PDA

View Full Version : How fast a reader are you?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 10th, 2007, 01:02:16 AM
Let's say you are invited to a thread that's pretty long already, or you just browse about and find one. Are you the type that skims through it or do you sit down and read it? And if you do, how long would it take you on average?

Personally, if it's good stuff I'll pretend it's a book and read it fast, I can go through a book in a day or two if it really draws my attention to that point.

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 10th, 2007, 01:18:56 AM
Threads take a bit longer if only because it is on the screen and not in paper form.

On a good work day I can read a 400 page book in my shift. My shifts are 8 hours long full of interuptions seeing as that I work at a hotel and all.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:38:20 AM
I think my reading speed has probably improved vastly over the years of RPing here, so I don't mind tackling long posts - particularly if they're written by a captivating author who can really bring the post to life.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 10th, 2007, 07:33:04 AM
I honestly don't read any RP's anymore and I haven't for some time, mainly due to just not having the time or interest. I used to read full posts and not skim if it interested me.

As for speed, I can demolish pretty much any book in a day, no matter how long it is. Altho if I'm enjoying it, I'll slow down to really get into it.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 10th, 2007, 09:45:09 AM
I read about as slow as a snail moves.

Crystal
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:07:47 AM
I read pretty fast if I want to and I do for things like forum posts, IM convos, etc.. However, for books and stuff I usually take my time more and think about things as I read them. So for books, I read at maybe a little above average speed I'd guess.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:07:57 AM
I read very fast, but I rarely read threads if they're very long anymore. Just not interested for the most part. The sole exception MIGHT be if I'm asked to contribute and I feel it would help to know what's happened already.

Yog
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:37:54 AM
I honestly don't read any RP's anymore and I haven't for some time, mainly due to just not having the time or interest. I used to read full posts and not skim if it interested me.

As for speed, I can demolish pretty much any book in a day, no matter how long it is. Altho if I'm enjoying it, I'll slow down to really get into it.

Much like me. I really don't have the time for roleplays.

I read every posts in the Star Wars and General section of the board though (Box Office, Gaming, General Discussion etc).

General Dan
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:46:15 AM
I'm a slow reader and spend a lot of time contemplating.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2007, 11:01:37 AM
I'm a fast reader and I tend to skim once I really get going. :uhoh

Khendon Sevon
Jun 10th, 2007, 11:09:33 AM
I won't lie.

I only read threads that people link me to... and I only "read" if it's actually interesting. Otherwise, I skim and skip.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 10th, 2007, 01:02:44 PM

Much like me. I really don't have the time for roleplays.

I read every posts in the Star Wars and General section of the board though (Box Office, Gaming, General Discussion etc).

You must make a cameo!

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:22:26 AM
In high school, I used to average five to ten novels a week, on top of schoolwork, cadets(which took up two evenings a week, and sometimes saturday AND sunday mornings due to things such as seamanship, drill, band, range, etc...), marching bands, orchestra and choir practices....yada yada yada. To put it simply, I can kill your standard 300 to 500 pager in a few hours, if uninterrupted, in small print.

Ashe Sieris
Jun 12th, 2007, 02:48:24 AM
I can read pretty fast when I want to. Basicly along the same lines as Fieron. High school, I was a pro. Band, Color Guard, Anime club, RPG Club, Dance, homework, school work, hanging out with friends, and the random other things I would end up doing during the week. Balance it all off with a few books a week, and I am good. Granted, I used to read during every trip I took, which was almost every week end. I hated dealing with nervious teenagers just before a compitition or preformance. So I just sat around and read. My color guard had it down. Before a comp, dont mess with the Jesse Monster. She WILL, no questions asked, hit you with some form of equiptment if you said anything that would mildly annoy her... which was just about anything that came out of their mouths. So I would read.