PDA

View Full Version : A Very Long Night (WoD)

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 10:36:09 AM
:: Brigid sat at the bar, enjoying a drink and one last song from the band on stage. It was almost midnight. Another long patrol awaited ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 10:59:44 AM
Esoterica finished their last song to a thunderous applause inside the Underground Lounge. The drummer hopped over the stage and bowed with a flourish before tossing his drumsticks into the crowd. He was full of energy and goof. The bassist ficked his pick and guitarist, much to the amusement of the crowd, broke into 'Sweet Home Chicago'. The keyboardist powered down her gear, as the lead singer smiled briefly and uttered a 'Thank you' into the mic. All though petite in stature, her chocolate eyes betrayed a strength that shouldn't be trifled with. She picked up her leather jacket before walking off stage amidst the cheers and whistles and encores. Soon the rest of the band followed suit.

"Yo Nara!" Kevin was enthusiastic as always. "That was a kickin' set. Glad Chicago remembered us a bit, eh?"

"Yes," she agreed, "The crowd was good tonight."

Ethan slipped off his Fender and locked it up in its case. "Want me to get the usual round and meet up by the pool table? Vicki got it reserved for us."

"Sweet!" Kevin played the equipment trunks like the bongos before slipping his arm around Nara's neck. "Did ya see any Cousins or Family tonight?"

She cleared her throat and pushed his arm off her shoulder. "Not that I could tell, but that might change once we start mingling. Still, it's only our first night here. I sent word to Claudia when we arrived, but I think she's tied up at the book store doing inventory."

Also known as doing a ritual at the Fanum, the huge arcane library found in Chicago. Claudia was one of the Children of Gaia's elders. Nara needed to check in with her and relay the tidbits of news that she had picked up throughout her stint in the Midwest. And it would be nice to see some of her Sisters again. Hopefully Monica and the rest of the Furies would show their faces sometime this week.The last time the Band was in Chicago was just a little over six months ago. It's been too long.

"Ah, so we got the night off then?"

"Yes." She nodded. "At least for now."

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 11:11:57 AM
:: Brigid settled her tab and stretched. The band was smokin, especially the lead singer. She wondered if they were just passing through as she made her way to the door ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 11:21:12 AM
Nara decided to accompany Ethan to the bar. He was going to need help carrying everything and the rest of her crew were still helping to break down the set.

It was a bit of an adventure amidst the crowd. Some where polite and shouting 'Awesome set', 'You guys rock' and the like. Others were a bit more hounding of her time and were following her to the bar. It was a blessing and a curse, the talents of a Gallaird. Sometimes her music moved people to the point of infatuation. Thankfully Ethan did some defensive blocking and started to answer questions, leaving Nara alone to get the drinks.

She slid between a woman starting to leave and big guy chatting with his girlfriend. The bartender smiled and leaned over so he didn't have to shout too much over the music. "What'cha need Nara?"

"Two pitchers of your best and a round of Jack."

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 11:47:36 AM
:: Brigid eyed the other woman curiously, just as she was groped from behind by a large biker ::

"Wanna a ride on my hog, sweetcheeks?" he grinned.

:: Her reprisal was swift, catching the offending hand and twisting it with an audible pop. His buddies laughed uproariously as she maintained the hold to bring him to his knees ::

"Touch me with this paw again and I'll snap it off. You got it?"

:: The biker tried to cowboy up and stand, but Brigid applied more leverage and leaned in ::

"You got it?"

:: He squawked an agonized yes, but she wasn't satisfied ::

"Good boy. Say yes again."

::She gave a crooked grin as she twisted again, causing him to bellow the word for all to hear. He fell back cursing as she let him go, and a small round of applause was mixed with laughter. Brigid turned to the bar again, and her eyes met Nara's ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 11:57:10 AM
"Touch me with this paw again and I'll snap it off. You got it?

That got her attention. Nara turned to see what the fuss was about and saw, to her amusement, a small framed girl taking down a big biker guy. Someone picked on the wrong Chiquita. Still, the betrayed a strength that wasn't her size. Much like Nara herself ...

Upon further investigation, the girl's dress and attitude reminded her of a Fury but a quick whiff revealed nothing. But something was off about her. She wasn't human.

"Good boy. Say yes again."

Her heightened senses told the Garou that she was touched by magic, but not a magic she has been around before. In her short years, she traveled a lot and met quite a few Mages and Changlings, but her scent was different.

She joined the crowd with applause and as their eyes met, Nara smiled earnestly. Something that has happened on only a rare occasion, the last time being months ago when she saw Penny in California. "I enjoyed your technique. I might have to try that with Kevin."

The Garou threw a thumb over her shoulder to where her drummer was playing pool with Paul, the bassist. "He has this need to throw limbs on me and hasn't learned to stop it yet."

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 12:06:38 PM
:: Brigid followed the thumb and chuckled before extending the hand of friendship ::

"You guys new in town?"

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 12:10:02 PM
"Nah." She waved away that thought. "Were here awhile back for a gig, but not for long."

And then she shook the girl's hand. "Name's Nara."

