PDA

View Full Version : Guardians needed!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:03:38 PM
Now that it seems there are two adult Lupines running about the galaxy, we are in need of Guardians. Mr. Dust has pretty much disappeared, and has little time to visit the boards at all anymore, and so that leaves an approximate zero Guardian presence to stand up to the 'Lupine menace' :p

Arya and I are looking for some really good stories to write with whoever may be interested, and while the Lupines have largely died out, the Guardians have not.

Now, there are a few things to remember about Guardians should you choose to RP one. Namely, they are generally named after a prominent force power; Mr. Dust, Mr. Flux, Mr. Quick, and Mr. Pulse to name a few of the past Guardians that have registered.

If you have any question, more can be found on them in the Lupine ntry of the wiki, and if there is a specific question you have, just ask :)

Thanks in advance!!

Alexander Bane
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:33:56 PM
This interests me. I might create a Guardian, although I will admit that I am utterly uneducated as to what it all entails, but I did read the wiki and lets hope I understand it enough to get it right.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:44:35 PM
Pretty much the best guideline I can think of when playing them is that they are very proper, and their manners are impeccable. You know, kind of like old English society, etc.

Alexander Bane
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:51:39 PM
So, the Guardians name themselves over a prominent force power, right? Would you happen to know what the powers of the previous guardians are? I can guess some of them by their names, such as Mr. Speed, but some of the others evade me. I would prefer that my Guardian had a different prominent power then the other guardians.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:05:34 PM
Mr. Dust - has the ability to become ethereal/phase out of the physical realm
Mr. Flux - can control energy
Mr. Quick - crazy fast
Mr. Blind - blind in eyesight, but made up with Force sight
Mr. Pulse - I don't remember exactly what his was, but I do remember that he had a pair of matching slugthrowers with silver bullets

Those are the ones that I can remember. I hope it helps :)

Mr. Feint
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:51:12 PM
The illusionist, Mr. Feint, at your service.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:23:02 PM
Sweet :D

Arya needs an introduction to Guardians, if you'd be game. As soon as Holly wakes up from her nap, we can get to work on either getting you into the history thread, or starting a whole new one :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:33:38 PM
I'm not sure I can say no to the chance to chase after you crazy Lupines.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:35:50 PM
Oho, two against two, eh? >D

Mr. Feint
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:43:50 PM
The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

I really have no clue where to even start with this character.

Bay Nova
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:45:11 PM
Oh oh! This looks fun. Care for a third? :D

Ms. Trance
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:48:42 PM
And here we are.

Mr. Sandman at your service.

Mr. Feint
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:51:32 PM
Sandman, eh? Do you bury people in the sand up to their necks and then bust out your cricket bats?

Ms. Trance
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:56:22 PM
Nothing quite so crude, I assure you. :)

I have the power to soothe the savage beasts.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:56:55 PM
Here's a link to a thread for anyone who is interested in seeing how a typical Guardian acts:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14970&highlight=Lupine

Also, if you search ClassicFans for any of the Mr. Names; Mr. Flux, Mr. Dust, etc, you will be able to find other very good resources.

I do know that for a future thread, I would need to have s'Il go to the Guardian's homeworld and try to gain access to their historical records, looking for any evidence of why the Lupines became unable to reproduce. So if anyone is interested in taking on the mantle of a Guardian recorder, just let me know so I can PM you the details :)

Mr. Brute
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:57:52 PM
Mr. Brute here, for all your demolition needs :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:02:18 PM
Guardians are good for nothing but servitude and a fine meal, just to let you all know :wofl

Mr. Feint
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:03:03 PM
Question: do Guardians work together or alone?

EDIT: Although I don't think I up for such a position, I believe that the role of a chronicler of the Guardians would fit nicely in with Mr. Feint's dominant power of Illusions, which is hiding the truth, which is what history is supposed to be, the truth. Kind of backwards logic there, but logic all the same... maybe. Yeah, so I'd take the chronicler position.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:07:06 PM
Either or. It's all up to you and how you wish to play the character.

EDIT - In the past, the Guardians had all been variations of the bad guys from Dark City. I do wish to stay at least loosely in style with the pale skin and dark clothes theme; black and white, cleancut, proper, tea and crumpets, stuff like that.

I'll Pm you, Feint :)

Ms. Trance
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:22:21 PM
On second thoughts...

