PDA

View Full Version : hooray for...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:01:35 PM
... cornea-eating infections!

I don't know how it happened, but it started last night at work and just got worse and worse. It feels like I've got sand in my eye, and it's watering like nobody's business. I figured if I washed it out, then slept, it'd go away *le sigh*

No such luck.

So now I get to put drops in my eye once every two hours today, and once every four hours after that.

Just call me Ole One-Eye :(

THIS IS NOW A RANT

Lucilla Marzullo
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:04:32 PM
Aww that sucks...I hope it feels better soon. I'm sure the eyedrops help though.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:24:40 PM
Thanks.

At first he thought it was a scratch or a corneal ulcer. And boy do I wish I had some of the numbing eye stuff he gave me; that stuff was tits. He prescribed me vigamox, so I'll be sans one contact for a few weeks or so. Which sucks, since that means Charley has to drive me to and from work for a while.

I'm going back in this Saturday for a followup, and I don't foresee (ha) too many problems since I caught it so early.

Lars Marzullo
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:28:25 PM
Get better soon.

What that happens to me, it usually goes away in a few hours, not more than a day.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:32:40 PM
So now you're going to be like s'Il even more IRL? ;)

Get better. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:33:44 PM
I knew someone was gonna say that :p

Razielle Alastor
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:27:09 PM
^ that was coming..

Hope you feel better!

On the subject but off, when I worked at Disney, I worked with one of the glass blower guys and had a tiny shard get logged in my eye that scratched the poop out of my cornea and gave me a rather nasty infection that I had for a blasted year.

Thank you Mickey, thank you... :p

But anyways, I know it sucks. Don't rub it! :D

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:35:47 PM
Spoon.

Knife.

Problem solved.

Mu Satach
Jun 21st, 2007, 06:14:30 PM
Ouch. :hug

Well, look on the bright side, at least it wasn't that parasite thing that was in the cleaning solutions they did the recall for a few weeks a go.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 21st, 2007, 10:25:49 PM
Ok so, I'm not going to work tonight. I did go in to fill out an accident report form though, and was told that I probably won't be going back until everything is healed.

You guys are great :)

And Razzy, I'm not rubbing it. Though I am dapping it with tissues since it's leaking so badly. I keep telling myself it's the antibiotics that're doing it.

Karl Valten
Jun 21st, 2007, 11:08:26 PM
Eww, sorry to hear that.

:hug

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 21st, 2007, 11:37:29 PM
Eck not fun at all. Hope it gets better fast. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:25:03 AM
Awww! Feel better soon. :hug

And dammit I don't want to work tomorrow. Think I can use "cornea eating infection" as an excuse?

I had a roommate use me as an excuse to get out of work one time - she told her boss that she'd been up all night at the hospital with me because I had kidney stones. :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:51:15 AM
And dammit I don't want to work tomorrow. Think I can use "cornea eating infection" as an excuse?

I'll send you my note when I'm done with it, but you'll have to figure out how to explain to your boss that your eye doctor is in Alabama ;)

Laodice Laos
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:59:57 AM
Poor you. :(

This is your eye telling you all subtle-like that you need a vacation.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:07:25 AM
Man, I wish my eye could've thought of a better way to tell me :( This stinging is killing me. And the watering... oh man.

I'm going back in right now to get my note (and hopefully some of the numbing stuff), and I'm gonna pick up an eyepatch while I'm there. There will be pictures :p

Morgan Evanar
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:54:50 AM
You now have a great excuse for a pirate themed wedding.

Laodice Laos
Jun 23rd, 2007, 01:46:42 AM
Accents required. Argh!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 23rd, 2007, 02:22:15 AM
Pirate-speak will be a requirement, and if ye don't, ye'll be walkin' the plank, me 'earty!

*sniff* This eyepatch makes me miss Rama ^_^;

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 23rd, 2007, 03:07:39 AM
Pirate-speak will be a requirement, and if ye don't, ye'll be walkin' the plank, me 'earty!

*sniff* This eyepatch makes me miss Rama ^_^;

Ahhh screw pirates, ninjas, zombies and other Internet played out rot. You are to me a true Bond villain - except you don't monologue. You are.... Goldenkitty*

*Pity the censor wont allow me to type it properly......