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 12:17:37 PM
"Brigid Cassidy." she replied, deciding to stay a bit longer after all.

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 12:25:07 PM
"Nice to ... Oof!" Nara stumbled forward, almost knocking into Brigid. A fan had bumped into her accidentally. It was getting a bit crowded in the area.

"Heeeeeey!" The guy's breath smelled of booze. "You were AWESOME!!! Are you gonna be playin' here tommorra too?" He smooshed his way between the two women and sat at the bar. "Because I love ta hear you guys play again."

Nara's right eye twitched before she closed them to calm herself. Where the hell was Ethan?

"Thank you. And yes." She opened her eyes and looked for her kin. "We'll be here tomorrow."

"Really?! I ..."

The bartender saved the day. "Here's your order Nara." He set down two trays and still Ethan was no where in sight.

"Hey! Want me to help?" Nara didn't even have a chance to say no as the fan hopped off the stool and started to reach for one of the trays. Nara slammed a hand over his and forced him to sit back down. She didn't hurt the man at all, he was just a bit drunk and stupid. But the message was clear to stop it before he continued to make a fool of himself. "Brigid's got it."

The guy calmed down, even though his haze. Nara's presence seemed to soothe him and thought his drink was far more interesting now.

She looked over at the girl with a half smirk. "Right?"

And with the privacy of the pool room, the two of them could talk and maybe Nara could find out exactly what Brigid was.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 12:43:55 PM
:: Brigid took up the tray with a wink and followed Nara. The creatures of the night could wait. Here was a chance to hustle pool ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 12:49:43 PM
Nara grabbed the other tray with a smirk and led Brigid into the back room where the rest of the band were, save Ethan. Poor guy really must be getting manhandled by the crowd out there.

"Hey guys."

Everyone nodded, waved and what not. And in usual fashion, Kevin perked up at the new person. He was already checking her out. Paul had a look as if asking if she was Family.

"So who's this?" Vicki asked the question while chalking up her pool stick. It looked like her and Kevin were in the middle of a game.

"This is Brigid." She set the drinks down and pour everyone a glass of beer. "She was kind enough to help out since Ethan bailed on me."

Kevin had this look of like, 'Uh huh'. "So, Brigid?" He had his charming voice on now and Nara felt like telling him about the Biker dude that got his wrist sprained but decided against it. She wanted to see him fall. "I'm Kevin, and this is Paul and his sister Vicki.'

He cocked his head to the side and looked between her and Nara. "Soooo ...?"

Nara took one of the shot glasses off of Brigid's tray and downed it. "No."

To answer the question if she were a Garou or Kin.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 01:23:37 PM
:: Brigid returned the greetings in kind, taking a quick and casual notice of the talisman that Vicki wore and the rune tattoo below Kevin's ear ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 01:29:59 PM
"Ah okay. Well, she can watch how I decimate Vicki!"

Nara sat down with her beer and chuckled. "You're still trying to dig yourself outta debt?"

Kevin rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the support."

"Not her fault you can't play." Ethan strolled in and laughed. "I mean you're only lucky cuz ... " He stopped himself once he saw they had company. "Hey there."

He looked at Nara like what the hell? She just shrugged it off. "No worries. She's all right."

He didn't look entirely convinced and Nara didn't mention any of the key words to tip him off. "You sure."

The Garou took a side long glance at Brigid and shrugged. "Yeah."

And then she touched his mind. Mostly. She isn't Garou. But she isn't human either.

Vamp?

No. Mage of some sort more then likely.

Don't tell Kevin, cuz if that is true, he'll ask her to do tricks.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 01:37:35 PM
:: Brigid took off her jacket and took a seat on a nearby stool, watching as they set up the first game ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 01:46:18 PM
The game was evenly matched. For all of Kevin's bravado, he really did know how to play.

Nara pulled over a chair to rest her feet on as the two went back and forth. She was trying to feel Brigid out and looking for a good in to talk about their mutual Supernatural habits.

After about ten minutes, it looked like Kevin was going to win. All he had to do was sink the 9 and then 8 ball. But he got cocky and bounced the 9 off the side and knocked the 8 into the pocket.

"Nononononononono NO! Damn it!!!!" He fell to his knees and dropped his stick. "I'm cursed!!!"

"Well, yeah." Ethan quipped. It looked like he wanted to say something more but held his tongue. "I guess that means next rounds on you. Unless Vic has another idea?"

"Nah. Drinks are good. And so is dinner tomorrow."

Kevin perked up. Paul looked at his Sister as if she had gone nuts. "Really???"

"It's not a date."

His wide eyed grin full of hope cracked and fell into a pout. "Then what is it?"

"Dinner for the Band of course."

"Bah!"

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 02:12:02 PM
:: It wasn't long before Brigid was lured into a game. Thus began the hustle. Kevin was the proverbial peacock, just waiting to be plucked ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 02:18:03 PM
"So anything you wanna play or just a regular game?" Kevin was tossing the cue ball up and down in the air while enjoying the view that was Brigid.

Nara was enjoying it too, except she was trying to figure the girl out as well.

