PDA

View Full Version : What summer movie are you looking forward to?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:53:09 PM
I know I did one for 2007, but really most of the big movies are coming out in the summer so I should have just waited here are the nine I chose which are pretty much the biggest of the bunch. I will throw other in there in case somebody wants to chose something else.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:06:06 PM
Since I couldn't post everything major here are the other major releases (I am sure I won't post something, but a lot of movies I don't know much about)

28 Weeks Later May 11
Oceans 13 June 8
Evan Almighty June 22
Die Hard 4 June 26
Ratatouille June 29 (Pixar's newest movie)
Hairspray July 20
I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry July 20 (Adam Sandler Comedy)
Stardust August 10th
Invasion August 17(Remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers)
Halloween August 31(remake)

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:55:24 PM
What if my answer is all of them? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:41:24 PM
What if my answer is all of them? ;)

Heh I know the feeling, I am going to see most of them.

Droo
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:21:40 PM
After the early reviews, definately Order of the Phoenix, followed by Spiderman 3 and the Simpsons. I'll go see Pirates 3 just for the sake of finishing the trilogy but I have absolutely no high hopes for it; I don't think even Geoffrey Rush will salvage this shipwreck.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:09:41 PM
I would go with Harry Potter followed by Pirates then Spiderman 3.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:00:10 AM
Happy Potter :D

Yog
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:15:36 AM
I am going to watch all of these. But I am most excited about Spiderman 3.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:18:11 AM
Of the above 9 I am least excited about Fantastic 4 2. I hated the first one, so I doubt I will see the second in theaters. I am very hestitant about Transformers. Michael Bay is a horrible director.

Ryan Pode
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:30:53 AM
Pirates 3.

Yog
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:13:50 PM
I am very hestitant about Transformers. Michael Bay is a horrible director.

That movie is a puzzle to me. On one hand, I hate the fact they are messing with the source material. It's not going to be G1 transformers, that much is for sure. But while most of Michael Bay's movies are horrible, I can't excactly say his movies are dull either. If its going to be an action packed B-movie with lots of eyecandy and droids fighting each other, how bad can it be?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:13:37 PM
That movie is a puzzle to me. On one hand, I hate the fact they are messing with the source material. It's not going to be G1 transformers, that much is for sure. But while most of Michael Bay's movies are horrible, I can't excactly say his movies are dull either. If its going to be an action packed B-movie with lots of eyecandy and droids fighting each other, how bad can it be?

Well Pearl Harbor was dull for about 2 hours lol but anyway. I am not sure about it either. To me Bay has only made one really good movie and that was The Rock. The rest weren't that great. I guess we will see. Also, I am surprised Potter is winning right now. I figured it do well in this poll but I figured Pirates or Spiderman would get the most votes. Of course I still think Pirates will win out with the last one being so popular.

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:11:15 PM
Of the above 9 I am least excited about Fantastic 4 2. I hated the first one, so I doubt I will see the second in theaters.

I never saw Fantastic Four, 'cause I don't care for the comic. But I l-o-v-e the Silver Surfer, so I am on board for this one.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:21:43 PM
I never saw Fantastic Four, 'cause I don't care for the comic. But I l-o-v-e the Silver Surfer, so I am on board for this one.
I like the silver surfer, but I just hate what they did to Dr. Doom. And the only thing they got right in the first film was the Human Torch.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:56:48 PM
Pirates, cause, well, it's Pirates.

Added Bonus - I get to go to it opening night (I hope) with someone whom I haven't seen in about 2 months! (she moved away early Feb. :()

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 6th, 2007, 07:03:53 AM
There was a quote I saw somewhere which said DOOM (as he should be known as) will be more...well...DOOM-like, instead of what he was in the last film.

Which I'm still glad I didn't see.

I did have a couple FF fans say they liked the first movie, but I'm still glad I didn't see it.

Solani Naleen
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:10:58 AM
It's Harry Potter for me, though I don't know if I'll be able to see it in theaters at all, let alone any other movie in theater this summer

Damien E. Dervish
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:08:32 PM
I would have to say that they all seem great. I'm going to see all of them, most likely, but probably via bootleg early release DVD or wait for them to come out on video/DVD....Lack of funding. :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2007, 08:26:06 PM
:shakefist You're the reason my movie tickets are so expensive!

