*oyster sauce
*green onions
*red onion
*green bell pepper
*sliced baby bella mushrooms
*one pack of ramen
*either presliced chicken strips or little salad shrimps
*rice

While your rice is cooking, chop up your veggies. After you've done that, combine a small bit of minced garlic into a saucepan with the soy sauce and a small bit of butter spray (I usually unscrew the spray-top and pour a little bit into the pan). Add the chicken or shrimp.

While the meat is heating up, take your ramen pack, and without opening it just yet, break the noodles into four pieces. Open, remove the flavor packet, and put the noodles into a bowl. Add water, and microwave for two minutes and ten seconds.

While the noodles are in the microwave, add your chopped veggies, and stir. Once the noodles are finished, take them out carefully. Using a slitted serving spoon, add the noodles into the pan. Once the noodles are added, put in some oyster sauce. Continue stirring until it's all cooked to your liking.

I usually add a little bit of sake as a finishing touch - not to mention it smells fantastic when it hits the pan.

By now your rice should be done. You can use the same bowl you used for heating the noodles (just rinse it out for good measure) and mix together your rice and ramen stir-fry concoction.

This is my own method, so there's really no right way to do this.

Enjoy :yum

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 24th, 2007, 07:08:28 PM
It's good :)

For those not in the know about butter spray, Parkay makes some delicious abomination imitation butter spray that has neither fat nor calories, but makes everything taste good. It probably will cause cancer or something but it certainly makes you forget about butter. You could also substitute with a teaspoon of canola oil if you'd rather go that way. More fattening, but it's a healthy fat.

For the rice, Jasmine rice smells great and has the best consistency I think.

Also, I really like using the little seafood medley hobby packs with squid, octopus, and shrimp in them. They're a little more expensive though.

Just chiming in, this is a good recipe.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 25th, 2007, 08:55:07 AM
But if you use Jasmine rice, it's really not poor man's stir fry anymore. :lol

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 26th, 2007, 08:37:44 PM
We buy jasmine in rather obscene bulk quantities so it's a one time purchase every 4 months.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 27th, 2007, 08:24:08 AM
I need to get some of that. I've been living on Uncle Ben's.

Sanis Prent
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:29:06 AM
I'd send you some of ours if I could get the will to go to the post office. I'm trying to eat more brown & long grain rice now anyway. I just made some killer fried rice thingy perfect for workout fuel :)

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:32:47 AM
Minute Rice :love

:lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:54:29 AM
I'm in love with my rice maker, so I don't have to fool around with pots or stoves or microwaves at all. It's such a dream :D

Ryan Pode
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:59:45 AM
I take the roast beef ramen and cook that, then drain the water and add the flavor packet along with a hickory barbecue sauce. It's pretty good. It works well with a spicy barbecue sauce too.

Sorsha Kasajian
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:54:22 AM
It's good :)

For those not in the know about butter spray, Parkay makes some delicious abomination imitation butter spray that has neither fat nor calories, but makes everything taste good. It probably will cause cancer or something but it certainly makes you forget about butter. You could also substitute with a teaspoon of canola oil if you'd rather go that way. More fattening, but it's a healthy fat.

I think I've found something much better, Charley. ;)

http://www.mazola.com/productsPure.asp

Zem-El Vymes
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:34:16 PM
That sounds good :)

I've gotten to the point where I'm using a lot of canola oil and olive oil for my cooking needs. I'm not worrying about unsaturated fat if it's in manageable doses.