Liam Jinn
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Dur - Coke!

Droo
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:34:06 PM
Coke is far superior.

Tess Abrahams
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:34:49 PM
I don't drink pop anymore because I prefer liquor, but when I did I was a Coke fan.

(but I admit I took the Pepsi Challenge and inadvertantly chose Pepsi :cry)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:41:09 PM
Coke, it tastes yummy and Pepsi tastes like butt.

Nah, Pepsi doesn't have that tonic taste to it that hooks me up, and it's the obligatory rip off brand.

Edit - Holy crap, everyone else likes Coke too and I didn't even look!

tabris27
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:49:43 PM
I don't drink soda unless I have to. I just don't like the taste of any of them, too sugary and artificial. ^^;;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:59:42 PM
I took the Pepsi challenge as well and picked Coke. ;)

But I'm surprised we don't have any Mountain Dew lovers who'll root for Pepsi products. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:01:29 PM
Pepsi tastes watered down compared to Coke, I think... so Coke all the way :thumbup

tabris27
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:10:16 PM
When I used to drink soda (normally coke over pepsi) I always preferred British Coke or Mexican Coke to the American. I think American soda is why I can't stand to drink it anymore.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:49:06 PM
Honestly, I don't drink soda anymore unless it's the odd rootbeer float or glass of ginger ale. But when I did drink soda...

Regular - Coke

Diet - Pepsi, Diet Coke is foul.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:50:56 PM
I love Diet Coke :( it's so refreshing.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:51:40 PM
Ewwwwww :p

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:52:31 PM
What's wrong with you people? The answer is....

Diet Dr Pepper. Or Beer.

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:53:19 PM
Beer isn't soda!!! :shakefist

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:54:55 PM
Well fine...Diet Dr Pepper.

Jeez be all specific and such :p

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:10:42 PM
But I'm surprised we don't have any Mountain Dew lovers who'll root for Pepsi products. :p

:wave

I live off of dew. It's my daily thing to get me through work. I voted pepsi~cola.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:14:15 PM
Actually, here's a better question...what if I like both Coke and Pepsi?

Razielle Alastor
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:17:12 PM
you blasphemer you...

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:19:50 PM
you blasphemer you...

I'm no blasphemer. Just crazy. ;)

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 13th, 2007, 07:45:53 PM
When I have to drink one, I'll get the coke. But otherwise, I don't drink sodas.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:05:54 PM
Coke makes me sick, so I stay away from it. I used to be able to drink cherry coke though, and I do remember liking it.

Nowdays it's either Sierra Mist or if I can manage to get my hands on it here, Squirt.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 13th, 2007, 09:05:55 PM
Another one for diet drinks only. Real Coke is just too foul with all the sugar and Pepsi is just foul.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 13th, 2007, 09:45:06 PM
Regular soda is full of HFCS. These days, I stay away from it barring extreme special occasions.

That said, I am very partial to a 32 degrees F Coca Cola from a glass bottle, especially when it's late fall/early winter. This is when it is at its best. Every other time, forget it. Pepsi has nothing on this experience.

Coke did bring back vanilla :3 which I broke down and bought a 20 oz bottle the other day. The bottle lasted the entire day and it was magnificent.

Coke Zero and its flavor derivatives (vanilla, cherry, lime?) are wonderful treats and don't leave you feeling sickly sweet and sick at your stomach on a warm day. They also mix famously with liquor.

Does anybody else remember Coke 2? Not New Coke, but the half sugar variant they had a few years ago. I think I was the only one who thought that was good. You could drink it in the summertime and not feel gross. Tastefully sweet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2007, 09:47:10 PM
I have a Vanilla Coke Zero in the fridge and I'm afraid to drink it because I think it'll be gross. :(

I really need to start drinking those when I crave soda, that or Rockstar Zero Carb. :D

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 13th, 2007, 09:49:54 PM
Vanilla Coke Zero is wonderful and I say this as a big fan of the original back in the day.

In fact, all of the Coke Zero line is great. I am sure it will give me cancer for being so deceptively delicious, but hey no HFCS!

Not that I drink them a lot, but as I said, its a good treat sometimes.