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:33:31 AM
Off to the doc for my follow-up.

I'm not wearing the eyepatch today since after yesterday, my eye got way too sensitive to light and basically turned into Little Miss Molly Coddled. None of that on my watch (haha, I made a pun).

Yog
Jun 23rd, 2007, 01:40:52 PM
Your avatar seems very appropriate considering the situation..

Hope you get better soon! :glomp

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 23rd, 2007, 03:59:54 PM
Thanks Yog :hug

The doctor says it's better, but not as much as he'd hoped. So I get to go back in on Monday, and won't be going to work Sunday night.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:39:49 PM
Today's followup was much better. It's pretty much healed up, but I'll have a scar on my eye, right through the center of my pupil. Tonight is the last night I'm taking off of work, so thankfully I'll be back in nightshift action come tomorrow night :D ... :| ... :\

Morgan Evanar
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:35:42 PM
That's good news. No cyclops on Fans.

Laodice Laos
Jun 25th, 2007, 04:29:23 PM
Yay! :hug

Although Fans would do nothing but benefit from it's own cyclops. Keep the patch, you can fake it until someone goes on holiday to Thrinacia.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2007, 05:12:07 PM
Haha, you can bet I'm keeping the eyepatch. I still want to fix it up General Chang style ;)

And free glomps for Morg!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:18:57 PM
Yay, glad you're getting all better. :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:25:52 AM
And the saga continues!

Ok, for a little background, where I work you're allowed 17 hours of unscheduled time off. If you go over, you get a writeup.

Now, when this whole stupid thing started, what had happened was I was cleaning a reed on a loom with WD-40. Now, I know a small bit of the stuff got in my eye, because before it was fine, but as I was doing it I could feel something get blown into my eye. It started stinging, and for the rest of the night it was irritated and stung mildly.

I told the doctor this, and I told the gal from work who called the same thing. The gal from work was one of the nurses for Phifer who was one of the people who decided whether workman's comp would be applicable. She told me no, it was not because it was all my contact's fault. I didn't press the issue because I felt this incident, while very much work related, was just one of those things that no one had control over. Too many people there take advantage of workman's comp, and I didn't feel like it would be swell to take advantage of the company's dime for something that was really no one's fault.

I had my doctor's notes, after all. I was under the care of a physician.

Yeah well.

Today I got a writeup for going over my seventeen hours. Fantastic, I tell you. Utterly fantastic. Here I go, take a three day cut out of my paychecks because of I don't want to cost the company money, and I'm the one who get's disciplinary action?! Horserot. I'm going to HR and this is getting taken care of. They know what happened, my doctor knows, and I know. I had two supervisors tell me not to come back to work until it was completely healed; hell, I came back two days before it was healed because not only could I not take the no money issue, but they needed me back.

I still can't believe this. I mean, I haven't gotten a writeup in all the time I've worked here, and I'm one of the few people there who actually cares about the work that I do. And even if this may seem trivial, it still bugs the crap out of me. My supervisor told me 'well, it's just a writeup, you don't have any others', and all I could tell him was that I don't want any, period.

aiuhgskjgb

Morgan Evanar
Jun 29th, 2007, 12:38:25 PM
That is BS and I wish you luck getting everything straightened out.

Yog
Jun 29th, 2007, 12:40:11 PM
That just sucks and is stupid as hell :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:55:15 PM
Tell them to straighten it out or you're giving your two weeks notice.

Then get a job where you don't have to work nights or on heavy machinery. :hug And live happily ever after.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 29th, 2007, 08:18:16 PM
wow... I am writing my microbiology project on this bug that you had s'il. O_o I am very happy that you caught this in time because if you hadn't... well, I've seen the results ... >_<

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:14:13 PM
Ok, so here's the odd thing; I actually really do enjoy working at Phifer. I like the people I work with and I think the company itself has alot of potential.

And holy moly, I remember looking up corneal ulcer on google sometime last week. Oh gawd the pictures :cry

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:22:59 PM
aw, that sucks :(. I hope your issues at Phifer work themselves out. I always feel really good for people who like their jobs.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:55:54 PM
BUT NIGHTS!!!

:x you need to get on a proper schedule you vampire you.