PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2007, 08:08:32 PM
Ok, so don't crucify me, but I adore this show. I won't watch American Idol or America's Got Talent (sorry but I don't like the Hoff that much), but this dancing show keeps me tuning in. :dance

Anyone else watching season three? There were some vids up on YouTube but they took them down. :shakefist I think this season's contenders are all incredible dancers, and I can't wait until Wednesday. ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 08:51:05 PM
Haha, we occasionally watch this... though we call it 'So You Think You Can Flip', because the few episodes we've seen had some guy on who wouldn't stop flipping all over the place. Aaanyway... they dance to some awful songs and wear some hideous outfits, because otherwise it can be quite entertaining. :)

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:56:46 PM
I haven't seen it, but I had a co-worked who tried out for the show and apparently the flashed to his audition... or so he claims

What kind of dancing is it besides flipping?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:32:45 AM
Its all sorts of dancing. They audition everyone who wants to try out, then they weed out to the top twenty best dancers. When the competition starts they couple all the dancers up (10 girls, 10 guys, from all different kinds of dance backgrounds - ballroom, jazz, contemporary, breakdancing, etc). Each couple performs one dance (the style of dance is pulled out of a hat) each week choreographed by great and well known choreographers.

Then America votes and the bottom three couples are put in danger of being sent home. The six dancers in danger perform solos in the style of their choice. The judges decide which guy and which girl out of the bottom six are going home. UNTIL there are only ten dancers left, then the dancer with the least amount of votes goes home.

The dancers are all really good this year. I just got done watching the results show for this week... I thought Cedric was a goner, and honestly he probably should have been sent home.

:dance I wish I could dance like they do :dance

Jedieb
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:19:27 PM
Chick show. ;)

My wife and daughters watch it together while my son and I play video games. This is life as it SHOULD be. :duel

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:55:32 PM
I have my husband and brother both watching it. Of course then I have to put up with comments like "The only thing she still needs to launch her career is a pole" and stuff like that. :p

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:11:04 PM
Hmm, I forget what it is, but I believe there's another show on at the same time as this that explains why I don't watch it.

Jedieb
Jun 23rd, 2007, 02:47:57 PM
I have my husband and brother both watching it. Of course then I have to put up with comments like "The only thing she still needs to launch her career is a pole" and stuff like that. :p

:lol I'll have to remember to use that line, thanks.