PDA

View Full Version : Hijack: Exotic Foods

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:32:46 PM
Bah! You people are cruel and evil and vile... :lol
why not eat something uglier, like a cow?
Duckies are too cute to eat!

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:44:52 PM
I am capable of eating pretty much any creature that is fit for human consumption. You're talking to a person who considers squirrels and rats "fair game" if in the woods for a few days.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:49:18 PM
Squirrel I'll try. But you know, rats... ugh.

Though we've got some crazy giant mutant rats that are as big if not bigger than footballs that hang out around the outside of the plant; I could try and bag one for you ;)

Cat X
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:51:35 PM

CUTE??? I dont think so, unless it's been honey glazed, slow roasted with apple sauce and mushrooms. Then it's delicious.

Damnit, hungry now :(

Laodice Laos
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:57:43 PM

Cuteness is directly linked to how tender the meat is. Veal, anyone?

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:34:41 PM
Squirrel I'll try. But you know, rats... ugh.

Though we've got some crazy giant mutant rats that are as big if not bigger than footballs that hang out around the outside of the plant; I could try and bag one for you ;)

What is the difference? One has a bushy tail and one does not. Both are made of meat. As long as you bleed them and let the bodies cool so whatever vermin leave the kill, both are totally eat-worthy.

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:48:12 PM

Cuteness is directly linked to how tender the meat is. Veal, anyone?

AHH! That's funny and wrong all at the same time!!!

I don't like a lot of meat, I usually just eat chicken or turkey... I do eat beef something... I dunno, I don't think I'll ever eat duck or veal or venicen (sp?)
I'm just not a big meat person

My family from more northern Florida eats all that crazy stuff... gator, too

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:26:16 PM
Venison is one of the best dark meats you can have in your diet. It is incredibly lean, and has a great taste. Venison jerky is a heavenly thing.

As far as gator, well, I know we have a few pounds of alligator in our freezer right now. It's a very singular sort of food. Nothing quite like it.

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:36:31 PM
I think I was forced to try gator at a family get together, but it was several years ago... I don't really remember it - but I don't think I liked it much

I'm sure venison is very healthy and good, like I said, I'm just not a big meat person.
whatever makes your mouth water, for you it's venison jerky, for me it's a smoothie!

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:48:22 PM
Are you treating that smoothie as an entire meal? Every smoothie I've seen is a total calorie bomb. Don't have them on any kind of a casual basis. Most of them are incredibly full of sugar. While you do get vitamins and fiber in most, as well as benefit from calcium & protein in the yogurt, I'm not sure it's worth taking in all of the sugar that you find in those.

I know a guy who is a former bodybuilder who has a smoothie shop, and he is very careful to break down his smoothies into lots of macronutrient needs. I've had some of his protein-infused smoothies with creatine and glutamine, but those were relatively low sugar and I was on a bulking phase of my lifts, so I could handle the huge bulk of carbohydrates in it.

Just read the fine print, I guess. Places like Planet Smoothie are generally junk.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:33:13 AM
I think I was forced to try gator at a family get together, but it was several years ago... I don't really remember it - but I don't think I liked it much

I'm sure venison is very healthy and good, like I said, I'm just not a big meat person.
whatever makes your mouth water, for you it's venison jerky, for me it's a smoothie!

Here's a rundown of all the different meat I've had and what it tastes like:

Rabbit
Tastes like a clean, very lean chicken, and I've found that unless you marinate it it can be a little bland, but otherwise tasty meat. The times I've had it it's been very red, though not from any sort of undercooking. It just resembles dark meat in turkey.

Ostrich
The only ostrich I had was ground up, but don't get me wrong; it was fantastic. It'd been an ostrich burger, and darn it I loved it. Ostrich is a red meat, even though technically it's poultry/bird. Very lean, no fat that I can really remember.

Emu
Steak - Just like ostrich, emu is a red meat; tasting like a leaner beef. And, like rabbit, it tastes much cleaner. The fat content on the steaks I had was virtually nil. Very tasty, too. I can't really describe the taste other than to say it was delicious.

