PDA

View Full Version : Similar Signatures

tabris27
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:00:59 PM
You know, I was a big fan of the time when everyone in the Marzullo Clan used the same formula for their sig. Black background, character in foreground, right lightsaber running across the bottom. Thankfully now the sigs are more stylish, but it would be cool if they still all had the same style - it would be cute team solidarity.

-- Hart

So Hart threw that idea out there yesterday and I was wondering what other people thought?

tabris27
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:06:08 PM
Since both Hart and I like the Alexia signature the best I used it for the template.

Sooooo for example:

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Not for it, these are new times. But whatever makes it easier for ya. Though those are very nice regardless.

tabris27
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:17:31 PM
What exactly do you mean when you say 'new times'...I'm not entirely sure how that factors in...so where are ya coming from? ^^

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:01:48 PM
Old Times: Everybody used the same style of sig.
New Times: ??????

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:05:31 PM
Okay, it was just a thought. But if it a matter or "old times" vs. "new times," it might also be worth it to toy around with the idea that the Resistence would be more observant of tradition.

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:28:35 PM
Esp. since mine is the template... I'm for it!!! tehehe
but on a serious note, I like Hart's idea about Ares' side keeping with tradition and Dante's not...
but really, I don't care either way

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:30:33 PM
Okay, it was just a thought. But if it a matter or "old times" vs. "new times," it might also be worth it to toy around with the idea that the Resistence would be more observant of tradition.

Actually, that's the best positive case for Ares' Resistance, though signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:38:59 PM
You know I like them different BUT I'm not the one making them.

tabris27
Jun 27th, 2007, 05:13:31 PM
Well first off, I can go either way. I started the poll to see what other people thought, so while it would make things easier I understand why some people might not like the idea.

I was going to make the Dante side signatures different if we did it. I just hadn't decided how yet so for now I just changed the color.

As for the old vs new thing. *shrugs* I don't really understand it but fair enough.

"signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in"

I completely disagree.

The whole point of a sig is to represent you character... and that has everything to do with the "fictional world we play in."

Everytime I make a signature I try (I don't always succeed but I try) to make it represent some aspect of the character. Sometimes that's just the fact they're a Marzullo, but when I know a character I try to make it reflect something of their personality, or job, or anything else that says something about the character. Although perhaps that's not as obvious to everyone else as it is to me (the one who knows exactly what images were used and has been staring at it for hours on end). ~_~

That would be the main reason I would resist making all the Marzullo signatures the same. On the other hand I can also appreciate that they *are* all the same family and many of the signatures end up alike anyway if not exactly the same. The blended, collage background, normally a reddish or gold hue etc. So you might as well go all the way and use the exact same format (one for each side). *Shrugs* Like I said I could be convinced either way.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:00:47 PM
Well first off, I can go either way. I started the poll to see what other people thought, so while it would make things easier I understand why some people might not like the idea.

I was going to make the Dante side signatures different if we did it. I just hadn't decided how yet so for now I just changed the color.

As for the old vs new thing. *shrugs* I don't really understand it but fair enough.

"signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in"

I completely disagree.

The whole point of a sig is to represent you character... and that has everything to do with the "fictional world we play in."

Everytime I make a signature I try (I don't always succeed but I try) to make it represent some aspect of the character. Sometimes that's just the fact they're a Marzullo, but when I know a character I try to make it reflect something of their personality, or job, or anything else that says something about the character. Although perhaps that's not as obvious to everyone else as it is to me (the one who knows exactly what images were used and has been staring at it for hours on end). ~_~

That would be the main reason I would resist making all the Marzullo signatures the same. On the other hand I can also appreciate that they *are* all the same family and many of the signatures end up alike anyway if not exactly the same. The blended, collage background, normally a reddish or gold hue etc. So you might as well go all the way and use the exact same format (one for each side). *Shrugs* Like I said I could be convinced either way.

Well, I base my thinking on the fact our characters can't switch dimentions and take a peek at our sigs. It's a purely cosmetic aspect of roleplaying, in my opinion.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 07:15:27 PM
And not to mention there are some people out there who request the sig to be a certain ways.

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:44:34 PM
*shrugs* me I don't care either way. I'm too tired right now to even think straight yet alone place an opinion on our siggies.

