PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Drinks (Charlene)

The Mark
May 4th, 2007, 10:22:44 AM
He stood about six foot six inches tall and weighed approximately three hundred pounds. However he was not a fat man he was just big and well muscled. The Dark skinned man stepped into the bar where he seemed a bit out of place in his business suit. Everyone else was wearing there team jackets and talking there sports.

He walked up to the bar slowly as if he was in some old western Bar. Yet no one really turned or paid him any attention like they did in those old west movie shows. He sat down at the bar just as slowly as he had walked in. He stared at the Barmaid with his glassy blood shot eye's. Those eye's are usually what gave him away but most people didn't know what they meant anymore. Then he spoke with his thick African accent.

"Miss can you get me a scotch on the rocks."

Charlene Briggs
May 4th, 2007, 10:39:54 AM
So as you can tell, I'm employed again! The bar is usually busy since the Bulls made it to the playoffs (gasp!) and it's baseball season. Seriously, there is no such thing as Summer in Chicago. Summer really means construction and baseball season in these parts. But the pay is nice and the drunk spectators tip well enough that my bills are being paid again. I'm a happy girl.

"Miss can you get me a scotch on the rocks."

I see the big guy outta the corner of my eye and nod. "Sure thing."

This one is rather out of place I must say. Nice suit, accent. Doesn't seem like this would be t the typical place for an out of towner, but I see more kinds of folk then my previous job.

I set a napkin down and his drink. "Just lemme know if ya need anything else."

The Mark
May 4th, 2007, 11:00:39 AM
His big hand wrapped around the glass and he pulled to his lips. His eye's did not even pull away from Charlene as she began to walk away to tend to another costumer. Yet before she got more then five steps away he spoke to her again.

"Hey miss can I get your name? In my country it is always a good to know the one who is serving you your drinks. It is also customary for the one receiving there drinks to give the tender there name. My name is Dr. Salamu Yakini most people in the state just call me Sal."

Sal gave her a wide ivory toothed grin.

Charlene Briggs
May 4th, 2007, 11:16:41 AM
I so hope this isn't going the road of hitting on me. But he is a foreigner and it could just be as he said, being polite. "Well, Sal, name's Charlene. Gimmie one sec."

I don't want to be rude to my other customers and make a pass around the bar so that everyone is back to full. When I get back to Sal, I dunno. He's kinda creepy, especially those eyes of his. They just kinda stare right at you, well more through you by the chill I get. Maybe it's his size that kinda intimidates me. But that's never made me worry before ... Weird.

Someone sits down next to him and orders a beer.

"So, Sal?" I flip a beer glass into my hand and fill it up for that guy. "What country are you from?"

The Mark
May 5th, 2007, 10:01:18 AM
"Nigeria is where I was born. Yet I got my higher education in Egypt."

Sal just smiled mainly because he was indeed proud of the fact that he did get a higher education. It was rare that someone from his country got the chance to say that.

"Is bartending your carrier or are you just working here while seeking a higher education?"

A look of confusion hit his face then. He wasn't sure if that question was appropriate or not to ask.

"I'm sorry that question is probably none of my business I just like to here that young people are out to try and better themselves these days."

Charlene Briggs
May 5th, 2007, 10:05:23 AM
My face scrunches up like I look offended, but I'm more confused as to why this guy was so timid. I mean. The guy is huge and he's afraid of being offensive? Must be one of those big teddy bear kinda guys. You know, the kind that would never hurt a fly?

Maybe ... I dunno. Something still feels weird. Could just be the culture thing.

"Yeah actually this is just a gig I'm doing until I can get enough money for school."

The Mark
May 5th, 2007, 10:18:19 AM
Sal nodded in approval as she said she was saving up for school. She was slowly falling for it and he could smell it.

"Oh. So what are you hoping to study in school? I myself studied history in school and found it to be very enlightening."

He had also studied mythology and the occult but that was better left for another time. A time when he would show Charlene what the world was really like and the part her boy toy Jason played in it. Showing her how blood thirsty Jason really was brought a twinkle to his eye.

"I actually came to Chicago to take up a teaching job at Northwestern."

Charlene Briggs
May 5th, 2007, 10:27:49 AM
"Are you kidding? Damn. You must really know your stuff." I smirk and look really impressed. Northwestern is basically Chicago's ivy league campus around here. If you were really brilliant and didn't want to leave to the state AND had the funds, you went there. Very prestigious school.

When he asks about what I want to study, I actually go shy. "Eh, well. I always wanted to be a teacher."

I leave it at that. Most people think I'm crazy but I'm not stupid. I had really good grades in High School and at Triton, the community college I went to for a couple of semester. Honor roll and a pretty damn good track athlete. I was hoping to get a scholarship. Cept, family moved away (And they can stay away for all I care) or died and I was left on my own and I needed my money in order to exist.

