PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters 3

Liam Jinn
Jul 12th, 2007, 12:12:33 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/02/03/ghostbusters-3-confirmed/

That article is a bit old, but anyone heard about this?

Hartus Kenobi
Jul 12th, 2007, 12:30:22 PM
Heard about this a long long time ago, but I don't believe I remember hearing about Ben Stiller or the specific plotlines. I'm looking forward to it.

Yog
Jul 12th, 2007, 12:35:40 PM
Wait, so this is not live action, but cartoon? :(

Liam Jinn
Jul 12th, 2007, 12:42:13 PM
CGI animated to be precise. Mr. Murray didn't want to do another live action movie. Either way, it's still ghostbusters, so I'll see it.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 12th, 2007, 12:53:12 PM
Noo, they will be lame like the TMNT movie, they should just have a new generation of ghostbusters with Dan Aykroid being the old mentor or something.

Liam Jinn
Jul 12th, 2007, 01:03:46 PM
They did that with the cartoon, and it was horrible.

Terran Starek
Jul 12th, 2007, 01:52:57 PM
I'm a huge Ghostbuster's fan, but this does worry me. The dry humor and wit of the characters is what made that movie so friggin' funny, and they're looking like their trying to ruin it here. :(

Ryan Pode
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:06:25 PM
They did that with the cartoon, and it was horrible.

That's because the cartoon tried to be multi-ethnical. It had the black guy, the goth girl, the mexican, and the crippled white guy. And surprise surpirse, every episode the guy in the wheel chair got screwed by a ghost, because he was in the wheel chair.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 12th, 2007, 05:26:36 PM
Wow, that sounds horrible, thank God I never watched it.

Well, who I think would make good Next gen Ghostbusters:

Jim Carrey
Ben Stiller
David Duchovny
Patrick Warburton

With any of the old ghostbusters as mentors.

JMK
Jul 13th, 2007, 06:26:12 AM
I'm going to see this for sure. If you read the synopsis of Ghostbusters 2 before seeing it, you would have rolled your eyes too!

A pink slime that feeds off the mean people in New York? A demon that lives in a painting? Getting the statue of liberty to walk around town? I think we all would have crapped out a lung after hearing that, and although #1 was clearly better than 2, we all saw 2 anyway and I'm sure we will all see 3 as well.

Ryan Pode
Jul 13th, 2007, 09:19:03 AM
But most of us thought two was downright bad.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 13th, 2007, 10:41:09 AM
I liked two, but comparing it to the first it really hadn't much going for it, but the walking Statue of Liberty still looks incredible.

Liam Jinn
Jul 13th, 2007, 11:04:57 AM
Hey, I loved both movies. I've never heard anyone call Ghostbusters 2 bad, so I don't know who this "most of us" is.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2007, 12:02:47 PM
The original actors is the only thing that made Ghostbusters 2 any good. The plot wasn't that great.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 13th, 2007, 02:14:58 PM
Hey, I loved both movies. I've never heard anyone call Ghostbusters 2 bad, so I don't know who this "most of us" is.

Ditto, but that's how people like to sound tough online.

Droo
Jul 13th, 2007, 02:27:59 PM
I don't think a ham-handed statement of opinion has anything to do with someone trying to "sound tough", it's a conversation about Ghostbusters for Christ's sake.

Regardless, I love both films, especially the addition of Peter MacNicol in the sequel. That said, I have no interest in this film; this band wagon for making films of 80s nostalgia is getting bigger and dumber with each passing day.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 13th, 2007, 02:39:53 PM
I don't think a ham-handed statement of opinion has anything to do with someone trying to "sound tough", it's a conversation about Ghostbusters for Christ's sake.

Regardless, I love both films, especially the addition of Peter MacNicol in the sequel. That said, I have no interest in this film; this band wagon for making films of 80s nostalgia is getting bigger and dumber with each passing day.

But that's just your opinion, you make it sound like it's the unquestioned, unchallenged reality.

Droo
Jul 13th, 2007, 03:14:57 PM
You know, arguing semantics really isn't smart. If you use a little innitiative, you will know what I say is of my own opinion and I'm not going to tag "Well, in my opinion..." onto the start of every statement I make just to keep anal-retentive nit-pickers content.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 13th, 2007, 03:30:19 PM
I better prepare better next time I stumble on a Ghostbusters 3 thread then, and leave my anus alone.

As far as your opinions go (and this is my opinion too, obviously, don't take it personal...) I find them to always be on the negative side. Your review of Pirates 3 for example, was just a hell of a long "I didn't like it...". Why would you spend so much energy to just put something down? It's like reading those huge reviews in videogame magazines where they have five pages saying how much this game sucks and then they have an A rating review that's like a corner of a page long.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 13th, 2007, 09:27:08 PM
I better prepare better next time I stumble on a Ghostbusters 3 thread then, and leave my anus alone.

