Jan 11th, 2007, 08:16:17 PM
Nice. :)

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3alarge.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3d.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3e.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3b.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3c.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/atta_z2003/pirates3f.jpg

EDIT: Sorry - full credit to the original poster who uploaded them at WorldOfKJ:
http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26578

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:18:38 PM
I love the costumes. Keira's in particular looks great. Orlando Bloom looks more and more like a woman with every passing day.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:20:48 PM
least you can admit it :p

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:26:01 PM
Okay, I'm dumb, and haven't actually managed to see the second one yet ( :( ), but, um...isn't that Barbosa? Isn't he...dead?

Loving Samauri Kiera, though!

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:28:04 PM
Okay, I'm dumb, and haven't actually managed to see the second one yet ( :( ), but, um...isn't that Barbosa? Isn't he...dead?

Go see the second one.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:29:21 PM
Keira :yum

Those are fantastic pics.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:29:51 PM
Yeah, Keira is looking mightly there.... I love the design for her costume/armor

Atreyu
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:30:32 PM
Watch the 2nd film and find out. :)

I'm looking forward to this one. The 2nd one left me feeling a little bit off compared to the original (still decent though), but hopefully this should make for a good ending to the trilogy.

especially with Barbossa back - Geoffrey Rush was awesome in the 1st Pirates

Orlando Bloom looks more and more like a woman with every passing day.
Hmmm, you reckon? I remember in the 1st film he reminded me an awful lot of Errol Flynn - he could do a Captain Blood film. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:39:41 PM
Love, love the posters. And in some casting news that is probably not news at all Keith Richards will be in #3 as Jack Sparrow's dad. This came out a while back, but I can't remember it being discussed here. :)

Rutabaga
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:02:28 PM
OMG, those posters are totally faboo...I loved loved LOVED Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa in the first one, so I almost literally screamed at the end of the second one when he showed up again. So I think I love that one poster the most, especially since he's got Jack the monkey with him :D.

And I honestly did not know about Chow Yun Fat being in it...spiffy! :)

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:12:49 PM
Love, love the posters. And in some casting news that is probably not news at all Keith Richards will be in #3 as Jack Sparrow's dad. This came out a while back, but I can't remember it being discussed here. :)

Yeah, I heard that. From my dad of all people. He spent halloween dressed as Captain Jack... :|

Apparently, that's who the characterisation "Jack Sparrow" was based on, with all the twitching and flailing arms and stuff. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:42:20 PM
I love the costumes. Keira's in particular looks great. Orlando Bloom looks more and more like a woman with every passing day.

It's the long flowing... almost silky hair. He needs a hair cut! Snippy snippy and the like.

Cool pics.

Droo
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:58:19 AM
Plus a complete pansy who speaks like Legolas all the time. His breathless effeminate voice makes me want to stick my head in a pan of boiling chip fat.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 12th, 2007, 12:48:54 PM
JOYGASM :cat

Teroch Tor
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:57:27 PM
I like the weird asian dude with the sword... Sorry. Someone has to love him too. We can't go around only adoring Keira and Geoffrey, commenting on Johnny, and then poke fun at Orlando while completely ignoring the asian dude who is, most likely, the antagonist. Everyone needs equal attention. So I have thus devoted myself to loving the weird asian dude with the sword.

Huzzah!

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:00:37 PM
Something tells me he's not the antagonist. But he looks 'mad cool.'

The East India Trading Company holds Davey Jone's heart, still. He's far from being dead.

Ryan Pode
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:29:43 AM
I'd be willing to bet he works for East India Trading company. Considering East India was India/China while West India was the Carribean.

Atreyu
Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:42:10 PM
UPDATE: just found a page with brand-new concept art from POTC 3 on it. Looks awesome. :)

WARNING - ARTWORK CONTAINS POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

http://www.teenbachelorproductions.com/phpBB2/pirates_art.html

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:02:15 PM
Ah, very nice. I 'found' these the other day, but they had already been taken down at Disney's request at that site. I love the painting of the Asian ship.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:18:44 AM
http://www.movie.de/gallery.php?movie=1025&file=3

More production photos - I love Keira's costume. :love

Kyle Krogen
Mar 14th, 2007, 12:42:24 PM
The asian pirate captain man looks like Attila the Hun :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:30:03 PM
He should look like Chow Yun Fat, because he is. :love

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2007, 04:55:00 PM
They have some cool costumes in this movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2007, 05:19:01 PM
The Trailer is out, it looks awesome
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1564047&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

Rutabaga
Mar 20th, 2007, 06:56:51 PM
Woohoo! :crack

I'm still so stoked about Geoffrey Rush returning as Barbossa, I almost can't focus on anything else. :crack

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 20th, 2007, 07:03:34 PM
So ... shiny o_o

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 20th, 2007, 07:09:11 PM
Oh, this shall be a fun movie!