That being said.. Grindhouse opens today. :D

Darth McBain
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:02:45 PM
Potter, though I doubt I'll get to see it in the theaters - I'll probably have other priorities as kiddo number 2 is due pretty soon... :) After Potter, I'm up for Spiderman, Shrek and the Simpsons. The others --- meh...

Hera
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:19:21 PM
Die Hard for me.

And Pirates, but that goes without saying.

Atreyu
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:37:27 PM
Potter all the way. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:29:23 PM
Its a three way race, Potter has a small, surprising lead. Spiderman has sure caught up.

Yog
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:46:13 PM
I am also kinda surprised Potter is leading. Is the interest bigger than other years, or are there just lots of Potter fans on this board?

CMJ
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:58:57 PM
I think just alot of Potter fans here.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:18:49 PM
I think just alot of Potter fans here.

That is what I was going to say. I mean sure the interest is high for the last book and I think July you will see Potter ever where. But I would think Spiderman and Pirates would be higher than Potter for the average moviegoer.

Yog
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:20:50 PM
Oh yeah, definitely. I have little doubt Spiderman 3 and POTC3 are higher on most people's radar. What I was wondering if its sign of a trend. The last movie made $290M. Not sure if this new movie will do less or more. Competition wise, it looks pretty good for HP as the big guns fight it out in may.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:38:59 PM
Oh yeah, definitely. I have little doubt Spiderman 3 and POTC3 are higher on most people's radar. What I was wondering if its sign of a trend. The last movie made $290M. Not sure if this new movie will do less or more. Competition wise, it looks pretty good for HP as the big guns fight it out in may.

Well its big threat is Transformers but I think that will burn out before Potter hits. At the same time, the Potter franchise does better in the Holiday months. I think if it had been released there we might have seen it make 300. In July I think it will do 275 maybe go as high as the 280's. Of course I am not sure what effect the book will have on it.

CMJ
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:11:38 AM
I actually thin Transformers is gonna surprise some people.

Yog
Apr 12th, 2007, 10:31:59 AM

Not a lot of expectations for the quality of Transformers, but I know a lot of people (me included) are going to watch it in theaters anyway. Personally, HP is kinda mneh to me (even though I read a couple books). I will watch HP on DVD or something.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2007, 10:42:54 AM

I think it will just barely cross 200, so I am not sure if that is what you mean. I defintely don't see it doing 250 or anything. I think it only gets young males and older males who enjoyed the old show. I don't see kids or females going to see it.

Yog
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:10:39 PM
I think it will just barely cross 200, so I am not sure if that is what you mean. I defintely don't see it doing 250 or anything. I think it only gets young males and older males who enjoyed the old show. I don't see kids or females going to see it.

I think it will do at least 200M, which is great for a visual effect switch off your brain action popcorn movie. But beyond that, I am not sure. Its legs depends on how well received it is and word of mouth. Normally a movie like this should open around 60M, drop 50% every week or so and dwindle out at 200. The reason I suspect it has potential for more is, it got live action robots in it, and its a new type of setting. How many marvel superhero movies out there? Plenty. How many flicks with gigantic robots with laser beams destroying each other wrecking up the planet? Not that many..

Which brings me to my next point, the kids. While I agree feemales are probably not that interested, kids in general LOVE this kind of stuff. Why do you think it was such a powerful toy franchise in the first place? And how did the cartoons on TV do so well? Think about it. Giant robots. Which can transform. With laser cannons. Destroying stuff. Did I mention robots?

Damien E. Dervish
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:32:21 PM
Females will go if said young and older males drag them to it. And I beg to differ: my wife wants to see it. And so does my daughter. Daughter's reason: because stuff blows up. As a two-year old who likes explosions, she is by far the coolest daughter that I've ever had.....wait, she was the only one....

But you are right. Females will not generally go to see this unless they too are fans of such...

And yes, Yog, you did mention robots.....and let's not forget neat looking vehicle forms. It will do well. Not as well as, say, Jurassic Park did in it's heyday, but it will do well.

Yog
Apr 12th, 2007, 02:22:39 PM
As a two-year old who likes explosions, she is by far the coolest daughter that I've ever had.....wait, she was the only one....

Hold the phone a second. Your two year old daughter wants to see this? O_o

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:54:26 PM
Very young children usually just want to like whatever their parents enjoy. And take her to a matinee for the love of God because if you sit behind me at an evening show and she kicks my chair or runs around the theatre I might go postal.

