PDA

View Full Version : London '08?

Khendon Sevon
Mar 28th, 2007, 02:29:05 PM
What is crazy Khendon talking about? What does this title mean? London? Is he taking a trip?

Well, a trip I may be on; but, it won't be a visit.

I'm applying to study abroad spring semester of '08. Guess where? ;) That's right, London! London, London, London, Nodnol!

Why London? The University College London was one of the only places that had a CS department strong enough for my liking (on the list given to me of schools that my school has a relationship with). Plus, they offer all the courses I have to take my spring '08 semester so I won't be behind at all. Besides, all the Italian places that are on the piece of paper I have in front of me offer at max 3 courses in CS and they're waaaaaaay under the level I need.

UCL has compiler design, database & information management systems, and all sorts of spiffy stuff like software engineering & human interaction something-or-other and whatnot.

Besides, they speak English in England, right? Right?! And I know English!!! I do!

Also, there's a London chapter of the International Game Developer's Association (IGDA). Since I'm a member ;) Would be fun to go to their meetings, maybe make some new international connections.

Plus, for spring break I can go ice climbing or something in some european nation somewhere. That'd be great!

Mmm...

Right, nothing is finalized yet, of course.

Still, *POKE*!

I'm psyched ;)

Now, how many Fans are in England?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 28th, 2007, 05:38:02 PM
:wave

I'm a train ride away from London, up north.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 28th, 2007, 10:48:29 PM
:) That's very good news!

That means I can literally knock on your door and go, "Have you read my novel yet?!" ;) Then buy you a drink and talk 'bout life, liberty, and starwars.

I need to get some mountaineering in. I hope I can find some experienced, intelligent, and fun people to climb snowcapped mountains with.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:56:17 PM
You should go to Switzerland for mountaineering. ;)

Though Brimham Rocks (http://www.brimhamrocks.co.uk/) was my favorite spot to go for rock climbing.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 29th, 2007, 08:06:28 PM
I was thinking of finding someone there who does mountaineering ;p That way I don't have to bring all of my gear, just the basics.

Andrew Crest
Mar 29th, 2007, 09:01:09 PM
Heck, if you're going to moutaineering in Switzerland, just speak with my grandfather. He did a lot of mountaineering back in the day, my uncle as well. They live in the Bern area. :p