PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs 2007

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2007, 10:52:28 PM
I am no big NBA fan but it looks like we might have the biggest upset in the NBA history. 8th seed Golden State is less than a quarter away from knocking off the best team in the NBA. They have dominated Dallas most of this series and have a 23 point lead right now.

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2007, 11:19:35 PM
NBA history made Golden State beat the favorite.

CMJ
May 4th, 2007, 07:42:31 AM
I don't know...I believe two 8 seeds have won series in the past...

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2007, 09:36:48 AM
Yes they have but in a best out of 5, which is much easier than a best out of 7. The other two are Denver over Seattle in 94 (although the Bulls had the best record, I believe). And the Knicks in 99 (I think the Lakers or Spurs had the best record). I think its a bigger deal because Dallas was considered the best team and it was best of 7. the other two cases it was best of 5 which was easier for an upset.

JMK
May 4th, 2007, 10:57:01 PM
I managed to catch a little bit of that series and was keenly interested to see if Dirk would follow up his MVP-caliber season with a similar playoff performance. To put up 8 points with your season on the line is completely inexcusable. Any criticism he gets is totally fair. I know Golden State has Dallas' number and that Don Nelson seems to have the magic bullet when it comes to the Mavs, but come on! Dirk - wake the hell up!

It's interesting that all I heard on espn radio was people saying that Dirk can't lead in the playoffs because he's European and doesn't understand how much tougher the playoffs are. NHL fans have been saying that for YEARS for teams that have European captains.

sirdizzy
May 9th, 2007, 10:16:48 PM
The year the Nuggets did it 1994 they went on to face the Utah Jazz who took a 3-0 lead in that series to follow it by 3 straight losses before winning game 7. Well the Warriors just dropped to 0-2 against the Jazz before heading home to Oakland in one of the most exciting games in years. Jazz led by 4 with 3 minutes to play blew the lead and trailed by as many as 5 with one minute to go. Made the comeback and tied it up with 2 seconds to go then promptly blew the Warriors out in overtime 14-4. Fisher who had family issues flew into the game halfway during the 3rd quarter and hits a massive 3 pointed in OT against his former team. This Jazz/GS series is twice as exciting as the GS/Dallas series with half the press coverage.

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2007, 10:26:34 PM
I think that series doesn't matter. The winner of the NBA Finals will be the winner of the Suns-Spurs series. That thing is going to seven, IMO.

sirdizzy
May 10th, 2007, 06:05:56 PM
the jazz or the warriors could upset the suns or the spurs (the jazz were 3-1 against the suns this year and 2-2 against the spurs) I wouldn't count either team out just like Dallas counted out the warriors

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2007, 06:32:47 PM
I think if the Suns can get past the Spurs they will overcome their greatest demon in the playoff and win the NBA Title. If the Spurs win it will because of defense and I think that will be too much for anybody. I wouldn't look at regular season records. I know abot Dallas but Dallas had a lot of issues with Golden State.

sirdizzy
May 11th, 2007, 10:07:11 AM
the Warriors and the Suns have a very similar style, its a run and gun ala the old showtime days. Now the only team to really own and I mean own the Warriors was the Spurs because they play that physical, hard nosed slap you in the face defense that is the perfect counterpart to the run and gun. the Jazz have a very similar style but just to less of a degree (this is why they always struggle against the Spurs, the Spurs simply do it better) but they also have proven they can run the ball as well.

If it were to come to a warriors/suns conference finals I would put my money on the Suns because they just do the run and gun better plus they are a deeper team and if the Warriors get past the Jazz on an 8 man (and rumored to be a 7 man) rotation they are going to be gassed and have little left in the tank. But the Jazz on the other hand could fare fairly well against the Suns its the reason they went 3-1 against them as they can play the physical style plus they can run with them if needs be. I'd say it was a 60/40 in favor of the suns in a suns/jazz series but I wouldn't be surprised if Utah had it in em to beat em. Now on the other hand if it came down to a Jazz/Spurs series I'd put my money on the Spurs.