;)

Damien E. Dervish
Apr 12th, 2007, 04:12:44 PM
LOL. Yes, as a matter of fact, upon seeing the commercial for the first time, and not hearing anything that I said about it, she said, "Ooo. Mommy go see!" And most likely, I wouldn't take her to see it. I'd probably wait for it's DVD release to take her to it.... Most of my movie theater experiences, with the exceptions of Episodes Two and Three of The new Star Wars Trilogy, were craptacular anyway. I wouldn't want to ruin the experience for my two-year-old.

And the last time I did take her to a movie, she sat right through it. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't quite two yet. My daughter is incredibly intelligent for her age. Too smart for her own good, most of the time. Just today, at my wife's work while she was filling out paperwork, she helped another waitress wipe down a table and did an excellent job. My wife told her she did a good job. And then asked why she was being so sweet and what she wanted. My daughter said "French fries." My wife informs her that Waffle House doesn't sell French fries. My daughter's response was that "They should."

But of the lineup, my daughter's movie pick would have to be Shrek the Third. And for such obvious reasons.....Though she did want to see the new Transformers movie, and if I remember correctly, enjoyed the parts of Pirates that she has seen...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:50:47 PM
I think it will do at least 200M, which is great for a visual effect switch off your brain action popcorn movie. But beyond that, I am not sure. Its legs depends on how well received it is and word of mouth. Normally a movie like this should open around 60M, drop 50% every week or so and dwindle out at 200. The reason I suspect it has potential for more is, it got live action robots in it, and its a new type of setting. How many marvel superhero movies out there? Plenty. How many flicks with gigantic robots with laser beams destroying each other wrecking up the planet? Not that many..

Which brings me to my next point, the kids. While I agree feemales are probably not that interested, kids in general LOVE this kind of stuff. Why do you think it was such a powerful toy franchise in the first place? And how did the cartoons on TV do so well? Think about it. Giant robots. Which can transform. With laser cannons. Destroying stuff. Did I mention robots?

Well I am not sure about the kids. So far I am judging things by two things the toys and my nephews. Neither one of my nephews are interested in it. I am basically hearing Spiderman, Pirates and Potter from them. I say the toys because I see 3x times amount of Spiderman toys as Transformers. Of course maybe they are just going overboard with it I don't know. I am not sure if Transformers are popular with kids anymore, but who knows. I think also Potter will put a hit into it. That second weekend will be a big drop because of Potter which will open to anywhere from 100-125 all depending on what the book does to it. I think Potter will be everywhere on the TV that month because of the final book. Still Transformers will open big enough where it won't hurt it too bad. I see it opening like 70-90 million for the 4th weekend and then finishing somwhere in the 200-230 range.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 7th, 2007, 05:04:15 PM
To be fair, today's young kid-base of fans were not too exposed to the greatness that are the Transformers. At least that I've seen. They were much bigger about a decade or more ago, so the big fan base that would be going to see them are elder teens and older. And I'm stretching with elder teens.

(also, to be fair, I have no real conception of time or age, so disregard the above.)

Rutabaga
May 7th, 2007, 07:43:22 PM
Now that Spider-Man 3 has left such a sour aftertaste for me, I can only hope that POTC and Harry Potter help to make me feel less icky.

I'm also looking forward to Live Free or Die Hard and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Transformers.

One of the big blockbusters I'll be skipping is Shrek the Third...loved and adored the first, disliked the second so much that I don't have any interest in seeing the third one. :\

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2007, 09:37:00 PM
I am not sure if I will see Shrek the Third. The only part that looks like it might be fun is Eric Idle playing Merlin. I might just wait for the DVD. Pirates is defintely the next film I am looking forward to. I am not too worried about being disapointed in Potter as I have a good feeling about it. About Transformers, I am not sure what the children now think about it. I see the toys in the stores but they don't seem to move as much as Spiderman, Star Wars and Ninja Turtles toys do. They have less space for them than the above toys as well. I am not sure what that means though.

Ryan Pode
May 25th, 2007, 06:30:29 PM
I kinda wanna see the Adam Sandler film with the guy from King of Queens.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2007, 11:03:08 PM
I kinda wanna see the Adam Sandler film with the guy from King of Queens.

I heard about that although, I expect the typical Sandler comedy. Which isn't a bad thing.

Yog
May 28th, 2007, 05:40:03 PM
My anticipation level for Transformers is raised now, after neither Spidey or Pirates managed to impress me.