As far as your opinions go (and this is my opinion too, obviously, don't take it personal...) I find them to always be on the negative side. Your review of Pirates 3 for example, was just a hell of a long "I didn't like it...". Why would you spend so much energy to just put something down? It's like reading those huge reviews in videogame magazines where they have five pages saying how much this game sucks and then they have an A rating review that's like a corner of a page long.No, Dru actually has a valid point, as it looks like there is going to be a Voltron movie. He's not saying stuff to say stuff.

Beyond that, people write long, negative reviews because sometimes it's fun to bash a terrible product, and sometimes as a long winded but probably needed warning to not spend money on such a product so a similar product is not made so soon.

Liam Jinn
Jul 13th, 2007, 10:23:09 PM
C'mon now, back to Ghostbusters.

The original actors is the only thing that made Ghostbusters 2 any good. The plot wasn't that great.

Bah, I liked the movie. The plot wasn't bad, so I disagree there. But the more I think about it, the less I would've liked it without the original cast. Bah, the original cast/writers are still in this new movie, so nobody better give up on this movie yet.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 14th, 2007, 12:57:53 AM

Well... most people would probably loved GB1 but loathed GB2 for the fact it just wasnt funny or had any sense of fun?

GB1 still has some of the best one liners of any movie and has.....

"What? Is this true?"

"Yes.This man has no d---"

Yet GB2 has none of the original bite - it was horribly softened and neutered with just plain no fun. GB1 had the good sense to know how absurd it was and used that self awareness to have even more fun. Oddly enough, Transformers is pretty close to GB1 - absurd and silly movie, with the sense to know it but roll with it and have fun. And thence actually become pretty good movies.

Somehow, I doubt GB3 will be any better.

Droo
Jul 14th, 2007, 04:51:57 AM
As far as your opinions go (and this is my opinion too, obviously, don't take it personal...) I find them to always be on the negative side.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15686

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=224752#post224752

You've been back about five minutes. Give it time.

The length of my reviews, even the negative ones, reflects my absolute passion for cinema. If I watch a film, regardless of genre, I like to see some quality and originality. When a film seems merely passable, it shouldn't be, this is because during the writing and pre-production stages someone should say "Wait a minute, don't we owe it to people who spend their money coming to see our films at least something that is above average?"

I am also of the opinion that if people stopped going to see rubbish, film studios would be forced to stop making rubbish, so I'm quite outspoken when it comes to bad films as well as good. I want to share my thoughts and warn people who may have a similar opinion to me. And slightly, there's a nugget of truth in that after seeing a bad film, it does help release my frustrations by spilling my criticisms of it onto a page or screen.

I'm not entirely sure why I should justify me posting my honest opinion of something, possibly because we don't live in Happy-Go-Lucky Ga-Ga Land where everyone loves everything and nothing is bad. It would be nice to never have to put up with rubbish films, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon so I'm sure you can look forward to many a long-winded rant in the future.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 14th, 2007, 12:22:56 PM
If you're such a fan of cinema, as I am, you would know that there is a market for the real art and a market for popcorn trash, even then those two are subject to opinion alone, simple as that. Some people think Picasso is garbage, some people think he was a genius.

That's why neither will go away, cinema is a business, I can appreciate a masterpiece like say, LA Confidential and love Commando just the same, because those two are so good at what they do. Besides, like I always say, it's a good thing that classics are fewer than popcorn, because then they stand out, if all movies wrre masterpices, none would be special. Kinda like all athletes getting the gold medal in the oympics,, then what the hell would be the point?

As far as Ghostbusters 3, I loved the first two, obviously the first one is far better, and I have faith it would be 50-50 with a third movie, you can't really screw up such a fun concept.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:20:41 AM
you can't really screw up such a fun concept.Anything can be screwed up. The universe will always build a better idiot.

Jedieb
Jul 15th, 2007, 06:41:48 PM
i don't think it's a stretch to say that most people thought G2 sucked. If you look up their ratings at RT you see G1 with 93% (critics)/98%(users) and G2 with 53%/68%(users). I bet the IMBD numbers would bear the same result. I remember walking out of the theater after seeing G2 completely deflated, it was such a huge letdown. Then again, for me, Ghostbusters was one of the funniest movies ever made and had some of the best lines ever, lines I still quote like a true 80's geek.
"Yes, no human being could stack books like this."

"What about the twinkie?"

The second one had no place to go but down. Even with Murray, I think a third one would be a trainwreck. I'm not sure a new cast of characters would make much of a difference. Duchovny and Ivan R. pretty much tried a remake of Ghostbusters with Evolution and it kind of sucked.

Liam Jinn
Jul 16th, 2007, 01:31:06 AM
Maybe I was too young to think Ghostbusters 2 sucked, but I think the more reasonable conclusion is you guys suck :p

Oh, and c'mon, these quotes are so much better -

"Listen, do you smell something?"

"Let's show this prehistoric BADWORD how we do things downtown"

"If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!"

JMK
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:45:41 AM
"Ok, so I'll see you later huh? I'll give you a call...I'm gonna have a shower".

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:53:31 AM
My best friend and I would always try to pull more obscure quotes. The easier ones are gimmies. Amongst them my all time favorite is probably;
"Cats and dogs, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!"