"And I promise I won't go hard on ya."

"Just like that last game, right?"

"Shut it E!"

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 02:40:49 PM
:: Brigid played her part with the skill of centuries behind her as she slowly reeled Kevin in for the kill. The rematch was set, and the stakes were a round of drinks ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 02:44:41 PM
Kevin leaned over his stick with a stupid looking grin on his face. "Ladies first."

Nara snorted and felt some of the fizzle of beer reached into her nostrils. Something that is overly sensitive for the nose of a Garou. She coughed as she stood up.

"You okay?" asked Paul.

"Yeah," she said between hacks. "I'll be right back."

She got up and went to get some napkins from the bar.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 02:48:36 PM
:: The next game started much like the first, but the tide changed with some 'lucky' shots. Brigid looked every now and then at Nara and winked when the others weren't looking ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 02:56:04 PM
She blinked several times to get the sting away and wiped her nose and mouth while at the bar.

Then her ears twitched with that sense of displacement. That sense that someone or something was watching her. The Garou looked up and sniffed the air but winced. Damn beer was still messing with her nose and a casual glance around the bar produced nothing out of the sorts. Only a few people glancing in her direction and towards the pool table where the rest of the band were. That wasn't unusual.

Still.

Perhaps it was nothing, but she'll have to take a look later once her sense settle. Stupid Kevin.

She returned to the table and slipped off her jacket. It was really crowded now and all of the body heat was getting to her. There was also another reason, her bare shoulders revealed her tattoo. It was the symbol of the Black Furies and she wanted to know if there was any response from Brigid. Nara had good vibes from the girl but everyone can be played. Brigid's been playing it cool and not giving herself away. So either she was clueless to whom she was playing pool with, trying to scam them and knew who they were, or still trying to figure them out. Now it was time to quit playing coy.

The Garou sat down and watched as the game started. Brigid opened up with some serious shots that got her ahead pretty good. She caught the winks and chuckled. Kevin was getting hustled. Nice.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 03:01:30 PM
:: Brigid did catch the tattoo, and a glance from Nara, but she maintained her game face until Kevin was on his knees again. Happily, she took a seat and reached for a beer ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 03:06:55 PM
Brigid noticed the tattoo but didn't do anything to suggest understanding. For someone so young, she was good at hiding things.

"Not bad. I haven't seen Kevin crying so much in a long time." Her jaw became tense as Ethan and Kevin started to rack the balls up again. "So who are you?"

The Garou decided to be more open about this. She needed to know what Brigid was doing here. Normally Nara was more slick about these things but something was telling her to figure things out quickly. The hair on the back of her neck was prickly. Something was wrong, but her gut said it wasn't Brigid. Whatever was in the club had given her the wiggins. But the girl was involved perhaps?

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 03:11:47 PM
:: Brigid smiled warmly at the direct approach ::

"Wanna go for a walk? I need some air."

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 03:15:14 PM
"Sure." She grabbed her jacket and slipped it on. "We'll be back in a bit. Make sure Kevin still has clothes on when I get back."

The Band laughed except for Ethan. He gave his friend a smile and a thumbs up when Brigid wasn't looking.

Nara rolled her eyes and caught up with the girl. As they passed through the club, she did a quick scan. That feeling was gone and she didn't smell anything out of the ordinary.

You're loosing it girl. Maybe you just need some sleep.

Brigid Cassidy
May 11th, 2007, 03:18:25 PM
:: Brigid stepped out into the night air and was waiting next to her motorcycle. There were a few people drifting here and there, but no one to pay them any mind ::

Nara McKenna
May 11th, 2007, 03:19:49 PM
Nara's eyes lit up at the bike and crouched down to take a real good look at it. "Well, damn. I hope I like what you have to say. I really don't want to hate you now."

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 07:56:21 AM
"Hate me? Oh come on. I was gentle with the boy." :p

:: Brigid's bike was a vintage '60s Triumph Bonneville, in black ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 08:02:47 AM
"I wasn't talking about Kevin."

Nara was too enthralled with the bike to really say anything else. This was a vintage model that was in pristine condition. There weren't too many babies like this anymore. Only bike enthusiasts or really rich folk could manage to snag one of these. It really trumped her Ninja ZX-6.

"Who'd you have to kill or pay off to get one of these?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 08:14:35 AM
"It was a birthday present from the Mom." she beamed. If Nara was searching Brigid for lies, she didn't find one. In Brigid's mind, it was the truth.

"Do you ride?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 08:28:14 AM
Referring to your mother as 'The Mom' was a bit weird, but the Garou didn't sense anything off about it. Or her.

"Yeah." She stood up and dusted some of the small pebbles that embedded itself into her leather pants. "Nothing as classic as this though. A Ninja ZX-6."

