POSTING ORDER:

Kelly Perris- you are up!
Sara Slesser
Alison Fallon
Laura MuSatach
The Dog
Chuck Jackson
Takashi Koji

Hey I would like 5 or 6 volunteers to take part in a one-shot RP. You'd be playing characters in a haunted house senario. I will be playing the gamemaster/narrator, and generally trying to scare your characters to their deaths. Bwahahaa! :wings

Ok so post if you want in. It will take place in General RP and don't register a new name for this, just pick one of the accounts you already have. DO create a new character to fit into the RP, however.

THREAD HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16635)

Setting: Modern day

Reason you're in the house: Ultimately up to you, but the house is a well known haunt, has its own website on the internet and is the subject of much speculation. The characters are taking part in a television reality show, but it is set up like Big Brother where there are no actual cameramen etc in the house with you. The character that lasts the longest in the house will win a lot of money.

Eliminations: No, this isn't referring to how the characters will go to the bathroom in the RP. All or at the least most of the characters in this RP will meet their deaths. I'll post polls in this forum to allow the readers of the RP to pick what order you all go out in. Its up to you to meet your untimely ends with style. ;)

Participants:
Laura Anne MuSatach - Freelance Investigative Paranormal Journalist. "It's all bunk!" Out to prove that all spooks, ghoulies and other ethereal creepy crawly voo doo children are nothing but the result of overactive imaginations of nincompoops. Graduated with a degree in journalism from Northwestern, has been published in the NY Times, the Washington Post and is constantly mis-quoted by the National Enquirer. Never married, no kids and just quit smoking. Arrived
Sara Slesser - An art-school undergraduate. Moved cross-country from Montana to attend New York City's prestigious Pratt Institute. Finding it difficult balancing her school work and a part-time job, and with no chance of receiving financial support from her family, she needs a lot of cash – and fast. Arrived
Charles "Chuck" Jackson - Hippy? Arrived
Alison Fallon - Wiccan High Priestess from Salem, Massachusetts. Hyper-sensitive to paranormal activity, believes that she can help dispel the negative energy within the house and help the trapped spirits within pass on to the other side. Arrived
Kelly Perris - Ruthless corporate executive, former Chippendale's boy, two failed marriages, one overtly rebellious teenage daughter, likes cheesy kung-fu movies and women...as long as they aren't more powerful than him. Arrived
Takashi Koji - A depressed youth from Japan, he came to American looking for something new and fresh to wake him up. Rather, he became what people today classify as "emo" and mostly keeps to himself. Anti-social to a fault, he really does not enjoy being around other people. Arrived
Dog - Three-year-old female German shepherd-collie mix. A neighborhood stray without a collar. ArrivedThe Wellerby Mansion
This will be information that your characters may or may not know, but is certainly widely available knowledge to anyone with access to Google.

Built in 1926 in the town of Springfield, __, by Mr. Thomas Wellerby, the mansion is four stories tall, plus an attic and basement. The house boasts a two story library that extends up from the first floor into the second but can only be accessed on the first floor and from Mr. Wellerby's old office on the second floor.

A central staircase winds up through the house, terminating in a circular 'tower' room that is level with the attic, but separate. There is also an old elevator, with room for one person, or two if they squeeze, next to the library on the first floor.

Floor by floor:
Basement - The basement is accessible from the kitchens on the first floor of the mansion. A wide staircase leads down. Whatever the basement was used for previously - storage mostly - it now holds the office and work area of the Springfield Restoration Society which holds the deed to the property. There is also a large wine cellar in the basement.
First Floor - Entry hall with main staircase, great room with large fireplace, library, sunroom, kitchens (dumb waiter up to master suite on fourth floor) and laundry (laundry chute which comes down from the fourth floor), mudroom, dining room, and a parlor.
Second Floor - Office, second floor of library (accessible through office), ballroom
Third Floor - Master suite (sitting room w/ fireplace, bedroom, bathroom), four guest suites (small versions of master suite), and other bedrooms
Fourth Floor - Servants quarters, butler's rooms (w/ fireplace), linen storage, etc. Access to attic via narrow staircase off of hallway
Attic - Storage - dusty collections, mirrors, old furniture, paintings, and other items awaiting cataloguing.The house was most recently owned by William Wellerby, Thomas' son. He was a miser, and died in 2001 at the age of 79. He willed the property to the Springfield Historical Society as he had no heirs. Since taking over ownership six years ago, the SHS has made slow progress in making sense of the mess William left behind him. They have been continually hampered by employees quitting, or just plain refusing to work in the house anymore.

