PDA

View Full Version : Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4.0)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2007, 12:56:07 AM
Teaser poster! I don't really have any more content to add at this time. ^_^;

Rutabaga
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:17:53 AM
It may suck, but it's Die Hard, man! I'll be there :).

Morgoth Brimstone
Mar 1st, 2007, 01:50:50 PM
Oh, I'll be all of that like white on rice, a glass of milk, a paper plate, in a snow storm ^_^ (Gota love Major Pain)

Zem-El Vymes
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:01:42 PM
Like a Die Hard movie has ever sucked :rolleyes

Even Die Hard 2, with all of its "OMG GLOCK 7 CERAMIC GUN OH NO" crap was awesome.

I'm there :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2007, 08:59:20 PM
There are a couple of trailers out there. It might be fun, the only problem I have is Justin Long is the sidekick character. He might be the only bad thing about the movie.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:58:33 PM
I don't know if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that they're setting up Justin Long to continue the franchise.

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 1st, 2007, 10:23:01 PM
I. Can't. Wait.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:36:54 PM
I don't know if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that they're setting up Justin Long to continue the franchise.

That wouldn't work, the kid can't act.

JMK
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:34:32 PM
Sweet fancy Moses I can't wait for this!

John Maclane

Toughest. Man. Ever.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:53:45 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IfRb-sWuDk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IfRb-sWuDk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

New trailer!!!

Rutabaga
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:04:14 PM
I'm so there!!! :clap :thumbup

Liam Jinn
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:03:00 PM
Maybe it's the beer talking, but I'm not getting the whole "Die Hard" feel from the trailer. Seems like one of those cheesy XXX movies with Vin Diesel or something. Not quality material, but bah... like it matters, I'll see it anyways. I mean, it's friggin Die Hard. :)

JMK
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
Aw hell, I'm all over this.

I felt some of the 'Die-Hardness', even though it may suffer from a bit of 21st century XTREME!!!! that every movie seems to be riddled with (a la xXx).

jjwr
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:55:56 AM
"I was out of bullets" - LOL

I love the title if nothing else.

Rutabaga
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:09:31 PM
So, am I the only one who saw this movie this weekend? :\

Overall, I liked it a lot, although some of the best moments action-wise were already blown in the trailers and commercials. But it was still very entertaining, and I don't care if Bruce Willis is 52 years old, he can still kick butt along with the best of 'em. :thumbup

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
I saw it :)

I agree some of the high points were already given away in the trailers but it was a fun action flick. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Bruce Willis can still produce some good popcorn action :thumbup

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:23:33 PM
I saw it yesterday - it was great! Justin Long and Bruce Willis had great banter and Kevin Smith's role was too awesome.

I really enjoyed it. :D

Yog
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:49:11 PM
Don't spend all you money, so you can't afford going to Transformers, people :cool

Rutabaga
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:22:07 PM
Oh, I'll still be going to see Transformers, don't you worry :)

Rutabaga
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:23:43 PM
Kevin Smith's role was too awesome.

I want his command center! :cry

Just without the creepy mom, though. :D

Jedieb
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:33:02 AM
I saw it opening day. I'm an 80's child and it's actually a law in certain states that you have to consider Die Hard one of the greatest action movies ever made. I'm proud to say I helped push that legislation through Florida practically single handedly. Bottom line, it's a good Die Hard movie. I'd rank it above the Die Harder which was basically just a ramped up remake of the classic first one. The main villian is probably the weakest of the series, but the guy actually gets better as the film goes along. I never had a problem with Long, but I've been a fan of his since he was on Ed so I've got a bias. Willis is Willis. John McClane spits out attitude the way Clint Eastwood use to spit out jerky juice on dogs. Aside from the ludicrous Harrier Jet sequence, the action scenes are intense and feel like good old fashioned action pieces. I can't wait for the unrated DVD. They actually managed to survive the PG-13 shackles, but I expect the film to be even better when they extend some shots and let the McClane F-bombs fly even more freely.

Olenka Cid
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:05:11 AM
Loved it, the action scenes were all innovative and outrageous, like any Die Hard action scene should be, Bruce Willis did John perfectly once again, he's born to do that role. I loved how he would laugh and make fun of the way he killed the terrorists. Timothy Olyphant played a good villain and well, for the kind of movie it is, it did the job right. Can't wait for the dvd.

(Damn it, this is Itala btw).