PDA

View Full Version : Idea for RP thread awards

Itala Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 10:41:40 AM
I was thinking that after every "official" roleplay, that means general Marzullo roleplays in Star Wars Roleplaying, not in the twin boards (unless you think this is a good idea too) we could have a few awards based on member voting and the awards could be on the shape of rep points.

Since I don't have the means to buy little trophies and ship them, I figured this would be a fun way to award roleplaying goodness.

Mr. Feint
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:28:21 PM
A year ago we had a character and thread of the month awards and they were fun at first, and then people started getting hurt feelings when they never won the award, or even got nominated. Personally, I think awards are fine, for a time, but they always end up with someone feeling left out. My only suggestion would be to try and include a lot of people, IE: have a lot of awards to hand out so everyone can be included.

FIN!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:54:52 PM
Holly and I still do this, in the form of the Focus Character/Roleplay on the Wiki front-page. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with roleplayers giving one another kudos on their performance in roleplays. It's not something the staff have ever chosen to officially endorse, as Feint said people tend to take offense when they feel like they're being overlooked, but we certainly won't stop you doing something like this yourselves :)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 01:56:17 PM
Thank you.

As far as being "left out" it should be a reason to try and improve rather than a reason to be crybabies, TMC had awards in the past and so far nobody has shown any emo attributes.

But the more awards is a good idea, here are some of my suggestions:

Best Overall Post
Best Character Development
Best Overall Character
Best Rookie
Best Veteran
Best Action Post
Best Humorous Post
Best Duel

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:27:22 PM
I enjoyed our award show. It was soooooooo much fun to RP your real self during it then you character. :D

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:59:22 PM
It was cheesy as hell too.

Any more ideas for categories?

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 27th, 2007, 09:44:42 PM
Best Non-Marzullo-Ex-Jedi-Who-Must-Wear-Armor-To-Survive

Itala Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:28:08 PM
lol we could make a "Best Non-Marzullo Character"

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 11:34:26 PM
Yeah the Award Thread was awesome. lol Good times there. :)

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 09:04:42 PM
I am all for the awards...
so how will they be done? like the old board with the award show?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:19:56 AM
Probably, for old times' sake.

Lucilla Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 03:50:31 PM
I myself dont think it's a good idea. I remember being disappointed last time when I didn't win. I think it's a big popularity contest, and regardless, people will get hurt, and they will probably be "crybabies" about it. I do admit now, when I put my best typing forward and come up with the best I can for RP and get overlooked, it pisses me off a little bit. Just my two cents ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and I should add, I am indeed a sore loser :P

tabris27
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:29:19 PM
So we need a "Best Lucilla Post" category then. ^^

EDIT: Or maybe even a personal best category. If a person doesn't win in a category then least everyone gets acknowledgment for the best post they made.

Karl Valten
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:37:17 PM
Ahem, we do have these awards once a year people if you care to remember. :p

Here are the previous threads.

2005: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13285&highlight=Awards

2006:
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15065&highlight=Awards

(P.S Julian I will get to posting in the thread soon, went away for a few days)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:50:03 PM
Karl, that hardly counts as it never got past the nomination stage. :p

Karl Valten
Jun 29th, 2007, 08:56:37 PM
Well poo on you

Serena Laran
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:00:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I loved them, and I think you should do it again this year. :)

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:03:49 PM
Ahem, we do have these awards once a year people if you care to remember. :p

Here are the previous threads.

2005: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13285&highlight=Awards

2006:
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15065&highlight=Awards

(P.S Julian I will get to posting in the thread soon, went away for a few days)

How can we remember if we never knew? o_O

I do agree that it can be disappointing... but I still think they are fun
I really like the personal best idea... each of us pick three posts from all our characters and let others decide which they think is best... props to Laura!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 29th, 2007, 11:25:14 PM
I myself dont think it's a good idea. I remember being disappointed last time when I didn't win. I think it's a big popularity contest, and regardless, people will get hurt, and they will probably be "crybabies" about it. I do admit now, when I put my best typing forward and come up with the best I can for RP and get overlooked, it pisses me off a little bit. Just my two cents ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and I should add, I am indeed a sore loser :P

The personal best is a good idea too, time to make more little bald guys. :p