PDA

View Full Version : As some of you may know...

Lady Vader
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:35:12 PM
World of Warcraft has taken a lot of lifes from SWF. Alas, I was/am a casualty of this insidious game bent on ruling the world... or something.

In any case, I have not forgotten my roots nor how to come back here to harrass you all from time to time. :p

And I have come again, and I will get back to the matter at hand as to why I even started this thread (aside from saying "hi! miss me?")

As some of you may know, there was a BlizzCon back in October 2005. I purchased tickets for said even with the intent of dressing up and participating as a fan. Little did I know I would still participate, and dress up, but I would doing so as a Blizz employee.

Costume design and RL picture!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Nevlonniel/WoW/BlizzCon_Costume/03-Nev-pauldronscloak.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Nevlonniel/WoW/BlizzCon_Costume/BlizzCon-NE-costume.jpg

And again, I'm sure you've heard there is another BlizzCon this year in August 2007, which I again will be attending as a participant, in costume, and still as a Blizz employee (how I have survived there for so long, is still beyond me, but I am still there).

This time, my aspirations have led me to a new costume. It is not complete yet, in fact it is only in pre-production stages with my seamstress, but the concept is complete:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Nevlonniel/WoW/BurningCrusade_Costume/be01.jpg

(RL pictures to come soon... probably after the con itself.)

So, just wanted to share what all I was doing in regards to this evil game that has sucked my soul, but at least I can still get creative. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:38:09 PM
This year in 2007 or August 2008 next year?

Can't wait to see the finished results, that costume looks wicked cool. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:38:51 PM
So... how many people asked you to dance? :mneh

PS. Blood elves :rolleyes Forsaken ftw.

Lady Vader
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:54:07 PM

My bad. 2007. ^_^;

PS. Blood elves :rolleyes Forsaken ftw.

Next BlizzCon, Dasq. ;)

Figrin D'an
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:54:08 PM

It's this August. My guildmates and I were attempting to make plans to go, but tickets sold out before we could really get things organized. Oh well.

Costume idea looks good, Rie. I suppose an advantage this time around is not having to paint your skin purple. :p

Lady Vader
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:55:45 PM
Yeah. Painting myself purple was awful.

It took 4 hours to get the damn stuff on and 4 hours to wash the damn stuff off. I was EXHAUSTED after all that.

Mu Satach
Jun 16th, 2007, 07:12:05 PM
Fancy pants! :)
Should be interesting to see the final results.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:39:03 PM
Body paint always drifts me into thinking about Goldfinger.

Welcome back you big ol nerd.

Lady Vader
Jun 16th, 2007, 11:21:44 PM
Hey, someone has to check on you guys. :p

Itala Marzullo
Jun 16th, 2007, 11:32:11 PM
Very cool stuff LV. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2007, 12:26:59 AM
Thank you! :D

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's complete! That's always the really exciting part! :)

Razielle Alastor
Jun 17th, 2007, 07:34:07 AM
Beyond awesome, Rie. I can't wait to see the next one completed. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:22:40 AM
You should try for a Sylvanas Windrunner costume next time :D

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2007, 08:05:26 PM
Oh, the possibilities! You've just started an idea brewing Dasq! Dammit and shame on you! :p

Now to add a dash of this and that and it'll start a-boiling. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2007, 08:08:50 PM
I mean Queen of the Forsaken Sylvanas, too. None of this Ranger-General nonsense!

:D

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2007, 08:34:10 PM
Oh, I knew what you meant, darling! Seeing as how you mentioned Forsaken before and then Sylvanas, yeah, the picture I drew up was of the majestic nightelf-turned-banshee standing in the throne room of Undercity.

To be honest, a costume of her design would be quite simple.

Only downside is it may require me to paint my body again. :x

EDIT: Hmmm... after looking at the modle from this here wallpaper (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/wallpapers/wallpaper70.html), I may not need to paint my body after all. *phew*

But, one project at a time. My poor brain. O_o

Lady Vader
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:56:18 AM
Did you think I had forgotten? :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Nevlonniel/WoW/BlizzCon_Costume/Geth.jpg?t=1191653667

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2007, 07:27:18 AM
I never seen such a happy blood elf :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:57:29 PM
Wow! The costume turned out great! You look awesome. :D I hope you got a raise out of that. ;)

Liam Jinn
Oct 6th, 2007, 05:17:02 PM
I give you a :thumbup

:)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2007, 07:16:46 PM
Hey LV, I just saw you on the BlizzCon gallery! There's 3 pics of you in the 'General' costume section :D

Figrin D'an
Oct 7th, 2007, 08:08:32 PM
I've perused the Blizzcon gallery as well. I think you had one of the better costumes amongst those they showcased, Rie. Although, I have to admit, the girl in the warlock Tier 6 costume did a pretty good job.

The moonkin one was just frightening...

AmazonBabe
Oct 8th, 2007, 10:41:12 PM
Thanks guys! :D

It was definitely fun designing it and watching it come to life. And it was hella fun wearing it too! I felt like a celebrity! Everyone wanted my picture! :lol

Pierce Tondry
Oct 16th, 2007, 10:53:22 PM
Yeah, that's probably because you look pretty hot in that costume.

Whoever made it did a great job though. Were you in the costume contest at all or do they not allow Blizzard employees to participate?

AmazonBabe
Oct 23rd, 2007, 02:21:06 PM
I was certainly allowed to "walk the runway" for the costume contest to show off my "wares", but I was not allowed to enter it due to being an employee.

But, regardless, I still got a LOT of regular attendees AND employees telling me it wasn't fair I couldn't enter. :lol They all wanted me to have a chance to win.

Honestly, I was just happy to be there and wear the costume. I like dressing up. :)

Park Kraken
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:52:24 AM
I've perused the Blizzcon gallery as well. I think you had one of the better costumes amongst those they showcased, Rie. Although, I have to admit, the girl in the warlock Tier 6 costume did a pretty good job.

The moonkin one was just frightening...

I just browsed through, and I don't remember seeing a moonkin one. The Tauren looked kinda cool though. There were several costumes that looked pretty awesome, including LD's, even though I'm not sure what some of the other ones represented.

Lady Vader
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:53:05 PM
LD? Or LV? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:36:00 AM
I think he means you, but you know how we look alike. From behind. :mneh

Lady Vader
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:09:16 PM
:lol That's exactly what I was thinking.

Nothing's changed. :)