PDA

View Full Version : Sword's Point

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:08:38 PM
:: Fiona tied her hair back and took up a rapier from the wall, testing it's balance as Michele walked into the fitness room. Brigid was gone for the week, to visit a mutual friend of theirs in Okinawa. Fiona turned with a smile as she dispatched an imaginary opponent ::

"Whenever you're ready, Miss Hawkins." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:20:00 PM
There were two rapiers that had been crossed on the wall. I took the other one and whapped Fiona on the butt. "That's for making me stop studying."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:31:02 PM
:o "Ohhhhhhh!!!!"

:: Fiona practically dropped her blade as Michele struck her on the derriere. Her cheeks burned bright as she whirled in astonishment at Michele's audacity. Uttering a gasp, she gave a quick salute while rubbing her her backside ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:35:11 PM
I take my studies seriously, even if I have no clue what the hell it is I'm supposed to be studying. Ms. Devlin has a bad habit of forcing me to train or trick me into submission with food to get me to stop studying. So, I wanted to get my point across! Now down to business ...

I return the salute and stick my tongue out at her.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:39:49 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widened as she circled, her cheeks still a bright shade of pink ::

"Feeling sassy, are we?"

:: She tapped blades with Michele, and the match began ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:41:13 PM
"No. Not feeling sassy." I step forward with a smirk and we lock blades. "Just my study time always being disturbed is annoying."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:51:18 PM
"I appreciate that luv, but you need to think of the gathering as well. The time we have left does depend on keeping ourselves in top form."

:: She pressed forward, forcing Michele on defense ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:54:24 PM
Gah! I fall back in order to parry her incoming attack and end up being on the defense. Least she hasn't whacked me back yet. "Yeah yeah ..."

The Gathering. Honestly, the last thing I wanna think about. I don't really get a damn about the Game, but there are others out there that do and want my head. So I practice. I practice and bitch about it even though there is nothing I can do about it. The only thing that drives me to get better and stronger is making sure I live for Fiona. She's all that matters.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:20:05 PM
:: There were a few changes back and forth before the disarm came. Fiona kicked the blade up off the ground for Michele to catch ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:37:53 PM
I caught it by the handle and sighed as I twirl it once before getting into proper stance again. All I know is that I'm really screwed if an Immortal Fiona's age decides to whack me off. I'm a kid after all and barely know what I'm doing. Sure, I've taken one head and gained a lot of knowledge and insight into what my abilities can be, but that's really nothing. I'm really just a kid in all of this.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:49:58 PM
:: Fiona took defense this time, testing Michele to see how she put everything she's learned together ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:52:53 PM
Oh fun. Me on offense against Fiona. Might as well drop the sword again ... I haven't won a spar against her since I punched her in the nose ... ahem. Just I was really angry back then and was taking it out on her. Now it's just trying to be better then Fiona and that really isn't gonna happen any time soon.

Anyway ... I put the weight of myself on my back foot so I can get a good lunge forward ...

Like it's gonna work but hey, I might overpower her or ... something.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:12:31 PM
:: Fiona lost her focus, and ran off the dueling square with a silly grin on her face. She swatted at the air with her Rapier ::

"That was good."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:19:36 PM
I blink. As much as I love her, she's insane. Certifiably too I think. "I'll never figure you out."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:23:38 PM
"You are improving, my chick."

:: She stepped back into the dueling square and swished her ponytail back and forth before advancing ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:24:51 PM
"No, I'm not." I salute and get into a stance. "You got distracted like the silly elf girl you are."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:30:46 PM
:: Fiona returned the salute with a pixie grin, then turned serious as she pushed Michele to her limits, stopping to correct errors she made along the way. The older immortal broke down a vast array of moves for her lover, ranging from Germany, Italy, France and Spain. It was one of the most elaborate lessons she had been given to date ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:36:39 PM
Man, I had to say something. Now my brain was being bombarded with information! I asked for it, but I'm grateful. I appreciate when Fiona gets serious like this since it is really the only way I can learn and I absorb the information, really concentrating and demonstrating the skills she is teaching me.

... And I'll admit this to myself and you, this is much better the studying.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:47:42 PM
:: After a half hour, they moved onto Florentine. Fiona was patient, being careful not to overwhelm Michele, but to get her comfortable and interested in the vast range of dueling styles ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:50:41 PM
Talk about a way to get a trip around the world, by learning how other cultures can kill you with a sword.

You know what's really funny? Several months ago and I'd be on the floor asking for mercy. I had no stamina whatsoever ... Well, in relation to fighting! But between my work outs, taking a head and Fiona acting like Hitler, I've come a long way. Hell, I have muscles! MUSCLES! Not to say I wasn't healthy beforehand but I wasn't close to being tone. I was just skinny.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:01:10 PM
:: Fiona taught Michele several ways to execute a disarm, and the lesson finished with Fiona swept off her feet. She squeaked as Michele planted a foot upon her belly in victory ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:02:56 PM
I stare down at my lover with critical eyes and pop her on the nose gently with the flat of the blade. "You let me win."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:10:39 PM
:: Fiona's eyes crossed as they focused on the sword's point. Then she blinked and gazed up at Michele ::

"I am your teacher. You can't learn if I don't allow you room to move."