Rockstar Zero Carb? Forget that junk. Get Rockstar Juiced! It's one of the few energy drinks I've seen without HFCS at all, and the calorie load isn't too steep. I drink those frequently before a workout, as it does wonders for the blood sugar.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2007, 11:37:26 PM
I LOVE ROCKSTAR JUICED!!! Have you tried the Pomegranate one yet? :dance

But it has lots of calories and 0 carb has... none. And it doesn't taste as bad as the Diet junk :x... So...?

Parsideon Denix
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:36:28 AM
Well honestly I only recommend it the way I do because its an ideal pre-workout drink, which is a good time for you to consume sugary foods and beverages. I mean if you are grabbing something casually, by all means don't drink Juiced. You should only drink your calories when you fully intend to take them in that way.

Mu Satach
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:51:17 AM
Coffee or Dr. Pepper

Mostly water these days though.

Mitch
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:55:49 AM
Dr. Pepper, then Coke.

I like drinks with a bold, unyielding flavor, and both of those do it for me.

But dang, the pomegranete Rockstar is awesome...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:47:45 AM
Coke Zero tastes like ick :x as does Dr. Pepper. Yuck.

Jacinda Blake
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:52:40 AM
Does anybody else remember Coke 2? Not New Coke, but the half sugar variant they had a few years ago. I think I was the only one who thought that was good. You could drink it in the summertime and not feel gross. Tastefully sweet.

Yes. Do you remember Crystal Pepsi? :D I liked it because the lack of carmel color didn't stain one's teeth icky..

Mu Satach
Jun 14th, 2007, 10:19:12 AM
I liked Crystal Pepsi.

And Dr. Pepper is the bomb yo!

Jacinda Blake
Jun 14th, 2007, 01:38:42 PM
I liked Crystal Pepsi.

me too, you think if we whine they'll bring it back? :lol

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:07:19 PM
coke is just plain gross....sorry all you coke guys. THere is something about it that I just can't stand. It's the reason why I stopped ordering soda from Denny's.

I try to avoid Pepsi as well, but seeing as that the coffee at work is gross, Pepsi is what I live with...that and tea.

I prefer Dr. Pepper if anything at all, and even then I would just as soon have coffee.

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:38:47 PM
I chose Coke, but my fondness is for other sodas, such as:

Jones - I've yet to meet a Jones soda I didn't like. In general, I have a love for black cherry, and I will drink the Jones sugar-free black cherry, seeing as [and this is such a pity] they have no regular, non-SF black cherry. And come on, there's a different picture on pretty well every bottle. That's neato.

Stewart's - I admit, I have an addiction to Stewart's Key Lime soda. There's a grocery chain local to Vancouver Island [Thrifty Foods], and whenever my sister and I would go there, we would each pick up a Stewart's Key Lime every time. Good stuff, that.

And A&W Root Beer. I'm a total sucker for that stuff.

All this being said, I drink relatively little when it comes to sodas. I generally stick to water, juice, milk, Rockstars, Sobe Arush, and last but definetly not least, alcohol.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 14th, 2007, 05:43:10 PM
Jones - I've yet to meet a Jones soda I didn't like. In general, I have a love for black cherry, and I will drink the Jones sugar-free black cherry, seeing as [and this is such a pity] they have no regular, non-SF black cherry. And come on, there's a different picture on pretty well every bottle. That's neato.

Stewart's - I admit, I have an addiction to Stewart's Key Lime soda. There's a grocery chain local to Vancouver Island [Thrifty Foods], and whenever my sister and I would go there, we would each pick up a Stewart's Key Lime every time. Good stuff, that.

And A&W Root Beer. I'm a total sucker for that stuff.

You have excellent taste. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 05:59:07 PM
...how fitting that someone named Abominationn would vote for Pepsi. :mischief

Coke is winning by a very wide margin!

Razielle Alastor
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:05:07 PM
since when does the majority have taste? :p

Mu Satach
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:29:08 PM
I liked Crystal Pepsi.

me too, you think if we whine they'll bring it back? :lol

I wish!