Strange things have been seen and experienced, and most chalk it up to the restless spirit of Elizabeth Katherine Wellerby, William Wellerby's sister. Born two years before William, she died at the age of 17 in the house. She was found hanging from the bannister near the top of the main staircase. The family hushed it up and no record of any criminal investigation was found.

The family butler's name was Samuel St. John and he came to America from England in 1920, though from exactly where is not certain.

Thomas' wife was Isobel Wellerby, a woman from a fine Southern family. She was known for throwing wonderful social events at the mansion.

Thomas Wellerby made his money before the stock market crash in 1929, having already re-invested the bulk of his money by that fateful day. The family lived quite well during the entirety of the Depression (and its rumored that Thomas furthered his income during Prohibition by financing liquor smuggling and perhaps even owned a speakeasy). He was known for a sharp tongue and was a shrewd businessman.

Incidentally, it seems that nearly every single family member died in the mansion.

Mu Satach
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:42:17 AM
I'm in. >D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:41:03 AM
Yes! I would love to do this :)

Parsideon Denix
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:55:45 AM
This is cool. Sign me up.

Spectre
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:27:38 AM
Me me me! :D

Kelly Perris
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:17:00 AM
You can definetly count me in.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:30:46 PM
It sound so... Saw-ish. I am so up for this. And that makes six.

Calleh
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:31:22 PM
That's just as well, as I don't think I have time to join something like this, but I shall be watching with interest. :cool:

Wesley Paige
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:39:29 PM
I'd love to do something like this, but it looks like you have all the people you need! I can't wait to read it. Sounds great.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:25:32 PM
I'm open to allowing up to ten RPers to take part, but keep in mind I'm going to hold you to a strict posting order so this may take a while to complete.

Hopefully it'll be worth it. ;)

Adding my participants to the OP - if you don't mind, tell me what name you'll be participating under, and a one liner describing your character. Such as "Dasquian Belargic - College dropout currently working as a McDonalds assistant manager, all about nature and womens, but gots no game" :lol

Kelly Perris
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:42:38 PM
Kelly Perris - Ruthless corporate executive, former Chippendale's boy, two failed marriages, one overtly rebellious teenage daughter, likes cheesy kung-fu movies and women...as long as they aren't more powerful than him.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:07:57 PM
Details on house layout and 'background' coming soon. :)

Mu Satach
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:17:58 PM
Laura Anne MuSatach - Freelance Investigative Paranormal Journalist. "It's all bunk!" Out to prove that all spooks, ghoulies and other ethereal creepy crawly voo doo children are nothing but the result of overactive imaginations of nincompoops. Graduated with a degree in journalism from Northwestern, has been published in the NY Times, the Washington Post and is constantly mis-quoted by the National Enquirer. Never married, no kids and just quit smoking.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2007, 03:00:28 AM
Added information to the OP about the mansion you'll all be dying to get out of... er, into.

Spectre
Jun 23rd, 2007, 07:33:39 AM
Alison Fallon - Wiccan High Priestess from Salem, Massachusetts. Hyper-sensitive to paranormal activity, believes that she can help dispel the negative energy within the house and help the trapped spirits within pass on to the other side.

:D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 23rd, 2007, 08:36:43 AM
"Dasquian Belargic - College dropout currently working as a McDonalds assistant manager, all about nature and womens, but gots no game" :lol

:twak

Anyway...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/tehwofl/lost_translation.jpg

Sara Slesser - An art-school undergraduate. Moved cross-country from Montana to attend New York City's prestigious Pratt Institute. Finding it difficult balancing her school work and a part-time job, and with no chance of receiving financial support from her family, she needs a lot of cash – and fast.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 23rd, 2007, 10:56:49 AM
My character in this will be Takashi Koji, who's personality will mirror that of his X-Men RP counter-part, minus the superhuman powers.