:: She squirmed beneath Michele's still firmly planted foot, and stuck out her tongue defiantly ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:12:42 PM
"Ah good. At least I know that I still suck compared to you." I get off of her and smile at her antics. "But thanks. I'm learning a lot today."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2007, 01:44:06 PM
:: Fiona sat up and rubbed her belly, pouting slightly as she thought to herself ::

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 12:36:00 PM
Hrmp. I know that look. She's brooding about something. "What's wrong?" I ask as I offer a hand to get Fiona to her feet.

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 01:26:50 PM
:: Fiona unconciously reached her hand out, then seemed alarmed as she was pulled to her feet ::

"Oh!!! What?"

:: She smiled, blinking away the passing thought as though it were a daydream ::

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 03:21:47 PM
My lip slides back not buying it. "You know what..."

I tap her forehead. "What's going on in that kender like brain of yours?"

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 03:34:37 PM
:: Her eyes crossed from the tapping, and she looked confused ::

"A Kender?"

:: Her mind raced ::

"What's a Kender?"

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 03:38:31 PM
"You better not be dodging my question..." I glare at her but then explain. "I Kender is a character from D&D that is easily distracted by shiny objects and their own thoughts."

I grin big. "Fits you perfectly. Just need some pointed ears."

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 03:49:24 PM
:: She stared wide-eyed at Michele without a word before nodding ::

"Oh." :D

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 03:51:26 PM
"Okay, so ..." I tap her nose. ".. what was going on in that brain of yours?"

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 04:01:06 PM
:: Fiona wiggled her nose reflexively at the interrogation ::

"Junko." she murmured.

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 04:02:46 PM
"Ah." I turn around and place the sword back on the wall. "I kinda figured."

Junko is our new Immortal of the month that decided to pass through Chicago. She hasn't outright caused trouble, just kinda appears in the general area as me and Fiona and just watches us. She's a creepy girl that one.

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 04:15:39 PM
"That's one reason I sent Brigid to visit Hanzo. I want to know what I'm dealing with."

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 04:29:18 PM
Hanzo is a Japanese Immortal that was once a Ninja. He makes a lot of swords, Brigid has one actually, and he's trained many of our kind. It's a good bet that Junko might have been a student of his at one point.

Course, I only know this because Brigid was kind enough to tell me these things. She is much easier to talk to then Fiona sometimes. Getting information outta that woman is like pulling god damn teeth. "So you've never met her?"

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 04:34:41 PM
:: Fiona shook her head as she put the Rapier back on the wall ::

"No." she replied, chewing a strand of hair.

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 04:36:50 PM
"Heh, no wonder you're so worried." Fiona hates not knowing what's going on in the Immortal world. She always worries when one pops up that wants a head, but more so when one shows up that she's never heard of.

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 04:42:17 PM
:: Fiona reached out to play with Michele's hair, fussing over her like a cat as she preened it ::

"I'm not worried, just careful."

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 04:43:52 PM
"You are too worried," I say as I moved my head the right way so her hand found my cheek. "You're worried about me when things like this happen. Don't deny it."

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 04:48:51 PM
"Aye, Macushla." she said with a soft growl, and pet Michele's cheek.

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 04:51:23 PM
I chuckle and kiss the palm of her hand. "Don't think I don't worry about you too ..."

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2007, 05:02:27 PM
:: Fiona gripped Michele's head playfully by the ears and shook it gently as she smiled ::

"Thank you."

:: She kissed Michele on the lips. Twice. Then she padded off to the bathroom ::

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2007, 05:06:20 PM
I have a big goofy grin on my face as I watch Fiona walk off. But I pull myself together and stretch with a yawn.

"I need beverage." And with that, I was off to the kitchen to get something to drink. Perc darted into view and padded around me until I started pouring myself a glass of lemonade. That was when he rubbed up against my leg and started swatting me with his tail. So I mushed his face with my bare foot and so the war began ... his paws vs. my toes.

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 09:07:36 AM
:: Fiona watched curiously in the doorway as the battle ensued. Sir Perceval gained the advantage by trapping Michele's foot and nibbling her big toe into submission ::

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 09:11:01 AM
"Ah!" I try and wiggle my foot away once teeth were entered into the equation. But all that ended up happened was me dragging Perc across the floor with me! Bastard was locked on tight!

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 09:25:23 AM
"Get Her, Percy, Get Her!!! :lol Yes!!! :lol YES!!!" :lol

:: Fiona was grinning wickedly as she cheered for her chosen gladiator. She was enjoying herself far too much ::

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 09:31:14 AM
My head darts up with an incredulous look thrown at my girlfriend. I hop to the counter and grab the nearest object from outta the sink, an empty plastic 1 qt container, and fling it at her. "Quiet you!"

