PDA

View Full Version : 3:10 to Yuma

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:19:51 PM
Check out the trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809781728/video/3053783;_ylt=Anvi3IVrA6HG4RU9bfFz.VVfVXcA)

This looks to be one of the best westerns to grace the silver screen in quite a while. And it stars Russell Crowe, a Kiwi, and Christian Bale, a Brit. :D Of course, they're both phenomenal actors and quite yummy, too. :yum

I can't wait to see this one. :dance

Droo
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:24:59 PM
You said Russell Crowe. I won't even click the link. :\

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:02:16 PM
I don't know what it is about the genre that turns me off but I've never been interested in westerns, and this is no exception.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:13:36 PM
I dunno, I watched the trailer the other day trying to figure out what it was all about, and as someone who isn't into westerners.. this one actually looks good.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:16:41 PM
Maybe. I like all the actors involved, but this seems less like a western and more like a general action movie with western clothing and six shooters. It's hard to explain, but westerns should have a certain magic to them, and I'm not feeling this from the trailer. It seems a little too convoluted to me.

Mind you, Russel Crowe knows how to make a good western and he's done it before. I'll keep my eye on this. I don't think there's a poster on these forums who takes western afficionado status as seriously as I do.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:17:18 PM
I don't know what it is about the genre that turns me off but I've never been interested in westerns, and this is no exception.

Whatever. I could certainly find a western you could get into.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 05:53:56 AM
You probably could, but I don't find the premise of them in the least bit exciting. Even as a kid, I was never into cowboys and indians. Maybe after watching one I'd enjoy it, but I wouldn't actively go out to find/watch a western.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 19th, 2007, 07:25:48 AM
Not even Tombstone? :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:33:52 AM
Can't say I've seen it.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:07:30 PM
You probably could, but I don't find the premise of them in the least bit exciting. Even as a kid, I was never into cowboys and indians. Maybe after watching one I'd enjoy it, but I wouldn't actively go out to find/watch a western.

Forget your preconcieved ideas because modern westerns have bugger all to do with cowboys and indians. If you havent seen Pale Rider, the Man with No Name trilogy, Unforgiven, Tombstone.... you are missing excellent movies.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 19th, 2007, 07:05:13 PM
Agree with Jen. I'm sure there are plenty of fantastic westerns. But so far, from that trailer, 3:10 to Yuma doesn't appear to be set to join that select group.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:20:23 PM
Jenny, you should see Silverado and The Quick and the Dead. I don't like westerns either, but I do like those two.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:26:18 PM
Quick & the Dead is a great introduction for people to get into real westerns. Sam Raimi does a very proper spaghetti western homage.