CMJ
Jul 16th, 2007, 08:55:18 AM
Ghostbusters was one of the most often quoted movies in film school.

Hell, we'd even sing .....

"It's something good...for goodness sakes...wo...oh...somebody's coming"

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:58:49 PM
I thought Evolution was hysterical. :uhoh

Though I didn't link it to Ghostbusters in my mind at any point. O_o

Ryan Pode
Jul 16th, 2007, 07:21:25 PM

Ditto on both accounts. I always thought Evolution was one of those little comedy gems that's hilarious, just noone knows about it.

Tam Jeneel
Jul 16th, 2007, 09:42:30 PM
Evolution is a terrible waste of film and I am sad that it exists.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 17th, 2007, 12:25:53 AM
ka-KAW ka-KAW!

>_< :lol Sorry, it is SO funny to me.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 17th, 2007, 01:33:54 AM

Ditto on both accounts. I always thought Evolution was one of those little comedy gems that's hilarious, just noone knows about it.

You have both been assigned to my "This person has absolutly no taste in film" list.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:22:25 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about, regarding what is "good" or "bad". Completely different opinions.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:48:01 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about, regarding what is "good" or "bad". Completely different opinions.

'Taste' does not excuse crap, mate. People think Britney Spears is an angel when she sings - WRONG. It. IS. Crap.

There is good enjoyable crap like Transformers and there is rotten worthless crap like Evolution.

You'll see where I'm coming from when you get sick of the bad crap. Give it a few years.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:52:31 AM
I'm 25, how many more? I don't know why you can get so worked up over something like a movie, I can't say I loved Evolution, but the giant anus in the end made it worthwhile, you can't say that Orlando Jones being swallowed up by it didn't make you laugh.

Jedieb
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:59:22 AM
I don't think Evolutions is pure crap, just not that funny. I know why LD likes it, she was obviously hypnotized by Duchovny's Fruit Salad. ;)

I don't care if someone likes something I thought sucked. As long as it's not White Chicks. Then you shouldn't be allowed to operate heavy machinery or own fire arms. You're a danger to yourself and everyone around you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:52:29 PM
I don't think Evolutions is pure crap, just not that funny. I know why LD likes it, she was obviously hypnotized by Duchovny's Fruit Salad. ;)
:love Its true!

I could have done without the giant anus at the end, but I know why Julian liked it. :mischief

I don't care if someone likes something I thought sucked. As long as it's not White Chicks. Then you shouldn't be allowed to operate heavy machinery or own fire arms. You're a danger to yourself and everyone around you.
This is also true. :x

Itala Marzullo
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:53:21 PM
Cause it was hysterical, come on, who dares film an anus that size in a big movie?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:56:18 PM
To be fair, it was just a waste hole on a gigantic amoeba. The characters just called it an anus.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:00:10 PM
To be fair, it was just a waste hole on a gigantic amoeba. The characters just called it an anus.

Actually, Ira called it a sphincter.

It farts on them for crying out loud, it's an anus. :D

Ryan Pode
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:51:49 PM
There is good enjoyable crap like Transformers and there is rotten worthless crap like Evolution.

You'll see where I'm coming from when you get sick of the bad crap. Give it a few years.

Old people. No appreciation for a couple hours of mindless entertainment.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:34:33 PM
I still can't believe he called Transformers crap. :p

CMJ
Jul 18th, 2007, 01:06:43 AM
Evolution was way better than I figured it'd be. It was a bit unfairly maliged IMHO. It was pretty entertaining and I laughed some. Pretty forgettable, but a good waste of 2 hours at the time. Definitely better than Ghostbusters 2(in a sense, Evolution is just as much a sequel of Ghostbusters - it is obviously just a riff on the same idea) for me...which I found to be a enormous waste of time. (Though I haven't seen it in awhile either...perhaps I should rewatch both)

Granted I've had no real desire to see Evolution since I viewed in theatres....6-7 years ago now?

Jaime Tomahawk
Jul 18th, 2007, 01:21:27 AM

Old people. No appreciation for a couple hours of mindless entertainment.

ABSOLUTLY AND COMPLETE WRONG WHIPPERSNAPPER AND GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

In fact, given just how busy and pressing life is, I can appreciate a bit of mindless waste time more than just about anyone.

Which is why bad movies are even more offensive, given how little time I do have. You'll know what I mean in about 10 years.

I'm 25, how many more?

About 5, depending on your career and life pressures. And also depending on when you realize just how bad most media really is and you become picky about what you waste time and money on.

I still can't believe he called Transformers crap

Well... it is. It is also an absolute ball of fun and mayhem that is worth the cash and time. You sit there watching things go BOOOM!!! and not a real lot else. The BOOM bit however is damn well done. It also has the good sense to know it's only a things go BOOM! movie and plays up to it. I'll take that.

Thence, there is good crap like Transformers - mindless stupidity done really well and a lot of fun. And then there is bad crap, which is a waste of time on all levels that Hollywood loves to spew out.

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:46:48 AM
Cause it was hysterical, come on, who dares film an anus that size in a big movie?

That made me laugh more than anything in the movie.