PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Seniors awsomeness thread

Karl Valten
Jun 1st, 2007, 11:55:00 PM
...and not the ones of college persuasion, cause we all know us high school ones are better.

Anywho, I figured that since at least 3 or 4 of us are graduating within in the next week (I can't believe I've been with you clowns for almost five years) that we should have a thread dedicated to the glorious and most UBER class of 007. So, I don't know, sharing favoritre memories, photos, rant and rave, insult the old people on the forums.

For me, unfortunately, I don't graduate until next friday (the day after school gets out) because our administration sucks. But on the bright side, today, or yesterday depending on your time zone, was our senior picnic (IE skip day).

The bulk of the senior class, around 200 people, headed to Devil's Lake, Wisconsin for the day. Had a crazy fun time up there. I'm surprised that I didn't burn much at all, I went the without sunscreen the whole day, and I only got a shade darker...damn Swiss genes.

Between a 60 man game of ultimate frisbee, throwing people in the lake, table surfing (we dragged picnic tables into the lake so the surface was just below the water level and SURFED.....do no try while bare foot), hiking, rockclimbing, football, and several unmentionable activities, I am freaking tired. Couple that with a 6-midnight shift at work. I have no clue why I am still awake.

Anywho, once again, I don't think I put up any of my senior pictures, so here are a bunch. Please ignore the goatee/chin-beast thing (as my sister's friend called it), I have since grown a full beard.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Hockeyman506/Senior%20Pics/SeniorPictures005.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Hockeyman506/Senior%20Pics/SeniorPictures003.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Hockeyman506/Senior%20Pics/SeniorPictures002.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Hockeyman506/Senior%20Pics/SeniorPictures001.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Hockeyman506/Senior%20Pics/JoshGradlake2006.jpg

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2007, 02:06:53 AM
Congrats on making it all the way through high school, Karl! *coff* or should I say Joshua? ;) Nice jacket!

...and this is me realizing I graduated in 1997.... 10 years ago! :eek >_< I suddenly feel very, very old.

Patience Darklighter
Jun 2nd, 2007, 02:16:06 AM
Haha yeah I was just thinking that I was doing long division when you were born. That is kind of depressing for me, but congratulations on getting your mortarboard and tassle!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:35:37 AM
Congrats :)

I wish I was just graduating highschool. I miss those carefree days.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:38:03 AM
Feh.. I graduated in '96. I'm just old. :lol

But my ickle sister is graduating this year, next week actually, so I will join in the revelry! Scarey times.. LOL :mneh

Morgan Faith
Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:14:01 AM
Congratulations! And I like the goatee/chin beast thing you had going on in those pics :) Nice pics.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:35:25 AM
I graduated HS in '99, and was glad to be out.

You look so handsome, Karl ;) Has it really been five years? Good lord time is creeping up on me.

Zem-El Vymes
Jun 2nd, 2007, 11:07:43 AM
I graduated HS in '99, and was glad to be out.

You look so handsome, Karl ;) Has it really been five years? Good lord time is creeping up on me.

Yeah but you went to some hayseed high school population six.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 2nd, 2007, 11:35:39 AM
Congrats dude. It's awesome to finally get out of highschool, I think.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 2nd, 2007, 12:09:20 PM
Doesn't the freedom taste sweet? I think it does. Well, actually, it all tastes the same, it's just I don't have to get up every morning and do school work. Huzzah!

Well, I graduated in 2007, so there!... er...

Bloodcrest
Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:20:03 PM
I graduated this year as well. But my whole graduation thing was done a week ago yesterday. Our school system's last day was May 25th.

Karl Valten
Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:54:30 PM
Ours would have been, but the administration moved graduation two weeks forward.

:grumble

Cat X
Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:48:59 PM
I escaped from HS in 1987 and I for one havent looked back since. HS absolutly sucks compared with what real life has to offer.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:03:59 PM
I escaped from HS in 1987 and I for one havent looked back since. HS absolutly sucks compared with what real life has to offer.Class of 2001 agrees.

