PDA

View Full Version : A little survey on time/money...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:50:01 PM
How much time and money do you spend on video games?

Monthly for money, weekly for time, I guess.

Just curious :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:57:58 PM
Lately I've been spending $15 monthly and no time at all on my gaming. :uhoh

Time to pick up CoH again or stop paying for it I guess. ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 10:02:38 PM
I spend about £9 a month at the moment, on my WoW subscription. Occasionally I will buy a new game, which typically will be about £30.

Time-wise, I don't know. The only game I play is WoW. Sometimes I go weeks without playing, other times I play for 2-3 hours a night.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 19th, 2007, 10:05:33 PM
I have spent $500 on video games this year, most of which was a $230 X-Box 360 and Forza 2. Additionally, I purchased Command and Conquer 3.

I spent a lot less last year since I only bought one game. And Eve. Um, so $150 last year. I just cancelled my Eve subscription.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:33:00 AM
Next to nothing these days.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:35:56 AM
Last game we bought was The Twilight Princess, around Christmas time last year. We only buy if something comes out we must have. We do play a lot of PS2, especially if my sister comes over. In that case I'd say maybe..hmm..25 hours a week total? Well.. my son tends to live on the Gamecube if I don't hand him a basball bat and shoo him outside, so he might get more, but I do limit it.

"Look son! A tire swing.." -door slams..- :D

Zereth Lancer
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:00:38 AM
No more MMORPGs for me. The only monthly fee I occasionally pay is my Xbox Live, which, although I seldom play online, I do utilize all them shiny downloads. The free ones that is. Seriously, Microsoft must be making so much money off the priced downloads. My interest in online playing has been renewed, though, due to the releases of the Halo 3 Beta and Shadowrun. I pay like.... $8.00 for a month of Xbox Live.

Terran Starek
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:36:22 PM
I have an XBox Live Subscription which ran me $50 for 13 months, so whatever that figures out to be.

Monthly, I'd say I spend about $40. It's a simple formula: 1 new game every two months or so (I've only have my 360 since March) for about $30 per month; then I buy an occasional handful of Gamerpoints (by the way - I really HATE that system for Arcade) to buy games like TMNT Classic Arcade or Settlers of Catan for about $5; then the occasional rental for around $5.

I spend about 10 or so hours a week gaming. It's a hobby I love, but I just don't have tons of time for it. That fluctuates a bit based on schedule. :D

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 20th, 2007, 04:26:56 PM
I only buy games occasionally and my playing time really fluctuates. I'd say 50 bucks every three months and 1-30 hours a week playing.

Mu Satach
Jun 20th, 2007, 05:07:17 PM
None, none and none.

A while back I bought an old Rainbow Six game that I spotted in the clearance bin, think it was :5bux but I haven't installed it on my laptop yet.

I've been thinking about cracking out my old X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and playing it again.

Don't really plan on subscribing to any onilne games, I kinda think I might get sucked into the dark hole and never return if I did.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:27:22 PM
$50 so far this year, bought WarioWare for the Wii.

Lady Vader
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:16:13 PM
Time: About 10 to 20 hours a week playing WoW, depending on weekend plans.

Money: None.

I can't remember the last time I purchased a new game, to be honest. Might have been sometime last Christmas... maybe.

Travis North
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:21:40 PM
I used to spend twenty dollars a month playing Galaxies. What a waste of money. I only purchase games if I really think I'm going to enjoy them now, and most of the time I'll wait until they come down in price. Lately I've been playing older games. I just finished playing Shadowrun for the Super NES. But I spend a good four hours a week playing Battlefield 2142.

Lucilla Marzullo
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:35:26 AM
Well for me it really depends on if I have money or not...The last game I picked up for myself was Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney about a month ago, and I still haven't beat it. This week I've played Dragon Fable for about a half hour before I got bored with it...

I USED to do nothing but game...button mashers are some of my faves...RPG's come first though...

Kelly Perris
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:54:43 PM
I haven't spent anything on games so far this year, aside from a couple rentals for games I wanted to try. I used to game SOOOOO damn much. Now the most I probably do is DDR at the arcade.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 23rd, 2007, 10:15:45 PM
$0/$0.

Erm, I kinda' get games for free at the moment. The whole working for Microsoft (paying for me to organize on campus events and do projects with XNA studio) and helping to organize meetings for professional game developers (IGDA) thing might not pay well; but, hey, you get free stuff.

Edit:

hah, I put $0/$0.

I really meant about 5-6 hours/week and $0/month.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:55:26 PM
Depends... I've bought like, 3 games in the past 4 months... so whatever that equals out to.

As to time spent... maybe 40 minutes per week. If I"m lucky.

Yog
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:27:52 PM
Time: This varies widely. When I found something really addictive, it might be more than 20 hours per week (sometimes up to 30 hours at the most extreme). If I am in a game doldrum (like right now), it may be less than 5 hours per week. I have not played that much for the last few months.

Money: I spend $15 per month in EVE online subscription fee. I am usually paying for at least one MMO at any time. I am bored to death with WoW, so no subscribing there for the moment. Beyond that, I buy maybe 3-4 games (non MMO per year). This all adds up to something like $400 per year.