Same powers, different gender. :)

Mr. Brute
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:37:03 PM
I think it'd be more fun to work together, personally.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:41:38 PM
Ganging up on two poor Lupines? Bad form, Mr. Brute! :p

Mr. Feint
Jun 25th, 2007, 04:42:10 PM
But we are gentlemen, and as gentlemen we only fight the little ladies one at a time. No ganging up. Bad form.

But I have wondered this and forget to ask it ealier, but are the Guardians physically just humans with a great grasp of the force, or are they something more then humans?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 05:08:44 PM
Hrm, good question. In my time RPing with Dust, I don't think he intended for them to be anything more than humanoids with specialized uses in the Force and particularly crafty in their weapons and manner of dealing with Lupines.

For instance, the hats that they typically wore were lined with cortosis, and many crafted their sabrehilts with silver. Being that Lupines have a very bad reaction when coming in contact with silver and cortosis, those two were often the most used materials in a Guardian's arsenal.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:21:36 PM
I think as none of the Guardians really know there are any Lupines left alive, it'll be better if we just run into one at first.

Then after that encounter the one can go back and be like "hay guys, there are Lupines out there after all! We better keep an eye on them!"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:24:15 PM
This makes sense.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:28:20 PM
Mr. Dust did encounter s'Il on Cathar in the past, but since he's been gone for so long, let's just say that he never filed a report or whatever it is Guardians do ;)

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:33:50 PM
Ok well maybe they know there's one, but a Loveloxx!?

The Guardians would be upset to find a chaos Lupine running around.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:40:34 PM
I figure I'll leave that up to the guardians. If they know about s'Il, that is fine. Perhaps they figured it best to just leave her be and live until she died on Cathar. Or, if they preferred to go the no knowledge route, I'm fine with that as well.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there'll be two Lupines running very amock very soon :p

Mr. Brute
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:21:49 AM
These characters could be like, the new generation of Guardians, with very little experience out in the field and have just spent time training back wherever the base is. With Dust not having sent back information on S'il, the'd be none the wiser.

Ms. Trance
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:49:50 AM
I'm certainly going to be playing this character as inexperienced, perhaps not yet even finished her 'training' with the Guardians. She will be eager to prove herself, though.

Mr. Brute
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:54:04 AM
Well, say Feint is the one to discover the "Lupine menace", then that would perhaps allow Trance and Brute to be hurried out of training and thrust into the big, wide galaxy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 26th, 2007, 09:13:36 AM
I'm working on a planetary history - where the Lupines and Guardians are in relation to each other, what the Guardian world is like, and other related stuff right now. It will be up in the wiki shortly.

Mr. Feint
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:39:40 PM
As the Chronicler of the Guardians, Feint would not be to experienced in combat, seeing as he's spent most of his life on the Guardian planet in the library, but he would likely be wiser and more cool headed then Brute and Trance.

Although Dust never sent a message back to the Guardians informing them that he had found a Lupine, ie S'Il, they would likely still have him report back his current position, and the Guardians would be able to see that he spent a long time on Cathar, too long for not having found anything to keep him there for so long. Thus, the Guardians might mount an investigation, seeing as Dust has disappeared now.

I'm really unsure as to how the Guardians are going to bump into S'Il and Arya, but I'm all up for that Guardian being Feint. A fight might not even break out, but the knowledge of there being Lupines at large would be reported back to the Guardian homeworld and then a lot more Guardians would be sent out into the galaxy.

Which planet are Lok and Arya on right now, and which planet do you indent for them to run into a Guardian?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:55:04 PM
Well, they're on their way to Hoth at the moment to retrieve s'Il's shuttle.

I do like the thought of a confrontation that didn't result in a fight, to let the Guardian's know that there at least is still one Lupine alive.

What if Mr. Feint travels to Cathar after the issue of Dust being there for so long, and confronts s'Il in her library in the Losstarot Citadel? It would be a thread set maybe 8 years in the past, and might be a good way to introduce the two. After which of course, Feint would have gone back and reported his findings. Maybe advised to leave the Lupine alone to die of old age on a desert planet? Of course, that changes as soon as word comes out that she's left her elf-imposed exile, and would give the other Guardians the opening to give chase.

In the thread that started the chain of events in Bringing History to Life, s'Il was exploring a Su'beate stronghold on Hoth. Maybe the Guardians placed a call-beacon or whatnot in the stronghold to alert them if anyone trespassed?