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2007, 05:42:57 PM
Looks like Harry Potter is going to win this poll, mainly because it hasn't come out yet. Potter is still my most anticipated movie but that was the case from the beginning.

Diamond Roa
May 30th, 2007, 10:15:23 AM
Harry Potter is out, the last movie defeated itself and the entire series singlehandedly.
Spiderman 3...I was unimpressed.
Pirates was alright, I was mainly just glad they finished that part of the story.
Transformers looks like something I'd enjoy.

But Borne Ultimatum wins this one. I read all the books and while I enjoyed the first one and disliked the second one, I'm curious to see what they do with the third...at this point they're pretty much stuck far off the storyline from the book.

Lucilla Marzullo
May 30th, 2007, 04:59:08 PM
While I am looking forward to seeing all these movies...the only two I may see in theaters is Harry Potter and Rush Hour 3...I've been waiting for these movies since I heard they were being made.

Pirates is something I can wait to come to DVD, so is Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3.

Harry I will definately go see if I have to kill someone to do it!

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2007, 05:01:38 PM
I finally saw Pirates 2 a couple of nights ago - I know I'm late, but I can't afford to see stuff at the cinema all that often - and I can't say that it has left me that excited for Pirates 3 :|

Jedi Master Carr
May 30th, 2007, 05:17:46 PM
Harry Potter is out, the last movie defeated itself and the entire series singlehandedly.
Spiderman 3...I was unimpressed.
Pirates was alright, I was mainly just glad they finished that part of the story.
Transformers looks like something I'd enjoy.

But Borne Ultimatum wins this one. I read all the books and while I enjoyed the first one and disliked the second one, I'm curious to see what they do with the third...at this point they're pretty much stuck far off the storyline from the book.

I disagree with you about GOF. I thought the movie was amazing, but that is my opinion.

Lucilla Marzullo
May 31st, 2007, 05:59:21 AM
I disagree with you about GOF. I thought the movie was amazing, but that is my opinion.

I agree with you there. I find that it's easier to enjoy the movies when you view them only as movies and not compare them to the books, which are far more detailed, not to mention longer, than the movies. Imagine them cramming all of GoF into one film...the final product would be too long to be able to sit and watch it all at once.

The standalone movies are wonderful, I do enjoy the books more though. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they'll do with this installation. (If I'm excited about the film, then I'm really bursting at the seams for the last book!)

Ryan Pode
May 31st, 2007, 11:21:03 AM
I finally saw Pirates 2 a couple of nights ago - I know I'm late, but I can't afford to see stuff at the cinema all that often - and I can't say that it has left me that excited for Pirates 3 :|

Pirates 3 is a lot better than Pirates 2. IMHO.

Diamond Roa
May 31st, 2007, 06:31:45 PM
I agree with you there. I find that it's easier to enjoy the movies when you view them only as movies and not compare them to the books, which are far more detailed, not to mention longer, than the movies. Imagine them cramming all of GoF into one film...the final product would be too long to be able to sit and watch it all at once.

The standalone movies are wonderful, I do enjoy the books more though. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they'll do with this installation. (If I'm excited about the film, then I'm really bursting at the seams for the last book!)

That is precisely why I didn't enjoy the movie. I cannot help but compare the movie to the book after it was such a great book.

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2007, 06:58:30 PM
That is precisely why I didn't enjoy the movie. I cannot help but compare the movie to the book after it was such a great book.

I think you have to try to keep the two seperate. It would be impossible to truly capture the whole book unless you had a six hour movie or something. I think they did a great job, IMO in able to make a very good movie considering they had such a huge book to work with.

Hartus Kenobi
May 31st, 2007, 10:57:12 PM
It was Spidey 3 for me, but I guess now it's either Harry Potter or Fantastic Four

Diamond Roa
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:40:37 PM
I think you have to try to keep the two seperate. It would be impossible to truly capture the whole book unless you had a six hour movie or something. I think they did a great job, IMO in able to make a very good movie considering they had such a huge book to work with.

Wait, there's work involved? No wonder it never works for me...

Rutabaga
Jun 9th, 2007, 05:42:12 PM
Pirates 3 is a lot better than Pirates 2. IMHO.

Ditto.

I'm batting 1 for 2 so far this summer, Spider-Man 3 was terrible but POTC was terrific. Next up for me, I guess, is Live Free or Die Hard. Looks like good mindless violent fun at the movies :angel.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 9th, 2007, 06:56:55 PM
Ratatouille is probably next for me. I have seen everything from Pixar.

