PDA

View Full Version : Lets ask each other stuff!

Sanis Prent
Jul 21st, 2007, 11:29:30 PM
Premise is pretty simple. Every post after this is somebody asking a question of a person in the thread. If you see your name, you must respond to each question, even if it's a "no comment". With your answers, you then post a new question, not necessarily to the person whose question(s) you answered. Questions must be geared to specific individuals. No pollster stuff.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:34:30 AM
When are you getting married, Charley?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:41:33 AM
<strike>November 23rd.</strike> Well apparently this isn't quite set in stone! Some time in november!

LD: What car are you driving these days? I recall a lot of fussing and fretting over an old bucket that was neither quite dead nor quite alive.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:43:26 AM
a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. Or a 2004 dodge dakota. depends. That other car I sold to one of my nephews for $350 bucks when it was only worth like $200. Score!

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:44:02 AM
So LD, does your husbands butt smell better than LL?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:45:47 AM
Er....I wouldn't know?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:52:45 AM
Liam, do you have a farmer's tan?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:13:51 AM
Erm, not really. LL, didn't mean to make you realize you stank.. (which you do) :)

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:16:07 AM
Liam, how much can you actually bench press? :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:24:25 AM
So Charley, are you going to have a Tannerite buck's party?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:33:30 AM
Ths thread would be a lot more fun in the Vomitorium.

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:04:38 PM
Marcus: I've thought about doing it as a part of the wedding reception, but I'm not sure about it yet.

(Itala if you want to play, you've got to pay)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:05:46 PM
Mark - casual dating yes or no?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:18:24 PM
Holly: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and 10 being Boston, Massachussets, how whitebread is your corner of Oregon?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:22:38 PM
I'd have to go with... a 6

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:00:44 PM
Charley, what was the first gun you ever owned?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:32:54 PM
Liam, how much can you actually bench press? :)

Possibly all of 4 pounds... Erm, I mean 400 pounds. Yeah I'm kinda cool like that :smokin

Let's go with.. Snack!

Why would you try and take credit for my 'bah'?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:33:52 PM
Holly: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and 10 being Boston, Massachussets, how whitebread is your corner of Oregon?

What does whitebread mean? :huh

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:37:33 PM
Snack: A Marlin model 1892 repeating rifle in .30-30. It was a hand-me-down given to me by my dad when I was a kid.

Snack, have you graduated yet?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:42:31 PM
Try me, Charley.

Park Kraken
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:56:08 PM
Charley: which of the following three explosive types would you prefer to blow up a life sized barney doll; tannerite, C-4 or C-6?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:58:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_bread

:D

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:00:37 PM
Liam, how many games until TO conflicts with the Wade Phillips?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:07:05 PM
Let's go with 3.5 :)

Podeman, what's with the whole 'purple' thing with the Vikings?

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:20:50 PM
Itala: Do you like the color pink?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:24:08 PM
Itala: Do you like the color pink?

Only if the girl is wearing it. ;)

Zereth, who are you? :D

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:29:14 PM

The proportion of white anglo-saxon protestants in relation to the greater population. When the ratio approaches 1:1, the area in question becomes more "whitebread".

Dasquian, have you been in the Chunnel? What is it like?

Charley: which of the following three explosive types would you prefer to blow up a life sized barney doll; tannerite, C-4 or C-6?

Legality aside? I'd love to muck around with C-4 and see what shaped charges could do.

Kraken, are you still working in security?

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:30:49 PM
I am the overlord of the Fred Meyer's Home Department. When I'm not running around telling people how to do their jobs and live their lives, I can be found either hiding in the stockroom or sleeping behind the paint desk. Due to being indoors for half the hours of the day, my skin is quite pale now and I am forced to wear sunglasses and a trenchcoat in public to protect my pale skin from the sun and to hide my pale skin from the world. Due to this I am even more pale, and now I cannot pass in front of windows without getting a third degree sunburn. Even the moon burns me. Don't bother tailing me home, you'll never be able to keep up. If you really want to find me desperately, then sit in WalMart and wait for the alarms to go off. Wait by the door for when they throw me out for humping their videogame case due to my complete lack of keys to open it. Break the glass in an emergency, right? Well, I used the only thing I had. And that's who I am. My name is unimportant, as people tend to forget it and call me by nicknames instead. My most popular nicknames this year are: Stalker, Mormon, Jessica, and Geo. But you can call me Shorty.

Itala: Do you think girls think less of boys who let themselves be kissed?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:34:44 PM
Zereth: How many siblings do you have now?

Itala: What is the country of your native birth?

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:39:18 PM
I have eleven siblings right now. Will I ever have more? Can't say, but I don't think the world can withstand any more Davenports. At the rate we're going, we're going to take over the world.

Charley: Are there any similarities between you and Sanis?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:40:41 PM

No clue. I'm a Ravens fan.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:41:10 PM
Itala: What is the country of your native birth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bari

(Which makes Mera's org "gum in boot heels " CT even more
ironic)

Do you think girls think less of boys who let themselves be kissed?

Nope, kudos to them.

Charley: When was your last fight?

Zereth: Are you a girl?

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:48:47 PM
Liam: I dunno, I've been using it for a while now. Kinda just figured it was one of my things. That, and it sounds cooler coming from me.

Charley: I have! Graduated in December and have been apart of the real world since March. Jan and Feb are kind of blurs I want to forget about.

Pode: Was there a team for you before the Ravens?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:48:59 PM

No clue. I'm a Ravens fan.

Erm crap, didn't go the way that I planned it.

Ok Podemeister, what came first? The chicken or the egg?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:53:40 PM
Pode: Was there a team for you before the Ravens?

The Ravens came in 1996, when I was 7 years old. I really can't remember a ton of football before that. I remember vividly watching Baltimore Stallion's games on tv (CFL team, won the championship both years of its existence). And at that time, the Orioles didn't collapse in July/August, so we watched them. But as far as NFL goes, I was a big Steve Young fan.

Ok Podemeister, what came first? The chicken or the egg?

I think the answer is a circle that has no beginning.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:11:14 PM
The proportion of white anglo-saxon protestants in relation to the greater population. When the ratio approaches 1:1, the area in question becomes more "whitebread".

Dasquian, have you been in the Chunnel? What is it like?

Ah!

The Chunnel? Do you mean the Channel Tunnel? I have, when I was younger. We were taking a coach to Paris. I slept through most of the tunnel, I think! ^_^;

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:11:41 PM
Nice try, Jules, but I don't give out that kind of information.

Liam: What is with your sheep fixation?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:20:45 PM
You are a girl then, any red-blooded man would have quickly shut me up with "I'm a MAN, damn you!" :D

You are also someone whom I know, since you called me "Jules"...wait a minute, are you Rama Sha's little cousin?!

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:35:17 PM
Nah. I aint related to Rama Sha. I've just seen other people refer to you as Jules. Thought I'd use it.

