PDA

View Full Version : Any one Interested?

Harlequin
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:13:14 PM
Hi - I would like to get my Jedi character underway and would like to throw things open for any of you to be involved.

This character is going to be a novice Jedi - who was brought up in the academy until she was about 15-16 yrs old. She left in typical teenage rebellion against a future she was not quite certain she wanted. This departure happened just prior to the purge.

Now, 20 (or is it 30?) years later Alex Coal (who has assumed the identity "Harlequin") wants to re-join the good fight and seeks out the Jedi and any who may formerly know her.

Needless to say, she is still a bit of a rebel, having lived in the school of hardknocks since her youth, and has many character flaws and shortcomings to work out (be trained out of her). She is abrassive, rash, bad tempered and prefers the more instant (violent) solution to problems as opposed to the more Jedi-like ways.

Her heart however, is of gold. Ok...maybe polished brass, but still she is on the road of the righteous.

So--- I need

1. Someone who knows her from before (can be friend or antagonist) to bring her into the Jedi fold

2. Someone who will take on her training.

3. Um, thats it for now I think.

4. Oh, yeah, and a sig - which I requested in the Art Forums if anyone is an eager beaver.

thanks for your time, and please please someone respond.

:)

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:36:24 PM
Tieru could have known her before. He was a Padawan during the period of the Jedi Purge, and wasn't involved because he gave the Right of Denial in the face of the Clone Wars. So, he didn't participate in the Wars, and was off with the ExplorSect of the Jedi Order which was exploring the Expansion Region during the Clone Wars. In his return, he came to the Jedi Purge.

Since then he has been up and about, yet now he is has become once again involved in the Jedi Order by way of Terran Starek. I dont know exactly if Terran would take you since he has a load with me (hehe), but if he would it'd make it a bit simplier.

If there was a way that you could get in contact with Tieru, or something of that sort. Or maybe cross paths with him between going to Antar IV to Vortex, it'd be easy to pull you along into the story of rebuilding the Jedi Order right now. Through that, there is a lot of possibilities of finding a new master if Terran Starek wouldn't take you in.

Also, just a side note, there is information on Tieru in my sig. The bio, so you can check that out to see how you could fit in. I have an idea that they could have just been around each other as part of the same Clan while they were Younglings or something. And developed a sort of acquaintance or...friendship from there.

Anyways, there ya go. I'm open.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:54:25 PM
I have a character who was at the temple 'back in the day', and a Padawan during the purge. He hasn't returned to the Jedi yet (stubborn ;)) but if you'd like them to have known one-another, if only in passing, that would be cool. :)

Oh, his name is Barton Henning, btw.

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:59:53 PM
Heh, yeah - I think Barton might end up being a little easier...or more logical to get in contact with. Or even look up and find - because...well, he is stationed somewhere.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:01:17 PM
Like I said, he isn't with the Jedi right now, but he will make his way back to Vortex someday. Just saying you don't have to rule out the possibility that you knew him back at the Temple.

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:08:18 PM
Yup, thats true.
How do you plan to use or interact with the person you knew before the Jedi Purge?

Harlequin
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:54:31 PM
Yup, thats true.
How do you plan to use or interact with the person you knew before the Jedi Purge?

This person is my way to finding the Order. Plus it will help establish my original presence among the Jedi.

I think I is logical for me to know both Tieru and Henning. Teiru moreso, being younglings together before Alex split.

Henning - may be that she remembers him more than he does her. Possibly an age difference that made them not move in the same circles at that time? But a connection either way that may have storyline uses down the road.

Would it be possible for Halequin to track Tieru down through the ExplorSect somehow?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:06:40 PM
Barton would have been about 15 or 16 at the time of the purge, but it's entirely likely that they weren't 'close' friends. He spent a lot of his time with Mu Satach.

Harlequin
Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:18:47 PM
Sounds good. I think Tieru was being instructed under Master Yoda as a youngling according to his bio, so safe to say, so was Alex.

That would put Henning into a different study group with Mu but its still logical they would at least know 'of' each other. Id say Alex noticed him and was a bit bent outta shape cause Henning never really noticed her. Unrequited teen crush, so hard to take.