Emu egg - Sunnyside up, oh man. Fantastic; I've never had such an awesome egg in my life. I've got a picture floating around her somewhere of me cooking the thing, and it took up the entire pan. 5Tasted much like a chicken egg, but there was something else undefinable, that I couldn't exactly put my finger on. But whatever it was, hoo doggie it was glorious.

Alligator
I hadn't had alligator until about two or three weeks ago, but when I did it was quite yummy. It tasted like the perfect combination of fish and chicken.

And that's about it. Of course there are the normals; chicken, beef, lamb, pork, venison, chicken, all types of fish, lobster (my favorite food :D ) and crab, etc. Eventually I want to try rattlesnake, horse, and kangaroo. And a few of what might be socially taboo animals in the US. But eh.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:44:23 AM
I've had rattlesnake, bison, opossum, and caribou.

Caribou is more or less venison. Lean and gamey. I had this at an "exotic animal" dinner years ago at a church. Fun times.

Opossum is fatty-ish, almost like pork. This was a "country fried" dish, so I imagine that had more to do with it really. Corn meal batter and so forth.

Bison is a very robust meat, very lean. I had it in a burger and it is basically everything good about ground beef with none of the bad parts.

Rattlesnake, hmm. The way I've had it was not very good. It was a chewy, bland thing. I had fried bits very similar to calamari, but it tasted sort of like fried clams, which suck. I imagine if they had prepared them better (maybe in a marinade and blackened them or something) then it would have been a better experience.

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:22:37 AM
What is the difference? One has a bushy tail and one does not. Both are made of meat. As long as you bleed them and let the bodies cool so whatever vermin leave the kill, both are totally eat-worthy.

Well, the squirrel actually live in the woods (ok, some live in parks) eating nuts, seeds, and veggie stuff, while rats tend to live in sewers and such lovely places, feeding off exrements, trash and stuff, and they tend to carry a lot of diseases. If the meat is cooked / fried, it's not an inconceivable idea, but the mental barrier is of several orders of magnitude higher than it is for squirrels. Much like you though, I consider anything fair game if hungry enough.

Here is a list of stuff I have consumed:

Ducks (various kinds), rabbit, whale meat, raindeer / deer / moose, seagull eggs, octopuses (7 and 8 arm), snails, mussels / oysters of various kinds, bloody mary with snake blood, dried codfish prepared in potash lye, "old cheese" (norwegian dish), sheep head, turtle soup, shark fin, ox tongue, horse meat, aligator meat, emu meat / pancake, pork paw, all kinds of weird sushi, tequila with bug, fried and sugar coated ants (mmm... so crunchy!), + much more I am probably forgetting.

Feeling hungry yet? :lol

Generally, if I see anything excotic in a restaurant I will jump on it

Also, opium seeds. No, not the drug, but dried seeds from the opium plant (it is completely harmless). They sold the stuff on ice cream in Turkey.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:41:22 AM
Well, the squirrel actually live in the woods (ok, some live in parks) eating nuts, seeds, and veggie stuff, while rats tend to live in sewers and such lovely places, feeding off exrements, trash and stuff, and they tend to carry a lot of diseases. If the meat is cooked / fried, it's not an inconceivable idea, but the mental barrier is of several orders of magnitude higher than it is for squirrels. Much like you though, I consider anything fair game if hungry enough.

Squirrels are every bit candidates for vermin and nasty business. I mean it was recently that a squirrel up and had rabies and tore through Germany attacking everybody. Now this sounds scary and such, but microbes like viruses and bacteria are destroyed / nullified by pasteurization temperatures, well below that of what you get in a spit roast.

The only stuff that doesn't get fixed by a good cooking would be if there are any latent toxins in the animal's tissue, or if they have a prion disorder like Mad Cow, Kuru, Creutzfeld-Jakob, etc. As for parasites, leaving the fresh kill to "cool" for an hour or two is generally sufficient to solve this problem, as any parasites in a slain animal will leave the corpse rather promptly.

Here is a list of stuff I have consumed:

Ducks (various kinds), rabbit, whale meat, raindeer / deer / moose, seagull eggs, octopuses (7 and 8 arm), snails, mussels / oysters of various kinds, bloody mary with snake blood, dried codfish prepared in potash lye, "old cheese" (norwegian dish), sheep head, turtle soup, shark fin, ox tongue, horse meat, aligator meat, emu meat / pancake, pork paw, all kinds of weird sushi, tequila with bug, fried and sugar coated ants (mmm... so crunchy!), + much more I am probably forgetting.

