PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons (The Movie)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:19:30 PM
Ok I'm sure all the Simpsons fans are rabidly awaiting this movie, and what better to spend your waiting time with than perusing this flikr album of one of the seven 7-11s that have been converted into Kwik-E-Marts!

This one is in Burbank, CA, I believe. You can get Krusty-Os and Squishiees there too.

http://flickr.com/photos/rdr07/sets/72157600590001691/

Jedieb
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:24:43 AM
I use to live and breathe Simpsons when I was in college. I rarely watch it now but still buy the DVD's when they're released. I think a lot of fans are hoping this film leads to a final season and a classic show finally gets laid to rest. Bart's been in the fourth grade for almost two decades now and something's gotta give.

The trailers look like they're are a ton of great gags and I'm crossing my fingers we'll finally get some Marge nudity! But let's be honest, the only yellow skin we're going to see is Bart and Homer's. :cry

jjwr
Jul 9th, 2007, 07:00:27 AM
I'm really excited about this, its a long shot but I'm really hoping our little springfield here in Vermont is chosen for the premiere.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 9th, 2007, 10:31:27 AM
The Simpsons are part of the world's culture, it would be a true sin not to go see this movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2007, 11:19:13 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm?csp=34

A link to the voting for the premiere. Springfield, OR! Vote!

;)

jjwr
Jul 10th, 2007, 02:30:25 PM
Vermont won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is freaking awesome!!! Springfield VT is only about a hour south of me and a bunch of us are already planning on going down for the day.

WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Cat X
Jul 10th, 2007, 04:55:32 PM
The Simpsons are part of the world's culture, it would be a true sin not to go see this movie.

The Simpsons stopped being funny about 10 years ago. Hopefully, the movie will be the end because while the later seasons have lost relavence, the first seasons were very funny and wonderfully skewering of pretty much everything that needed to be sent up.

But it'll probably be more of the same that crossed the line from funny to repeditive and boring too long ago. Unfortunate because what the Simpsons WAS deserves better.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 10th, 2007, 05:19:10 PM
Nah, The Simpsons had a funny resurgence in the early millenium years, but I know what you mean.

Yog
Jul 11th, 2007, 04:28:10 AM
I love Simpsons.. on TV. I am not sure it is a good enough reason to watch it in a theater though. I will probably watch it, but perhaps on DVD.

JMK
Jul 11th, 2007, 06:36:07 AM
The Simpsons never stopped being funny. It stopped being funny and relevant at the same time, around 1995-1999. They turned the corner years ago and are back to being what they were in the early 90's.

Jedieb
Jul 11th, 2007, 08:01:27 AM
I honestly can't comment on how good the show has been in the 00's. All I can say is that those early seasons were some of the best seasons ANY TV show has ever had. The show was that good. For a lot of people the Simpsons went off track right around the time Mr. Burns was shot by of all people Maggie. I think the lowest point may have been that horrible episode where Skinner turns out not to be Skinner. I'll be there when it opens, I'm just debating whether or not to take the boy who's a few days shy of his 9th birthday.

JMK
Jul 11th, 2007, 11:22:17 AM
think the lowest point may have been that horrible episode where Skinner turns out not to be Skinner. I'll be there when it opens, I'm just debating whether or not to take the boy who's a few days shy of his 9th birthday.

I saw that episode for the first time a couple weeks ago...the one where he swipes his war buddy ID? And his mom couldn't tell the difference? Yes, that episode was a stinker...one of the rare ones that left me wanting my 30 minutes back.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 12th, 2007, 09:43:43 AM
Missing this movie will be like Bart missing out on Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 12th, 2007, 07:30:51 PM
The trailers look like they're are a ton of great gags and I'm crossing my fingers we'll finally get some Marge nudity!

That's just wrong. -_-

I'm still not sure if I'll catch this in the theaters... the past many seasons have left me not liking the Simpsons much :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2007, 03:07:07 PM
I heard the nudity in it is **** Bart only ****, so be prepared. :p

Jedieb
Jul 15th, 2007, 06:52:49 PM
The trailers look like they're are a ton of great gags and I'm crossing my fingers we'll finally get some Marge nudity!

That's just wrong. -_-

I'm still not sure if I'll catch this in the theaters... the past many seasons have left me not liking the Simpsons much :(

Yeah, like I'm the only red blooded male here that wants to see Marge naked. Every man here wants to see if the carpet matches the drapes. YOU ALL KNOW YOU WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!

Mitch
Jul 15th, 2007, 11:49:17 PM

That's just wrong. -_-

Yeah, like I'm the only red blooded male here that wants to see Marge naked. Every man here wants to see if the carpet matches the drapes. YOU ALL KNOW YOU WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!

No, no we don't. Ever.

Cat X
Jul 16th, 2007, 01:15:51 AM

That's just wrong. -_-

No, no we don't. Ever.

Yes we do