Itala: How long have you been roleplaying?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:35:18 PM
Liam: What is with your sheep fixation?

First off, it's all about the black sheep. Black sheep was something me and Verse Dawnstrider came up with back a loooong time ago, when GJO was still around. You know, when I actually RPed. We were the black sheep of the Jedi, so I made us avatars and the rest is history! I'm the last of a dying breed, so I choose to keep the memory alive.

Bet you thought I was gonna say something along the lines of 'Them sheep are real purdy once you start a drinkin' :p

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:38:39 PM
Itala: How long have you been roleplaying?

For 8 years, since SWFANS was not run by a roleplayer and was called SW vs TITANIC, back in 1999 a few months before The Phantom Menace.

Zereth: What about you?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:38:54 PM
Zereth: How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

:)

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:43:51 PM
Liam: How come you are a prude who doesn't rp?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:49:09 PM
Itala: Whats wrong with not RPing?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:53:26 PM
Charley: Are there any similarities between you and Sanis?

Sanis is more or less myself with the exception of having less of a moral compass. He doesn't believe in honor or bravado, and while capable of a fight, would be more apt to BS his way out of it. He lives for the moment for better or worse, and is generally a selfish, self-interested, and possibly vain person.

Charley: When was your last fight?

Uh, high school I guess? Maybe 9 years ago.

Pode: Does it ever get you depressed that you are the fan of a soulless and evil organization, and that the Ravens represent everything that is wrong with professional football?

Snack: Where are you working these days? Doing what?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:57:02 PM
Liam: How come you are a prude who doesn't rp?

Just haven't felt 'inspired' to write anything. Plus every time I start RPing again, something happens and I wind up disappearing. It's safer for me this way :)

Itala: Why is it you have a small cult that follows you around?

Zereth Lancer
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:01:00 PM
I've been roleplaying since 2002, so five years.

A Woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a Woodchuck could chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood. Yeah! Believe it!

Charley: What was your last fight in Highschool over/about, and who won?

Selinica Miriya
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:01:15 PM
Liam: I think it's a pity you don't RP anymore. Are you sure it's just a lack of inspiration, or deep down do you just have the cursive capabilities of a second grader with no hands?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Zereth Lancer;236977]

Pode: Does it ever get you depressed that you are the fan of a soulless and evil organization, and that the Ravens represent everything that is wrong with professional football?

Only depressing when we lose.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:09:27 PM
Itala: Whats wrong with not RPing?

Everything.

Itala: Why is it you have a small cult that follows you around?

...because if you actually get to know me rather than exchange witty comments, you'd find I'm a very nice guy, politics aside.

Liam: Why won't you rp as one of Dante's sex slaves?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:22:31 PM
Charley: What was your last fight in Highschool over/about, and who won?

It was during football practice, and we were scrimmaging. I was an OT and on a few plays had to block a DE who must have gotten tired of me owning him and decided to wrangle me by my facemask a few times. I jawed him over it and so did the coaches, but he came back to do it again. I didn't mind that he would get past me, but he was essentially cheating and putting me at risk for a major injury.

The next time it happened, I went to return back to the huddle, undid my helmet, and hit him in the groin with it. He hit the ground, and I just kept hitting him with my helmet, trying to get his helmet off, and then the coaches pounced me and I hit the deck. By that time I was really angry and worn out so I didn't do much else. It wasn't a fight so much as a cheap shot that got aborted. I ended up doing about a hundred stadiums over that stunt.

I ran into the genetic waste that was involved in this a few years ago, and he was building bean burritos at Moes. It made me smile to know that he's still a huge failure at life.

Zereth: Do your parents have a family business? If I had a family that big, I would be in some sort of trade where I could employ everybody. I recall an old James Bond movie with a Turkish secret service guy whose agents were all his sons. Something cool like that.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:23:51 PM
Mark - casual dating yes or no?

I really dont know. Personally, actually GETTING a date would be fantastic in the first place....!

And one back on you - Children - Yes / no?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:42:49 PM
Liam: I think it's a pity you don't RP anymore. Are you sure it's just a lack of inspiration, or deep down do you just have the cursive capabilities of a second grader with no hands?

Har Har. The first part :p

Liam: Why won't you rp as one of Dante's sex slaves?

First off, you never asked. And secondly, Ew.

Selinica Miriya
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:48:34 PM
Itala: Definetly ew. Do you think if you got Liam prohibitively drunk that he might? 'Cause I do.

Sorry Liam. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:50:36 PM
Miriya: Why don't you love me? :(

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:55:15 PM
Miriya: Why don't you just admit you love thr thought?

Selinica Miriya
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:57:07 PM
Because I'm not equipped to love sheep. Anatomically speaking.

Liam: So do you just drink american beer? Because that won't get you TRULY drunk. That's like...pisswater. :)

Selinica Miriya
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:58:29 PM
Miriya: Why don't you just admit you love the thought?

Itala: And which thought would that be? Choose carefully, now.

Karl Valten
Jul 22nd, 2007, 05:16:25 PM
A question for everyone: What type of accent do you have?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 05:27:10 PM

No polling. Ask specifically.

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 05:29:01 PM
Because I'm not equipped to love sheep. Anatomically speaking.

Liam: So do you just drink american beer? Because that won't get you TRULY drunk. That's like...pisswater. :)

Usually I stick to what's on sale, and it's always either Miller Lite, Bud light, or Coors light. Unless I'm reeeally broke, then I'll drink Steel Reserve which happens to be 8.1% alc/vol. Nasty stuff, but eh, it gets the job done.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:02:20 PM

I don't have one. :p

Seriously, though.. I was raised in MA, so if I am around my family from up there I pick up an annoying tendency to drop my r's. I'm something of a parrot though and pick up accents easily, so it really depends on where I am. ;)

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:07:00 PM
LL: Are you planning on living in 'bama for the rest of your life?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:43:37 PM
Itala - why don't you know that Zereth is my nephew? Stop calling him a girl.

Mark - Kids, definetely. Just hasn't happened yet, though we wish it had. I won't answer any more personal questions about my reproductive life, however, just as a heads up. :)

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:49:06 PM
LL: Are you planning on living in 'bama for the rest of your life?

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of living elsewhere at some point. Places like Arizona, Nevada, and Vermont would be cool to live in, and Christin has talked about wanting to eventually move to the Pacific northwest at some point. Really, I'd have to scout it. There are lots of wonderful places to visit that I wouldn't want to live (Los Angeles, Oakland/San Francisco, Boston, etc) so it has to be beyond me simply liking a location.

Alabama has a very low cost of living, and near Birmingham there's usually enough action to be found for somebody who's looking for something. That, and the bank I work for is among the top ten banks by asset value in the nation, and they're domiciled in Birmingham. Yeah, there are banks everywhere, but I would really want to have pushed my career along before I started to market myself to another one, if I did decide to.