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 09:23:28 AM
:: Brigid nodded with approval as she sized up Nara ::

"Sweet." :D

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 09:28:29 AM
"Thanks." Nara crossed her arms as she regarded Brigid. She's met a few eccentric Mages and off balled Changelings, but the Garou could not figure this girl out if her life depended on it.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 09:31:45 AM
:: Brigid mounted her Bonnie and gave Nara an expectant look before starting it up ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 09:40:51 AM
Nara quirked a brow and then slowly her eyes veered off to where her ride was. Now she could have easily walked down the half block and bring her around to ride with Brigid. But she had this feeling it wouldn't have been as much fun. As much as she was wary of what the girl was, she didn't have a bad feeling. If things got crazy, she was a Garou. Gaia was with her ... as well as her fang daggers ...

She walked over and slid in behind Brigid, grabbing onto her hips. "So, we're we goin'?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 10:13:11 AM
:: Brigid looked over her shoulder ::

"Just a cruise."

:: Soon they were on the street. It was nice not having to baby the bike like she did when Kiddo was with her ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 10:22:37 AM
Brigid definitely knew how to cut her ride loose. The night was also the right kind of chilly. The kind that felt nice against your skin without being so cold you were shivering. But that really wasn't too big a deal for Nara. She was used to it.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 10:51:40 AM
:: They came to a stop in the park, and Brigid grinned ::

"So, what do you think?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 10:59:33 AM
She looked around and saw that Park District sign that said 'Oz Park'. Slipping off the bike, Nara extended her view and saw the tennis courts barely lit up by the street lights. A few teenagers were playing basketball at their court and a few other people were enjoying a night out walking their dogs or enjoying each others company.

Nara dug further and sniffed the air and tuned her hearing for anything suspicious. There was a faint scent of alcohol and perfume, some Chanel rip off. Hopefully the girl wasn't as cheap as what she was wearing. The conversations she picked up were nothing out of the ordinary. Few people chatting away on their cell phones, some pigeons, and the basketball bouncing off the court.

All in all. It was quiet.

"Yeah. It's nice." She glanced over her shoulder towards Brigid. "Are you gonna answer my question?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 11:02:58 AM
:: Brigid blinked ::

"About what?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 11:04:24 AM
She sighed. "About who you are. Or have you forgotten already?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 11:09:20 AM
"Nope." she replied. "I was actually gonna ask you the same. It's not every day I meet a Fury on my side of town."

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 11:12:55 AM
"Then you have me at a disadvantage. Since I don't have a clue what the hell you are." Her eyes narrowed. She was right that Brigid was in the know, but now she felt rather dumb for allowing her allegiance to be known without the girl being forthcoming. But she was still young and learning how things worked. Live and learn. Hopefully.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 11:21:29 AM
"I'm Irish." she teased, but then grew serious as she met the Garou's eyes. "I know your tribe, Nara. I've fought beside them. More than once. Consider me a friend."

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 11:39:44 AM
Oddly enough, so was Nara. Her Great Grandfather was born of the Furies but because he was male, he had to be given up to another one of the Werewolf tribes. Her Great Great Grandmother, Eoen Shadow Walker, had good relations with the Fianna and had given up her son to them. He was named Cormac the Bùistéir by the enemies of Gaia. He was a powerful Ahroun that would rip the fangs out of the Black Spiral Dancers, and with Hyperion's blessing, bind the spirits of war within their taint to create weapons of power. To be hit by the fangs of your kin would sting thrice as hard as any normal Fang Dagger.

Nara had two. The ones she carried were created by Cormac's own hands.

Eoen had no other children, and after Cormac, their line dwindled and the Furies wondered if their great Priestess blood would shine again with Luna's blessing. Which it did, three generations later with Nara.

"I'm supposed to take that for face value? Anyone can claim anything, Brigid."

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 12:30:12 PM
:: Brigid nodded ::

"Fair enough."

:: She swung her leg over the bike to sit side saddle on the seat ::

"What camp are you from, Nara?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 12:33:21 PM
"Why? So I can keep talking about myself to avert my attention away from the fact you still told me nothing about yourself?" Her tone deepened, but she wasn't quite growling yet. Annoyed as she was, her anger was kept in check. Which was exceedingly easier since it was the moon of the Philodox tonight.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 12:54:51 PM
:: Brigid looked up at the moon and back to Nara again as she raised her empty hands ::

"No need for the sass, girlfriend."

:: She took a breath, gazing down at her snakeskin boots ::

"Combat the Wyrm wherever it dwells and whenever it breeds. That's part of your Litany, right?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 12:58:12 PM
Nara blinked. She quoted the Litany verbatim, but she was not a Garou. Hell, she wasn't a Shaperchanger at all. She would have smelled it. "Yes, but what does that have to do with you and your willingness to help my Tribe?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 01:06:22 PM
"I have the same contempt for the Tremere that you do." she said with a direct gaze. There was something in her eyes, something ageless that seemed to stare right through Nara, but it wasn't dark.

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 01:14:17 PM
A Hunter perhaps? One that has been touched by magic? It wasn't an impossible thought. Many Hunters walked the path of God when their abilities manifest.

"So you're a Vampire Hunter?" At least she was getting somewhere now and her attitude fell into a curiosity.

Tremere were horrid Vampires. One of the worst Clans. They used their unnatural mystical abilities to defy life itself. They were an abomination. Nara had yet to face them personally, but her Elders often spoke of great battles that occurred in the past.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 01:21:53 PM
"I'm a pool hustler."