I would eat all of this. I might give pause at the bloody mary, simply because I hate bloody marys, and I am unsure about the codfish & lye, but the rest is in bounds.

Also, opium seeds. No, not the drug, but dried seeds from the opium plant (it is completely harmless). They sold the stuff on ice cream in Turkey.

Countdown until Christin comments on this :)

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:10:06 AM
Oh, I am aware squirrels are no saints. But you gotta admit, the thought of eating something living in a sewer is pretty gross.

I would eat all of this. I might give pause at the bloody mary, simply because I hate bloody marys, and I am unsure about the codfish & lye, but the rest is in bounds.

You are wise about pausing on the codfish & lye. Imagine a jelly grey transparant substance, which you basically have to flush down with mustard and liquor to hide the taste.

Countdown until Christin comments on this :)

The seeds are completely free of stimulants. You cannot even trace it in a laboratory. It is about as stimulant as your regular oat meal. They even bake bread of the stuff. The plants are grown as part of their pharmacy industry, and that ice cream thing is just a gimmick for tourists, but it makes for a good story. I love people's WTF reaction :)

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:27:02 AM
Oh, I am aware squirrels are no saints. But you gotta admit, the thought of eating something living in a sewer is pretty gross.

If you find this gross, we shall not go into water procurement :)

You are wise about pausing on the codfish & lye. Imagine a jelly grey transparant substance, which you basically have to flush down with mustard and liquor to hide the taste.

I imagine it tasting soapy.

The seeds are completely free of stimulants. You cannot even trace it in a laboratory. It is about as stimulant as your regular oat meal. They even bake bread of the stuff. The plants are grown as part of their pharmacy industry, and that ice cream thing is just a gimmick for tourists, but it makes for a good story. I love people's WTF reaction :)

It was a rather famous story arc on an episode of Seinfeld.

Cat X
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:40:29 AM
Kangaroo is pretty good, but it must be cooked right and must be rare - do NOT well done it.

Deer is neat

I LOVE Oysters kilpatrick

And if you want to win my heart ladies... make me some chili octopus. Best damn thing ever

Emu..... meh

Snake is okay

Rabbit I dont really like.

Koala SUCKS

Crocodile now... THAT's an unusual meat. It's amazingly like white chocolate in texture and quite sweet. Very much the most unusal and yet great tasting meat.

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:44:41 AM
If you find this gross, we shall not go into water procurement :)

Please do. I am intrigued..

I imagine it tasting soapy.

Well, not quite, but it's awful nonetheless, IMO. I can't comprehend why some people like it. You either love it or hate it, I am in the latter group.

This story pretty much describes some people's first experience of it (some NWS language)
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/ic/lutefisk.html

And this is a more "neutral" description:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

It was a rather famous story arc on an episode of Seinfeld.

I GOT to see that episode! Do you know the name / number of the episode?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:48:09 AM
I GOT to see that episode! Do you know the name / number of the episode?

The Shower Head; episode sixteen, season seven.

The whole exchange between Elaine, Peterman, and Kramer is damn priceless :lol

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:58:09 AM

Not familiar with this dish, but I occasionally eat raw oysters. I have to be somewhere rather near the coast, because I will only eat fresh. They're an experience. Best with good beer and an endless supply.

And if you want to win my heart ladies... make me some chili octopus. Best damn thing ever

Forgot about octopus. It was more or less calamari to me. Good mind you, but nothing special.

Please do. I am intrigued..

Fresh water of generally any source is within bounds. It can be dirty as hell and full of microbes, and will be summarily filtered and purified. Stagnant pools, muddy rivers, who knows what. And you will drink it and like it.

Well, not quite, but it's awful nonetheless, IMO. I can't comprehend why some people like it. You either love it or hate it, I am in the latter group.

This story pretty much describes some people's first experience of it (some NWS language)
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/ic/lutefisk.html (http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/%7Eatman/ic/lutefisk.html)

And this is a more "neutral" description:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

I would try it once, at least. Jellied meat kind of scares me.