Of course, I've lived here my entire life. All of my RL friends are here. I've put down thick roots here so the idea of moving a good bit away is tough to grasp.

Liam: How much is a 12 pack of steel reserve where you are?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 06:58:24 PM
Charley: What do you do with the bank?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:03:42 PM
Itala - why don't you know that Zereth is my nephew? Stop calling him a girl.

You never told me and this is the internet, it's not like i can bend over and look.

Razielle: Why don't you bug Scorpion enough to come back?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:07:37 PM
Charley: What do you do with the bank?

Mainly, I work with mass affluent customers and private clients (ie, rich people types), customers with long term bank relationships with high dollar portfolios. Recently we're changing things around so I am also working a lot more with corporations and small business clients too. It's mostly a customer service / sales thing, with a few other duties involved.

Pode: What are you doing these days?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:11:09 PM
I'm currently at summer school. I'm studying to get a degree in accounting at Christopher Newport University with a minor in history. Other than going to class, I don't really do anything else.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:36:42 PM
Razielle: Why don't you bug Scorpion enough to come back?

:lol I am not his keeper!

In fact I haven't talked to him at all since.. Oh my... it's going on two years now! But! If anyone runs into the big monkey, they had best drag him straight here!!

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:39:43 PM
Liam: How much is a 12 pack of steel reserve where you are?

You'd think I'd know, but nope. If I'm drinking this crap (which I am right now) it's 40oz all the way. Just pour it in a cup with ice and I'm good to go. It's only $1.60 a bottle this way. The store I buy my beer at doesn't even carry cases of Steel Reserve now that I think about it.

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:51:15 PM
Liam: Why would ANYONE want to buy steel reserve in a case?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:02:21 PM
Liam: Why would ANYONE want to buy steel reserve in a case?

Beats me. Like I said, I only drink the 40oz bottles.

Pode: Aren't you too young to even be talking about beer? :p

LL: What's the nastiest beer you've ever had?

Ryan Pode
Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:03:33 PM
Pode: Aren't you too young to even be talking about beer? :p

Only in America.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:17:37 PM
Snack: Where are you working these days? Doing what?

I'm currently working for Corning Inc., through Addeco as a Customer Engineer Tech for our diesel products. Basically, I pull together data presentations for new process and product for customer approval, and deal with customer returns and inspections and the like. Not really what my main field was, but it's experience I really need.

Hollie - how many places have you lived and which has been your fav?

Seerriss
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:00:47 PM
ooo, this looks interesting, ask me something (I'm Videl for those who still haven't been clued in)

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:05:51 PM
Videl: What's your credit card number? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:07:01 PM
Snackers - I've lived in

San Jose, California (Silicon Valley)
Ripon, North Yorkshire, England
Riverside, California (So. Cal)
Corona, California (So. Cal) [yes its really Corona like the beer]
Troutdale, OR
Gresham, OR
Portland, ORI think back on England with the most fondness, though I was very young so what would I know? I had the most fun in Riverside, but that was college.

I think I like Oregon the best, and the cities I've lived in are all one big urban area. There is 100 degree weather in the summer, it can snow on the valley floor in winter, and you've got mountains and the coast within day trip distance. And autumn... autumn is gorgeous as is spring. Its really nice here. :)

Seerriss
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:14:50 PM
Videl: What's your credit card number? :p
technically I don't have one so no soup for you....

um, I can't think of a question to ask anyone so I guess Liam, what is your favorite color?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:17:39 PM
technically I don't have one so no soup for you....

um, I can't think of a question to ask anyone so I guess Liam, what is your favorite color?

Blue!

Videl: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? (it's ok if you say here with me, btw) :)

Oh, and...Ms LD: Butter or Margarine?

Seerriss
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:22:21 PM
Blue!

Videl: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? (it's ok if you say here with me, btw) :)

currently Beaverton, Oregon, my boyfriend lives up there but if all goes well(ie not crappy like it did with Zeke) I'll move up there someday and try not to giggle at the town name...

um...*picks a random person from scanning the other poster names* LD, how's married life going? *hopes she's remembering info correctly, if not sorry*

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:38:22 PM
Butter. Without a doubt.

And married life is great. :D

And I work in and around Beaverton. ;)

Liam, when are you gonna settle down and make some woman estatically happy? :D

Khendon Sevon
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:54:15 PM
Pfffff, no one has asked me anything. This is the perfect time to get super secret information out of me!

Tsk, tsk. C'est la vie.

Seerriss
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:55:34 PM
okay, I'll do it, Khe, how tall are you?

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:57:58 PM
Liam, when are you gonna settle down and make some woman estatically happy? :D

Bah, I'm still young. No reason to settle down yet. But as far as making women estatically happy, well :smokin

LD: When was the last time you saw something and thought to yourself "liam!" when not on the boards? :)

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:10:08 PM
LL: What's the nastiest beer you've ever had?

Steel Reserve.

Khendon, what is your favorite kind of olive?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:10:22 PM
Your quiz. Wasn't on the boards. And it make me think "LIAM :shakefist"

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:38:12 PM
LL: If you could have any other career, what would it be?

And LD, that's kinda cheatin'

Ever Talbot
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:41:13 PM
Liam, are you actually going to be at the DFW airport or not? *would like to know before she leaves on Thursday* :p

Khendon Sevon
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:47:56 PM
okay, I'll do it, Khe, how tall are you?

6 feet even. Not a particularly crazy question.

Khendon, what is your favorite kind of olive?

I have many favorite kinds of olives, all of them Greek. I guess it mainly has to do with prep. I'm fond of both green and brown olives, large and small. Though, I prefer meaty. I like them to be mild, not bitter--I can't stand bitter olives.

None of that pitted nonsense, either. Pits are only natural. There's a satisfaction to spitting the pit out into your fist and hearing the ring as it drops into your plate.

For traditional (horyatika salata; trans.: village salad, a salad with only onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers often served mai tiri [with feta]) salads, I like olives soaked in Ouzo until they shrivel. They take on a whole new dimension and their meat is thin and flavorful. Mmm.

S'ilancy, when are you going to sketch Khendon in his raw, tattooed glory? ;)

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:00:24 PM
Liam, are you actually going to be at the DFW airport or not? *would like to know before she leaves on Thursday* :p

I don't have a clue, like I said, I'll know probably the day before.

And erm.. Khendon: boxers or briefs? (that's the best I had, sue me)

Figrin D'an
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:09:46 PM
This thread makes for interesting reading.

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:20:13 PM
LL: If you could have any other career, what would it be?

I'd run a gun store / firing range / smithing business

Liam: We've heard about beer, now what about whiskey? Whats your choice? How do you take it, and why?

Seerriss
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:24:19 PM
Khe: never said it was, besides I'm always curious about height, my bf is taller than you though at 6'5....

