PDA

View Full Version : Boys and girls, you have to admit, this kicks ezboard's butt

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 12:45:47 PM
What do you guys think of this board so far? I think the features are way better such as the avatar instant replacement over all posts, the speed is much better too. The quick instant messenger icons below the usernames, the photo album, etc.

Not to mention the kind and warm townsfolk. ;)

Oh yes, you guys do know that you're allowed to post around the Star Wars sections and such right? TMC isn't a prison. At least, I hope it isn't!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:16:31 PM
I'm glad you think so :) We're always aiming to find new features to add, to make using the board a more enjoyable and efficient experience.

As Itala said, please feel free to join the rest of us in our discussions outside of the TMC forums. We'd love to get to know you all.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:52:49 PM
Right now they are all like 5 week old kittens, looking around and meowing.

tabris27
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:54:20 PM
Meow. Nyaa. Miou. Miao. Miyav. Miyou.

English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Turkish and Russian. Multilingual meowing.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 04:31:25 PM

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z81/giuliano81/positive14.jpg

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:07:42 PM

LoL~!!!!! Wow... that cracked me up...the picture below it helped out a lot to... so thank you Laura and Jules for that....

But back to the topic, the board is much better than ezboard. I really like the features a lot more than ezboard.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:22:04 PM
As Itala said, please feel free to join the rest of us in our discussions outside of the TMC forums. We'd love to get to know you all.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5766/ackbarru0.jpg

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:30:05 PM

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5766/ackbarru0.jpg

:lol

Oh man, forum ADD is the best.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:43:37 PM
That's right, the first time you post outside TMC you are doomed to be stuck in Rainbow Monkey land..

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:47:05 PM
Raz, you clown.

Ok, but one question: Is it the monkeys that are ROYGBIV, or is it the lands themselves?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 12th, 2007, 08:07:09 PM
Raz, you clown.

Ok, but one question: Is it the monkeys that are ROYGBIV, or is it the lands themselves?

o_O

I don't think I've had the pleasure.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:34:33 AM
Were you never taught about Roy G Biv in art class?

Red
Orange
Yellow

Green

Blue
Indigo
Violet

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:46:28 AM
What are you talking about in art class... we were taught that in science

where do you guys get these crazy pictures? are they all from the ebaumsworld?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:50:03 AM
Ebaum's forums have millions of them, good stuff.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:51:40 AM
I was taught it in Art Class first so :p

Razielle Alastor
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:04:41 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_MMXnDmf1s

Rainbow monkeys. Fear them.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 13th, 2007, 06:38:46 PM
Yeah, Ebaum steals from everyone else.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:31:16 PM
Holy crap, I'm scared for my life now

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:34:07 PM
I actually wasn't aware that indigo was included among the colors of the rainbow. I thought it was ROYGBV, but they pronounced the "BV" as "biv"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:34:34 AM
I learned it Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain, whatever that means, but its the same thing. Except different. :uhoh

Razielle Alastor
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:31:47 AM
Jeez, Roy G Biv seems a but easier.. O_O!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:48:55 AM
I learned it Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain, whatever that means, but its the same thing. Except different. :uhoh

That's what we're taught in the UK :) Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2007, 06:07:11 PM
Which is where I learned it. ;)

And it stuck because I still remember it to this day and think about it whenever I see a rainbow. :uhoh :D

Itala Marzullo
Jun 14th, 2007, 08:23:24 PM
Enough about rainbows!

Marzullos, if you noticed those little scales below our names, you click on those whenever you like someone's post and leave them rep, it's fun!:\

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 14th, 2007, 08:54:18 PM
Well I guess I need to go give props to Laura then.

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 14th, 2007, 11:16:47 PM
Whenever my sister sees pride stickers on someone's vehicle, she comments about the "ROYGBIV" stickers. So ROYGBIV and rainbows make me think of pride stickers, which in turn makes me think of my friend Brian from high school, who was both gay and a Jehovah's Witness.

I mean, come on....that's not supposed to be possible, right? Don't they excommunicate/disown you or something for that?

Anyhow, yeah. Go me.

....Speaking of 'props', I think Kelly Perris [my flyboy character] got props for being so suave and cool. The Rebel Alliance's pretty boy.

Serpent Drinnon
Jun 16th, 2007, 11:40:51 AM
Yay, go England!!!!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:11:26 AM
God save the queen?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:58:16 AM
To quote Eddie Izzard...

Now the Queen lives in a very big house, she has barbed wire outside, and people with guns in front of that. That's one saved queen, I'll tell you! That's the problem! She's overly saved! She has no idea of the struggle of human existence. We have to work for a living, raise a family… we don't have nannies all running around the place. It's what you've got to do in your life, you know? So it's "God Save the Queen." No! It's too saved. It's "God Attack the Queen," that's what it should be! ( singing ) "God attack the Queen, send big dogs after her that bite her bum. Let them chase after her and rip her knickers off..." That'd be fantastic! Then she'd have to fight the crazy dog with a handbag with a brick inside of it.

"Crazy dog! Crazy dog!"
"Arrgghh, kill the Queen!"
"No - crazy dog!"

And maybe she'd kill the crazy dog and everyone in Britain would go, "Hey, fair play to the Queen,- killed the crazy dog." And the Queen would have self-respect for the first time in her life! Yes. It would work. It'd be fantabulous.

tabris27
Jun 19th, 2007, 02:55:34 PM
Eddie Izzard is brilliant. lol!

"Cake or death?"

Ares Marzullo
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:00:08 PM
So how often are upgrades done?