...how fitting that someone named Abominationn would vote for Pepsi. :mischief

I tell ya what's an abomination is that Jazz crap Pepsi is putting out right now. :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:35:46 PM
Ugh, have you tasted their "Summertime Mix" Pepsi? Now, that is some rancid stuff. :x

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:39:53 PM
How many different kinds of Pepsi do they need?! Over here we just have regular, diet and Max.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:28:18 PM
Whoever said they haven't met a Jones soda they didn't like obviously hasn't had enough Jones soda.

Travis North
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:39:59 PM
I was under the impression that Max was diet. Learn something new everyday.

I'm caught in the middle between Pepsi and Coke. I used to drink both quite a bit and now it's hard for me to drink a regular cola. Everytime I have regular Pepsi I think it tastes like a diet, bleh, and when I drink Coke it feels like acid on the way down. I drink Coke Zero now as it doesn't burn as much and has the taste I associate with Pepsi. So I can't really vote.

However for a specfic cola spin-off. My favourite would have to be Pepsi Blue... Many people say it was gross, but I'm a fan of berry flavour drinks, and it's blue. Blue drinks are just neat.

Lately I've been drinking other sodas. I drink a lot of root beer, both A&W and IBC brands are my favourites. As well Jones Sodas are always a treat and I pick one up whenever I can. Most recently tried the bubble gum flavour, I enjoyed it a lot, but what I really enjoy about the various Jones Sodas are the labels and sayings under the cap.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:38:41 PM
Never had a Jones soda you didn't like?

Obviously you haven't tried Split Pea Soup or Brown Gravy. ;)

Parsideon Denix
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:40:26 PM
Or Brussel Sprouts, or Dinner Roll

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:42:19 PM
I hear Cranberry Sauce isn't bad.

But I always hear of people who get the Holiday Packs and try to drink all of them on a dare and it usually ends with vomiting. :mneh

Mu Satach
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:49:52 PM
Ugh, have you tasted their "Summertime Mix" Pepsi? Now, that is some rancid stuff. :x

I'm frightened now, against my better judgment I tried both berrie and carmel vanilla Jazz flavors and found that Robitussin® MD or Orig. NyQuil are much smoother going down with less of a bitter aftertaste. The thought they have something else out there fills me with dread.

*shudders*

My favourite would have to be Pepsi Blue... Many people say it was gross, but I'm a fan of berry flavour drinks, and it's blue. Blue drinks are just neat.

I vaguely remember Pepsi Blue, but must agree that blue and green drinks are neat. I wants me some Kool-Aide now. :)

Never had a Jones soda you didn't like?

Obviously you haven't tried Split Pea Soup or Brown Gravy. ;)

Or Brussel Sprouts, or Dinner Roll

What the??? Those sound toxic!

Parsideon Denix
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:59:46 PM
They also have a turkey one.

Mu Satach
Jun 15th, 2007, 01:06:17 AM
I am seriously going to be sick now.
:x :x :x

Wyl Staedtler
Jun 15th, 2007, 03:15:32 AM
You know what else is sick? Coke Blak. Uck. >.<

Figrin D'an
Jun 15th, 2007, 06:41:32 AM
I probably drink far too much Coca-Cola. I tried the Coke Zero stuff... it's better than Diet Coke, but it still has that aftertaste that I despise.

Jones Soda Crushed Melon is really good... probably my favorite out of their lineup.

The best soda, however, is Sprecher Root Beer.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 15th, 2007, 07:47:20 AM
Ha, where I worked we only carried the really reasonable Jones soda's mind you, none of this "every flavor beans" crap. :p

I liked Upside-down pineapple, Green apple, Cream, and Blue Raspberry. ;)

IBC rootbeer is beyond, nummy.

I'm all over Birch beer and Sasparilla and such like too. :yum

(Honestly, guys.. I really don't drink any of it much anymore, I am a Tea and Water girl, those are just ones I remember liking and every so often indulge in.)

Parsideon Denix
Jun 15th, 2007, 08:01:21 AM
I have fond memories of frosty IBC root beer. I am telling you, it's the glass bottles that do it. You can't replicate it in a can or plastic.

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 15th, 2007, 02:57:16 PM
Perhaps I should have rephrased that. I've yet to meet a Jones Soda I didn't like, within the reasonably acceptable range of flavours.

Turkey soda? That just sounds rancid.