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 20th, 2007, 08:02:27 PM
I hear my bank account being drained.

Park Kraken
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:42:25 PM
Eek! I'm so juiced about this movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2007, 12:57:24 AM
Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End....

I am sad to say.... it was...

AWESOME! :dance

Too tired to go into details but really, it was a wonderful finish to the trilogy. I heartily reccomend it, me mateys!

Zereth Lancer
May 25th, 2007, 02:22:48 AM
It has Geoffrey Rush. Nuff said.

Ryan Pode
May 25th, 2007, 06:43:28 AM
Best movie of the summer. Hands down. I want to see it again.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 25th, 2007, 10:31:18 AM
I'm going to be dirving about 2ish hours tonight to go see it with one of my best friends... (her and I saw the first 2 together, and we promised eachother we'd see the third one together no matter what...)

Hopefully all your hype will make the drive worth it!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2007, 11:00:29 AM
I wish I coulda seen this with Holly :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for going with Charley tonight or tomorrow then ^_^;

Zereth Lancer
May 25th, 2007, 01:17:10 PM
The critics did not like it, but when do they ever? I thought it was an awesome movie that is on par with the first and loads better then the second. The plot was grand, the visuals and special effects were, as usual, incredible. All the actors did a great job. The best performance, in my opinion, was Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa. He has to be the most piratey of the lot. Nothing beats him running around barking orders in true pirate fashion. No one elses performance compared, although Johnny Depp's performance as Jack Sparrow never forgets to entertain. Keira Knightly was pleasantly vibrant compared to her performances in the other Pirate films. And last, but not least, Chow Yun-Fat was surprisingly good as the Singapore Pirate Lord. Kudos to Chow.

Oh, and Orlando Bloom was Orlando Bloom. *Shrug*

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2007, 05:24:09 PM
Ty said it was the best of the three movies. :thumbup

I say its at least on par with the first one, for me anyway. And it redeems a lot of what people may not have liked about the second one. Really closes the circle and makes everything more awesome. :D

Droo
May 25th, 2007, 08:45:51 PM
Ok, I saw this film tonight. Let it not be forgotten that I absolutely love the first film. The second film was a disgrace and in spite of that, I actually went into the cinema with an open mind tonight, thinking "I might just be pleasantly suprised here".

So let's just start at the beginning, the aptly named At World's End, starts with a shambling, miserable hanging sequence. This is supposed to be a family film and frankly, I found this to be a woefully misjudged opening that just did not inspire any sympathy in my crusade to remain open minded.

Moving swiftly on, fifteen minutes in I was bored witless. I found the majestic sweeping shots of exotic locations to be nothing but the CGI department having delusions of grandeur with regards to what these films are. These films are supposed to be fun and family orientated and, well, follow on in the vein of the first one. These films are not Lord of the Rings.

My major grievances with the sequels lie with the plot. Or the criminal lack thereof. Bewildering audiences with pointles bloated expository rambling and ridiculous quantities of character allegiance shifts made me simply not care. If you're going to hide the fact that you don't have a plot at least hide it behind something with a semblance of substance or wit or depth.

I knew I'd enjoy Geoffrey Rush in the film. I did and it was good to have Barbossa back. Now, Jack Sparrow is so jarring in the sequels which is awful for me because I truly felt he was one of the most innovative characters to grace cinema screens for a long time following the first film. The studio simply thought: "Oh, they liked Captain Jack. Let's turn him into a kebab, let's fire him out of a cannon, let's make ten of him and remove any and all mystery as to why he is the way he is.