A depressed youth from Japan, he came to American looking for something new and fresh to wake him up. Rather, he became what people today classify as "emo" and mostly keeps to himself. Anti-social to a fault, he really does not enjoy being around other people, but that doesn't stop him from joining in on the Haunted House survival game. The money is no object to him, he just wants an experience that will make him feel something for once.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:34:36 AM
Welcome, welcome :)

Btw if this is successful, there may be sequels, and then other people can get involved. :)

Cast of NPC characters:
Penelope Winston - President of the SHS, 32 years old, holds a Masters degree in history. Addicted to Diet Coke and clove cigarrettes, she resents the accusation that the house is haunted, despite seeing things she can't explain.
Robert "Bob" Powers - Penny's assistant, 24 years old, very "surfer dude" and laid back
Charles Case III - President of the RTV (reality TV) Cable channel. He green-lit the TV show
Tim Browning - Producer of _____, watching and overseeing the entire thing from the mobile command center placed in the expansive backyard of the estate.
Raymond Salvatore - Browning's assistant, considers himself a ladies man - a real latin lover
Tina Alcott - Hostess of the show - blonde bimbo/actress/model

Kale
Jun 23rd, 2007, 08:10:52 PM
I think I'll join after all. And I've got a character formula guaranteed to outlast the lot of you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/stormfyre/dog.jpg

Three-year-old female German shepherd-collie mix. A neighborhood stray without a collar. She'll come nosing around and slip in through the back door while everyone's going in and out.

First person to find her gets to name her. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2007, 08:13:43 PM
Awesome, I love it. :)

Charley
Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:02:57 PM
Looks like I don't have enough creativity to jump into this one, and I have been busy today. You guys go ahead :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2007, 10:52:18 PM
? So you want out? O_o

Charley
Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:07:31 PM
I'll figure something out to post. Just let me simmer and be creative.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:23:24 PM
Okay, here's how the intro posts are going to have to work.

First contestant, Kelly Perris, arrives. The next person to post needs to wait until we've gotten Mr. Perris into the house and for Tina to be outside waiting again before you post saying you're pulling up. Her speech will be the same every time, so feel free to RP it yourself if you want to. Also, you've probably been circling around in your limos for quite a while. ;)

After all the contestants are stowed into the house, the posting order will proceed in the order you arrived in. I will post whenever I like. :mneh

Any questions?

Mu Satach
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:14:15 AM
Where's the bathroom?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:15:51 AM
Down the hall to the left?

:p

Sam is actually working on drawing up plans for the mansion, so in a few days you should have an actual layout to look at. Thanks Sam!

Kelly Perris
Jun 25th, 2007, 06:20:17 PM
Next! Anyone who's ready and willing to show up on the scene after my nice behind. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:11:02 PM
If no one else has hopped in by tomorrow, I'll have Sara show up :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:12:20 PM
:whip get going people!

:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
Post please. :) Anyone.

Sam
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:54:43 PM
Down the hall to the left?

:p

Sam is actually working on drawing up plans for the mansion, so in a few days you should have an actual layout to look at. Thanks Sam!

Work kicked my patootie early this week, so I didn't get it done before vacation. But I'll bring my notes and graph paper along and work on it when I have the time.

Rhianna
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:28:21 AM
I'm ready to go whenever. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:30:56 PM
Let me get one post in, then you're up Rhi. :)

Rhianna
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:39:26 PM
Ooooh oooh okay! -gets all ready like-

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:13:11 PM
One note: You may roleplay your own characters thoughts and actions only in this RP. They may feel 'strange', or have the shivers, or however else they may react to whatever is going on around them, but actual spooks and scares will come from my posts.

And my NPCs are off limits. ;) Except for Tina in these opening posts as her lines are all the same, pretty much.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2007, 11:05:21 AM
Takashi Koji - you are up!

After he posts, the house rules will be laid out and your posting order will proceed in this fashion:

Kelly Perris
Sara Slesser
Alison Fallon
Laura MuSatach
The Dog
Chuck Jackson
Takashi Koji

I'll be gone until Saturday night, but Takashi, try to get your post up before then.;)

Takashi Koji
Jul 9th, 2007, 01:29:03 PM
I posted. Huzzah!

Terran Starek
Jul 9th, 2007, 01:54:37 PM
Is there anymore room left? I would love to get in on this - but only if there's a spot.