TheHolo.Net
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:42:57 AM
So how often are upgrades done?When necessary, which isn't usually that often. (Maybe once a year)

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:58:35 PM
Oh how stupid of me... I was looking at Laura's tabris name and was wondering why she didn't have any rep points. I forgot I gave her props on her Selene post. :lol

Bah, just looked at the Selene name and she didn't have any there either. Did my rep not go through... how sad.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:34:24 PM
Yah the whole rep poins can be rigged unfortunately, it should be limited by IP or something.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:39:10 AM
Unless you have a higher rep than zero yourself, you don't add points onto others when you give them rep.

When your rep power is 1, then you leave them 1 rep point, +/-, when you give reputation out.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2007, 06:34:02 AM
Yah the whole rep poins can be rigged unfortunately, it should be limited by IP or something.

Rigged? :huh

Itala Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 06:44:11 AM

Rigged? :huh

Yes, if you have a bunch of different accounts, right?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2007, 06:50:20 AM
You mean giving yourself rep? Well, I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that :huh I generally just use it to let people know if they've made a good/useful post. As LD said, though, you can only really give rep points if you've received them.

It's also worth noting that the staff can see all rep comments given - I check them on a daily basis. If someone was trying to 'exploit' the system to inflate their own rep, we'd know ;)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 06:55:10 AM
You mean giving yourself rep? Well, I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that :huh I generally just use it to let people know if they've made a good/useful post. As LD said, though, you can only really give rep points if you've received them.

It's also worth noting that the staff can see all rep comments given - I check them on a daily basis. If someone was trying to 'exploit' the system to inflate their own rep, we'd know ;)

You actually check them every day? :D

Oh yeah so, why are Hollie's bars red? Cause she's evil?

Nobody gets mod powers or something anyway so why would you care?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:01:31 AM
You get little red bars if you receive negative reputation (gained by clicking 'I disapprove' rather than 'I approve'). Holly and I artificially altered our bars as part of the joke that she is the evil dictator of the board, whilst I am the benevolent overseer... like a good-cop bad-cop admin duo :mneh If a character is particularly evil, I will often give them some negative reputation as kudos for being an excellent villain.

The reason I check them, is to see if anyone is abusing the system - i.e. to flame another user. No one has done this so far - as was predicted when the system was first implemented - and I don't think anyone ever will, but there's nothing wrong with being vigilant. Plus, I like to see all the positive encouragement you all give one another ;)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:14:10 AM
You get little red bars if you receive negative reputation (gained by clicking 'I disapprove' rather than 'I approve'). Holly and I artificially altered our bars as part of the joke that she is the evil dictator of the board, whilst I am the benevolent overseer... like a good-cop bad-cop admin duo :mneh If a character is particularly evil, I will often give them some negative reputation as kudos for being an excellent villain.

The reason I check them, is to see if anyone is abusing the system - i.e. to flame another user. No one has done this so far - as was predicted when the system was first implemented - and I don't think anyone ever will, but there's nothing wrong with being vigilant. Plus, I like to see all the positive encouragement you all give one another ;)

Jen the voyeur, never imagined it. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:21:22 AM
What? It warms my little heart to see all the kudos you're giving one another! :p

It's always good to see people letting someone know that they've enjoyed reading a post or thread of theirs. :)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:27:50 AM
I can still imagine you with your Irish elf outfit behind a bush with binoculars. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:31:02 AM
I am evil. >D

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:53:28 AM
Ah, that explains it now. Interesting.

Tiranna Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:17:05 PM
If Hollie was in Hills Have Eyes the mutants would be the ones being stalked. :D

Bella D'lyes
Jun 26th, 2007, 04:50:23 PM
Hmmmm...I suppose that would all make sense to me if I read it a little slower...but the important thing is that Walter was nice to me!

*hugs Walter!*

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:38:37 PM
*hugs Laura!*

It's kewl because you started a "Save Matthias" petition for me. :D

Dante Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:09:09 AM
Nah, what saved Matthias was you posting, not Laura.

tabris27
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:24:13 PM
That wasn't what he said. He was nice because I cared enough to start up a petition not because it actually did anything. So there. :-p

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:33:14 PM
You are exactly right Laura!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 28th, 2007, 05:58:06 AM
You two are troll and trollette.

Matthias Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 03:02:23 PM
We are your worst nightmares! Muahahaha!!!

tabris27
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:25:28 PM
Grrrrrr. Arrrrrrrgh.

(Heh)

Matthias Marzullo
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:41:42 PM
Grrrrrr. Arrrrrrrgh.

(Heh)

That guy was awesome!!!

Itala Marzullo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:46:32 AM
That guy could be a million people.

Hartus Kenobi
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:49:20 AM

Jen the voyeur, never imagined it. :D

I received a gray bar. Not quite sure what that means.

tabris27
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:39:33 PM
Nah, Walter knows who I was making a reference too. Any Buffy fan should. ^_~

Itala Marzullo
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:19:59 PM
Screw Buffy, always liked the movie way more.

Matthias Marzullo
Jul 7th, 2007, 04:32:14 PM
Yes yes I did Laura. :D

And whatever blows your dress up Jules... :lol

Alexia Marzullo
Jul 7th, 2007, 11:10:03 PM
There was a Buffy movie? Crazy...
I never got into Buffy either, probably because my mom was (and still is) crazy and did not let us watch "bad" shows like that...

Itala Marzullo
Jul 11th, 2007, 10:02:31 PM
Luke Perry and Kristie Swanson forever!

tabris27
Jul 18th, 2007, 07:01:31 PM
I remember the movie, wonderfully cheesy. Still liket he TV show more though.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:22:04 PM
Oh come on... the Buffy movie was awful!

tabris27
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:32:24 PM
Exactly.

:cool:

Itala Marzullo
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:33:25 PM
Oh come on... the Buffy movie was awful!

Opinion schminion! I liked it, and that's all that matters here! :D

tabris27
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:38:18 PM
What else can you expect from a parady movie from the early '90s?