PDA

View Full Version : Downbeat Blues

Lili Von Wolfson
May 30th, 2007, 12:05:21 AM
<i>The in house jazz band struck up a low key soft tempo beat to warm up the crowd.</i>

Lili stood in the wings of the stage and adjusted her bustline, breathed deeply, and straightened the hem of her black slinky gown.

The conversations around the dining tables began to hush as the house lights dimmed.

Popping open a lighted compact, she checked to see that her make-up and hair was still perfect. Satisfied with her appearance she nodded to the band leader she was ready, the band moved gracefully into her intro theme.

She strutted out on the stage with one arm stretched high into the air as if being led by an invisible hand. Polite applause greeted her. Reaching the microphone she flashed her dazzling smile, showing off her artificially whitened teeth. Though the spot lights blinded her from seeing any one person in particular, she moved her eyes around the room pausing at several locations where earlier she had spotted repeat patrons sitting at tables, as if to greet each one of them with her own personal "Hewwo."

As the applause died down, Lili took a deep breath and belted out a low baritone "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii..........."

Smitty
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:43:41 PM
Smitty whistled loudy at Lili from the corner, then began pounding on the table to get attention.

"Waitress! WAITRESS!!!"

Molly Black
Jun 5th, 2007, 05:40:38 PM
Molly was cashing out what she thought was her last table. One of the newer and somewhat more timid girls, Lace, scooted up beside her and whispered in her mousey little squeak.

"Miss Black, Ma'am? Do you think you could get that guy over there..? He is in my section and I just don't feel... Well he seems.." She let her words drop and covered her face in her hands.

Molly looked over, expecting an axe weilding giant. Instead she spotted Smitty. She rolled her eyes at Lace. "He's harmless.."

"Please, Miss Black?" She begged..

Molly glanced at her wrist. Hadrian wouldn't be off for another couple hours yet and business was picking up lately with Lili on stage. She might as well stay and work the show crowd. "Oh fine, Lace. Take the bar and I'll get your section."

She made her way over to Smitty's table, already accquainted with the guy from the repairs to the Cloud 9. She slid a napkin in front of him and gave him a somewhat skewed grin. "Yes, Your Majesty..? What'll it be..?"

Smitty
Jun 6th, 2007, 09:41:37 AM
Smitty looked up and blinked a few times, "Molly!" a toothy grin spread across his face followed by confusion, "Hey, where did the other one go? You know, the one with the short skirt and the..." Smitty made a curvy gesture with his hands.

Molly Black
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:09:05 PM
Molly gritted her teeth, keeping her smile in place. "Lace."

She folded her arms across her chest, half scolding, half covering up her own assests just in case.. "You ran her off! She is new, you know. We haven't properly broken her in yet. Although, if she can't handle the likes of you, I don't see how she is going to keep her position long.."

"So did you come for the show?" Molly nodded towards the stage.

Lili Von Wolfson
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:18:52 PM
Lili pauses and takes a deep breath.

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa"

Smitty
Jun 12th, 2007, 07:41:15 PM
Smitty leaned in close to Molly, "Truthfully," he motioned towards the stage, "she's got a bit of a crush on me and well... I just can't bring myself to break her little heart." He grinned at Molly, "So how's the nerf cutlet tonight my dear?"

Molly Black
Jun 15th, 2007, 01:51:16 PM
"Oh Smitty, who dosen't have a crush on you? I mean you are Charm personified, right?" Molly smirked and flipped open her little notebook, pulling a pencil from behind her ear.

"The nerf is sublime as always, tonight we are featuring flame roasted veggies and it can be served filet style, or tips over pasta, of course with our signature rolls."

On stage, Lilli was still carrying out the..lovely note. Molly glanced over, expecting her friend to have turned blue and fall over from asphixiation. Instead Lilli simply sauntered a bit and took a breath, a new serenade of timeliness beginning...

Lili Von Wolfson
Jun 19th, 2007, 11:47:49 AM
"llllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooss ssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttt AH!"
*breath*
"Without yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u."

Smitty
Jun 19th, 2007, 05:59:20 PM
"Now don't you go falling in love with me Molly," Smitty winked at her, chewed thoughtfully on his cigar as he thought over the menu choices.

"You know, what ever you pick out for me would be just swell, just swell."

Molly Black
Jun 24th, 2007, 02:06:24 PM
"No chance of that, Smitty. You know Mu's rules, no pleasure, all business for me." She winked and headed off to put in his order.

She passed a table needed a refill on their drinks, and another that never got their order. She was going to have to talkk to Spenny about firing that Lace girl, she just wasn't cutting it. A final table flagged her attention on the way to the bar and Molly stopped somewhat exasperated.

"Yes? Did you not get your filet's?"

"What? Oh.. no..we are just having the drinks, dear. We just wanted to say how lovely the entertainment is, very lovely singing voice the gel has.."

Molly looked to the stage. "She's a piece of work isn't she...? Enjoy the show"

Lili Von Wolfson
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:59:23 PM
The band changed tempo to an upbeat number as Lili kicked it into high gear and began seductively moving around the stage.

"Iiiii Waaas aaaaaaaahhhh FRrrrraaaaid,
but then one day I looked UP
and saaaaaw the LIIiiiiiight
in your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace..."