The Mark
May 5th, 2007, 10:47:57 AM
Sal was thinking to himself duh that’s why I have the Dr. in front of my name. Yet this was not the time to be arrogant especially when he was learning more about Charlene.

"I like to think I know enough. I personally just like molding young minds myself and you even learn a few things from them. I will be teaching Occult studies and mythology there. They are also trying to get me to teach a class called alternative History."

Alternative history was a weird name for a class but he was not lying and his eyes showed it. No Sal did not need to lie about his level of education in this case or his job opportunity at Northwestern so far he found it pretty easy to tell her the truth.

"Alternative history is a class on stuff like the da Vinci code stuff like that if you where wondering. Basically stuff that could of happened but we really don't have the proof to back it up. Teaching is a great profession. I can certainly say I love it anyway."

Charlene Briggs
May 5th, 2007, 11:15:32 AM
Now I was getting more and more drawn in. I had TONS of questions now since this guy was a teacher but duty calls. I'm wincing as I hear my co-worker yelling at me over the Bulls game.

"Yo Charlene! People are thirsty!"

"Yeah, yeah." I turn and smile sweetly, batting my eyes and then affectionately giving him the finger. "On it."

He laughs. I found out that Jason is all kinds of goofy. We entertain the drunks and sports fanatics with our routine of name calling and wit. Reminds me of another Jason that I do this with ...

Father Barton
May 5th, 2007, 11:32:41 AM
(delete please)

The Mark
May 5th, 2007, 11:35:48 AM
Sal almost laughed as he saw the antics going on in the bar. This girl was definitely a feisty one. Again he reassured himself she would definitely put up a fight. He so did like the one's that put up a fight yet he had to calm himself a bit it was not yet time for that phase of the plan.

He was about to say something to Charlene when some tapped him on the shoulder. He turned and smiled at the man who stood about five ten. It had been awhile since he had seen the man who's entourage was taking there seats in nearby tables. No doubt they all had there usual Uzi’s on them.

"Your late Mr. Mason."

Nicolas Mason
May 5th, 2007, 11:43:00 AM
"Do you have the information I requested?"

Nicolas looked gruff as if he had seen many things in his lifetime. Although he really didn't look extremely old he seemed older then he looked. He was wearing a biker jacket with a white t-shirt underneath. He was wearing blue jeans that went well with his black cowboy boots. He just didn't seem like that friendly of a fellow.

"As for being late I am always one for dramatic entrances you know that."

Charlene Briggs
May 5th, 2007, 11:55:17 AM
Rounds are made, bunny ears were given to Jason and I cashed in my tips. I get back to Sal since I want to see what I need to do to get back into the swing of things with school but someone sat down next to them and they were talking. Interesting. Came here to meet someone after all eh?

I set down a napkin and smile at his acquaintance. "What can I get'cha?"

The Mark
May 10th, 2007, 03:19:40 PM
"Yes I have it Nicolas."

Sal reached into his suit and pulled out a envelope and handed to Mason. For a man that had lived as long as Mason had he sure was impatient. Then again the information was on one of his kind and Nicolas was in a hurry to end the game they called the gathering. Being immortal just wasn't enough for him, he couldn't wait to be a living God. Almost made Sal wish John was here they would so start a bloody war in this bar. Sal turned to Charlene then.

"This is Nicolas Mason a old friend of mine. He often times requests historical information from me. However unlike me he doesn't appreciate history as a whole he is only into the gemological aspect of it."

Charlene Briggs
May 11th, 2007, 08:14:35 PM
My nose scrunches up as I take that all in. "So, you just like knowing about where everyone's relatives come from? The whole family tree thing, eh?"

Guy didn't seem like he was for the small talk, unlike Sal. His face was looked as if it were chiseled from stone and his eyes were cold and uncaring. I wonder what the hell happened to him to make him such a broody bitch.

Nicolas Mason
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:54:24 AM
"You could say that! My research is a little more involved then just knowing one's family though."

He had an arrogant attitude about him almost as if he was talking down to Charlene. Nick could care less about this filthy bar maids interest in his work. Work if you could call kill Fiona work anyway she was more of an announce then anything else.

"You wouldn't happen to have a phone book in this rat hole would you?"

The Mark
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:58:38 AM
"Nick now please do be more polite to the lady."

Sal eyed Nick just almost as if he was going to start beating the man right there. Nick was always one for messing up well made plans. This plan so far was going well and then nick just had to show up and attempt to ruin everything.

"Nick please leave this place before you make a foul of yourself."

Charlene Briggs
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:07:15 AM
I frown and wonder if I'm gonna have to get Mickey up here, but I throw the phone book by Nick and go take care of my other customers. I throw the nearest bouncer a look to keep an eye on those two just in case.

Nicolas Mason
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:27:07 AM
Nick grabs the phone book not saying anything to Sal. He starts riffling through it until he gets to the C section. He rips out about four pages and then slams the book shut. He throws it on the counter top loudly then just nods his head to Sal and walks out of the bar. The envelope in hand which clearly says Cassidy on the side of it now.