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 09:40:53 AM
"Ohhhh!!!"

:: Fiona instinctivley grabbed another container and chucked the contents at Michele. White flour. Perceval retreated as the cloud settled, and Fiona's cheeks puffed as she tried not to laugh ::

"Oh Look!!! :D A Kabuki!!!" :lol

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 09:52:41 AM
I cough, hack and choke on the cloud of flour, flailing my arms around to disperse the cloud around me.

She did not just do that?! I mean WHAT?!

My nose curls up in a snarl, not a mad snarl. You know, the kinda snarl that comes that says 'Oh it's on!'

I grab the coveted coffee beans and take the twist tie off with a devilish grin before whipping a handful at her.

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 09:56:56 AM
:: Horror swept over Fiona's face as a handful of coffee beans flew ::

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!! ARE YOU MAD???!!!"

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 10:00:57 AM
I grin like a mad woman as Fiona was showered in coffee beans. She just stood there, stunned! Like a deer in headlights. Hah! I grab another handful and wind up for the pitch. "You threw flour at me ..."

Then an idea dawned on me as I pick up the flour bag from off the floor. "I wonder what happens when you mix these two ..."

See Fiona is insane when it comes to coffee. Well, more so then usual. I'm basically destroying her religion here. Ain't it great?! :D

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 10:04:58 AM
:: Fiona fell to her knees in panic, trying to catch the beans before they hit the floor ::

"STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! THAT'S ARABIAN MOCHA, YOU VILE WOMAN!!!"

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 10:06:00 AM
I smirk evilly and allow one bean to fall into the flour ...

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 10:08:22 AM
"Don't Do That!!! I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry!!!"

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 10:14:34 AM
I pucker my lips as I crouch down ready to unload all the beans into the flour bag as I contemplate her apology. I pretend to look not impressed. "How sorry?"

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 10:17:26 AM
"I'll do anything!!! Anything!!! Just stop killing the beans!!!" she cried.

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 10:47:21 AM
"Anything?" I chew on my lip. The need to make her suffer wins. "But you already give me everything I want or need."

All the time my hand hovers over the bag, ready to dump the beans! Giggle ...

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 10:52:37 AM
:: Fiona's eyes narrowed as she knelt before Michele ::

"You put those beans back where they belong right now or I swear you'll regret it, Michele Hawkins!!!"

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 10:55:15 AM
"Pfft." I put them down as requested as if I was busted. However, she fell right into my trap. In one motion, the rest of the bag of flour was dumped over her head.

"You're a dork. You know that right?" :D

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 10:59:18 AM
:: Fiona whined as she got powdered, then promptly tackled Michele as she was gloating ::

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 11:01:47 AM
My victory did not last long as I was slammed against the floor. And since it was completely by surprise, I get pinned down. "Gah!

Fiona is a small little lass, but she can totally take me down like I'm the featherweight!

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 11:06:40 AM
"Now you've done it!!! Now You've Done It!!!"

:: Fiona held onto Michele's ankle, dragging her across the floor until she was within arm's reach of the refridgerator door. She seized an egg with her free hand, and pelted Michele. She held on, reaching for another ::

Michele Hawkins
May 4th, 2007, 11:11:30 AM
Bitch! I quickly fumble inside the fridge for a weapon and pull out ... some chocolate syrup?

It works! And I pop the cap open with my thumb and squirt it all over Fiona's chest.

Fiona Devlin
May 4th, 2007, 11:27:48 AM
:: Fiona fell into quick retreat, running in circles as Michele squirt her. She had one egg left though, and grabbed onto Michele long enough to stuff it down her pants. The battle paused as the shell broke, and Fiona chuckled as she wiped the chocolate from her face ::

"What's wrong, Hawkins? Did you lay an egg?" :p

Michele Hawkins
May 5th, 2007, 09:57:45 AM
Outta the corner of my eye, I saw Perc watching the insanity unfold. The little bugger yawned and then started to lick his paws since a tad, a small tad, of flour dared to touch his perfectly kept fur.

Then it hit me how cold and wet my butt was. I felt ooky, sticky, and nasty. "GOD! What is wrong with you?! Coffee beans can be replaced woman. This is just plain gross!"

I jump to my feet and strip off my sweats and hold them up. It looks like I peed in my damn pants!

Fiona Devlin
May 5th, 2007, 10:10:15 AM
:: Fiona cackled as she pumped her fist in victory, then slipped on some egg yolk and went boom, raising a small dust cloud of flour ::

Michele Hawkins
May 5th, 2007, 10:12:23 AM
I laugh so hard that I double over in pain. "You are such a dork!"

Perc scattered quickly before he got messed up. Smart cat.

Then I throw my pants over her head and run off to take a shower. I don't even want to think about cleaning up that damn mess in the kitchen. I want to be clean first!

Fiona Devlin
May 5th, 2007, 10:51:36 AM
:: Fiona scrambled after her in hot pursuit. They weren't finished yet, as far as she was concerned ::