Also, even if you guys are looking for a random fight or some fun mayhem, I certainly won't object to one of you starting a thread for the heck of it :)

Mr. Feint
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:18:30 PM
I like that idea. Feint would definately be one to go in to take the problem from a hands on approach. He would also be more inclined to talk rather then fight, seeing as his proficiency in combat is somewhat lacking. He might play some mind games, should the situation demand it, and possibly hint at that he knows why the Lupines no longer reproduce, which could be something S'Il has carried with her all this time and causes her to go to the Guardian Homeworld and possibly seek out Feint specifically to find out the truth, unless she already knows that the Guardians know what happened to the Lupines. I do not know if Dust or any of the other Guardians ever told S'Il that they actually know what happened.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:24:16 PM
She would have no clue about the Guardians knowing the cause behind the Lupine extinction.

Her adopted father is actually a Guardian, as odd as that sounds, but he never told her the reason, and neither did Dust :)

Mr. Feint
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:28:58 PM
Oh, good. Then Feint can drop a hint, possibly on his way out, and leave S'Il wondering. That could push her to coming to the Guardian homeworld. Otherwise, I really can't see her taking such a great risk as to coming to the Guardian Homeworld without knowing that the Guardians know something.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:51:55 PM
Exactly :D

Also, I've added the planetary history of the Figaro System. I still need to reorder a few things in the Lupine entry, and give the Guardians their own page possibly, but for right now it's all in there.

Ambrose Braeden
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:09:48 PM
I am not sure if there would be any interest in the matter but how about an old rival. A Vampire that is willing to stand up against your lycans?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2007, 09:00:48 PM
The Lupines have no history with any Star Wars vampiric species.

If you want to play a Victorian-style vampire you should try World of Darkness. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2007, 09:02:05 PM
Yes, the World of Darkness, for all your Anne Ri-errr... on second thoughts :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2007, 09:09:03 PM
No Anne Rice!

We don't want her suing us. Plus World of Darkness is cooler. ;)

Mr. Feint
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:14:14 PM
Thread is up, S'Il.

Remnants of Autumn (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=233532#post233532)

Mr. Feint
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:27:56 AM
The thread is finished, and I must say it was quite a lot of fun. I especially love S'Il's reaction at the end. Very realistic. Good job S'Il.

Do we currently have any other plans, er, planned for the Guardians? I know we discussed S'Il coming to the Guardian Homeworld, which should involve a few of the other Guardians if they want to make appearences, seeing as the whole planet would be up and about once the rumors of a Lupine on the planet spreads.

I'm curious, though, if you guys enjoy where I'm taking Feint. I kind of changed it all as I went. I originally was going to make a very hard, mean person, but instead he came out as softy who's life goal is the gathering of knowledge for the Guardian library and the survival of the Lupine race. He has realized that once the Lupines are dead that the Guardians will die as well, seeing as their entire existence is centered around the destruction of the Lupines and protecting other's from the Lupines. Whether or not that would happen hardly matters, as that is what he believes. He's a very different kind of Guardian. I wuv him *Huggles Feint*

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:07:27 AM
Thanks :D I had a blast writing with you; we must do it again :p

I did have a thought about Arya finally meeting the Guardians, and was gonna PM it to her, but I'm gonna put it here since this involves all of us pretty much.

How Holly and I wanted to approach the situation was that Arya would be exposed to the Guardians before s'Il had a chance to tell her exactly who they were and what they did/do. Now, the set-up I was thinking was, that once Arya and s'Il get s'Il's shuttle back, they return to Layla, and s'Il decides to temporarily leave Sanis, taking Tak with her and going with Arya back to Cathar. This is a bit of a risk on s'Il's part, but one that she is willing to take.

They all pretty uch stay at the citadel, and spend days going through notes and books and journals trying to find information about Arya's family. What I'd thought of was this; Mr. Feint can come back, and since from what I gathered from your post and how he thought of s'Il, maybe he's come back to 'test' her again? Either way, perhaps other Guardians come with him; Mr. Brute and Ms. Trance.

Cue the fight scene between Arya and the Guardians, with the exception of Feint who it seems you're pulling to be a scholar rather than a fighter. This also gives the opportunity for Feint to see that s'Il has been able to have a daughter :p

That's the basic idea, I'll let everyone else flesh out the details :)

And man, I'm loving how you're playing Feint. The softer edge is really different, and it's fun to read as well. Gives me an idea for some future developments and a possible proposition from s'Il to Feint regarding a rather sensitive matter.