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:41:02 PM
Liam: We've heard about beer, now what about whiskey? Whats your choice? How do you take it, and why?

Well this is a good question. But it really depends -

Bars - I'll take a Jack and Coke. Every place has this mixed drink, and it's not that easy to mess it up. But if the bar has a special on well drinks, then it'll be bourbon.

Parties - Usually I'm partying with my buddy who absolutely needs his Crown, which I won't buy because I think I hate the crap, just because my buddy likes it mind you. Same deal with the Jack, with cola, mixed.

If I'm going broke or trying to save money - I'll go... Kentucky Deluxe. Yeah, crap whiskey, but only $12 for a 1.75 liter bottle. Again, mixed with cola.

Now, I'm leaving out Jim Beam. I stopped drinking that a couple of years back, because in my opinion, it's really too sweet for me. But, it actually mixes well with Dr. Pepper.(which btw, is too sweet)

I stopped shooting whiskey awhile back, but I used to take shots of all of the above. I only shoot Petron, and Jager-bombs, but that's not shooting ;)

If you can't tell, I'm not really for the high-end stuff.

LL: What's your preference on vodka?

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
My vodka preference 95% of the time is Stolichnaya. It's clean, with little to no accent, and affordable. It goes well in mixers and by itself. If I branch out and want to shoot straight vodka exclusively, then I will buy Belvedere Vodka, because it has a faintly rich taste going down.

I'd try Kalashnikov vodka, but its expensive as hell and I can't find it for sale here.

LD: Can you guys find/order Kalashnikov vodka for me?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:35:59 AM
Probably not - we run in the beer and wine circles around here. Because of the Oregon Liquor Consumption Committee Nazis hard alchohol is distributed in different circles with so many rules they can't even sell it in grocery stores.

Ilias Nytrau
Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:19:57 AM
According to http://www.kalashnikovglobal.com/ , there are only two distributors this side of the Atlantic.

One is in Boucherville, Quebec.

The other is in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

Go figure.

Zereth Lancer
Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:49:35 AM
Zereth: Do your parents have a family business? If I had a family that big, I would be in some sort of trade where I could employ everybody. I recall an old James Bond movie with a Turkish secret service guy whose agents were all his sons. Something cool like that.

No. My dad works with a semi-conductor company (I think that's what you call it). Well, actually, he works for one company that makes him work for another company. He works with Intel and Novellus. He tinkers with all sorts of million dollar Japanese machines. None of us have followed in his footsteps. My siblings that work have other jobs, such as a Assistant Manager at Carl's JR, Unemployed but former Mt. Hood Beverage distributor (The same job as Holly and her hubby), and I work in the home department of Fred Meyers. So... No family business.

Holly: Why are you never on AIM when I am?

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:07:23 AM
Liam : What do you do for a living?

Crystal
Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:12:31 AM
Charley: What is the most important item you own? And what's the story behind it, if there is one?

Jenny: When are you going to come to the states and hang out with me?

Holly: Do think of yourself as open minded or not?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jul 23rd, 2007, 06:47:44 AM
This thread makes for interesting reading.

yes it does :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:29:56 AM
Zereth - I don't know.

Jedieb
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:30:10 AM
LD
How many cats are too many cats to own before people stop visiting your home?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:53:15 AM
And erm.. Khendon: boxers or briefs? (that's the best I had, sue me)

Boxerbriefs (Polo Ralph Lauren, light blue or black).

Khe: never said it was, besides I'm always curious about height, my bf is taller than you though at 6'5....

6'5" is talll. I like my 6' even-ness, it's tall enough that you're up there; but, not so bad that you hit your head on things. Plus, there's the whole light weight (135lbs) factor, I'd look way too skinny if I were taller.

how tall are you?

Charley, what's the best grouping you've ever shot?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:57:46 AM

We are hoping to arrange a gathering in the US for 'Fans 10 year anniversary, which I believe will be in 2009. So maybe then ;)

Razielle Alastor
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:27:09 AM
:D:D:D!

Awesome!

Itala Marzullo
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:12:46 AM

We are hoping to arrange a gathering in the US for 'Fans 10 year anniversary, which I believe will be in 2009. So maybe then ;)

And how come I never heard of this? :angel

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:24:03 AM
It's still in verrry preliminary planning stages. We don't have a location or date chosen, but given that we have 2 years to plan... I wouldn't worry. You'll hear about the finalized details sooner or later ;)

Karl Valten
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:56:56 AM
Khendon, you going to get those novels of yours published?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:01:14 PM
Hah, Karl, that'd be nice. I plan on attempting to get the one I'm currently writing published once it's complete.

I learned a lot from writing the first one--mostly things not to do.

I have an editor (okay, he usually edits technical manuals; but, the man loves fantasy) who's reading it piecemeal--one of the lessons I learned.

Liam Jinn
Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:36:30 PM

Telecommunications. Nothing to do with the software, just the blue collar work. Running the cable, installing switches and frames, terminating and whatnot. I've been doing it for a year now, and for the better part of it, we were just installing a new phone system for a hospital downtown. I'm planning on getting taking some classes and getting certified but the first class is a bit expensive, and the other classes I need more work experience to even take em.

Marcus: Back at you, I know it has something to do with computers if I'm not mistaken.

Cat X
Jul 23rd, 2007, 03:50:37 PM

Marcus: Back at you, I know it has something to do with computers if I'm not mistaken.

Consultant. Doing really well at the moment telling other geeks what to do, altho as I'm getting business to grow my basic day to day is changing from hands on to more project management / sales and sitting face to face with CEO's and such.

I still try to keep my hands dirty so to speak, but at the office (Yes, I have an office!) I dont have the time to play much and I have someone else who is doing the testing - altho what he does has to be approved by me so for example next week I'll delberatly pull close to an all night hacking session testing and configuration breaking before allowing implimentation.

Unusually I've managed to keep myself a jack-of-all-trades and not truly specialise in one area, so this has become highly useful in design and planning, plus discussing issues with vendors in their language, which seems to catch them out. They arent used to someone who has good detailed knowledge hassling them :)

My aim is to keep increasing my knowledge and experience to achieve "greybeard" status - that old eccentric curmudgeon that actually absoluty DOES know everything and who's word you dare not defy because he is Just Plain Right, one that CEO's fear to cross and those kids with degrees know that they are going to get firmly put in their place by him.

I have to remaster a few things that for the last few years I've put to one side, but in many ways I'm there ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 23rd, 2007, 05:02:46 PM
Holly: Do think of yourself as open minded or not?
I try to be as open minded as I can. I cannot stand stupidity, however, and I'm not a big fan of special interest groups with more money than sense.

LD
How many cats are too many cats to own before people stop visiting your home?
The rule of thumb is one cat per 'main' room of your house (not bedrooms or dens or offices). Just kidding.