:: She stretched, trying not to smile too big ::

"I've dusted my share though, back in '93."

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 01:26:43 PM
'93? That was when a huge war erupted between the Garou and the Vampires here in Chicago. But that didn't make any sense. How could she have been active in the war? Brigid looked almost as old as she did, and Nara was seven years old back then.

The Garou didn't know what to say, and it was clearly written on her face. Her mind was reeling, trying to figure out what was going on. What was she, a Mage turned Hunter?

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 01:33:34 PM
:: Brigid crossed her arms and leaned against a nearby tree ::

"I know that must be hard for you to believe. Have you been to the Fanum yet?"

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 01:37:38 PM
"The Fanum?" She said that with some trepidation because the Fanum wasn't something that was advertised lightly. There was far more to this girl then was letting on. "No. I'm not allowed inside, but I'm to meet Claudia tomorrow to get a head's up of what going around here. Throw her some message I picked up from other Garou along the way."

If Brigid really knew the Fanum, then she would know Claudia was an Elder of the Children of Gaia that watched over the place.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 02:00:04 PM
"I can get you in." she winked.

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 02:02:56 PM
Nara blanched an even whiter shade of her pale self. "Ho ... how?!" Her arms curled up in complete exasperation. "Only the mystics, 'Gazers and tree huggers can get in!"

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 02:08:49 PM
"Someone's been pulling your leg then. It's not like that anymore. Not since the septs united."

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 02:11:46 PM
'Ugh." A gloved hand came up to cover her embarrassed face. She knew exactly who it was. She was only passing through and wanted information on the Caerns in town. "Stupid Bone Gnawer. I'd expect that from a Get."

But still. She was too young to get let in regardless of a unification of the Septs.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 02:14:35 PM
:: Brigid chuckled, waiting for the next question ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 02:20:32 PM
She chuckled at herself for being stupid. The Garou sure had a lot to learn about how things worked. "So how did you ma ..."

Nara stopped there and her eyes narrowed. The wind had shifted and a foul stench was being carried on the wind. It was Wyrm tainted and close. Quickly she turned around and already Nara was shifting to near human form. Her eyes grew more feral, the nails on her fingers growing longer and sharper. The Garou's body mass increase by a third as muscles started to become more developed and defined, threatening to tear through her clothing at any moment. She was far enough away from any humans to get a really good look at her. Even if they did, she looked like an unkempt body builder. The perks of this form.

"There's a Dancer."

Sniffing the air again, her ears perked up towards the lake.

"East."

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 02:36:35 PM
:: Brigid's eyes grew alert as she sprinted in the direction Nara indicated. In the moment it took the Fury to catch up with her, she had sword in hand. No people were in sight as she gazed into the woods ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 02:40:27 PM
Nara's eyes darted around, fully alert and watching for the slightest of movements. There were the typical squirrels and birds around and the Garou smelled their fear. The taint was closer.

And the Nara fell to her knees as an unnatural horrible howl filled the air, desperately trying to fight the fear that shot through her.

Brigid Cassidy
May 12th, 2007, 02:47:30 PM
:: Brigid froze in her tracks at the sound, staying close to Nara. The moonlight glinted off her katana as she waited ::

Nara McKenna
May 12th, 2007, 02:56:04 PM
A deadly calm washed over the area. Not a sound was heard. Everything had gone deaf in the woods. Even the trees stopped their rustling.

Nara's eyes snapped open. "Brigid get down!!!"

She tackled the girl out of the way just as the Black Spiral Dancer landed and tore the ground asunder. Big chunks of dirt were smoldering as acidic claws did their work.

The Dancer was grotesque. It's muzzle was elongated and shriveled, with big bat ears protruding from its head. Standing close to 8 feet tall in its fullest height, it overshadowed the two women easily.

Hello McKenna. It snarled. You are a welcomed addition to my hunt tonight.

Nara pulled out both of her daggers and jumped at the Dancer, shifting to her full majestic Crinos form in mid-air. She was close to 7 feet tall now, her fur gorgeous as the black of night, unlike the faded and tarry matted fur of the Dancer before them.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 08:20:29 AM
:: Brigid rolled into a crouch to look wide-eyed at the two weres. Her heart raced, but not with the Delirium. Immortals were immune. It had been years since she'd scrapped with a Dancer, and she gave an enthusiastic howl of her own to get it's attention ::

"Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!"

:: She flashed a sassy grin as she twirled her katana ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 08:24:00 AM
One of Nara's daggers barely grazed the Spirals side as he stepped out of the way. And while she was still in mid-air, he snatched onto the Fury's arm, causing Nara to whimper in pain as the acidic claws dug into her forearm.

Silly girl. He tossed her aside like a scrap of meat and turned his attention upon the Immortal. Already wanting to die Old one?

Nara hit the tree hard that wood splintered and cracked. The tree moaned against the assault and any lesser being would have broken their back.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 08:35:39 AM
"Save the pillow talk. Let's do it, baby."