Orloondo Bland was repulsive. Someone should tell him that noone, even if they have a severe throat deformity, speaks like that in that breathy husky poncey whisper. He only does it when he acts(and I use this term very loosely) and he gets so much money for it. Orlando, stop doing Legolas! The Rings Trilogy has closed!

As for the other characters, all fall by the wayside regardless of how much contrived dribble the script throws at them to try and dredge them up from the murky waters of irrelevancy. Whether or not its from ruthless one-dimensional immortal squidman to crying misunderstood company lapdog squidman or from lady of the manor to King of the Pirates.

In the film's defense, I laughed at about sixty percent of the gags. Had I not, I don't know how I'd have had the stomach to remain in my seat. I honestly do not comprehend the praise the sequels have recieved. The only conclusion I can draw is that clearly we have been privy to different films and not the flat bloated meandering bore-a-thons to which I have been subjected.

I stayed up late to watch this film in the hope that I would be proven wrong. I was not and I'm am very unhappy about it and hope that memory erasing drugs are manufactured as quickly as possible so that I can return to The Curse of the Black Pearl unhindered by what came after.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2007, 11:05:38 PM
I am going to see it tomorrow, and I am actually looking forward to it. Everybody I talked to loved it. I actually enjoyed Dead Man's Chest and didn't see any problems with it. To me the movies remind me of the specticle of the old Swashbuckling films from the 30's and 40's (most of them didn't have much plot just a lot of sword play) so I don't mind some lack of plot when it comes to these. Hopefully, I will enjoy At World's End as much as I liked Dead Man's chest.

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2007, 01:38:38 PM
I saw it this afternoon. I enjoyed it, I liked it better than Spiderman 3 actually. I would say it is a B+ film, though the best part is the last hour. The big battle with the Whirlpool was amazing. Rush, Deep and the FX made the movie for me. Keira was cool as well.

Park Kraken
May 26th, 2007, 08:36:40 PM
My favorite part would be the two on one duel at the end. Although I liked seeing that governer get his just desserts, if he had just ordered the Endeavour to open fire, his ship may have taken the Black Pearl with her at least. I mean, that ship had at least eighty cannon to a broadside.

Great film, saw it, loved it.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 26th, 2007, 09:24:01 PM
I dunno, I was not a fan of Lord Beckett at all. His character didn't really make sense at the end. OR maybe I missed something.

Definately worth that trip I made. Good flick.

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2007, 09:30:35 PM
I dunno, I was not a fan of Lord Beckett at all. His character didn't really make sense at the end. OR maybe I missed something.

Definately worth that trip I made. Good flick.

Well Beckett was just the new villain they pushed into the series. I didn't like him he always seemed slimly. At the same time I agree with you about him. They put up a lot of mystery about him in the first film like him and Jack had a huge past. Then there didn't seem much to it. Also Anybody else didn't like how they just did away with Norrington and Governor Swan so easily? I mean Swan should have had a death scene at least. I understood why they had him killed but it was a quick exit. Norrington also went out terribly. I guess they didn't want to keep around the other love interest

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2007, 10:19:46 PM
I imagine it would have been a bit messy for Elizabeth to still be slightly conflicted between Norrington and Will, what with the 10 years apart and all. They gave him a noble end. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2007, 10:21:10 PM
I imagine it would have been a bit messy for Elizabeth to still be slightly conflicted between Norrington and Will, what with the 10 years apart and all. They gave him a noble end. :)

Yeah I see that and at least he did do something nobel. Her father was worse I thought. They could have built up his death a little more

Figrin D'an
May 27th, 2007, 12:09:19 PM
Saw it yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed it for what it, and the other two "Pirates" films are... popcorn flicks. Though I do feel that the first film was the best of the three, some of the critiques of "Dead Man's Chest" and "At Worlds End" seem to be unnecessarily harsh. Yeah, there are plot holes and under-developed characters... just as there was in "Curse of the Black Pearl."

Geoffery Rush definitely stole the show as Barbossa.

Mydnyte Syn
May 27th, 2007, 12:53:52 PM
My fiance and I saw this film last night. We're both not sure how we feel about it. Did we like it? Did we not like it? We're not sure. Of course, we had four teens sitting behind us who just would not shut up so for the first 45 - 60 minutes of the film their not-so-hushed whispers prevented us from even hearing parts of the film. I finally got sick of it and turned around. After a rather sarcastic "Do you mind?!" they finally shut their yaps.

