PDA

View Full Version : I is employed!

Zereth Lancer
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:34:08 PM
Yes. I am not officially employed. Where am I employed? Well..... At Fred Meyers, which is a "one stop store" to those of you who might be unfamiliar with the name. Basically, it's a retail store then sells everything, from groceries to electronics, clothing to sporting goods. Of course, I have to start out at the bottom of the totem pole, but at least I'm one step up starting out. Huzzah!

Yes. My position is Food Clerk, but I am still unsure as to what full extent of the position, or what I'll be doing. I went in for basic orientation today, making money the whole time, and I'll be going in for the more hands on orientation tomorrow, and more training after that. Thankfully, Fred Meyers offers a lot in the way of promotions. Give me a few years, and I could be up at the top hobnobbing with the nobs.

Oh, and I can make money stopping shop lifters. How awesome is that? It's like being a bounty hunter!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:36:13 PM
:shakefist I wish I was employed. Damn summer, robbing me of my regular income.

Get hunting those 'lifters!

Mu Satach
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:40:39 PM
Congrats on the jobby job!

Mitch
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:41:58 PM
I miss Fred Meyers! Darn you, northwest, darn youuuu!

I'm stuck here in SoCal with nothing but Wal-Mart and Target. I miss a quality one-stop shopping experience!

And the clearance sales. Man I miss those clearance sales...

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:42:09 PM
Hooray for employment. Just remember that you're not supposed to eat the customers and you should be fine.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:50:23 PM
It's awesome. I'll be able to scrog such good deals on clothing. I'll get a discount, like 20-25% off on apparel, and I can mix that up with coupons. Thus, I can get something off the clearance rack for dirt. The discounts on other items are a bit lower, but discounts of any kind are totally awesome, especially since I do most of my shopping at Fred Meyers.

Today I got to meet with the Fred Meyer secret police. IE, Shawn and Paul, the guys who walk around in casual clothing so they can nab them 'lifters. Technically, I am not allowed to do anything to shop lifters beyond calling Shawn and Paul and having them crack down on the 'lifters heads. Although, if I do report in a shoplifter, and the shoplifter gets caught, I get 10% of the total price of the almost stolen merchandise up to a maximum of $100. Pretty awesome. I must just skip the work and just sit around looking for 'lifters.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:36:57 PM
Hey, congrats! Its the FM by your house, right?

Maybe I'll stop by sometime*. :) Have to see how the nephew is getting on.

*For some discounts on clothes.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:55:59 PM
After you've been there for long enough, what are your chances of getting on the Loss Prevention squad?

Zereth Lancer
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:57:29 PM
Yes. The FM by my house. The one on Mollala Ave.

Although, they're pretty picky with the discount card. Only me, my spouse/partner, and dependent children are allowed to use my discount card. If anyone else uses my card I will be fired. No maybes here. I also cannot use my discount card along with someone else's Credit/Debit card. It has to be my own card and monies that are used with the discount card. The Human Resource Lady made it sounds like I can be fired for someone handing me cash within the store in which to buy things at the discount price. Though, I think that would be a bit harder to monitor.

Anyways, Discounts rock!

EDIT: I would think so, S'Il. When there is a job opening, Fred Meyers looks first at it's current employees to fill the positions before looking for fresh blood outside the store. I have no idea how large the Loss Prevention department is, but it would look like it's only two guys as of now. They must have more then just that. How can two guys work every hour the store is open? I'll have to check into that, because it looks like a fun job.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:19:33 PM
No kidding. Be sure to ask them if they have any crazy stories from over the years :)

Zereth Lancer
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:26:38 PM
I may never get that chance. Those guys lock themselves in some back room that I wasn't even allowed to look inside on the grand tour. And when they're working the floor, IE: undercover in civilian clothes, I'm not allowed to acknowledge them as anything other then costumers, since that is what they are undercover as. But who knows, maybe I'll catch them in the break room sometime on lunch break.

Though, they did mention that in some circumstances they may need to help of non-Loss Prevention workers to help them prevent loss. I would so be up for that. Just say you need me, and I'd be outside chasing people through the parking lot. They wouldn't know what hit them when I got Chuck Norris all over their faces.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:52:15 PM
Congrrrrrats!:crack:dance