PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted.

Barton Henning
May 29th, 2007, 07:24:40 PM
So I'm looking for past acquaintances for this character. At the time of the Jedi Purge he was 15 years old and a Padawan at the Coruscant Jedi Temple. I'm just looking for one or two people who might known him, not even that well really... just would have recognized him in passing perhaps.

Serena Laran
May 29th, 2007, 07:29:50 PM
Serena could have known him, in passing at least. She would have been about 7 years older than him and a new knight.

Miranda Tarkin
May 29th, 2007, 08:28:53 PM
I'm sorry I cannot help. My character wasn't born yet :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2007, 12:07:04 AM
LD was also a padawan at the time of the purge, but she was 6.

Ashe Sieris
May 30th, 2007, 12:43:42 AM
Ashe was... wait... Nm. She was never at the Jedi Temple.

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 01:00:41 AM
LD was also a padawan at the time of the purge, but she was 6.

Overachiever! ;)

I've been toying around with the idea the Mu also was a padawan at the time of the purge somewhere between the ages of 8 and 12 and has repressed a lot of her memories from that time.

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 05:58:04 AM
Serena - :thumbup Barton would probably remember her because of being newly promoted and all.

LD - probably not then.

Mu - Hmm... interesting. If you did go with that idea, maybe Barton has remembered her all along. They could have even trained together.

Kyle Krogen
May 30th, 2007, 11:10:54 AM
Kyle was never at the Jedi Temple, although it is entirely possible for your character to have known his master, Nathan De'Gad, an NPC character whom survived the purge and hid on the natural surface of Coruscant till the day he died.

They could have even trained together.

Does that make it a school reenion of sorts?

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 11:39:29 AM
Mu - Hmm... interesting. If you did go with that idea, maybe Barton has remembered her all along. They could have even trained together.

I like that idea, maybe he's what triggers her memories coming back.

Does that make it a school reenion of sorts?

A tramatic one, there's a good reason she's forgotten things. >=}

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 01:04:07 PM
Ooh, were you planning on having her memories come back sometime soon?

Clea Darkrunner
May 30th, 2007, 01:53:47 PM
Mmmmm. When we did the Jedi Purge thread, Clea went into the Temple and hauled aout a bunch of padawans and a couple of masters. The Masters got killed on the way out, and the padawans and her got out - but she lost them in the sewage system in the Coruscan Undercity - they may still be alive.

Sound playable? she's currently a Rock Star - and a secret helper of Jedi-in-hiding, when she can. She now knows she was a Jedi at one time, but between amnesia and the current situation, she is not operating as one.

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 01:56:23 PM
Hm, maybe Barton was one of the Padawan's who escaped into the undercity then. Nice idea :)

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 03:20:45 PM
Ooh, were you planning on having her memories come back sometime soon?

Yep, been trying to work out how she is the way she is for some time now. Pretty much decided she was somewhere in the Temple when the younglings and padawans were slaughtered. Just trying to figure out what her age should be so that her skill set in the present makes sense.

Mmmmm. When we did the Jedi Purge thread, Clea went into the Temple and hauled aout a bunch of padawans and a couple of masters. The Masters got killed on the way out, and the padawans and her got out - but she lost them in the sewage system in the Coruscan Undercity - they may still be alive.

Sound playable? she's currently a Rock Star - and a secret helper of Jedi-in-hiding, when she can. She now knows she was a Jedi at one time, but between amnesia and the current situation, she is not operating as one.
Very nifty idea. If the padawans were all washed away in the sewers they could have ended up scattered across the city with each of them thinking they alone had survived.

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 03:24:37 PM
Yes, it is a great idea. I think I'll incorporate it into Barton background, if that's cool with you Clea?

Mu - what kind of event could trigger her memories returning? After all, Barton has been around in Cloud City for a while now, so they will have seen each other on numerous occasions. Maybe she could have some kind of... memory flashback in the thread we have at the moment, of Barton helping to heal her after a training-game gone wrong at the Temple? Some really strong deja vu.

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 04:00:16 PM
What if Mu went to Barton for something minor i.e. their "first" meeting set sometime after she first aquires Cloud 9 for a bump on the head or something and a hint of a flashback happens for Mu, something related to training with him but nothing definate... more of a feeling than anything. And maybe Barton recognizes her but after quizzing her a bit figures out she's oblivious to the past and decides to leave well enough alone, for the time being.

That could be the start of her memories begining to unravel and then we could use the current thread they are both in as the catalyst for it to all start coming apart. Maybe the last time she was this badly injured was during the purge or maybe just the smell of burnt flesh is enough to drag her brain out of the darkness.

And I would love to have Mu be one of the padawans Clea saved as well, if that's ok.

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 04:20:05 PM
:thumbup All sounds good to me, Mu. Do you want to do a thread of when they "first" met?

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 04:35:37 PM
Let me find a thief to muss me up a bit <a href="http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16381">here</a> and then Mu will be needing to make a call on the good Dr. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 04:39:05 PM
Alright, cool.

I could help out with the thief, if you don't already have someone lined up? I must have an account, somewhere, that could thug Mu up ^_^;

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 04:44:00 PM
That would be awesome. >=}

I just posted a want ad in the discussion forum so first come first serve.

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 04:45:38 PM
So I see. I'll have a rifle through my colourful cast of characters and see who I can turn up :p

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2007, 08:41:36 PM
Added an incentive to the ad, could be a profitable beating for someone. >=}

Update - I'm just waiting for the beating to happen now. If said thief doesn't show up in a few days I'll jump a head in the timeline a bit and start a thread set in the Dr.'s Waiting Room where I'll be extremely ticked off having just lost my precious loot.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:11:52 PM
Okedoke :)

Clea Darkrunner
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:26:16 PM
Barton, Mu - as escaped padawans:

OK by me. And you have a rich Rock Star that you call a favor from, if you need to (discreet transportation off planet, money, or just tickets for a concert) Her band's called "Red Shift Limit" but was originally called "Boyz 'n The Band"