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:29:51 PM
Yeah, he is about 4-5 years older than Alex, and was one of the older Cu Pa clan men before he became a Padawan.

Harlequin
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:46:24 PM
Dasq can you clarify..Was Mu a Jedi before? Now?

So any idea how we can meet up in the now Tieru? I dont want to intrude in your padawan thread with Terran, but we could do one that takes place just after that.

Perhaps Alex has been trying to locate you and pics up your trail on Antar IV. That would get me following you and Terran, maybe?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:41:28 PM
Lilaena was a padawan as well. But not in the youngling classes, she'd been picked up and had a master at the time of the purge. She was 8. But she certainly won't be joining the Jedi. ;)

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:52:23 PM
Dasq can you clarify..Was Mu a Jedi before? Now?

So any idea how we can meet up in the now Tieru? I dont want to intrude in your padawan thread with Terran, but we could do one that takes place just after that.

Perhaps Alex has been trying to locate you and pics up your trail on Antar IV. That would get me following you and Terran, maybe?

Yeah, that could work.
We'd just have to go over the details, because we are kinda hidden right now, just now finished from running away from the Empire.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:28:52 AM
Mu was a paddy at the same time as Barton. They escaped the Purge together, but because of the horrific memories of that time Mu surpressed all memories of her time as a Jedi. She's only just remembering them now.

Mu Satach
Jul 25th, 2007, 04:16:53 AM
Mu was a paddy at the same time as Barton. They escaped the Purge together, but because of the horrific memories of that time Mu suppressed all memories of her time as a Jedi. She's only just remembering them now.

Aye - Jedi through and through until the night of the purge. Suffered one too many whacks to the ol noggin and soul that night. ;)

Currently on Cloud City, and runs Cloud 9 Bar & Grill as a front for her black market antiquities trade. Specializes in getting fancy schmancy stuff to people who can pay. Between the purge and her current occupations she made her money pulling con jobs against idiots who deserved it.

I'm sure she would eventually remember someone who would have had a teen crush on Barton. When someone is hinting/hitting on your best bud, it's kind of noticeable, even if the buddy in question is oblivious to said hints. >=)

Harlequin
Jul 25th, 2007, 09:04:32 PM
Dasq, Mu - thanks, that makes things clearer :)

Tieru - I havent read the latest in your thread yet, so maybe I can get an idea from there. Its hard to swing things if you guys are too hidden.

A chance recognition by Mu in Cloud City is another possiblity, but Im not sure how that would hook me up with the Jedi and eventually the Vortex. Unless Tieru and Terran eventually rolled up there too.

LD - not even a tincy, wincy chance you'd join??

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 25th, 2007, 09:43:46 PM
Actually me and Terran are heading to Vortex soon. Thats why I think it'd be nice if we bumped into you between heading to Antar IV to Vortex. I dont know the distance, but there is probably a billion planets between there we could find ourselves on.

Ya know, the Force works in mysterious ways. :)

Mu Satach
Jul 26th, 2007, 01:50:08 PM
A chance recognition by Mu in Cloud City is another possibility, but I'm not sure how that would hook me up with the Jedi and eventually the Vortex.

I've actually started wondering if Cloud City couldn't become a major supply port for the Jedi and Rebels. Cloud 9 has a "hidden" room that the Imperials don't know about.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:46:44 PM
^^^ I love this idea!

James is joining the Cloud City crew, I was thinking that since she has waitressing experience maybe she'll be looking for a job at Cloud 9. :D

Barton Henning
Jul 26th, 2007, 05:18:50 PM
More Jedi in Cloud City? I thought I'd escaped that life >_<

Zephyr
Jul 26th, 2007, 05:25:30 PM
I'll kill the Jedi for you Barton.

Mu Satach
Jul 26th, 2007, 05:31:18 PM
More Jedi in Cloud City? I thought I'd escaped that life >_<

Cue the Godfather III scene - "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Harlequin
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:52:51 PM
A chance recognition by Mu in Cloud City is another possibility, but I'm not sure how that would hook me up with the Jedi and eventually the Vortex.

I've actually started wondering if Cloud City couldn't become a major supply port for the Jedi and Rebels. Cloud 9 has a "hidden" room that the Imperials don't know about.