Cat X
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:18:41 AM

Not familiar with this dish, but I occasionally eat raw oysters. I have to be somewhere rather near the coast, because I will only eat fresh. They're an experience. Best with good beer and an endless supply.

Forgot about octopus. It was more or less calamari to me. Good mind you, but nothing special.

Oysters Kilpatrick is Oysters marinated in worstershire sauce, diced bacon, cooked very fast at very high heat, served with sea salt. Make sure you eat them when very hot too.

The mistake most make with octopus is to cook it for too long so it does become like squid / calamari. You grill them fast and hot to keep it soft and tender. Marinated in sweet chili sauce, with a bit of spice and peppers. With some mushrooms, it's a meal fit for a king.

I also prefer a good sate. Now sate, done properly, isnt the quick blow your head off type curry or chili - it's supposed to sneak up and get you about 5 minutes after eating. Smooth when eating, the chili, spices and curry are masked by things liek the cocnut milk, so that you get a wicked slow burn.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:59:03 AM
Raw rock oysters :love

About the only meat I won't eat are bull testicles (had some at a branding ages ago; never again), and fugu.

Oh yeah; and no bugs :x

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:01:05 AM
I would try it once, at least. Jellied meat kind of scares me.

If you do, please have someone video record your reaction as you eat it :lol

The Shower Head; episode sixteen, season seven.

The whole exchange between Elaine, Peterman, and Kramer is damn priceless

Thanks, I will check it out!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:07:59 AM
Well hell's bells, boy! Come on over! We can have an exotic meat feeding frenzy and watch Seinfeld all the way from season one to season seven! :dance

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:11:34 AM
Well hell's bells, boy! Come on over! We can have an exotic meat feeding frenzy and watch Seinfeld all the way from season one to season seven! :dance

That sounds wonderful! :rollin

(I am not sure when I would be able to pull that off, but I will keep it in mind)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:09:28 AM
I love bison burgers, they're amazing. Same with ostrich burgers.

Also, I cannot watch Seinfeld anymore. After the show ended I realized what utterly horrid people the characters were and it disgusted me instead of entertained me from there on out.

Kat Kariena
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:07:14 PM
mmmm... bison... ostrich.... venison... Especially when my German-Jewish grandfather makes the venison... best Thanksgiving EVER but that's another story ^_^

Honestly, I would have to try almost everything named here once before I could speak on the edibility of it, never had calmari or any other such thing.... every time I remind my mother that I've never had lobster she says she'll take me out to get some, but then again, she's been saying that since I was about 16 XD

I grew up feathering chickens and venison (my grandfather is an avid hunter). Sooo yeah... ^_^ And yes, venison jerkey is heaven bwahahahaha!!!

Laodice Laos
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:20:21 PM
I ate dog in Portugal. It had the texture of a pot roast, and was a little heavy on the grease with a super strong aftertaste. Wasn't that great, plus it made you feel guilty when you found out what it was. :(

Also locusts are incredibly good. We had them fried in a sweet chili sauce and they're really meat & surprisingly chickenlike.

Never tried venison, but moosemeat was a dissapointment. A friends dad used to hunt and make sausage out of moose, and it left a rough, coated feeling in your mouth. Never really enjoyed it. Bear meat was the same, it was far too fatty for my palate. Squirell kebabs are dandy with a good barbeque sauce. :D

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:33:40 PM
Yeah I have heard that bear is really oily. People say that it works well in a stew though, so that might be worth seeing.

I've been keen on trying grasshoppers for a while, as I hear they are ideal in terms of insect cuisine. They advise to remove the hind legs though, so to avoid getting jabbed in your mouth or throat.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:49:20 PM
Meat I want to try:

Kangaroo
Dog
Cat
Horse
Rhea
Pheasant
Bear
Rattlesnake
Squirrel
Moose
Caribou
Whale

There's probably a few other's I'm forgeting, though.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:57:03 PM
Well, I feel like a herbivore in comparison to the rest of you. I haven't nibbled anywhere near as many different animals. I think I'm quite comfortable with that being the case.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:59:10 PM
I don't think that we have any major carnivorous habits, it's just that we're keen on trying different things. When it's my choice, I usually opt for vegetarian cuisine a good portion of the time.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:19:57 PM
Are you treating that smoothie as an entire meal? Every smoothie I've seen is a total calorie bomb. Don't have them on any kind of a casual basis. Most of them are incredibly full of sugar. While you do get vitamins and fiber in most, as well as benefit from calcium & protein in the yogurt, I'm not sure it's worth taking in all of the sugar that you find in those.

