PDA

View Full Version : I am moving house!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:19:23 AM
Tomorrow!

Well, not really moving house, so much as moving down into the flat below the one I'm in now. We weren't really clear on when we were going, but apparently tomorrow is the day and I have yet to start packing or cleaning.

As usual with this kind of thing, I'm not sure what the crack with the internet will be, so I might drop off the face of the internet for a little while.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:53:35 AM
Good luck! I bet you'll find stuff you completely forgot you had :p

Razielle Alastor
Jun 18th, 2007, 08:00:48 AM
Wowsers! You better get moving, literally. :wave

Take care, see you when you get back!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:01:15 AM
I can't start packing until my mum gets here with boxes and such, so I have just been taking everything down from my walls and throwing out anything that I don't really need.

I doubt I will find stuff I forgot I had.. I only moved in here a year ago, and I only brought the 'essentials' with me. All the useless rubbish that I have forgotten about is still at my parents house :mneh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:15:21 AM
What are parents for, if you can't exploit them for storage ^_^;

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:20:52 AM
Man, I hope you have a comfortable time moving your stuff out of and into a different space. I feel it's one of the most stressful things to do.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:23:09 AM
It shouldn't be too bad, since all we really have to do is carry the stuff downstairs. At least I hope it won't be too stressful. I am looking forward to having a new bedroom to decorate/mess-up... though it is much smaller than my current room :(

Razielle Alastor
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:29:37 AM
How come the move, Jen? :huh

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:31:52 AM
Our contract was only for one year, since it's only a student property.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:06:51 AM
Ahh, gotcha. You paying the same rent for less room? I hope not. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:10:10 AM
We're paying substantially less rent, thankfully. I'll be saving about £110/$218 a month :)

Razielle Alastor
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:11:22 AM
More cider for joo, then. :p

:lol, I kid. That's great news.

Droo
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:56:40 PM
Well, that is one way of tidying that room of yours. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2007, 05:46:13 PM
Another way to tidy it is dynamite. Lots of dynamite!

Or would that just make it messier? :uhoh

Anyway good luck with the moving and stuff. :)

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 18th, 2007, 05:48:49 PM
I prefer acid.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:44:30 PM
What are parents for, if you can't exploit them for storage ^_^;

They are? Then how come I seem to have trailers, cars and bits from Dad at my place....?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2007, 08:02:19 PM
You've gotten to the certain age where the 'rents start to lean on you for support/storage. ;)

Wyl Staedtler
Jun 19th, 2007, 02:19:20 AM
Hope the moving went well! Though considering it's only one floor down, you would have to have been up to some shenanigans for it not to. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 05:52:01 AM
Apparently we aren't moving until tomorrow.

We're moving in before our tenancy actually starts, but apparently the housing agency are asking us to pay for the extra 11 days we'll be there, even though the landlord originally didn't mention anything about extra money! :mad

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 19th, 2007, 07:11:38 AM
:mad

is there any way to contest that since that is a load of crap?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:35:48 AM
I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like there is very good communication going on between the landlord and the agency, because we talk to the landlord pretty regularly and he hadn't mentioned it. It's probably just to cover more admin fees for the greedy agency. :rolleyes

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:41:13 AM
Well, all of my stuff - besides my clothes, which I am just going to carry downstairs on their hangers - is bagged up. I am just taking a little break, before I move some more stuff down into the living room, because it is sooo hot today >_< I think we are going to head to the pub after everything is transferred, for some ice-cool Cider :D

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:51:50 AM
Well, all of my stuff - besides my clothes, which I am just going to carry downstairs on their hangers - is bagged up. I am just taking a little break, before I move some more stuff down into the living room, because it is sooo hot today >_< I think we are going to head to the pub after everything is transferred, for some ice-cool Cider :D

I just called my brother to ask how warm it really is in London right now, given he lives there.

The explitives about how Londoners have no idea what hot means was very entertaining.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:53:14 AM
London will probably be much warmer than Newcastle right now. They always have better weather than us. :mad

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:12:25 AM
London will probably be much warmer than Newcastle right now. They always have better weather than us. :mad

Better.... weather.....

WTF!!!!!

I really need to invite Ballistik here to reply to that. Oh he's got a thing or two say about London weather!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:20:35 AM
This is like the shorts in fifty or so degree weather arguments that Alaskans pull. Yeah, fifty degrees may not be all that cold to them, but to someone who's used to very warm weather it is.

You gotta factor in all the variables, you taterhead :p

Razielle Alastor
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:34:20 AM
Yeah, hot and cold are very different regionally speaking. :( Hot here in NC I sweat. Hot in FL I saw little red monsters with pitchforks running about. :p

Morgan Evanar
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:27:23 AM
Well, all of my stuff - besides my clothes, which I am just going to carry downstairs on their hangers - is bagged up. I am just taking a little break, before I move some more stuff down into the living room, because it is sooo hot today >_< I think we are going to head to the pub after everything is transferred, for some ice-cool Cider :DHOT?! HOT?! You haven't a clue what hot is. It's 21 c where you are. It's 31c here with a 21*F dewpoint. It's not even hot yet here. It's sucky, but ugh, August is coming. Hello 35c and 25 c dewpoints.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:14:33 PM
Yep, what we consider warm and pleasant is probably cold to quite a lot of people here, and our 'cold' would be freezing.

I am posting from the new house, btw. We still have the keys to the place upstairs, so I am just using our old internet connection. I had to go upstairs to use the shower since the one down here appears to be broken! So much for them checking everything was working before we moved in! :mad

Razielle Alastor
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:49:57 PM
Yep, what we consider warm and pleasant is probably cold to quite a lot of people here, and our 'cold' would be freezing.

I am posting from the new house, btw. We still have the keys to the place upstairs, so I am just using our old internet connection. I had to go upstairs to use the shower since the one down here appears to be broken! So much for them checking everything was working before we moved in! :mad

Kill em. On the other hand, you have two flats now.. yay! :p

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:04:49 PM
If we didn't have to leave upstairs in a decent condition, I'd have a party up there :D

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 20th, 2007, 05:32:10 PM
Well, all of my stuff - besides my clothes, which I am just going to carry downstairs on their hangers - is bagged up. I am just taking a little break, before I move some more stuff down into the living room, because it is sooo hot today >_< I think we are going to head to the pub after everything is transferred, for some ice-cool Cider :DHOT?! HOT?! You haven't a clue what hot is. It's 21 c where you are. It's 31c here with a 21*F dewpoint. It's not even hot yet here. It's sucky, but ugh, August is coming. Hello 35c and 25 c dewpoints.

That's not hot. Try 47c and then we're talking bucko.

AmazonBabe
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:28:14 PM

Yeah. I remember when I went to visit I was wearng all sorts of bulky stuff to stay warm, while you and your mom seemed very comfy in sweaters or light jackets. And that was in October. I felt silly wearing all that bulk, but I really was cold. ^_^;

(And I miss those fish and chips, dammit!)

Glad the move went ok, but dude, wtf about the shower?? It's time to demand they fix that seeing as how you ARE paying to live there. That typically means they're in charge of the workings and what have you for the place.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:35:25 PM
That's not hot. Try 47c and then we're talking bucko. We get up to about 40 c. 35 c is hot. 40+ is scorching.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:42:40 PM
That's not hot. Try 47c and then we're talking bucko. We get up to about 40 c. 35 c is hot. 40+ is scorching.

I'm surprised you didnt comment on me possibly inviting Kaptain "What the hell did he just say???" over here.