PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Breed

Abomination
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:07:10 PM
It happened some time ago; The end of me and the beginning of something completely new. Something wicked. Why I had been chosen was not clear, it still isn’t. I hadn’t lingered long enough in the presence of my captors to discern who, exactly, they were. I remember voices, the hiss of machines, and the darkness. Pitch black. Like the womb of some terrible, sleeping god. There was one man, a doctor, that single handedly generated the opaque limbo I was held in. He spoke to me often, informing me adoringly that I had a greater purpose in this world. He only needed time. I need only wait for absolution. In that time, I could feel my body grow. He didn’t seem to realize that my hatred, my rage, my impatience all began to wear away at my humanity.

One day, one second, one eternity that time came. He spoke in that same charmingly deep voice as always and I felt his strong but icy hands drift across my flesh; inspecting, affirming my completion like some eager parent. Not eager. Although I could not see, I could still deduce that his demeanor was always strict, rigid. He was my sire, this tangible darkness. I waited to understand. I asked many questions. Yet, the answer was always the same. More time, just a bit more time, my dear. But I was through waiting.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, my eyes were open to a world so bleak it was stinging. I no longer cared if he was handsome, if he was the one that made me. This thing wanted out and I was ready to let it. He laughed, spurning the last of my human frailty with that rich tone. I hated and I did so with a vengeance.

I lashed out. He hadn’t been expecting that. Evolution, it seemed, had torn deep into my genetic composition. I was a monstrosity. Gnarled claws stabbed deep into that noble visage and swept downward, causing that black energy that made up his innards to spew forth in ghastly torrents. A laugh.. No.. a demonic snarl of satisfaction tore from my twisted lips. It erupted like verbal fire from my scaled throat. It was sadistic, I knew. I reveled. Then, I shook the matter from my coils and went at him again. The suction of my palm against his neck and the brute strength of my arm hefted the well built man from the floor and a few swift steps brought his back to the wall. I was well aware of the protests flying at me from every direction. I refused to heed the orders of the filth that restrained my true nature. My better half. They had killed the goodness within me with their precious years of research and the memories of what once was but would never be again grated on my mind with agonizing insistence.

“You’ll not be turning the hourglass on me again..” I said as softly as I could but my voice, warped into something horrid along with my body, rumbled like thunder through the dimly lit facility.

Erebus
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:12:57 AM
Should have restrained her.

The crushing grip at his throat was nothing, really. The massive tear in his corporeal form was a major issue that could prove to be quite a hassle if it wasn’t remedied soon, however. Tossing a harsh mauve glare down at the scaled female he had ushered into existence, he silently plotted out what could be done in such a position.

Really, creatures these days had no respect. He had been quite pleasant up until now, crooning away like some doting sod and being ginger with each sensitive detail. All he had asked for in return from her was time. It was all so close to completion. The lack of patience in the matter was far more annoying than he’d ever let on. He had to maintain control. But how to tame an abomination was exactly the trial.

He’d run out of time, her time. His own was of no consequence. Even NYX was demanding more from him now. His hands were raw from forcing at the ethereal manacles set in place by the modern world.

“You could never understand the complexity of the situation, dear girl.” He murmured in that deep voice toting that thick accent. Greek. He watched a thousand thoughts race through her reptilian eyes; some were suspicions of her location, others outcomes to this sticky predicament he’d landed himself in. All were incredibly incorrect. Only a fool would create something so monumental and leave the manipulation to rot.

The solid instance trapped by her vice grip dripped away into a black haze, becoming weightless and then nothing. The distorted shadow she cast writhed wildly and projected forward from the floor. Reforming into the stout figure of Dante, the darkness peeled away from his flesh like so much tape and slithered back up to hover about the wound set deep into his cheek.

“Monster!” She slandered with venom.

“My.. now.. isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black..” He remarked coldly, rolling his stormy eyes heavenward and slipping his hand into his lab coat pocket.