PDA

View Full Version : If it isn't a hassle..

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:39:34 PM
...do you think it possible in the future to add the ezboard feature where you can switch accounts in a drop down bar?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:58:03 PM
Not possible without massive amounts of modification.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:12:44 PM
Not possible without massive amounts of modification.

No kidding, I must know nothng about coding then, figured it would just be a matter of copy and paste the code.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 27th, 2007, 11:21:19 PM
Completely different software backend between ezboard and vBulletin. Ezboard 'code' as you put it will not work here.

We hacked in user's avatars displayed in the header or navbar in all styles. Thats about as close as we get to any quick user switching here, unless you would like to pay someone ludicrous sums of money to write a hack just about no one wants. Most vBulletin owners want hacks that only allow their users one account, not hacks that make it easy to bounce from one account to another.

And one other solution that I know some of our people use here is to use the two URL method, possibly three. This method is tricky though since many of the links force the url www.sw-fans.net (left column nav module and footer)

The three possible URLs which you can be logged into a different account on each are:

www.sw-fans.net
sw-fans.net

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:56:01 AM
When using the different URLs, it also helps if you set a different style set for each character you have; that's a very easy way to know who you're logged in as.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:50:06 AM
I'm planning on starting up with a second character, so I think I can sorta empathize. I hadn't thought of the URL thing, but I have each character logged on in a different browser program. Like one is logged on in Firefox, another could be logged on in IE, another in Opera or Safari, etc.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 28th, 2007, 10:43:05 AM
I use the 'different styles' trick, like s'Il. I doesn't take more than a couple of seconds to switch accounts, so not having a 'Master Account' feature doesn't really bother me. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 28th, 2007, 11:21:12 AM
I have five browsers installed and uh, switching accounts doesn't bother me at all :)

I also do a lot of cross-browser website testing. :x