Reverend Jim Stokes

Jim Stokes was born in Claremore, Oklahoma. He was raised in Claremore, Oklahoma. He went to High School and then college (Junior College) in Claremore, Oklahoma. An average guy, with an average life, in an average small town, Jim became a Methodist Pastor and married his High School sweetheart, Janet Arnold. They moved to Topeka, Kansas, where they settled down, Jim taking his first church at the age of 22 and Janet giving birth to their first child, Jonathan. Two years later, they had another son - Lucas. Two years later, Jim's life fell apart.

The day Jim came home from a conference a day early to find his wife and the organist of his church in bed together ended his professional career in the ministry. Jim didn't say much. He simply told his wife that he was leaving "for awhile, but he'd be back." She just stared and cried. He hugged his kids and told them he loved them. Jim Stokes changed into a pair of old jeans and a beat up polo, packed an overnight bag with a few changes of clothes and some toiletries, and got in his 2001 Toyota Carolla and drove. He decided he'd spend some time talking to God. He had a few questions, anyhow. He decided to take a couple stops along the scenic route, to see some places he'd never seen before. One of those was an old "mannor." Sounded like a nice place to think.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2007, 05:43:24 PM
You can be in on the sequel. :)

Kelly Perris
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:41:44 AM
Buuuuuuuuuuumpity.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:02:40 AM
Who's turn is it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:24:32 AM
Kelly's.

Or mine. :uhoh

Razielle Alastor
Jul 24th, 2007, 09:21:21 AM
Holly Jolly, you are going in between all of us, yes?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:45:07 PM
Not always.

Feel free to post within the order that you arrived.

Jecht Tar
Aug 12th, 2007, 02:54:50 PM
Is this dead already?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2007, 04:33:24 PM
Waiting on you guys to post. :rolleyes

Captain Raurrssatta
Aug 12th, 2007, 08:14:20 PM
Waiting on guys above me

Mu Satach
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:27:53 AM
Same here, just waiting for the people ahead of me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:40:08 PM
:Poke that means you, Jenny ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 30th, 2008, 05:19:53 PM
Just so you all know - you suck.

:cry

Rhianna
Jan 30th, 2008, 06:29:49 PM
I was waiting on Jen Jen since you wanted us to go in order, but as we (our characters) are sharing a room, I will go first and set us up a wee scene so that the next people can go, if you want?

It's your show Holly Jolly. :)

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 30th, 2008, 06:39:36 PM
Hah, and here I was thinking that i'd scared everyone off.

Joking, joking. I eagarly await your replies so that we can all post again. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:01:23 PM
It would be cool if Jen would post - all of your characters are in the library currently. Mebbe everyone should read the RP again so we all start on the same page as we left. :)

But I think we're beyond waiting on Sara, so whoever wants to go next can, ok? :)

Razielle Alastor
Jan 31st, 2008, 10:42:02 AM
Oh jeez, I thought we were supposed to head to our rooms first. I'm all lost. |I

Mu Satach
Jan 31st, 2008, 04:18:50 PM
I think we'll know who the first victim will be...
*looks at Sara*

;)

Razielle Alastor
Jan 31st, 2008, 04:24:51 PM
Oh great, I share a room with a soon to be corpse. Nice.:p

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 31st, 2008, 05:09:10 PM
*falls over*

Somebody posted... O_o

Razielle Alastor
Jan 31st, 2008, 05:18:48 PM
That was me. ;)

Mu Satach
Jan 31st, 2008, 09:00:42 PM
Huzzah! It lives.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 1st, 2008, 02:23:35 AM
Yay!! :D

It's... aliiiiiive!!!

Ilias Nytrau
Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:02:40 AM
And our supposed 'soon-to-be' corpse posted, too. :p

Mu Satach
Feb 2nd, 2008, 06:38:58 PM
*holds out a doggy treat & whistles*

Here girl...

