PDA

View Full Version : Project Andromeda

Telan Desaria
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:44:32 AM
Those few of you reading my return thread are no doubt wondering what the Andromeda Project is. Well - if you are reading this thread then you have the necessary clearance to know.

I have no exact specifications at this time, but it is not a super weapon, merely a weapon platform capable of doing super things.

Basically: a three kilometer long warship slow and bulky and massing more than an Allegiance class Destroyer since this vessel is quite wide. The centerpiece of her arsenal: 20 large missile launchers. The missiles are massive in and of themselves, each being 25 meters in diameter and 100 meters in length. The missiles are high yield area weapons, designed to, after launch, enter an atmosphere and upon impact decimate an area no smaller than what the Amerikans know as Texas. Several thousand square miles.

Finishing off the arsenal - a wing of TIE Interceptors and some turbolasers for defense.

Purpose - area support weapon. To eradicate entire swaths of populated areas and frighten people into submission to the Imperial cause. This is especially helpful in the present era when the rebellion isnt hitting and fading anymore but actually claiming worlds and bending governments to their whim.

More to come.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 11th, 2007, 09:07:32 AM
Interesting. Not unlike the Tarkin Platform. Possibly constructed from salavage of the Death Star?

Karl Valten
Jun 11th, 2007, 09:19:58 AM
You really want to get rid of that station don't you?:p

Telan Desaria
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:08:21 AM
I was thinking perhaps built shortly after the first Death Star then mothballed because until the rebellion found a home, it would have been useless for the main weapons were too slow to target starships.

This is to become the centerpiece of the Grand Admiral's armada that will shatter a ring of rebel fortresses on the rim -not his flagship, which will remain the primarch till i acquire an SSD, but definitely will come with him.

And the reign of evil and death it will bring will force the rebellion to attack it.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:26:28 PM
Sounds terribly familiar. ;)

As for my wanting to get rid of the Death Star, I suppose I do. I like things to be tidied up when they can be, plus OOC I'm not much of a fan of superweapons in stories (Telan's clever enough to know how to make good use of one for plot purposes so I'll let him off) and IC Anar's not too keen either: they cost too much!

Telan Desaria
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:10:09 AM
That's what makes this one so special - -we already have it and simply need to un mothball it. And, since we will be directing this at enemy territory.rebellious realms only we escape the post-Alderaan backlash of the superlaser's first firing.

Though, for the record, I completely forgot the Death Star survived the battle. Which brings me to another idea - -scrapping the station and mounting the superlaser on some mobile weapons platform the rebellion will be idealogically bound to seek and destroy

Travis North
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:26:38 PM
I'm thinking the Rebels should salavage the wrecks from the Battle of Endor. Perhaps it'd give them a wake up call and an ideological shaking. Beside they need some form of weapon/fleet to even begin to compete with us and I'm sure Reshmar would enjoy some additional ships to back his fleet.

The Battle of Endor's result, as it is in this timeline, really gave the Rebellion the short end of the stick. They lost all their heros and a substantial portion of their military force. The Empire only suffered the loss of it's primary combat fleet and their leaders. The other parts of the Galactic Empire can, and have, easily replaced their losses.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:10:46 AM
I always thought the death star was scrapped to begin with since day one of the reboot? I mentioned it in my posts o_o

Park Kraken
Jun 16th, 2007, 11:39:37 AM
It'll take quite a long time to scrap something of that size, even if it was heavily damaged. At least half the time of what it took to construct it in the first place.

I have my own new weapon in the works, something that could cause planet-wide devastation, and involves low-frequency electro-magnetic waves. A cookie for anyone who comes up with the three word term that I am talking about inducing.

Telan Desaria
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:37:54 AM
Electro-magnetic pulse???

Present cookie in full dress uniform. And post in PTB for goodness sake!

Park Kraken
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:44:46 PM
Incorrect. The initials are GPS. And it's not a Global Positioning Satellite. :D

EDIT: And I now believe it is Teleran's turn.