I think as long as you keep the hair and odor down, and heaven forbid you let them all get fleas or keep a dirty litter box, then three is just about the perfect number, unless you live in a studio apartment. :mneh If they're really personable and friendly, then when people come over the cats will make your home more fun.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 23rd, 2007, 06:12:27 PM
Three cats is manageable.... well okay two cats and a panther . Four.. big handful.

Allright Holly, tell us about your's and Ty's work

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 23rd, 2007, 06:20:22 PM
That's not a question!

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:17:58 PM
:p

Holly : Can you tell us about what you and Ty do for a living?

Jedieb
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:29:55 PM
Jaime Tomahawk
What was the first car you ever owned?

Liam Jinn
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:39:32 PM
Jedieb: When'd you first get into collecting, and was it just Star Wars?

Seerriss
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:45:50 PM
Khe: I'm very close to 5'9 so my bf has about a head height on me.....

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:47:49 PM
Jaime Tomahawk
What was the first car you ever owned?

1978 Toyota Corolla.

http://www.adclassix.com/ads2/78toyotacorolla.htm

And yes, the fuel consumption they quoted was 100 % accurate. Not really amazing a car 30 years ago gets better fuel distance than the so called 'green' hybrids - cars today have too much outright crap.

The Corolla however was just pure crap, apart from it's reliability. Terribly bad thing to steer, underpowered, a danger to itself with the inability to withstand a decent crash impact. It basically got caned as much as a slow POS could be caned, did burnouts on McDonalds hamburgers, lots of really stupid driving.... it however redeemed itself in it's last truly glorious moment on this earth - it claimed a police car in the accident that killed it!

And not my fault too!

Basically, I was coming from from martial arts (1st Kyu brownbelt in karate at the time, that's one rank below full black belt) with m brother, we had been doing handbrake turns and was coming home... and for the first time ever I was actually driving below the speed limit an behaving myself, when a correctional services car complete with Police dog came out of a give way sign and I had nowhere to go.... except over the police car's bonnet. So, bringing the mangled mess to a halt, I didnt realize that it was a cop car and I got out of the weck utterly fuming, hyped up and ready to kill this moron for his stupidity... and I was in full karate uniform.

The officer had gotten out of the car surveying the damage when his partner saw me coming. Now I was a 50 kg skinny lad and he was 120 kg big beefy bugger.... he went for his gun because he honestly thought I was going to kill him. He later said he just about crapped himself when he saw this fuming karate master coming....

When I had been calmed, the officers admitted fault and in the end I got more for the wreck than what it was worth. Turned out allright.

Now, how about yourself? First car and how did it die?

Sanis Prent
Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:06:21 PM
Charley: What is the most important item you own? And what's the story behind it, if there is one?

My truck, I guess. It gets me everywhere I need to be, and is also an expression of myself.

I don't know how to answer this question, really :)

Charley, what's the best grouping you've ever shot?

Best with a handgun would probably be the time I visited a friend in Palo Alto (SF Bay area, CA) and we went to an indoor range. I didn't bring any of my own guns, but I rented a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm and my friend brought a Sig P226. I was hitting in the 8 ring mostly at 30 feet with the Hi Power, and he was hitting 7 ring with his P226. I paused, asked him to trade up, and tried out his P226 on a whim, having never fired one before. Dumped half the magazine into or adjacent to the ten ring (ie, a bullseye) and the rest in the inner 9 ring. To put it lightly, he had his feelings hurt.

I think he's now a member of the San Francisco PD if I recall.

Best with a shoulder-fired gun would be the time that I borrowed Akrabbim's Beretta CX4 and chumped some dudes with SKS's at 100 meters. I was standing, and using the iron sights. They were benched, bipodded, and using a scope. We were shooting steel plate downrange, so there wasn't really a "grouping" to speak of. You just kept hearing "ping, ping, ping" when I was making my shots, and they blew theirs.

Of course there is also the time that I ran que drills with a local police department at one of our city ranges. Did well enough, and then we used hostage targets to practice Mozambique drills. The object is simple, you draw as fast as you can, drop two shots COM, follow one shot to the cranium, reholster, take a break, then repeat. You average out your times and deduct points for missing and hitting the hostage.

http://panicked.org/sa/mozambique.jpg

I won :) I also kept the paper. The groups aren't really tight, but you also have to realize that we were drawing and shooting EXTREMELY FAST.

Mark: What is the craziest near-death/barbecue/mild chafing experience your dad has ever had whilst on the job?

Crystal: What are you doing these days?

Park Kraken
Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:48:38 PM
Kraken, are you still working in security?

Yep. Working at a dangerous area right now, but haven't had to call the police in lately.

What type of accent do you have?

I don't have an accent persay, but I have an annoying habit of mimicking someone's accent when I'm talking to them. That and I do a good Sean Connery impression.

Holly: If you had a choice of visiting either of these two cities, which one would you choose? Moscow, or Tokyo.

Charley: Which of the following two things would you prefer as your next tannerite victim? A life-sized Tele-tubby stuffed doll or a life-sized Barney stuffed doll.

Sanis Prent
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:29:00 PM
Charley: Which of the following two things would you prefer as your next tannerite victim? A life-sized Tele-tubby stuffed doll or a life-sized Barney stuffed doll.

I don't think I have a preference. Both sound like they'd make for good targets :) Probably Barney because I think he's more mainstream and are the Teletubbies even around anymore?

Holly: Did you ever finish your bar/lounge/entertainment room?

Crystal
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:47:11 AM
Crystal: What are you doing these days?

Nothing too intresting, really.

I live in Florida now, near Tampa. I moved here in January with my boyfriend and I'm trying to get settled in. First time I've moved in my entire life and it's kind of scary. I get out of the house and meet/hang out with people now, instead of staying inside using my computer and hiding from the world. I'm really trying to get my life together and figure out what I'm doing with it.

Park Kraken
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:10:25 AM
I live in Florida now, near Tampa. I moved here in January with my boyfriend and I'm trying to get settled in. First time I've moved in my entire life and it's kind of scary. I get out of the house and meet/hang out with people now, instead of staying inside using my computer and hiding from the world. I'm really trying to get my life together and figure out what I'm doing with it.

Whoa whoa whoa what? You actually live near me now? Awesome.

Crystal: Whereabouts exactly do you live? Temple Terrace, Plant City, St. Petersburg, Brandon, Bradeton, Valrico, etc.?

Zereth Lancer
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:18:59 AM
Charley: Are you as badass as you sound?

Crystal
Jul 24th, 2007, 04:19:43 AM

Crystal: Whereabouts exactly do you live? Temple Terrace, Plant City, St. Petersburg, Brandon, Bradeton, Valrico, etc.?

New Port Richey. I actually haven't heard of any of those places except for St. Petersburg.. so I'm not really sure which I'm closest to.

Where do you live?

Silancy: Do you and/or Charley ever vist Florida?

Chris of the Morgan variety: Why aren't you posting in this thread so I can ask you questions?