:: Brigid rushed the Dancer, dropping into a baseball slide to clip a leg as she aimed high with her sword ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 08:41:19 AM
Brigid's sword aimed true, but the blade was only able to penetrate so far because of the resistance of its thick hide. It grinned with razor sharp teeth before taking it's large clawed hand and ripped the blade out, shoving the Immortal away.

Nara was shaking the cobwebs from her head still and flexing her injured arm to get the blood flowing. A wound like that would take several nights to regenerate.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 08:49:32 AM
:: Brigid kipped up again, using the Dancer's right knee as a springboard with her left foot to plant a yakuza kick to it's nose with her right ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 08:52:52 AM
His head snapped back and he lost his footing. It finally gave the Garou enough time to get her head cleared and get back into the fight.

Muttering a prayer to the Huntress, Nara tossed her dagger and hoped her aim was true.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 09:17:16 AM
:: The Spiral squealed like a rabid boar as Nara's dagger caught in the shoulder. Brigid followed up with a quick left jab it's snout. The spiral went nuts, knocking the Immortal into a park bench. Then it did a mad rush, snarling with jaws agape as she sat with legs akimbo. She sprung away just before it clamped down, splintering the wood with it's teeth where she sat a second earlier. Brigid's jaw dropped at the sight ::

"Now you're getting nasty! :mneh" she taunted. Nara was clear for the next attack.

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 09:23:02 AM
Nara bounded on four paws towards the dismantled bench and ripped the metal leg that was screwed into the ground. Cement was ripped off with it and the Garou used it as big cumbersome club to smash the Dancer squarely in the chest.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 09:45:20 AM
:: The Dancer fell back from the blow, growling in pain and rage. Then it gave a yelp as it's hamstring was cut. Brigid was setting it up for the kill ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 09:56:22 AM
You haven't won, McKenna. It rasped between breaths, blood and foam spitting out. Not by a long shot.

Nara brought the make shift weapon up over her head and howled before swinging it down on the Dancer's head.

But the damnable creature was able to bring it's hand up before the death blow and all five of it's claws shot out from its fingers, impaling themselves into Nara's chest and abdomen.

The Garou cried out with a painful growl and fell backwards, clutching at her wounds as a pool of blood began ooze around the dead Dancer's body. Slowly it began to shift into it's human male form ...

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 10:00:38 AM
"Nara!!!"

:: Brigid rushed to her friend's aid ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 10:05:07 AM
Brigid watched as the Fury began to shift into her human form. With her clothing bound to her, they had not been destroyed in her transformation. However, there were five bullet like looking holes that had ripped through her top. She fell forward, clutching the grass between her fingers as she watched the blood tainted the ground red.

She was in too much pain to realize that she killed the Black Spiral Dancer, but she registered Brigid's voice. "I ... got 'em. Right?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 10:14:12 AM
"Yeah, you got him."

:: She knelt by Nara's side, focused on tending her wounds ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 10:15:40 AM
"Awesome ......" And with the relief that the Dancer had been killed, Nara passed out in Brigid's arms.

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 10:32:53 AM
[BACK AT THE LOFT]

:: Brigid sat in the living room with the rest of the band, save for Vicki, who was checking on Nara again. Kevin was the most dumb founded of the group ::

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 10:38:05 AM
While unconscious, Nara had the most vivid of dreams. Her Great Great Grandmother, Eoen, had come to visit her on the beaches of Greece. She had said nothing, merely stroked her kin's cheek softly and with much pride as Nara stared into eyes that mirrored her own. It was almost as if she were looking at herself fifty years from, a proud and wizened daughter of Gaia.

But as with all dreams, it ended. It left the Fury with a sense of peace but also a gentle reminder of who she was.

"Uggh ..." Her eyes scrunched together tightly as a wave of nausea came over. She grabbed Vicki's shirt for balance. "Ah damn. I feel like crap."

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 10:52:30 AM
:: Vicki eased Nara back in the pillows ::

"I wish you would have told us before you left."

:: she looked about the room and down the hall ::

"This new friend of yours is something else."

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 10:57:09 AM
"Yeah, well ... Things happened." She was always touched by Vicki's concern but sometimes Nara just up and ran off when the situation demanded it. "And what?"

The Garou looked over her kin's shoulder and saw Brigid entertaining the rest of the Band ... at a really nice oak dining room table. Which belong to an equally nice room that felt almost museumish. Everything looked expensive that shouldn't be touched.

"Okay, what the hell?" Her eyes looked side to side and back up at Vicki. "Where the hell am I?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 11:12:28 AM
"This belongs to a friend of hers. Someone called Fiona." Vicki replied.

"She's letting us stay here. Better than the hotel, huh? ;)

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 11:14:53 AM
"Anything is better then the crappy hotels and motels we saddle up in." She propped herself up with a groan and looked down at her chest. Her top was gone, as was her jacket, but someone had the decency to put a blanket over her. Peeking underneath, she was stitched up and bandage really well. Her arm was also wrapped up. It itched like a bitch though.