Besides I like my old one lol ^_^

Itala Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:03:38 AM
Just like a good girl should!

Tidus Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:12:57 AM
Hmm, I actually really like the idea of having similar signatures. Especially having one colour for Ares' group and Dante's group. That way, people like me, (who aren't 100% clued up about the Marzullo's and find it difficult to keep track of who's on which side lol) have an easier time establishing to the two factions in the thread. For those that don't play a Marzullo, I think it would help them not to get confused when reading :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 28th, 2007, 07:00:35 AM
What if there was some sort of crest for each side? Something that you could meld/include/work in to the signature?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 07:18:50 AM
What if there was some sort of crest for each side? Something that you could meld/include/work in to the signature?

Bah, I guess I'm warming up to the idea.

Crests seem to be a much better idea than colors.

Candy for whoever can design two awesome crests for both sides.

Tidus Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 07:24:55 AM
Whoo, crests sounds good. I really like that idea actually.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:44:24 AM
I have the perfect idea... :lol

Ares' side can have the Autobots' insignia while Dante's side can have the Decepticons' insignia. It's perfect!!!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 09:10:46 AM
Hart, why would you double vote?

Dante Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 09:11:51 AM
There, now it's even.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 28th, 2007, 09:17:36 AM
Because my opinion carries extra weight?

I don't know. I didn't realize that I voted already.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 11:20:28 AM
Aww, you guys are no fun. I don't even get a negative response... how rude. It really doesn't matter... anyone who has 500 names can just post that many times. It will never be a true vote unless you actually have us post out votes.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:27:46 PM
Aww, you guys are no fun. I don't even get a negative response... how rude. It really doesn't matter... anyone who has 500 names can just post that many times. It will never be a true vote unless you actually have us post out votes.

We can check who's voting by clicking on the vote numbers, Walteroo.

Serpent Drinnon
Jun 28th, 2007, 05:47:43 PM
To be honest, I prefere having different sigs. Not everyone is going to have the same tastes and some people may prefere a certain colour for their character. So I vote against having similar sigs.

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:05:26 PM
I like the idea of the crests. Works for me. lol

Itala Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:21:08 AM
Hey Serpent, how's Misti doing anyway?

tabris27
Jun 29th, 2007, 01:56:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/tabris27/TMC2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/tabris27/TMC3.jpg

Well here are a couple of attempts...

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:05:59 PM
Nice!
It's like Nike-ish!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 11:22:58 PM
Marzullo Clothing, it's NEXT.:D

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 12:08:46 AM
TMC clothing line...scary....

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 02:54:23 PM
The bottom one reminds me of bonus star awards on Mario Party 8. :lol

tabris27
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:08:31 PM
I'm not going to tell you what it reminds me of otherwise everyone will start seeing it and then it just wouldn't work. ^^;;

Lucilla Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:52:22 AM
makes me think of the DODGE logo...O.O

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:06:26 PM
Look what I found!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/StarryEyed2131/marzullocoatofarms.jpg

I know it won't work for our purposes, but I thought I'd share it none the less

Itala Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:25:46 AM
Well, the real Marzullos can be traced as far as the Italian anti-monarchy revolution of the middle 19th century, but the name also shares branches and blood with the Mazzolas, Marzullis, Marzullas, and names derived from that.

Funny how you found that and I couldn't, where'd you get it?

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:00:00 PM
I went to google and typed in "Marzullo Clan" and like the third of fourth link down was the Marzullo Coat of Arms
http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/marzullo-coat-arms.htm

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/StarryEyed2131/Marzullocrest.jpg

Itala Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:51:32 PM
Wow, so those are the Spanish equivalents of Marzullo? I should have figured that out myself, cool!

See if you can display the Italian origin, because "Marzullo" itself couldn't have originated in Visigothic Spain since they were Germanic, there seems to be some type of error in the translation.

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:41:54 PM
*shrugs* I just posted what I found, I'm not claiming it's correct

Matthias Marzullo
Jul 7th, 2007, 04:36:05 PM
Geez... never appreciates anything... :D

Itala Marzullo
Jul 8th, 2007, 08:42:20 AM
Not everything I say is criticism.

Matthias Marzullo
Jul 8th, 2007, 09:52:32 AM
Not everything yes... most of it... yes. :D