Crystal
Jun 15th, 2007, 05:40:32 PM
I've always preferred Dr. Pepper by the gallon, but I laid off the soda a few years ago. When I do have it now, I usually end up getting Coke. Never cared for Pepsi.

Turkey soda? That just sounds rancid.

For some reason I imagine it tasting like drinking cold gravy. That does not appeal to me.

Lazarus
Jun 15th, 2007, 08:44:44 PM
*Shakes fist* No good Coke drinkers! I should have known!

Pepsi over Coke for me. Coke tastes like burning. But if we're going with more than just the 2 choices listed?

RC Cola, please.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 15th, 2007, 09:10:36 PM
Every darker soda that I drink on occasion is just way too syrupy for me. I used to drink Mountain Dew a lot, but now every time I try it, even that's just too thick and syrupy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 09:35:49 AM
Just so all you Pepsi drinkers know... the Staff is almost all Coke drinkers. >D

Park Kraken
Jun 16th, 2007, 12:21:32 PM
Mountian Dew is by far my most used, backed up by the Fanta Orange and Grape sodas. Those are my favorite canned drinks.

As far as my absolute favorite drink, I'd have to go with IBC root beer. If that's not avilable, then I'll go with the Mug brand. A&W and Barg brands suck, IMO.

Mu Satach
Jun 16th, 2007, 07:06:55 PM
ooooo Red Fanta in a can is awesome.

Nesbits! Old soda pop that got gobbled up in the early 80's? by another company and disapeared. Had a nesbits orange and a nesbits cream soda a few times growing up and they were lovely, just lovely drinks.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 16th, 2007, 07:28:23 PM
Just so all you Pepsi drinkers know... the Staff is almost all Coke drinkers. >D

I'm sipping an ice-cold glass of Diet Coke as I write this post. Wow, it sure is refreshing! :D

SW-Fans.Net, sponsored by the Coca-Cola company.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:05:33 PM
Ahhh screw Coke and Pepsi. Tea is where it is at - especially after a hard night and far too late to bed. 2 pm breakfast. Tea.

Life dont get better, except a cup of tea shared

Seerriss
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:09:25 PM
I'll drink either one, I prefer coke though...

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:33:56 PM
Anybody ever had Buffalo Rock? Its not my favorite but it's a peculiar beverage.

Laodice Laos
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:43:20 PM
I drink Calico. Or Calipso. Or Calipco. I can't remember exactly what its called, but it's got Japanese writing all over the white-and-blue can. Yum. :)

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 16th, 2007, 11:35:07 PM

I'll be good I promise. lol

As far as jones soda goes, my fav would be the bubble gum one. THough it's been just shy of a year since I had one. The last time i had one, I was sneaking a quick lunch before a funeral and the cap said to "forgive someone." I kept the cap.

Travis North
Jun 17th, 2007, 08:30:39 AM
Recently picked up some bottles of ginger beer and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried the stuff. I like the kick to it and the after taste is great, at least in my opinion. I've gotten other people to try it and after a sip they're cursing me. :P

Ginger beer has got quite a bite to it and if you pour it in a glass, before you even take a sip, you react to it. You get a bit of fizz when you pour it and when that fizz hits the back of your throat you've got to either cough and set the drink down, or just make the attempt to go for a sip. It's fun watching other people trying to drink it.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:00:38 PM
Pepsi is too sweet and tastes flat.

Coke (especially from a glass bottle like in Europe) has a pleasant "I'm eating through the walls of your throat and destroying your larynx" feeling. Makes me tingly inside... kinda' like the feeling I get when I destroy a planet ;)

Of course, I try to drink neither. Instead, I go for naturally flavored seltzer. It makes me feel healthier so I can eat pizza all week long without worry.

Oh, and ginger beer is amazing :) I love that stuff. But, I down it like it's nothing. I guess I've gotten used to it. Mmm...

Also, Virgil's Rootbeer is... Godly.

Parsideon Denix
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:10:04 PM
Oh, and ginger beer is amazing :) I love that stuff. But, I down it like it's nothing. I guess I've gotten used to it. Mmm...

Buffalo Rock will make you reconsider this. It's snarly, spicy, and possibly medicinal!