Cat X
Jul 24th, 2007, 04:54:30 AM
Mark: What is the craziest near-death/barbecue/mild chafing experience your dad has ever had whilst on the job?

Investigating the Appin mine disaster.

http://www.minesafe.org/events/10881267581356_20040625.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=yU5ezbYpJcEC&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=appin+mine+disaster&source=web&ots=Q93IPvf2k9&sig=AWMlDVNCUVkeuafG8WFP9eFPqAk#PPA92,M1

Basically, he went into the mine afterwards when things are still shall we say... unstable.

The Appin mine disaster had one very important effect - serious research into mine explosions. To this regard an explosion gallery was built and set up with a 3 ton fan for ventelation. Now, no one at this time actually knew much about the real force of a mine explosion (even with the wreckage of 50 tom mining trucks flung like toys, they simply thought it was due to sheer volume of gasses involved) so when the gallery was test fired at a super saturated 25% methane / air mix... the resulting explosion shredded the fan like confetti and blasted parts hundreds of meters. The explosion gallery is only 50 meters long and yet with this minimal amount of methane, produced a detonation far larger than anyone actually expected, especially with the tunnel funneling the overpressure wave.

Much of what we now know is the incredible force that a mine can explode with comes from this research. We now know just how little has to be ignited to even fling mining trucks hudreds of meters and how bad mine design can magnify the explosion tenfold. The problem with previous mine explsoions, no one really did more than close the mine so we really didnt know just how incredible they really are

Morgan Evanar
Jul 24th, 2007, 06:15:57 AM
Chris of the Morgan variety: Why aren't you posting in this thread so I can ask you questions?Because I didn't have any questions I wanted to ask anyone else. :)

Crystal: Do you like Spaten?

Jedieb
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:11:36 AM
Jedieb: When'd you first get into collecting, and was it just Star Wars?
Strictly Star Wars now. I guess my collection first started back in college waaaaay back in 91. All of the vintage Star Wars toys I had as a kid got played with, destroyed, and then thrown away by my parents. During college my wife gave me a Revenge of the Jedi poster for my birthday and to this day it's the crown jewel of my collection. Nothing else has as much sentimental value. When Kenner/Hasbro started restarted the line with POTF2 in 95 I really got into collecting.

After college I collected Batman comics for a few years. I started right at the end of the Knightfall series and stopped right around the time Bruce got the mantle of the bat back. I've got a few Superman graphic novels and the occasional Spiderman comic as well.

Jedieb: Now, how about yourself? First car and how did it die?

My parents got me a pickup truck the summer before my sophomore year in college. It was a black 1988 Nissan pickup. It was a cheap, small, but dependable little truck. How dependable? IT STILL LIVES! I got myself a bigger pickup a couple of years later and handed off the truck to my Dad. He's still driving it. So 18 years later that little black POS is still going strong.

Jedieb
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:20:38 AM
Charley
Least reliable gun you've ever used?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:30:43 AM
:p

Holly : Can you tell us about what you and Ty do for a living?

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

Videl - why do you mention your boyfriend in every single post you make?

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:00:03 AM
Charley: Are you as badass as you sound?

Probably not, I just have fun hobbies.

Charley
Least reliable gun you've ever used?

Makarov Makarov Makarov

Satan's own gun. What a piece of garbage.

Jedieb
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:14:45 AM
Kraken,
What's your best sport? How often do you get to play it?

Razielle Alastor
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:19:13 AM
FL peoples, why did I never know these things when I lived there? :p

Kraken you are the worst offender since I was one city over!:twak

LOL I'll have to visit the relatives and descend upon the lot of you!

Ryan Pode
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:34:38 AM
Jedieb: What part of Virginia do you live in?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:55:57 AM
Whyyyy isn't anyone else in Jersey.

*Shakes fist*

Nagal Aursoni
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:51:27 PM
Khendon: Is Jersey as bad as I've been told?

Edit: This is Travis by the way.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:07:35 PM
Jersey
Imagine, if you will, a state where you can get the best pizza in the world everywhere, where a bagel is a form of personal expression, and breakfast is served 24/7. It's a state filled to the brim with people, mostly noisy ones from Mediterranean cultures (Italians, Greeks... Italians... More Italians).

It's a place where a one family home on half an acre costs $700,000, a condo costs $300,000, and insurance bills and taxes make your wallet ache.

Where you don't go to the beach. No, you'd never do that. You "go down the shore."

It's a state where you can find yourself on the same one mile stretch of highway attempting to get to your exit in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Where there are no defensive drivers, only lots of targets.

Imagine a world paved.

That, my friend, is Jersey.

I don't think I'll ever leave it.

Edit:

Haha, my post count is the same as the paycheck I just got today for the last couple weeks of research.

Jedieb
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:00:15 PM
Jersey
Imagine, if you will, a state where you can get the best pizza in the world everywhere, where a bagel is a form of personal expression, and breakfast is served 24/7. It's a state filled to the brim with people, mostly noisy ones from Mediterranean cultures (Italians, Greeks... Italians... More Italians).

It's a place where a one family home on half an acre costs $700,000, a condo costs $300,000, and insurance bills and taxes make your wallet ache.

Where you don't go to the beach. No, you'd never do that. You "go down the shore."

It's a state where you can find yourself on the same one mile stretch of highway attempting to get to your exit in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Where there are no defensive drivers, only lots of targets.

Imagine a world paved.

That, my friend, is Jersey.

I don't think I'll ever leave it.

Edit:

Haha, my post count is the same as the paycheck I just got today for the last couple weeks of research.

Being born in Jersey and having lived there from the ages of 0-5 and 12-17 I can tell you everything Khendon says is true. I miss the place dearly sometimes.

Ryan Pode Jedieb: What part of Virginia do you live in?
I'm up around Roanoke. In the mountains of SW Virginia. I can walk out my door and in 10 minutes be on the Appalachian Trail. It's a far cry from Tampa and Jersey and I enjoy the slower pace. Don't think I can ever live in a big city again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:02:50 PM
S'ilancy, when are you going to sketch Khendon in his raw, tattooed glory?

I dunno ^_^;

No, but we should ;)

Jedieb
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:05:39 PM
Ryan, the most DEVASTATING sports loss I suffered as a child was watching the Cowboys lose to the Niners in the NFC title game. What people forget is that after The Catch the Cowboys had the ball and were driving for the winning score. Danny White was sacked, he fumbled, Niners recovered and the rest is history. As an adult the most devastating loss I suffered was watching Rivera blow the save in Game 7 against the D-Backs.

What were the two most painful losses you ever suffered as a sports fan?

Seerriss
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:13:34 PM
Videl - why do you mention your boyfriend in every single post you make?
um, I'm still in the early stages of the relationship where you think of them a lot? and or he's awesome! I mean uh.....