Right now all I can say - after that point - is that we were both bored and the effects were neat. We plan to watch it again on DVD in the privacy and comfort of our own home before saying if we liked it or not.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 27th, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
I liked it. It was enjoyable and the music was great.

I want to see it again.

Yog
May 28th, 2007, 04:56:22 PM
Ok, I saw this film tonight. Let it not be forgotten that I absolutely love the first film. The second film was a disgrace and in spite of that, I actually went into the cinema with an open mind tonight, thinking "I might just be pleasantly suprised here".

So let's just start at the beginning, the aptly named At World's End, starts with a shambling, miserable hanging sequence. This is supposed to be a family film and frankly, I found this to be a woefully misjudged opening that just did not inspire any sympathy in my crusade to remain open minded.

Moving swiftly on, fifteen minutes in I was bored witless. I found the majestic sweeping shots of exotic locations to be nothing but the CGI department having delusions of grandeur with regards to what these films are. These films are supposed to be fun and family orientated and, well, follow on in the vein of the first one. These films are not Lord of the Rings.

My major grievances with the sequels lie with the plot. Or the criminal lack thereof. Bewildering audiences with pointles bloated expository rambling and ridiculous quantities of character allegiance shifts made me simply not care. If you're going to hide the fact that you don't have a plot at least hide it behind something with a semblance of substance or wit or depth.

I knew I'd enjoy Geoffrey Rush in the film. I did and it was good to have Barbossa back. Now, Jack Sparrow is so jarring in the sequels which is awful for me because I truly felt he was one of the most innovative characters to grace cinema screens for a long time following the first film. The studio simply thought: "Oh, they liked Captain Jack. Let's turn him into a kebab, let's fire him out of a cannon, let's make ten of him and remove any and all mystery as to why he is the way he is.

Orloondo Bland was repulsive. Someone should tell him that noone, even if they have a severe throat deformity, speaks like that in that breathy husky poncey whisper. He only does it when he acts(and I use this term very loosely) and he gets so much money for it. Orlando, stop doing Legolas! The Rings Trilogy has closed!

As for the other characters, all fall by the wayside regardless of how much contrived dribble the script throws at them to try and dredge them up from the murky waters of irrelevancy. Whether or not its from ruthless one-dimensional immortal squidman to crying misunderstood company lapdog squidman or from lady of the manor to King of the Pirates.

In the film's defense, I laughed at about sixty percent of the gags. Had I not, I don't know how I'd have had the stomach to remain in my seat. I honestly do not comprehend the praise the sequels have recieved. The only conclusion I can draw is that clearly we have been privy to different films and not the flat bloated meandering bore-a-thons to which I have been subjected.

I stayed up late to watch this film in the hope that I would be proven wrong. I was not and I'm am very unhappy about it and hope that memory erasing drugs are manufactured as quickly as possible so that I can return to The Curse of the Black Pearl unhindered by what came after.

Agreed on every point here, I think. Very disappointing :(

The "plot" points were needlessly complicated. The characters, I could not bring myself to care about them the slightest. The acting was unconvincing, unintentionally laughable bad at times, especially the whispering "Legolas" (some pirate that!) and Tia Dalma with her overdone Jamaica accent (reminds me of the voodoo lady in Monkey Island). I strongly object to the direction of the sequels, trying to turn the fun and entertaining pirate adventure into a CGI loaded epic fantasy movie with pompous plot. It just ain't working. AWE took everything I did not like in DMC, and magnified it 20 times. The worst part is, I was bored out of my mind for most of the movie, almost sleep inducing. And even when it was not dull, I was rolling my eyes and shaking my head in disbelief at times. For example: Marriage in the middle of a battle, with canonballs flying all over the place and people fencing and dying, yeah right..

In fairness though, I felt the last 3/4th of the movie was vastly better, because of the action sequences and the effects, which made it somewhat entertaining finally, but too late. This movie was way too long, and failed to deliver on almost every single aspect.