"Thanks, Vic. Another find job." She flashed her a smirk and laid back down. "Brigid okay?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 14th, 2007, 11:19:37 AM
"I'm fine." Brigid replied as she joined them. She offered a glass of water.

Nara McKenna
May 14th, 2007, 11:24:35 AM
And back up Nara went, adjusting the pillow so she could sit up straight. "Thanks."

She took a tentative sip and the luke warm water was a welcome refreshment. She gulped down the rest of the glass, not realizing she was that thirsty. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and winced, playing with the dressings. "Maybe I shouldna done that."

Her chest really hurt.

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 02:57:20 PM
"That Spiral knew who you were. Any idea who he was?"

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 03:04:18 PM
Nara shrugged. "His scent was unfamiliar. I don't have a clue who he was. He did mention I was a good addition tho to his hunt. Not sure if he meant in general or not."

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 03:11:14 PM
:: Brigid brushed a strand of hair from her face ::

"I'm gonna hit the shower. You can tell the guys to make themselves at home in the meantime. It's safe here."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 03:15:06 PM
"'Kay." Nara's eyes lingered on Brigid until she disappeared, still not completely understanding the girl. She fought really well against the Dancer. Really well ... There were more then a few lucky scraps under her belt. And what was with the Katana? That was new ...

"Kevin! Put that down!" Came Vicki's exasperated sigh.

"What?! She said to make ourselves comfortable. So, I'm getting a drink."

"Not out of the carafe!!! Get a glass you bum!"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 03:31:09 PM
:: Brigid washed away the pain from the skirmish, her mind replaying the words the creature spoke. It knew what she was, and called Nara by name. McKenna. That name carried meaning. A face from the past appeared in her mind's eye. Eoen.

She turned off the faucet and grabbed one of Fiona's robes before rejoing her guests ::

"Eoen." She looked into Nara's eyes intently, hair still dripping.

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 03:43:53 PM
Nara's eyes widened in surprised horror, but she recovered quickly and had an intense quiet about her as she stared into Brigid's eyes.

"Eoen?" Kevin looked around the room confused. "What's an Eoen?"

Most of the Band were clueless too. Vicki shrugged. "No clue."

Paul remained quiet but saw the look in Nara's eyes when that word was spoken. His friend didn't like it one bit. It was that far away look that she got right before going off on someone. Vicki exchanged looks with her brother and both nodded. This could be bad.

Finally, she broke eye contact and looked at the Band. "Leave us."

Ethan got up without saying a word. Vicki and Paul hesitated, but it was mainly due to confusion. Kevin had to be to obnoxious one as always. "What?! Why? What you have to say to her that you can't say in front of your Kin?"

Nara didn't say anything, but her eyes pleaded with Ethan's. Out of the entire Band, he knew the most about her.

He smiled reassuringly that he'd handle it. "Kevin. This isn't the time. Personal stuff is personal stuff."

"Yeah but ...!" The drummer was dragged away by the arm, and his incessant ramblings of being dissed by the boss continued until Paul closed the door to the den.

The seconds tick audibly away by the grandfather clock before Nara mustered enough strength to speak. Still, she could not look at Brigid. "How do you know that name?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 03:52:24 PM
:: Brigid knelt down before answering ::

"I knew her, and I knew her son. Cormac McKenna."

:: She spoke the names with a sense of reverence. She began to say more, but stopped herself so Nara could speak ::

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 03:56:47 PM
Nara laughed at the absurdity, even though it hurt. She played with the dressings. "Maybe I shouldn't have asked the Band to leave."

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 04:13:52 PM
:: Brigid just looked at Nara with a sense of wonder ::

"You've got a legacy flowing in your veins." she chuckled. "I understand about keeping it low profile."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 04:37:52 PM
Her eyes grew serious since Brigid was talking sincerely. As a Galliard, you tend to pick up on the tone of people's voice and their mannerisms really well. It helped when you were entertaining your Pack, or trying to read the faces of your Elders at a Grand Moot while performing.

The Garou nodded since Brigid was right. In the presence of the Black Furies or certain Fianna, she was a celebrity and always being reminded of who she was, and where she came from. Thankfully, she was able to keep that status on the low key when walking amongst the other Tribes, but some of the older Garou knew who she was. They remembered her heritage fondly.

For Nara, it was a love hate relationship. She was extremely proud of how her bloodline was traced, but it came with a price. Expectations and burdens of the ambiguous 'great things' that will come of her. It was why the road was her friend. She got away from all of that nonsense and could just be.

But life had a way of coming back and reminding you of who you were, and from the least likely of places. Brigid Cassidy.

She was Irish but so? Friend of the Black Furies doesn't mean squat. They don't go delving into Legends so easily. What the hell was up with her?

"I'm going to ask you one more time." Nara grimaced as she pulled herself up to a sitting position. "Who ... are ... you?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 05:00:33 PM
:: Brigid considered the circumstances of the night, and decided it was only fair. They had fought and killed a Black Spiral Dancer ::

"What I'm about to tell you, no matter how crazy it sounds to you, is the truth."

