to the food but the Garou had lost her appetite. Nara's mind was moving too fast thinking about what ifs and past losses to really enjoy this meal anymore.

The slid out of the booth and threw down some money for her meal that would eventually come. "Sorry."

She left the restaurant with a growl, wondering why things had to become complicated.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:45:20 AM
:: Brigid cursed under her breath, then waited a beat before going after her ::

"Are you mad at me???"

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:48:27 AM
She hadn't made it too far before Brigid was hot on her heels. The Garou sighed and shoved her hands in her jacket pockets. "No."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:52:04 AM
:: Brigid kept her distance but canted herself sideways to look at Nara. There was a tiny smile on her face. Half timid, half flirty ::

"Then where are you going?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:54:33 AM
A long breath exhaled from her nose as she looked towards her bike. "Dunno. I'll find out when I get there."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:04:22 AM
"You don't have to be alone anymore, Nara."

:: she took a deep breath ::

"I don't want you to be."

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:07:32 AM
Her eyes narrowed as she finally found the courage to look at Brigid. "Why?"

There had to be more then the Immortal simply 'liking' her to be this stubborn.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:22:52 AM
:: the truth was, it was that simple ::

"Because I told you ..."

:: there was a distinctive twinkle in her eyes as she repeated herself ::

"... I like you." :D

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:26:47 AM
She closed her eyes and sighed. A complicated question could not be answered that easily, at least in Nara's mind.

"You still can't promise I won't be alone," she finally said, opening her eyes but making sure they averted Brigid's gaze. "No matter how old you are, you know that's something you can't promise ..."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:32:35 AM
:: Brigid walked over to her, and kissed her on the lips before she could finish, then pulled away. Her own cheeks were burning as she looked at Nara ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:39:00 AM
She smelled her getting closer and brought a hand up to stop her. Brigid didn't care. The Immortal stepped in and kissed her.

When Brigid pulled away, Nara turned around, stunned, as to what happened. A mixture of confusion and angry crossed her face, feeling as if she was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:11:09 AM
"The hell I can't." she growled.

"Companions are so hard to find in this world. Please don't walk away."

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:22:43 AM
Nara looked up directly at Brigid, and for that brief moment, entertained the notion. Her heart wanted it, but her head was still too scared to take a chance.

"I'm sorry," she said breathlessly. "I can't. It's too much ..."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:33:12 AM
:: Brigid stood still, as though she were staring down the barrel of a gun. Then she bowed her head ::

"You can stay the night at Fiona's. I'll stay here."

:: She turned to walk back into the club ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
With a stiff upper lip, Nara turned on her heels and walked towards her bike as if punched in the stomach. The Garou felt the bile creeping up in the back of her throat and kicked over a garbage can, angry at herself for being a scared pup.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:48:51 AM
:: Brigid glanced over her shoulder at the noise, and sniffed as she leaned in the doorway ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:08:50 PM
A few of the pedestrians scattered, not wanting to get in Nara's way as she hopped onto her bike, and sped off in a random direction.

She had a lot of thinking to do ...