Lets go with this setup, if you all are agreeable.

Alex will go to the "hub" that is Cloud City, bump into Mu and/or Henning. Maybe Alex recognizes Henning, Mu recognizes Alex, both could keep this knowledge to themselves. Henning dont recognize nobody and therefore can remain oblivious to the connections, if he likes.

Enter Tieru and Terran - a sidestep stop in Cloud City on your way to the Vortex for whatever reason brings you two to Cloud 9. Maybe Terran with his Jedi spidey-sense cottons to Alex's discreet inquirings about "any jedi about"

and we go from there.

Maybe this chanced 'hookup' gives Mu the inspiration for the use of her secret back room?

Yays/Nays/wth's?

Ps) James could be in there somewhere too making her debut as waitress alababe?

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:23:27 AM
I give a yay to everything, but I do have a suggestion. Somewhere in there, since it seems so many people are networking through you - and all of them are Force-Sensitive, that there should be some sort of IC networking in a way. Like...IC Harlequin maintaining these relationships beside Tieru and Terran, because of course...she'll most likely be coming along to Vortex.

Meanwhile, James, Barton, and Mu are going to be left behind...but it seems eventually they will come to Vortex. Now, I dont know what they have planned, yet it seeming like Harlequin is bringing a lot of people together on this one.

So, I'm expecting some sort of quick bonds to kindle between, at the least, Harlequin and Barton or Mu. If not Mu, I can see it easily being done with Barton because of the "crush" idea. Mu, on the other hand...well, they were in different circles so they have to kindle something instead of "re-kindle".

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:29:03 AM
Barton is going to take some serious convincing to go to Vortex. Something pretty drastic will need to happen for him to abandon the charade that he was never a Jedi.

Tieru Ocarre
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:22:14 PM
That is what I was thinking too. So, I dont know what to expect from the meeting or "pass by" of Harlequin and Barton. It'll be interesting no matter what, but as I said - yay to everything you had listed.

James Prent
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:24:47 PM
I'm always on hand to do something drastic for Dr. Henning.

Wait, that sounds wrong. :o

Harlequin
Jul 28th, 2007, 03:35:29 PM
Like...IC Harlequin maintaining these relationships beside Tieru and Terran, because of course...she'll most likely be coming along to Vortex.

That sounds plausible to me. Even if Henning has no interest whatever to retaking up the Jedi mantle, Alex will want to keep in touch with him, if only to satisfy her old teenage curiosities of the boy now become the man.

Initial contacts with Mu and James will, also, be nurtured because if Alex learned anything out there in the big wide galaxy, its "who you know" that can make all the difference. Plus, she just might even like them ;)

We havent heard from Terran in this thread, but PMs to him initially have him interested in rping <i>something</i>, So Tieru, I will trust you to handle the story arc of you two coming to Cloud City.

I will begin the thread in Cloud 9 and you guys can jump in as the spirit moves ya's

Thanks for this thread, btw. Some good ideas have come out of it. You're all so darn clevah.

Mu Satach
Jul 28th, 2007, 04:19:46 PM
She is abrassive, rash, bad tempered and prefers the more instant (violent) solution to problems as opposed to the more Jedi-like ways.

Oh, Mu and Alex will get along just fine, just fine. >=}
Mu's memory will be sketchy, but we'll all have fun.

Harlequin
Jul 28th, 2007, 04:33:33 PM
^^^ Wonderful.

<a href="http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=238109#post238109"> Its begun</a>

Terran Starek
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:18:11 PM
I was paying attention. :)

Sorry I didn't jump into the planning, but all sounds good to me. Tieru and I are training on Antarr IV, but we can always come back to that thread and finish it as we are going along. :D

Mu Satach
Dec 30th, 2007, 01:25:22 PM
I think we're just about ready for you two to make your appearance and whisk Harlequin away to Jedi land. :) I think the conversation between Mu and Harlequin should be wrapping up within the next few posts

Also, James has acquired a position as a waitress at Cloud 9.

I was thinking about having either Mu sense you two are coming to Cloud City and/or introduce her to James.

And then from there you all can take off for other parts of the galaxy.