POTC: 5/5
POTC 2: 3.5/5
POTC 3: 2/5

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2007, 05:41:58 PM
I actually loved the Marriage scene, Barbarossa's lines were classics during that scene. As I said I didn't mind any of it the movie reminds me of some of the Swashbuckling movies of the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Like Robin Hood, The Three Musketeers, The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, The Sea Hawk, and Count of Monte Cristo. Most of those movies had very little plot or very complicated ones. Read the Three Musketeers that had some outrageous stuff in there that is lightyears worse that Pirates (Dumas was an awful writer but a great entertainer). I just saw the movie as a popcorn film that was entertaining, but htat is just my opinion.

Rutabaga
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:22:25 PM
Just saw the movie, and I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Although I really enjoyed Dead Man's Chest, I thought At World's End was better than DMC, and almost as good as the first one. Yes it was long, but there was always something going on, and I was left at the end feeling like I'd seen one heck of a pirate movie, something that we haven't really seen in a long time. And I don't understand all the complaining from critics and other viewers who have said that it was too convoluted or confusing or whatever...I had no trouble following the story at all, and neither did my mother. If I have one complaint about movies today, it's that what passes for a script is just scenes patched together and there's not much story there at all. It was nice to see a movie that actually had something of a story going on.

Heck, to give you one idea as to how much I enjoyed the movie...usually I consider Orlando Bloom to be a girly-man, but at the end of the movie, all I could think was, Oh my gawd, he looks just like Errol Flynn!!! :lol

BTW, Geoffrey Rush and Jack the monkey just about stole the show :clap.

Mu Satach
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:22:19 PM
I enjoyed it very much. My favorite line of the whole thing has to be "King!" that Knightly quips at Rush when they are negotiating on the sand barge to shut him up.

Razielle Alastor
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:29:05 PM
I loved almost every minute of it.

I cannot believe they killed Norrington. A pox on them! :verymad

and that is all.. :p

Mr. Flux
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:20:58 PM
I was grinning with glee whenever Barbossa took the helm in the maelstrom and laughed manically. Oh Mr. Rush, will I ever tire of your onscreen antics?

Itala Marzullo
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:24:52 PM
Saw it, it was awesome and the end is a true shocker. It was just HILARIOUS, Jack Sparrow has never been better, the effects were stunning and outrageous, just what I like. I barely caught the last showing before they pulled it off the theather, how lucky!

My only complaint is that they didn't show the other pirate lords in action, but at least they left an open end for more adventures!

When I see all the negative word for movies like these, it's mind-baffling, do you honestly expect another Godfather everytime you walk into the theather? If all movies were amazing, then they would stop being amazing because none would stand out.

But like I said, the hell with pro critics and amateur critics, i loved this popcorn flick, and movies like these are the reason we have cinemas.

Yog
Jul 7th, 2007, 07:10:58 AM
I don't expect another Godfather, but I do expect it to measure up to the previous movies, which I feel it did not. I also expect to be entertained, especially from a popcorn movie. I was bored to death the first 75% of the movie. The last 25% was entertaining though, but too late.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 7th, 2007, 07:54:59 AM
I don't expect another Godfather, but I do expect it to measure up to the previous movies, which I feel it did not. I also expect to be entertained, especially from a popcorn movie. I was bored to death the first 75% of the movie. The last 25% was entertaining though, but too late.

Heh, I wasn't, Jack Sparrow's comedy was gold, but I guess you have to dig the character, and I do, A LOT.

Yog
Jul 7th, 2007, 11:24:38 AM
Well, there lies some of the problem. I thought he was infinitively more funny in the first movie, and even in the second movie. The gags did not work for me at all. So basically, the appeal would be in the action and special effects, and most of that came near the end.

Droo
Jul 7th, 2007, 11:36:11 AM
When I criticise a film, I don't judge it on what it should or could be but simply what it is and in my opinion, calling the sequels to Black Pearl rank average would be paying them a huge compliment.

KM 14
Jul 7th, 2007, 03:37:11 PM
Like I said, I loved it and will make a shiny addition to my collection.

Everyone in the room was laughing whenever Jack, Pintel & Ragetti, would do anything in the screen. The effects were just a bonus to me, I still think Jack Sparrow is the best character this decade.

Park Kraken
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:52:55 PM
I just watched this movie again now that it is out on DVD, and I'm changing my favorite scene. The new fav scene would have to be Lord Beckett's stairway death walk. I thought it was well done with the music and sound effects.