PDA

View Full Version : Timeline Troubles

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:44:56 PM
Ok, you probably noticed that the Timeline thread is all frelled up. I really really really want to get this project back on its feet. As I'm going to have to re-look up all the thread links as the upgrade to vBulletin 3.198745y92 changed how our threads are numbered, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the Timeline easier to read?

Perhaps tracking story arcs? But that might get confusing as multiple threads might fit into multiple story arcs. But, it might also be less confusing, if someone wanted only to read the threads regarding, say, Miranda Tarkin's rise to becoming a Moff.

Of course, we can keep it as is (with links that work), or divide it up by character. Or all three. Once I have the links and the descriptions and where they fit in the main timeline it isn't too hard to create additional lists.

Estelle Russard
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:55:43 PM
I like the idea of the links being grouped under certain "Event" headings, simply because I find that much easier to grasp whats all going on. The timeline is sortof like that - BE,AE etc.

The only difficulty doing that is...whats classed as an event? One members event may be another members hiccup. Would we submit our own "Events", editing them into the timeline much like they are now?

It might work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2007, 12:13:51 AM
Well, we could allow Events to be grouped by... Group. So the Empire can have story arcs (Inquisitorate arcs, etc?), TSO, KA, TJE... they would all have their own. Events or Arcs would be submitted by groups, not individuals.

Er, for example the 'new' Purge of the Jedi gene in children is a TJE arc - the Jedi came up with the story arc. However, Imperial and even KA threads are woven into this (Nightmares of Corruption Pt. 2) Arc. Which themselves may be part of a different story arc as well - so threads might appear in more than one Arc.

I suppose there may be some threads that don't fit into any Story Arc, but I really doubt it.

Estelle Russard
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:53:55 PM
That makes sense. I dont see a problem for a thread to appear in more than one story arc. If anything, it would help a reader loop things together in related events.