PDA

View Full Version : Sith Similarities

Doc Milo
Mar 17th, 2007, 12:34:14 PM
Return of the Jedi is on HBO right now. I'm watching it. I've posted on similarities/tie-ins within the movies before. This is just adding to it, I guess.

Along with the endings being mirrors between I & IV (celebration/medal ceremony scenes) II & V (Luke Leia Droids looking out over sea of stars/ Anakin Padme droids looking out over sea of Naboo) and III & VI (Montage of wrap-up scenes) I found a similarity in the way two of the Sith die.

Darth Maul falls down a shaft (admittedly cut in half) and Emperor Palpatine is tossed down a shaft.

Probably just a reach -- but it's something to post . . . .

JMK
Mar 25th, 2007, 05:59:49 PM
I'm sure there's something there. Unless GL is a really uncreative lump. Which he isn't.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:18:29 PM
A lot of what was done in the first 3 is mirrored in these "new" 3.

I was watching A New Hope last night (well, part of it, I put it on to fall asleep too/have noise in the background) and I heard a quote that was said in Revenge.

In A New Hope, Han says "This is where the fun begins" as they are escaping Tantooine.

In Revenge, Anakin says this same exact line at the beginning.

It's probably nothing big, but it's there.

Hartus Kenobi
May 26th, 2007, 05:55:16 PM
I definitely think there's something to the "falling down a bottomless pit"-thing to it. Maybe it's just the metaphor for the darkside.

Clea Darkrunner
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:38:46 PM
No - it's part of the great Jedi Pit thing. ALL Force Users fall into pits, sooner or later......

Hartus Kenobi
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:45:49 PM
Also the sarlaac and the asteriod worm thing. Those were also in pits