Ryan Pode
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:00:30 PM
What were the two most painful losses you ever suffered as a sports fan?

My most two painful losses as a fan. Well, the first, was game one of the 1996 ALCS(?) between the Baltimore Orioles and the Yankees when that little punk, and I'll NEVER forget his name, Jeffery Maier, interferred on the ball and the Yanks wound up winning. Orioles haven't been quite right since. The second most painful loss, would probably be to the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2001 playoffs in the Divisional round. It was painful, not just because it was the Steelers or a playoff loss. But because we knew if we had Jamal Lewis or Priest Holmes, we would have won. And we knew at the end of the game, all our high-priced free agents would be cut for cap-reasons and all our long-time vets would retire.

Now, Jedieb, what is your single most devestating loss as a player?

Park Kraken
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:56:13 PM

New Port Richey. I actually haven't heard of any of those places except for St. Petersburg.. so I'm not really sure which I'm closest to.

Where do you live?

Chris of the Morgan variety: Why aren't you posting in this thread so I can ask you questions?

I live in Lakeland. It's about 25 miles east of Tampa on I-4.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2007, 10:53:22 PM
Eb, what is the footspace & layout of your house, and what did you pay? I'm glad to find a rural-minded person and am shopping for a home.

Crystal
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:05:58 PM
Crystal: Do you like Spaten?

I don't know. I think I've tried it, but I'm not sure. I'm not a big fan of most beer. I usually have strong mixed drinks.

Chris: What is your AIM icon from? I've been trying to figure it out for a while. http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9079/iwhosaysnitb3.jpg

No, but we should ;)

Yes please! I need to meet more SWFans people in my lifetime.

Karl Valten
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:32:11 PM
S'il, are you going to hunt me down for not going down to Alabama?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:33:38 PM
Eb, what is the footspace & layout of your house, and what did you pay? I'm glad to find a rural-minded person and am shopping for a home.

...if he asks for your address, SSN and credit card numbers, run away! :eek

Morgan Evanar
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:56:14 AM
Crystal - Synj.net

Jedieb
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:24:49 AM

High school tennis team. In my second year I was the 3rd singles player. I lost twice to a kid named Newton. The second loss was the most painful because I was preparing for it for days. I was obsessed. I lost in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4. To this day I wish I could have that match back. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll be ticked off all day! Some other teachers and I have been playing tennis after school this summer. As soon as the weather clears I'm going to give them an extra special beat down just to get that Newton loss out of my head.

Right back at you, what was your worst loss as a player?

Jedieb
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:43:14 AM

Location, location, location. It's the most important aspect of real estate. The home I have here in SW Virginia would be worth $600K in Miami and I shudder to think what it would be worth in Jersey. That being said, we bought in 03 for $165K. It's a two story colonial built in 86. We just refinanced our mortgage so we could get some work done on the house (carpet, siding, windows, new kitchen cabinets) and had the house appraised at $284K. It's over 3,000 square feet and has around an acre of land. (It took me two friggin' hours to mow the yard this weekend.) In our heighborhood I'd say we're around the median, maybe even a bit below. I'm hoping that once we get this place fixed up we'll be satisfied until we kick, I mean send the kids to college.

Ryan Pode
Jul 25th, 2007, 08:37:38 AM

Who knew high school tennis could be so devestating? Ha. Actually, my most devestating loss is high school sports as well. It was the state quarterfinals my senior year in lacrosse. And, actually, we were playing Patrick Henry in Roanoke. And we were up by three with about three and a half minutes to go. And then we collapsed. I still can't tell anyone exactly what happened, because I don't remember and I'm glad I don't. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. A whole season of buildup, of greatness, to come crashing down in under four minutes.

Jedieb
Jul 25th, 2007, 08:40:52 AM

Who knew high school tennis could be so devestating? Ha. Actually, my most devestating loss is high school sports as well. It was the state quarterfinals my senior year in lacrosse. And, actually, we were playing Patrick Henry in Roanoke. And we were up by three with about three and a half minutes to go. And then we collapsed. I still can't tell anyone exactly what happened, because I don't remember and I'm glad I don't. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. A whole season of buildup, of greatness, to come crashing down in under four minutes.

Plenty of baseball, softball, and flag football losses, but that damn match still burns me. Patrick Henry is the high school my Middle School feeds to. You'll be glad to know most of the members of the team that beat you are probably digging ditches.

Mu Satach
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:39:39 PM
Charley - what kind of pistol would you recommend for someone who has small hands?

Sanis Prent
Jul 25th, 2007, 11:45:28 PM
Mu: It depends on what you are using the pistol for, really. If you are wanting something to plink at the range, versus something for practical concealed carry. I have relatively small hands, so most of the pistols I carry are relatively slim. I'll give you a breakdown for practical defense purposes:

These are all good things for the small-handed group:

1. Revolvers - no explanation needed. Wheelguns have small grips more often than not.

2. Single stack magazines - Single stack refers to how the bullets stack up in the magazine. Single stacks have bullets directly on top of each other. Double stacks arrange them side by side in an alternating pattern. The advantage to single stack is that it is very slim. The disadvantage is that it carries less ammunition. 1911's are probably the best known single stack firearms.

3. Compacts - lots of firearms cater to being small, especially in concealed carry circles. Compacts usually sacrifice a little grip area in exchange for a much reduced profile when a holstered gun is concealed. You'll see some that have a grip extender in the magazine that sort-of makes a compromise at both.

My opinion is that if you're worried about grip size, get a snub-nosed revolver in .357 magnum. Magnum revolvers are flexible use and can fire "shorter" cartridges. Your .357 mag will be able to fire the more controllable .38spcl if you want to. Plus, pocket magnums come in all sorts of lightweight alloys, and a good many of them also feature no hammer, which makes concealed use easier.

If you want a semi-automatic, start with a 1911 in a Commander frame. Try that out at the range and see if it works. .45 ACP isn't as nasty as people say, and you should be able to control a Commander easily. Now, if you are wanting to conceal it, it gets tricky, because I hate compact 1911's. They are generally uncomfortable. That said, Springfield Armory makes a 1911 EMP, which is a small frame 1911 that is cut down to 9mm. I haven't fired one, but I've heard great things and the concept is nice. They are pricey though, a bit over $1,000.

You can try some compact polymer double stack guns, but they're not amazingly slender. I'd recommend either the Glock 26 or Springfield XD9SC. What these guns don't provide in lack of girth, they make up for in overall dimensions and weight savings. You can add Kahr 9mm and Kel Tec's new 9mm (the designation I forget) to this list, as these are crazy small.

Of course, if you demand smallness and concealability AT ALL COSTS, then I have a crazier option for you:

http://panicked.org/sa/p32.jpg

Ryan Pode
Jul 26th, 2007, 07:36:54 AM
Charley: what is the drawing of underneath the gun, cellphone, and money?