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:09:38 PM
I was reading the series for the first time when GoF came out (yes, I was a late inductee into the Harry Fan Club) so my (now) husband made me watch the movie before I ever read the book. Yes, I knew what was going to happen, but I loved the movie and I loved the book even more because it was so much better than the movie
I can't wait for Order and I did like Pirates, but I am way biased
I will see Rush Hour 3 and Fantastic 4 2 and I will see Shrek the Third sometime
And when someone mentioned are there just a lot of Harry Fans on this board... probably, but the Harry Potter movies are doing pretty well they are in the top 15 for Best opening weekend - all four of them... I think that is pretty good
I was very unimpressed with Spiderman 3... which most of you have said - He went like Emo kid on us...
okay, that all for my movie rant :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:45:51 PM
I was reading the series for the first time when GoF came out (yes, I was a late inductee into the Harry Fan Club) so my (now) husband made me watch the movie before I ever read the book. Yes, I knew what was going to happen, but I loved the movie and I loved the book even more because it was so much better than the movie
I can't wait for Order and I did like Pirates, but I am way biased
I will see Rush Hour 3 and Fantastic 4 2 and I will see Shrek the Third sometime
And when someone mentioned are there just a lot of Harry Fans on this board... probably, but the Harry Potter movies are doing pretty well they are in the top 15 for Best opening weekend - all four of them... I think that is pretty good
I was very unimpressed with Spiderman 3... which most of you have said - He went like Emo kid on us...
okay, that all for my movie rant :D

I don't disagree that the Potter books are better of coruse that has a lot to do with a movie is limited in that it has to tell the story in 2-3 hours. A book can be more detailed. I have enjoyed the movies a lot really, especially the last two. I try not to compare them and look at them as seperate enties. I look at the LOTR series the same way.

sirdizzy
Jun 17th, 2007, 03:14:56 PM
I am more looking forward to reading about Harry's death in the 7th book then the movie itself. When i was waiting in line to get into FF2 I got into an arguement with a lady about Harry dieing in book 7 and she finally conceded that she had seen all the hints left in the last 3 books pertaining to his death.

Spidey was my most anticipated of the summer, followed by Bourne. I mean I am excited for Harry but the books are always better for me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:18:52 PM
I am more looking forward to reading about Harry's death in the 7th book then the movie itself. When i was waiting in line to get into FF2 I got into an arguement with a lady about Harry dieing in book 7 and she finally conceded that she had seen all the hints left in the last 3 books pertaining to his death.

Spidey was my most anticipated of the summer, followed by Bourne. I mean I am excited for Harry but the books are always better for me.

I am not sure if Harry is going to die. I could see him living honestly. I think you can read the hints either way, but I am not going to argue about it.

sirdizzy
Jun 17th, 2007, 11:50:09 PM
I know I shouldn't take such perverse pleasure in Harry dieing but I do. I have always been more a villain guy, always liked the more twisted movies that do not follow a typical happily ever after kind of ending. So I am obsessed with seeing him die, I was obsessed when Superman died too.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:04:49 AM
I know I shouldn't take such perverse pleasure in Harry dieing but I do. I have always been more a villain guy, always liked the more twisted movies that do not follow a typical happily ever after kind of ending. So I am obsessed with seeing him die, I was obsessed when Superman died too.

heh okay, although you know there is no way that Harry will die and Voldemort living? If that happened I think I would hate Rowling. Volddemort has to die. I guess Harry could sacrifice himself to destroy Voldemort.

sirdizzy
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:08:46 PM
I have always known Voldermort was going to die, i am reconciled with it. But then again he hasn't been that strong of villain, his death has always been a certainity and he only pops up here and there in the series. A true and proper villain of the series has been Malfoy or Snape who have always been there interwined throughout the story rather than just a shadow or a fear and whom's fate does not seem predetermined. I would be sadder if we find out Snape was good all along, I want him to be bad then if Voldermort meets his end. Malfoy has just been whiney to me, hes the kind of villain you want to see get his come uppings.

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:15:12 PM
I definitely think it's clear that Snape is a good guy, but I think he'll eventually die. Voldemort is not likely to be fooled. Hopefully he gets a hero's death, because he's one of my favorite characters.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:51:27 PM
I definitely think it's clear that Snape is a good guy, but I think he'll eventually die. Voldemort is not likely to be fooled. Hopefully he gets a hero's death, because he's one of my favorite characters.