The Mark
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:34:41 AM
Sal turned back around in his seat to face Charlene noting she was off helping another costumer. He decided since nick was now gone he would wait a moment until she came back his way. He would appologize for his and nicks actions. He didn't want her thinking any less of him well not yet anyway.

Then walked in another gentlemen he was kind of a jumpy little man with pale features on his face. Sal just smiled seeing Peterson it was almost time for the games for evening to begin. Now it was all up to timing it just right.

The Mark
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:12:06 AM
Sam soon realized that Charlene was not going to walk back over to where he was. So he just smiled and waved his goodbye to Charlene from down the bar. He then got up and walked towards Peterson's table.

"You got what I need Peterson?"

Peterson: "Yes." he said with a nervous twitch.

"Meet me out back in the ally I have what you want."

Both men got up and walked out of the bar just then.

---------

Outback behind the bar near some garbage cans a little ways away from the back entrance of the bar. Sam looked at Peterson with a crooked smile. Peterson was scared as he looked into his own eye's hiding behind the garbage can.

Peterson: "What is this?"

"This you, well the new you anyway."

Peterson: "But why and what for?"

"Today is the day you die Peterson and this here is a little insurance policy that make sure I get what I want."

Sams hand clasped down hard on Petersons shoulder. Peterson realized Sam was quite strong for a near mortal. Stronger then a normal hunter should be, Peterson nearly pied his pants. He want to run but he couldn't fear had caught his cold dead heart.

Peterson: "What is it?"

"A Doppelganger or fate depending on how you look at it. Chicago will be mine and your just getting in the way."

Charlene Briggs
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:19:25 PM
All my lovelies decided to abandon me with a crappy tip. Nice huh? Bastards better not come back here if that pull that nonsense again.

It was almost time to end my shift anyway. Least I get to go home upset. Great! I head outside with some trash but I hear some sorta commotion down the alley.

"A Doppelganger or fate depending on how you look at it. Chicago will be mine and your just getting in the way."

That sounded like the guy I took care of. He owes me a tip!

The Mark
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:02:35 PM
As Charlene watched the non tip giver speaking to a man in the ally way a hand reached out from behind a dumpster they where facing. It was a gray almost reptilian hand. It stabbed something in the chest of the man Sal was talking to.

"I hope you enjoy the after life. I here hell has been asking for you, for awhile now."

With said and Peterson stuck in toper because of the stake in his chest. Sal grabbed a machete from in side his coat and cut of the mans head. The head rolled in Charlene's direction. As it rolled it slowly turned into burning cinder and a sulfur smell rose in the nearby air. From behind the Garbage can stepped a man that looked just like the one that had been killed.

"So Peterson shall we begin the games."

Doppelganger: "Soon my friend, real soon" A cruel smirk grew on the new Petersons face."

Charlene Briggs
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:31:20 AM
My hand shoots up to my mouth so I can bite my a knuckle. It helps me to stop from screaming, cuz then I would be dead for sure. I press myself against the wall and duck behind the dumpster so he can't see me.

Whatthehellisgoingon????

I stare down at the head still next to my feet and the tears are just coming quicker then ever. Not just from the frozen stare of scared death that was coming his way, but also because Petersen has pronounced FANGS! What the hell are these two people???

Ok Charlie. Think. Gotta be calm and sneak out as soon as you can... Just be fricking quiet!

The Mark
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:22:48 PM
Doppelganger: "Did you here that?"

"It was probably just rats, this crappy city is almost as bad as New York."

Doppelganger: "I have never been to New York."

"Lucky you and don't worry yourself about the crap hole of New York. Only the pock covered hill billies and homeless find that place interesting. We are concerned with this city so go to the tower and start playing your part."

Doppelganger: "I will do what I am best at pretending to be something I'm not. What are you going to do?"

"Well first I'm going to go back into that bar and pay the tip and for the drinks. I don't want the woman at the bar to think of me as a loser she is an important part of the plan. Then I'm going to ruin some Beasts protection. Their Fanum will fall with in the next two moons."

The Doppelganger and the mark parted ways then. The Doppelganger head for the tower and the mark headed back towards the bar in Charlene's direction.

Charlene Briggs
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:07:41 PM
I waited at least 15 minutes before I even thought about moving. Another 10 minutes went by before I made sure the coast was clear.

Now what do I do? I just watched a man die with fangs and someone appear outta no where take his place like the poor sucker was never killed. And that creepy Sal guy is part of this?

Police won't do crap. They'll think I'm nuts and test me for drugs. I know for sure I can't go back inside the bar. I won't be able to keep my cool around him. I'm not stupid. So what do I do?

Jason ... Yeah. He'll know what to do. He has to. He already said a lot of this stuff that was happening around Chicago was his fault, and whether or not that is true, who knows. He knows something! I gotta find him!

I run off towards the subway and put in a call to my Stalker. Bastard better be home ...