Kale
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:24:28 PM
Arf arf! :wofl

EDIT: Charley's up. :)

Razielle Alastor
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:25:54 PM
I can't wait for the spookies! :eee

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:18:07 AM
I need to dig out the notebook I wrote all my notes down in - packing up an office means I sort of have... boxed everything up. :uhoh

Patience Darklighter
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:16:54 PM
hey cool I'm up!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:57:41 AM
So post already :)

Mu Satach
Feb 11th, 2008, 10:49:13 AM
I think the "hippy" is stoned. ;)

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 10:59:54 AM
:lol Oh lord...:p

Byl Laprovik
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:18:38 AM
>_< guys I am sorry I've been extremely busy of late. I'll go post now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:08:13 PM
I realize that this thread is dead. :p Looks like the RP itself was the first victim of the ghost. :(

But because I put a lot of work into my planning for this RP, here's everything I wrote up about it, in spoiler form.

The Wellerby House

Mr. Thomas Wellerby (born 1891) built the house in 1925. He made his fortune in the stock market, but invested wisely and did not suffer greatly during the Crash and Depression.

His public image was that of a shrewd businessman. He did not spare people's feelings when it came to speaking his mind. Privately he was a mean drunk, and beat his wife and kids in fits of rage.

During Prohibition he made money running booze.

Mrs. Isobel Wellerby (born 1899) was a proper Southern Belle. Isobel married young, and for the money. Wiling to overlook just about anything as long as people looked up to her family, Isobel helped her husband Thomjas socially by hosting dinner parties and socials at their home.

Elizabeth Kathering Wellerby (born 1920) - the daughter and the 'haunting spirit.' Quiet, some might say oppressed, Elizabeth loved to write, which was frowned upon by her mother. Not much is known about her except that when she was seventeen she was foung at the top of the central staircase, hung by the next from the bannister.

William Wellerby (born 1922) was the only son of Thomas and Isobel, and two years younger than Elizabeth. Very smart, William followed his father into the money lending and investment business, though his later life was marred with scandal and rumors of sadism. he lived in the house with minimal servants until his death in 2001 at the age of seventy-nine.

He left the house to the Springfield Historical Society, who are slowly restoring the building. For the last six years the society has been plagued with 'hauntings' from mists and lights to apparitions.

WHAT HAPPENED
in 1920 Isobel Wellerby gave birth to twins - Elizabeth Katherine and Mary Imogene. Both girls were beaten and molested by their father, Thomas.

Thirteen year old Mary sought refuge in her mind. Fearing social retributions, Isobel made Mary live in the servants quarters where she was hidden from everyone.

The butler, Samuel St. John, who was having an affair with Isobel, befriended Mary. Though she didn't talk any more, Mary began to love Samuel who was nearly thirty years her senior. Elizabeth handled herself better, though she was no less traumatized by her father's abuse.
Eleven year old William used to visit Mary until Isobel forbid it. His father ignored William for the most part, and the boy grew to resent the attention that his sisters received. At the age of fifteen Mary was found in her bed, stabbed to death. She was buried out back by St.John at the behest of Isobel.

Elizabeth, while engaging and pleasant in the company of strangers, began writing increasingly disturbing things in her diary after the death of her twin. After two years she apparently committed suicide - hanging herself just below the tower room from the railing of the central staircase.

William hung Elizabeth.

Isobel stabbed Mary. She resented Mary's relationship with St.John, though it was totally platonic and fatherly. Elizabeth figured it out and told her brother. Fifteen year old William choked her to death, then tried to stage the suicide to cover it up.

Thomas drank himself to death over the years, dyingin the office during a party at the age of sixty-three (1954). Isobel lived into her eighties, controlling William until he couldn't stand it anymore, and poisoned her afternoon tea in 1980.

Arabella Balfour
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:54:14 PM
:( that sucks, I really wanted to do that thread.

Awesome story though, if disturbing... <_<

Blind Molly
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:06:47 PM
My contestants stopped posting :\

Arabella Balfour
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:15:01 PM
hmm...by rights we should kill them all of and I should win. :D

Ilias Nytrau
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:11:04 PM
I had like...the last post. Or one of the last posts. It's NOT my turn. :rolleyes

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:45:26 PM
actually I think it is, Kelly. ;)

Anita Stern
Sep 10th, 2008, 12:34:18 AM
I uh...I think you're right about that. :uhoh

Maybe update the OP, so it's keep-track-of-able? And I'll fashion up a post sometime in the very near future.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 10th, 2008, 12:37:58 AM
I was updating it at one point... but I didn't think people were paying attention :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2008, 07:42:29 AM
this was a neat idea.