PDA

View Full Version : Awaaaaay

Khendon Sevon
Jun 28th, 2007, 11:05:52 PM
Sure, most people won't even realize I'm away. That's a given. It's what happens when you become completely wrapped up in... not RPing. You all know how it is, I'm sure.

Never the less, I'll be jumping on an train for the City (NYC) tomorrow, then boarding a plane destined for Amsterdam, somersaulting onto another aimed at Athens (Greece), and finally will be in a taxi speeding along a highway, traveling along the twisting Greek byway with the goal of making it to Xrisovo high in the mountains near the city of Nafpaktos.

Then I have the joy of attending a Panayiri (festival) that night in the village (Xrisovo is the village where my father was born) and getting to eat lamb, drink strong wine, and wonder why my sleep schedule is so messed up. It'll be a big spiel with old women (yes, that's a beard she has) pulling at my face and random kids kicking me in the shins to make sure I'm not a ghost or something...

So, that means I get to sleep in the village for a night (not joy). Then, I'll be back in our beautiful apartment in Nafpaktos (yay, comfortable bed, sea within a couple seconds walking distance).

Erm. Right. So.

Yes. I will be working on my second novel. The first is, erm, remaining shelved since I don't think it's particularly amazing (and it's kinda' long, 520+ pages).

Soooo, second one is shorter (goal is 240ish) and more of a fun, easy write for me. A lot less complex and winding.

I have about 20 single-spaced pages done so far (w00t, that's a whole bunch).

Am I babbling? I have a bad tendency to do that. I blame you all! Especially LD and S'il. Yes, they are to blame, truly. Because... because! Well, because LD pushes buttons that make threads magically get sucked into wormholes and reappear massed in a single forum and S'il has some sort of insane creature of ultimate doom eating her eye or something.

And Charley has guns and will outlive us all in the event of an apocalyptic... event.

Right.

Carry on, mortals.

That is all.

You may go now.

<_<

>_>

Seriously. Git!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 29th, 2007, 03:51:27 AM
Well... I'm jealous :shakefist

Morgan Evanar
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:12:44 AM
Be safe, you big jerk!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:33:12 AM
Take lots of pictures and have fun :)

My sister still, to this day, calls you Greece-Boy.

Tam Jeneel
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:59:36 AM
I am incredibly jealous of your travel plans :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:51:02 PM
Have fun, you horrible, horrible person you.

Kat Kariena
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:29:52 PM
Evil traveling... I envy you!!!

Have fun!! ^_^

Khendon Sevon
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:57:06 AM
Oh, internet cafe. How awesome you are.

I'm surrounded by Greek speaking 12 year olds playing counter-strike. Oh, and they suck ;) But, that's another story.

So, erm... Hi.

Oh, 30 word pages done for my new novel. That's, like... 1/4? It'll probably end up being far less. C'est la vie.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 15th, 2007, 09:14:43 PM
Why am I awake?

It's 11:12 PM. I just got back from the airport.

Let's review the "day":

1) 30 minute taxi from our Athens hotel to the airport
2) 2 hour wait in the airport for our flight
3) 3 hour flight to Amsterdam
4) 1 hour in Amsterdam
5) 7 1/2 hour flight to NYC
6) 1 hour in line for customs
7) 1 hour from NYC to Jersey

<_<
>_>

It's 6:14 AM in Athens. Sleeeeep...

Pictures later.