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 4th, 2007, 03:17:10 PM
Oh, Arya is certainly ready to kick some patootie.

Here's my thoughts for History: We'll end with jumping into the Hoth system.

Next thread we'll pick up after s'Il has located Sanis and recovered Tak, and is meeting Arya and Sol... and Bay *SIGH* ;)... on Cathar.

But Vega has left a tracking device on Arya's ship that she never found, so he can show up toooooo. Ecks might even join in on the Cathar story arc later, as he'll be tracking The Black Cat shuttle.

Mr. Feint
Jul 4th, 2007, 03:46:54 PM
Yes. Feint could return with Brute and Trance in tow. His first meeting with S'Il was a sort of mental test, to see if she was "nice" enough to meet his expectations, which she was not, by his standards. He was also rather distressed about Dust, and despite his disbelief in what she said, he went straight to the Soul Gate regardless for a brief search for Dust, all tying into why he left so quickly instead of testing her futher the first time.

Now he's returning after being unable to locate another Lupine. He's brought the rather inexperienced Mr. Brute and Ms. Trance along to give them some field exercise. A fight might break out, it really depends on how they all react to each other. If a fight does break out then Feint will not be joining in on it unless he has to. He detests violence. If a fight evolves then Brute and Trance can fight and Feint will watch, perhaps as a physical test of S'Il.

Seeing her with a child, though, will send him racing back to the Guardian homeworld to pour over old texts. A lupine should not be able to have children, so he will instantly believe there is something wrong with the old records and he will spent a long time looking through the records, trying to find any loopholes or falacies. Thus he would still be there looking over the aforementioned records when S'Il does come to the Guardian homeworld.

If Vega joins in then Brute and Trance would have a definate fight, as I can hardly see Vega showing any restraint, a fight that Feint may even join into in order to protect others from Vega. I dunno about Ecks, though.

I need to stock up on lightsabre resistant silver...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2007, 03:49:32 PM
Vega probably won't, though I'll leave that up to Jen. Maybe he'll rescue Arya from the Guardians. ;) We do need to figure out how to get the medallion back to Arya after all.

If the guardians run into Arya alone, and one uses the Force, they'll certainly have a fight on their hands. :wofl But if they know what to do around a Loveloxx Lupine, they still might have a fight on their hands because Arya is sort of headstrong and won't know what they're talking about. :D

Arya is going to meet them alone though, Lok will be nearby but not there.

Mr. Feint
Jul 4th, 2007, 03:57:39 PM
It's perfectly possible for Brute or Trance to jump the gun and start a fight before Feint can stop them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2007, 05:29:05 PM
Oh, Arya can start the fight on her own, no worries there. :) You guys just need to be snobby. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2007, 05:31:51 PM
Trance wouldn't start the fight. :)

As for Vega... well, if you'd like him involved, he can make a cameo. If not, I don't mind.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:19:58 AM
Figuring out how to get the medallion back should be easy, but I won't get ahead of myself until we get a little closer to that point in the story.

I do have a question though. Seeing Feint again will really make s'Il want to dang near interrogate him; not through cruelty or anything, but she'll certainly have a lot of questions. Now, since you say he would watch s'Il fight to test her physical abilities, what if she refused to indulge him? Because the only thing I can think of that'd make her resort to blows would be if either Tak were threatened or Arya was in danger of dying.

Mr. Brute
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:22:41 AM
*beats chest* It's pummeling time! Hehe. I think Brute would get bored of talking pretty soon and start a fight :D

Mr. Feint
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:39:41 PM
I'm starting to think that maybe Feint should not go back to Cathar, because it would invoke S'Il to, as you say, interrogate him to find out what he knows. It's possible that Feint sents Trance and Brute in his place and a fight evolves when Brute loses patience. That idea seems more logical to me, but it removes Feint too much from the story and he would be more likely to notice the importance of Tak then the other Guardians.

My other idea is that Feint is there, but he's overseeing from afar rather then walking right in. He could be moving along rooftops using his illusionary powers to mask himself and make himself invisible to S'Il, Arya, and whomever else. That way he's not there for S'Il to interrogate and pester. Although, at some point, he may show himself, but that would probably be near the end of the thread as the Guardians are leaving. He would be watching S'Il to see how she reacts to more then one Guardian, as he was rather disapointed with how she reacted to him. The fight would be his intentions, but he won't stop Brute as he is curious enough to see how S'Il is physically.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:47:48 PM
Feint being there and watching from afar sounds good to me :)