PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another new one

Inyos Aamoran
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:32:26 PM
Hey, guys.

Sorry, I know I'm practically still shrink-wrapped when it comes to the forums, but there's one bit about Star Wars RPing that I love doing, and don't have a character to do it with yet. Its been eons since I got to play a fighter pilot properly. I tried it with my Star Trek RPing, but it just isn't the same, and then I got promoted, so I'm not allowed to anymore. :(

I've been peering through specs and such, and I quite fancy going away from convention, and being an XG-1 "Star Wing" pilot. Yeah, they're slow
compared to an Interceptor, but according to the numbers I have they'll outmatch an X-Wing one-on-one.

I know Shadow Squadron is about, but from what I can tell, they fly Interceptors. Because Star Wings are assigned so "sparingly" - only 5 on an ISD, and they don't seem to be standard on any other ship - I wondered if there were any ranking Imperials who might be looking to have fighters around. Maybe someone with an ISD who wants a few pilots as part of their personal guard?

(Tristan Tahmores)

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:59:18 PM
:: ponders ::

>D

Teleran Balades
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:05:21 PM
Eeek, the Moff is getting delusion of Granduer.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:10:17 PM
My Destroyer could use fine young pilots to serve the Empire :mischief The Rebels need something to hit before they can get to me :D

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:17:36 AM
Oooh.

Cannon fodder. Yay! :rollin

Sounds like fun. ;)

If I write up a character outline quick, I might be able to use him in that thread we're working on. :D

*cough*

And now for a sentence without a smiley at the end. If you want me, I'm all yours!

Edit:

That sounded different in my head. >_<

Park Kraken
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:52:48 AM
That oughtta be the Imperial armies' motto.

"If you want me, I'm all yours."

Classic. :mischief

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:13:08 AM
No hitting on the Moff :mad

Teleran Balades
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:34:07 AM
I actually thought that one was in pretty good tastes. Usually we're more gutter-headed than that......

Aiden Tahmores
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:58:41 AM
Profile, for the approval of the lovely Moff Tarkin: clicky (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Aiden%20Tahmores)

Figured it was just as easy to do it in wiki format as any other way.

Didn't put down a rank or anything, or a name for the flight that Aiden leads. I wondered about "Dagger Flight" (Dagger One, Dagger Two, etc), and maybe Senior Lieutenant as a rank? That should be senior enough for this sort of job, but isn't in the same league as most "Squadron Leader" characters.

Sound reasonable? Input? Suggestions?

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:13:57 PM
I'm fine with what you have, so if you want to post in the thread go on ahead ^^

As for rank, that is decided upon by everyone here I think. So I defer to my Imperial colleagues.

Karl Valten
Jan 17th, 2007, 03:01:14 PM
Senior Lietenant is fine for a rank, that'll put you about a third of the way up on the senior officer list.

Gunboats, huh? I don't believe we've ever had a gunboat pilot here.

Park Kraken
Jan 18th, 2007, 05:37:57 AM
Hmmm. I still need to work on a character profile as well. That's something I always neglect when joining RP boards is a character bio. Then again I wouldn't say neglect as much as preferring to write it out in a storyline post rather than on an OOC forum post.