I know a guy who is a former bodybuilder who has a smoothie shop, and he is very careful to break down his smoothies into lots of macronutrient needs. I've had some of his protein-infused smoothies with creatine and glutamine, but those were relatively low sugar and I was on a bulking phase of my lifts, so I could handle the huge bulk of carbohydrates in it.

Just read the fine print, I guess. Places like Planet Smoothie are generally junk.

Actually I do use them as meal replacements, I get them on my break at work sometimes. I sometimes only get a short break and there is a smoothie place right next store, so I just run in and grab one.

But thanks for the advice, I will be more careful with my smoothie choices :)

and I agree with Dasq, the craziest thing (for me) that I've ever tried is gator and I'm good with that - chicken, turkey and the occasional red meat I do are are perfectly fine with me

Are the only meats that are not allowed to be eaten are meats from endangered animals? Or would dog and cat meat be allowed to be eaten in America?

Laodice Laos
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:26:50 PM
Question: What about all-fruit smoothies?

On days that I'm not able to get out on the water I usually have a huge banana-strawberry-blue+raspberry soymilk smoothie midmorning, in lieu of breakfast & lunch. Mostly because I thought it was fairly low calorie. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:38:57 PM
Not low calorie, but probably not bad for you. :) IMO.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:02:58 PM
Actually I do use them as meal replacements, I get them on my break at work sometimes. I sometimes only get a short break and there is a smoothie place right next store, so I just run in and grab one.

But thanks for the advice, I will be more careful with my smoothie choices :)

Okay, as long as its not "just a drink" sort of thing. Also, are you taking a multivitamin?

Are the only meats that are not allowed to be eaten are meats from endangered animals? Or would dog and cat meat be allowed to be eaten in America?

I'm sure there is some way that you could butcher such animals, but I don't know how you'd get the green light.

Question: What about all-fruit smoothies?

On days that I'm not able to get out on the water I usually have a huge banana-strawberry-blue+raspberry soymilk smoothie midmorning, in lieu of breakfast & lunch. Mostly because I thought it was fairly low calorie. :\

Soy milk is loaded with calories, and these smoothies usually have juice added from concentrate. It's sugars and some vitamin content. As I said before, watch the sugar and make sure that's within your limits, and if it is, replace a meal with that smoothie. You would still be better off eating whole fruit, since that also gives you the added benefit of fiber.

Karl Valten
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:17:36 PM
My friend and I went chipmunk hunting at his house with pellet guns and stewed them up. I wouldn't recomend it, those furry little suckers are too stringy.

Laodice Laos
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:19:03 PM
I never buy my smoothies, because the local shop uses sherbert in everything which completely defeats the purpose. Make 'em at home and juice is never an ingredient. Eating fruit is a difficult thing for me, so smoothies sort of help disguise them. :)

Should I be adding something to it, supplement wise, since it's basically a replacement for two meals?

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:19:06 PM
My friend and I went chipmunk hunting at his house with pellet guns and stewed them up. I wouldn't recomend it, those furry little suckers are too stringy.

Eat to survive.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:47:49 PM
I never buy my smoothies, because the local shop uses sherbert in everything which completely defeats the purpose. Make 'em at home and juice is never an ingredient. Eating fruit is a difficult thing for me, so smoothies sort of help disguise them. :)

Should I be adding something to it, supplement wise, since it's basically a replacement for two meals?

If you're just having fruit and ice then you're doing fine and you might even want to add unflavored yogurt to the mix in order to bulk it up slightly. You won't spike the sugar with unflavored yogurt so that is why I recommend it.