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2007, 07:41:21 AM
Pode: Its a University of Alabama mousepad that my sister doodled all over.

Mu: What is your zaniest mormon experience?

Jedieb
Jul 26th, 2007, 09:44:36 AM
Charley
Don't you need a permit to carry that small handgun?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 26th, 2007, 06:58:01 PM
Who else is actively working on a novel?

Ryan Pode
Jul 26th, 2007, 07:05:49 PM
Khendon: See:

Mitch
Jul 26th, 2007, 07:56:17 PM

Me, and Kale, too.

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2007, 09:04:16 PM
Charley
Don't you need a permit to carry that small handgun?

Generally, yes. It depends on where you live. There are 46 states in the union that require a permit to carry a concealed weapon. There are two states that disallow any carry at all (Illinois, Wisconsin), and two other states that allow it with no permit required (Alaska, Vermont). Each state has its own criteria and needs to fulfill in order to be issued a permit. Mu lives in Utah, which has one of the best CCW programs in the nation, aside from perhaps Florida.

www.packing.org is a good resource if you are looking for the exact criteria for your state and municipality.

Morgan - when are you coming up to AL?

Mu Satach
Jul 27th, 2007, 12:34:47 AM
Mu: What is your zaniest mormon experience?

Charley - hrm... Zaney momo moments... this month it's a toss up between one of my roommates who went off the deep end and yelled at our other roommate "You're not my mother! You're not my Bishop!" when other said roommate brought up the fact that girl's boyfriend (who attends BYU) has been spending far far *far* too many nights here lately. We never know when he's going to be here, how long he's staying and dude obviously doesn't want to get to know us. *sigh*

or seeing a parallel universe on HBO's Big Love of the valley. There was an episode not long ago where one of the daughters went to another church (some non-denominational protestant church) to try and find support and a way to get out of the polly-amorous lifestyle her parents were living in and the group were "shocked" that she was from a fundamentalist sect. Riiiiiight... the only people in this valley who don't know about the pollies are either living with their heads up their rear OR are recent imports to the area.

But those are just the two that stand out from this past month.

From the past past I once was detained by two missionary gals that couldn't have been more than 19 and I swear, it was so scary, they dressed as if they were 80 and talked the same. It was like an episode of the twilight zone.

Mu lives in Utah, which has one of the best CCW programs in the nation, aside from perhaps Florida.

From what I hear it's almost as easy as getting a fishing license. ;)
Thanks for the gun info - I've been thinking of just getting a .22 to practice with at the range at first, but then later something else.

Mitch - what genre is your novel?

Mitch
Jul 27th, 2007, 12:44:26 AM
Mitch - what genre is your novel?

Adventure-fantasy, with technology grounded in the real world circa 1315 or so.

And then there's my serial short story collections, which are more barbarian action fantasty, and are a hoot.

Christin - Is the Jingle Ferret still on the wall?

Charley - If so, how do you feel about having a furry with no pants and only a scandalously-placed candy cane on your wall?

Sanis Prent
Jul 27th, 2007, 01:17:59 AM
Yeah, it's still there. It's even hanging by my computer, and not hers. To this day, I don't know why. Nothing against you or your work, but it's not exactly my favorite conversation piece to explain when company arrives.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:22:30 AM
Chuckles - Maybe next year, if I can squeeze it between Seattle and Finland.

Crystal
Jul 27th, 2007, 01:06:01 PM
Chuckles - Maybe next year, if I can squeeze it between Seattle and Finland.

Chris - You're going to Finland? When next year? Also, can I come too?

Morgan Evanar
Jul 27th, 2007, 02:33:07 PM
August. For the Rally.

Park Kraken
Jul 27th, 2007, 04:14:11 PM

I'm beginning to start work on a book, if that counts.

Khendon: What book are you working on?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 27th, 2007, 08:49:34 PM
Khendon: See:

I believe you are mistaken, mr. thread police officer man. I am Khendon Sevon. That's Khendon Sevon. You, sir, should know that I, Khendon Sevon, am exempt from any and all rules.

Khendon Sevon.

I'm beginning to start work on a book, if that counts.

Khendon: What book are you working on?

It's basically a fantasy folk horror story. Though, the writing itself is more modern. I'm not sure what rating I should go with, though. I was originally going to aim for a PG-13, then I decided snuff would be fine, now I'm wondering if I might just keep it PG-13. Problem is that I had some very sick and twisted ideas that I really, really liked... including Oedipus themes and cannibalism.

Maybe I can keep them and just... not... splatter.

Not sure. I'll know when I write it.

Liam Jinn
Jul 27th, 2007, 09:07:07 PM
Tsk Tsk, simple rules, yet not so simple for SOME people to follow. What a sad day, what a sad day indeed. :p

Ryan Pode
Jul 27th, 2007, 09:33:51 PM
Khendon: what sets you above the rest of us?

Morgan Evanar
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:34:12 PM
I believe you are mistaken, mr. thread police officer man. I am Khendon Sevon. That's Khendon Sevon. You, sir, should know that I, Khendon Sevon, am exempt from any and all rules.

Khendon Sevon. I do believe you have the right to shut up.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2007, 08:32:59 PM
Khendon: what sets you above the rest of us?

The platform shoes.

Khendon Sevon. I do believe you have the right to shut up.

You, sir, neglected to put that in the form of a question :)

(I apologize to all that might not have caught that as a Denny Crane reference)

Liam Jinn
Jul 28th, 2007, 08:41:40 PM
Khendon: Why don't you just shush? :p

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:58:21 PM
Khendon: Why don't you just shush? :p

I'm loud and Greek.

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 02:11:36 PM
Charley and/or Sil: Marriage, for serious!? I'm simultaneous surprised and unsurprised (it's a wierd feeling). When/where/congrats!?

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2007, 04:25:45 PM
For serious. November (around thanksgiving, 11/23 unless something changes) in Smith Valley, Nevada. Thanks :)

Zeke: Why are you and your brother so close to us and haven't visited the AL set?

Park Kraken
Jul 29th, 2007, 05:30:16 PM
To: Mr Everybody

What is Everybody doing today?

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 06:52:56 PM
For serious. November (around thanksgiving, 11/23 unless something changes) in Smith Valley, Nevada. Thanks :)

Zeke: Why are you and your brother so close to us and haven't visited the AL set?I wish I had some kind of freakin' clue. I think because we got all up to our necks in college, jobs, and various other things and simply never found the time. I think we're...what, a few hours from you if we drive? I don't think it'd be less than 4 or 5 to get there. I also have no clue what we'd do apart from talk about the site/Star Wars/whatever else. I can't think of any other interests we'd have in common, apart from the fact that Sil and I are both artists (to varying degrees). Speaking of, I need make moar art.

Ever Talbot
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:19:06 PM
We'd find something to talk about :) You need to come here while I'm here! And bring Justin with you!

Zeke
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:00:36 PM
I'll try. :)