Personally I think Snape is neither good or bad. I think he does what he has to do to survive. Now he might do something good in the very end. Also this is gettiing way off topic. I guess it is time to start a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow book thread :)

CMJ
Jun 30th, 2007, 07:55:45 PM

I posted this how long ago? The buzz for this film appears to be MASSIVE right now. I was hesitant to say it back in March/April, but even then I felt this was the film to beat at the BO.

I may be still be proven wrong, but it's gonna be way bigger than most figured just a few months ago(not even 200M was the estimate I read most)...I guarantee that. I think we're looking at 130M+ for the first 6(plus Monday's 4 hours) days.

Cat X
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:52:04 PM

I posted this how long ago? The buzz for this film appears to be MASSIVE right now. I was hesitant to say it back in March/April, but even then I felt this was the film to beat at the BO.

I may be still be proven wrong, but it's gonna be way bigger than most figured just a few months ago(not even 200M was the estimate I read most)...I guarantee that. I think we're looking at 130M+ for the first 6(plus Monday's 4 hours) days.

130M+ for 6 days? No, Add another 30M at least. No doubt I think it will win the summer, the thing is it will take every single July record and add a signifigant percentage to it.

Now that the advance word from Australia and previews is out...... you know it's worth it and it's rattling up big, big business here on NON holiday days. Even at 3pm on a Friday, it filled the cinema of over 1000 people. Even the theatre attendants were amazed by the amount of people coming out to see it.

Transformers could just be bigger than anyone imagined.

CMJ
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:27:25 PM
130M+ for 6 days? No, Add another 30M at least.

That would technically be included in 130M+. :-P Tracking seems to indicate a number in the 145M range. I'm hesitant to call for anything much larger than that because...well...Nielsen usually gets pretty darn close.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:33:35 PM
I still am not sure I am thinking it will make around 230. I think the competition will be just too fierce. It has Order of the Phoenix a week after is release. And that will probaly do 150-160 in its first 5 days. Actually I think Transformers will keep Potter from making 300. Right now I say Transformers does 225 and Potter 280.

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:40:50 AM
I still am not sure I am thinking it will make around 230. I think the competition will be just too fierce. It has Order of the Phoenix a week after is release. And that will probaly do 150-160 in its first 5 days. Actually I think Transformers will keep Potter from making 300. Right now I say Transformers does 225 and Potter 280.

I think 225M is way too low right now. It could make 300M, and even Spidey is not safe.

Cat X
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:52:41 AM
I'll make an avatar bet for a week that Transformers makes over 300M. I say it does and if you bet me and I lose, my avatar thence oppen for you to have it changed to whatever you want. However if *I* win, I get to do the reverse to you.

Who's going to take me on?

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:17:07 AM
Having actually see this movie, not me, that's for sure. Maybe Jedi Master Carr will challenge you :D

Hartus Kenobi
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:17:44 AM
Just from the commercials and trailers, I'd probably switch my poll answer to Transformers

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:07:12 PM
I rarely make bets. The only thing I will bet you is Harry Potter will beat Transformers world wide. I am 100% certain of that fact. I say that because Transformers will get slaughered by Potter in Europe. I still say the competition is too fierce for 300. You have Die Hard 4, Ratatouille, OOTP and an Adam Sandler film coming out. That is a lot big movies and will hurt all of the films. Maybe I will be wrong and it will hit 250, but we will see. I just think it won't get the big family demographics to get it over 230 range.

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:26:01 PM
I rarely make bets.

Come on, don't be such a wuss :mneh

Put the money where the mouth is and bet. Do you believe Transformers make less than 300M or not?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:45:52 PM
I rarely make bets.

Come on, don't be such a wuss :mneh

Put the money where the mouth is and bet. Do you believe Transformers make less than 300M or not?

heh I just don't bet anything because I always lose :p I will make my other bet only because I can't see anybody disagree with me there heh.

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:42:17 PM
But you have been talking all year about how you think Transformers will only make 200-225, maybe 250 at most :)

Cat X
Jul 9th, 2007, 04:12:11 PM
130M+ for 6 days? No, Add another 30M at least.

That would technically be included in 130M+. :-P Tracking seems to indicate a number in the 145M range. I'm hesitant to call for anything much larger than that because...well...Nielsen usually gets pretty darn close.

155M+ actual. Told ya all this was going to do way better than expected