As for adding stuff to it, I say no. It's just simpler to take a multivitamin really. The only time I ever have stuff added is when I'm at the bodybuilder's restaurant because he's got stuff like creatine which isn't a major macronutrient anyway.

Hartus Kenobi
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:59:36 PM
Eh, ducks aren't that cute. Plus, they're annoying

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91kNo4s8ARc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91kNo4s8ARc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:16:51 PM
<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ficwZQYmRLE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Ducks are WAY cute!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhT7CrdUBZg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhT7CrdUBZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:19:15 PM
I'm sure there is some way that you could butcher such animals, but I don't know how you'd get the green light.

*shrugs* I was just curious

And I'm not taking a multivitamin... though I do have some my doctor gave to me on my last visit, I should probably start taking those.

That is the cutest video ever! Though I was worried that the dog might attack it at some point :\ (on Hart's video)

but, the other videos are SOO cute too! All those videos are SO cute... I'm in like ducky cuteness overload!

Rubber duckies are totally cute and I think the one in that video is way cute too... I don't know why, I just like ducks.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:20:38 PM
Eh, ducks aren't that cute. Plus, they're annoying
<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91kNo4s8ARc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Geese are far worse. Ducks are fine in comparison. I despise geese with every fiber of my being.

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:27:25 PM
And I'm not taking a multivitamin... though I do have some my doctor gave to me on my last visit, I should probably start taking those.

Yeah, multivitamins are an easy way to greatly improve your diet. It's generally easy to eat within the bounds of the RDA and get your target calories, and even things like protein, carbs, fats, and such. It's much harder to plan so that you get your whole intake of vitamins, and in many cases its okay to get too much of them since the excess is going to leech into your urine in the first place.

On top of that, you might also want to look into omega 3 capsules. It's an essential fatty acid in most fatty fish and in flax grain, and it's incredibly beneficial to your body.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:31:17 PM
Yeah, multivitamins are an easy way to greatly improve your diet. It's generally easy to eat within the bounds of the RDA and get your target calories, and even things like protein, carbs, fats, and such. It's much harder to plan so that you get your whole intake of vitamins, and in many cases its okay to get too much of them since the excess is going to leech into your urine in the first place.

On top of that, you might also want to look into omega 3 capsules. It's an essential fatty acid in most fatty fish and in flax grain, and it's incredibly beneficial to your body.

Dude, you are like my own personal nutritionist. I should be paying you. :5bux
Thanks, man! I will definately look into it

Seerriss
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:37:24 PM
I like ducks, they're fun to feed at our Wild Animal Park....but geese are evil, butt biters they are....

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:44:52 PM
Dude, you are like my own personal nutritionist. I should be paying you. :5bux
Thanks, man! I will definately look into it

Eh, its all really generic information you can find on a five minute google search. I am an amateur at this crap. Don't take my word for it, I'm six months into being a health nut. Confirm with your doctor.

Are you just looking to improve your diet, or are you working to a goal of some kind?

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:33:10 PM
Ideally, I'd like to lose weight, but it is not a pressing goal.. improving my diet would be a good think

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:44:29 PM
You'll generally accomplish that with a proper diet, assuming you are getting some regular exercise one way or another.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:49:57 PM
Yah, I should be doing more... I walk a lot though, at work I am always running from one place to the other or climbing up and down latters... and I usually walk a good deal on campus, though I am not on campus for the summer...

Parsideon Denix
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:58:30 PM
I'm one to talk because I'm supposed to get three gym days in a week at a minimum and I haven't made my quota in a few weeks.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:01:02 AM
Bad! :twak Your gym is going to kick you out now! tehe
No, I would really like to start running or swimming, we have a really nice pool and rec center in our apartment complex and the gym on campus is amazing, but I'm so worn out between school (online classes this summer, so still in school though I'm not on campus) and work that I can't motivate myself to go.. :\

Parsideon Denix
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:02:37 AM
They generally don't care as long as I pay them. I'll make it up this week, no big deal.

As far as your energy level, eating right will help this in a major way. You can feel awful and lethargic on the wrong food, and gain instant energy when eating clean.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:19:55 AM
Most places don't care as long as they get their money...:\

But energy is def something I need more of...

Yog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:46:20 AM

Everyone should do this, really.