Bryna Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:06:18 PM
I hated most of it, but I did enjoy the lack of culpability/responsibility.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:10:37 PM
Class of 2001 agrees.

As does Class of '02.

JediBeldarine
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:50:30 PM
Congrats on making it all the way through high school, Karl! *coff* or should I say Joshua? ;) Nice jacket!

...and this is me realizing I graduated in 1997.... 10 years ago! :eek >_< I suddenly feel very, very old.

lol

Me, too LD :)

But I came to that realization when (while teaching high school) I referred to my students as "those kids." Oy.

Congratulations, and I must echo what others have said. High school pails in comparison to college :)

Jen

Kelly Perris
Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:21:54 PM
Class of '02 here. Karl, man...lookin' good in those pictures. :cool:

Figrin D'an
Jun 3rd, 2007, 02:48:13 PM
'96 here as well. Seems like along time ago.

Although, I have more trouble accepting that I'll be 30 in a little over a year.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 3rd, 2007, 02:56:13 PM
'96 here as well. Seems like along time ago.

Although, I have more trouble accepting that I'll be 30 in a little over a year.

Omg.. please don't say the dreaded 30.. :lol

Kaast Dulli
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:48:47 PM
class of 95. then i went to the re=union and got wasted. i mean my wife was embarassed to be seen with me wasted. awesome;)

congrats... now you have something to look foward to

Ryan Pode
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:44:53 AM
As does Class of '02.

Class of '05 enjoys college/real life more than high school. Minus the whole working before dawn thing.

Karl Valten
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:08:28 PM
Meh, I usually work before dawn or until 2 am already. o_O

Anywho, where is every one heading off to for college.

I'll be going to University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (would like to transfer to Embry-Riddle, but I don't have the cash) and will be majoring in Aerospace Engineering.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 5th, 2007, 08:55:42 AM
Class of '05. 2 years of college under my belt. What have I learned? Technical schools are boring.

I look back fondly on the lack of responsibility I had in high school. I wasn't president of this or that, wasn't attempting to make connections with this company or that, wasn't developing relations with professors to aid in my future.

Now, bleh, president of two clubs, vice-president of another club, assistant leader of the outdoor adventure program, doing software development for the computer vision lab, working for Microsoft next semester, planning IGDA meetings, running our school's rockwall... what happened to me?!

Seerriss
Jun 6th, 2007, 11:26:37 PM
class of 1999 here, hard to believe my 10 year reunion will creep up in another two years......

Karl Valten
Jun 9th, 2007, 09:23:06 AM
Whooooo, I done gradumatated. And now I'm hung over and have a graduation party in a few hours. |I

We start at 3 oclock, feel free to stop by, we got, ultimate frisbee, foosball, ping-pong, and guitar hero and won't stop till the sun comes up again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2007, 11:12:27 AM
Congratulations!

We'd come by but I suck at Guitar Hero II. And by that I mean, my brother doesn't let me play much so he's awesome and I'm merely 3-4 stars on easy. ;)

Valeria Tur'ilian
Jun 9th, 2007, 09:59:52 PM
Eeee! My graduation was awesome. Except, it rained and thus we had to stuff ourselves inside our new gym. I've never seen so many people. It was hot but the explosive finish complete with silly string, blow up dolls [O_o;], vienna sausage, icy hot, beach balls, and crowd surfers was worth it! We had a huge senior party at a large fun depot that lasted till five in the morning. It was crazy and I won about $200 in prizes. There was bumper cars, go-carts, free arcade time, lazer tag, putt-putt, rock wall climbing, food, and a virtual room! Gods, it was great! The best part - it was all free! <3

Also had a party this morning - after taking a quick and totally unsatisfying nap. Water balloons, the pool, hot tub, more food, and presents! <3

No more waking up early to go to some lame classes! The school of massage I will be attending offers night classes. It will be awesome. But first, I need more sleep! Ta!