PDA

View Full Version : Death Star

Tiberius Anar
May 3rd, 2007, 12:41:44 PM
As I understand it we still have a heavily damaged Death Star floating in orbit around Endor. I was wondering what, if anything, has been done with it? I am rather taken with the idea of dismantling it. Now there's a radical thought for you- Imperials NOT leaping at the opportunity to wield a massive weapon.

Travis North
May 3rd, 2007, 02:12:35 PM
Not a thing has been done with it as far I know. I've been away a while though. Although I'd assume it to have been moved to a more Imperial friendly location.

What's your idea?

Park Kraken
May 3rd, 2007, 02:27:25 PM
Well assuming that the thing didn't fall out of orbit and destroy the surface area of Endor (sort of like the Sernpidal incident in NJO), it would be a huge investment to repair it, and probably really would bankrupt the Empire.

I vote we salvage what we can (we can probably get a lot of the weapons mounted on the surface away ok), and then scrap the rest, using the scrap metal to comission a few SSDs and a sizeable support flotilla of ships.

Tiberius Anar
May 3rd, 2007, 04:02:26 PM
It just occurred to me that we had this massive thing we weren't doing anything with. It doesn't have to be a major story point or anything, just would be nice to resolve it.

Not sure about SSD's from it- the metal has been used and abused already. You could probably melt it down smaller scale things though.

Y'roth Helghast
May 3rd, 2007, 04:22:43 PM
I say leave it be for now.

There's no clear evidence that the Empire would've been bankrupted by continuing construction of the second Death Star. While the Battle of Endor proves to be a great loss for both sides I would say it was only enough to set the Empire back, not to put them in the negative.

Again, I say we leave it be for now. But thanks for the reminder Anar, it could provide to be a great topic in the future.

But we might want to establish a bit about it just so we're all on the same general level of what its condition is and where it is at the current moment. :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2007, 04:36:51 PM
You could salvage all that scrap metal, send it Geonosis. As I'm sure the Empire has taken over that world since the Clone Wars and mothballed the droid factory there, I don't imagine it to be a hard task to get the factories running again and start building a droid army of the Empire's own with the leftovers :)

Khendon Sevon
May 3rd, 2007, 05:46:54 PM
I say we take all of the turbolasers and mount them on a single, super-cool SSD and name it the "POrk-u-Pine".

That's just my 2 cents.

L'Vek Darkivven
May 3rd, 2007, 07:15:50 PM
I say we take all of the turbolasers and mount them on a single, super-cool SSD and name it the "POrk-u-Pine".

That's just my 2 cents.

Brilliant!

Tiberius Anar
May 4th, 2007, 03:15:41 AM
If a little likely to get us laughed at for the name.

I suppose we could agree upon a condition report and have it slipped into a thread somewhere in passing.

Khendon Sevon
May 4th, 2007, 01:28:07 PM
Laughed at? Laughed at! LAUGHED AT!

Who can laugh as their babies are charred by a concentrated barrage of superheated uberness!! Who can laugh as the shadow of the Empire grips tight and rips the last ounce of breath from their lungs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who can laugh?! I'll tell you who can laugh!!!!!

We can!! Aaaaahahahahahahahah!

*blink*

Where am I?

Park Kraken
May 5th, 2007, 02:46:44 PM
I don't know about an SSD name, but it makes a good name for a BBQ resturant specializing in Pork. Kraken's Pork-U-Pine BBQ shack. Now there we go. All Imperials invited, girls excluded (except S'Il, mainly because she's like a tomboy sort of)!

Seriously though, any salvage project is going to take a long time, considering the massive size of the battlestation. Even if it is heavily damaged, I would say two-three years at least for a salvage or scrapping project of any kind.

Miranda Tarkin
May 5th, 2007, 06:56:50 PM
I think in the very first thread, Miranda said something about dismantling it to repair the fleet :)

Tiberius Anar
Dec 24th, 2007, 06:29:57 AM
An opportunity to do someting really fun with the Death Star:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17234