:: She paused ::

"I was born in 977 A.D., in the Wicklow mountains. I am Immortal."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 05:06:38 PM
Nara grew defensive, but she didn't want to discount this yet. There have been some whisperings in her travels of humans that could defy death. Her investigations into this always produced a dead end. Either people were too flaky to answer, or the lead just didn't pan out. It was idle curiosity anyway.

"Vampires are Immortal. Some Mages claim they can be." She narrowed an eye at Brigid. "Is that what you are? A Mage?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 05:12:21 PM
"If I told you I was, I'd be lying."

:: She recalled what Fiona told her many centuries ago ::

"There is a kind of magic inside me. It awakened on the day I died."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 05:13:55 PM
Nara scratched at her ear and was easily confused by all of this. "You talk as if you're a Mage, but you're not?"

She growled. "I don't get it."

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 05:23:21 PM
"I was killed in a Viking raid when I was seventeen, Nara. When I woke up I had no idea what had happened, how I could be alive. In a way, it was like your first change. The day you discovered you were Garou."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 05:28:13 PM
Her head fell away as she thought about her first change. It wasn't pleasant. She was kidnapped and drugged and taken to a safe location outside of the Navy base. It belonged to Cassie, the reigning Elder of the Furies back then.

Nara was fourteen when the change occurred. Not that much older then Brigid. Who was Immortal. By the sound of it, seemed like only certain people were. Waking up and magically alive? She stank of Mages ...

But her eyes grew distant as the Garou remembered something from the fight. "The Dancer called you an Old one. He knew what you were?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 05:35:12 PM
"Looks that way. There's been a few incidents in the last week, and I think this is related."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 05:37:22 PM
"Incidents?" Nara's eyes came back up to Brigid's and then she smirked. "You don't stay outta trouble much, do you?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 05:56:23 PM
"This is Chicago, Dorothy." ;)

:: She reached for a comb before her hair dried too much ::

"There was a bar that was burned down, definatley an Arson. Someone left a little calling card behind."

:: Her mind tried to piece together a connection, but the truth was she hadn't seen Briggs or Dreggs since that night ::

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 06:06:51 PM
"For someone supposedly 'Old', you're a real goof." Not to mention insane. She had never seen anyone that happy fighting a Black Spiral Dancer that wasn't one of Gaia's children.

Nara laid back down and watched Brigid comb her hair while talking about some bar. She barely was paying attention because her mind was still trying to accept her explanation. It was still weird thinking that this girl of 17 years was actually Immortal. What do they do? Age like a year for every hundred years or something?

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 06:09:56 PM
:: Brigid looked up and blinked ::

"Huh???"

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 06:12:36 PM
"What?" Her brows wiggled around trying to figure out what Brigid was confused. "Oh. The goof remark?"

Brigid nodded.

"I dunno, you ack more like a teenager then someone who was killed by Vikings who knows how many years ago. Aren't you supposed to be wizened or something?"

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 06:19:30 PM
:: Brigid laughed ::

"When you look like this at my age ..."

:: She gave Nara a flash of her figure beneath the robe ::

"... you can do anything you want to do."

:: She went back to combing her hair ::

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 06:22:43 PM
The Garou's cheeks grew bright red as her jaw fell agape. She was stunned speechless but had enough sense to hide just a bit further under the covers. If it weren't for the fact that Brigid was so nonchalant about her nudity, Nara wouldn't have had the same reaction.

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 06:32:41 PM
:: The antique clock on the wall struck 3 a.m. ::

"I know we have alot more to talk about, but you need to rest up."

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 06:36:05 PM
Like how hot you are?

"Right. I need to sleep off some of this."

That didn't sound good at all ...

"I'll be better healed up in the morning."

Good girl ...

Idiot.

Brigid Cassidy
May 15th, 2007, 06:39:15 PM
:: Brigid stepped out of the room, leaving Vicki to look after Nara ::

Nara McKenna
May 15th, 2007, 06:49:28 PM
"Hey you, I made sure the boys keep Kevin away while you ..." Vicki noticed that Nara was fidgety on the couch. "You okay? Your cheeks are flushed."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure?" She sat on the edge of the couch and place the back of her hand over the Garou's forehead.

Nara shoved it away. "I'm fine!" She lowered her voice. "Really. I just need some sleep."

Vicki raised a brow and relented. "Okay. Gonna pull up some floor with you as soon as I check your bandages."

With hands like an angel, she went about cleaning her wounds. Already the ones in her chest were starting to close up. Her arm was a different story entirely. Some of the acid got down into the muscle and it was going to take a long time for her body to heal that up.

"Learn anything interesting about Brigid?"

"What?" Nara looked horrified by the question.

Her friend looked at her oddly. "You know, about who she is and all that."

"Oh, yeah." The Fury shrugged. "It's complicated."

Vicki snorted with amusement. "Sounds familiar."

Narrowing eyes threatened to smack her, but Vicki just chuckled and finished up tending to the wounds. Soon she was fast asleep, but Nara couldn't. Her mind was filled with questions. About her family. Her purpose. Brigid. It wasn't until closer to 4 AM that sleep finally took hold and Nara drifted into a troubled sleep ...