PDA

View Full Version : New Character

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 11th, 2007, 06:02:13 AM
Hey, guys. I haven't done a character application yet - figured I'd ask a couple of questions before I did that.

I'd like to set up a character as an Imperial Navy Officer, with the ultimate goal of reaching Captain. I'd also like said character to be the step-brother of my Rebel character - I'm thinking partly to develop the backgrounds of both, partly because a family randomly formed itself in my head and I want to play one, and partly because its gonna be easier to think up a name!

Since one sibling is a ground-type guy, and one is a fleet guy, on opposite sides of the Galactic Civil War, I doubt they'll interact much. But, in case they do, is there anything I should be made aware of? Are there any expectations for people playing two related characters - am I explicitly not allowed to RP with myself, or anything like that?

I've read the FAQ, and understand the whole "no leaking OOC info" side of things - I've done mod-work in sims before as well as playing in the same ones, so I can cope with separating the OOC and IC knowledge in my head.

Just wanted to look before I leaped, really.

Karl Valten
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:18:02 PM
I think you are good, faction 'spying' isn't that great of an issue here. Before the reset, the Imp and NR fleeters and ground-pounders had good relations. Don't see how that'd be any different now.

As for roleplaying with yourself, don't worry, as long as you keep things in character for each person you roleplay you should be good.

I guess at the moment, I'm the senior officer until Khendon escapes from college. So welcome, to the Imperial Navy, recruit. What direction are you thinking of going with your character if I don't mind asking? Ambitions, which branch of the Navy (Starfighter pilot, Starfighter Command, Fleet Command).

I suggest taking a look at these threads for basic information. If you have any specific questions regarding roleplaying, state of the Empire, tactics, etc, I'll be happy to answer.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13038
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13039
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14844

Gloria Imperium

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:31:38 PM
I'm thinking of going Fleet Command. I've done Fleeting before, and I enjoyed it. And, if nothing else, it puts me at the opposite end of the spectrum to Tristan Tahmores. All I need now is a Fighter Pilot, and I've got the full set! :lol

I'll set up an account, and work up a profile. I just finished my last piece of uni coursework (Quantum Mechanics :() until the summer (YAY!), and I'm too wired on sugar and tea to sleep, so I might as well!

Karl Valten
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:21:30 PM
Ja, I have finals next week, so I'm kind of hung up until that's through. After that I should be up to normal posting status.

Excellent application, my goo sir, very Imperial sounding. Go ahead with the fleet training thread if you wish, gives us a feel for each others writing and tactics style. Like I said, I'm hung up until the end of finals so I won't be able to post often, but I can RP the rebels with my fleet character(as much as I depise doing so.) This will also help us determine what rank and vessel commision you shall start with. Remeber though, there is no win or lose. A well-written defeat is worth more than a poorly-written win.

Be forwarned though, fleeting isn't that active on the forums at the moment, so there will have to be a lot of NPCs involved.

Inyos Aamoran
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:37:23 PM
That's alright - half the fun of fleeting is the writing that you do yourself. Reading the crummy posts the Rebels put together isn't all its cracked up to be. ;)

I'll get a thread started up - because I'm itching to write something - and I'll try and find myself an opponent later on. Might even be able to sweet-talk one of the Reb's in to it. I'll have to practice being nice! :lol

Karl Valten
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:48:16 PM
If you can get ahold of them, try these.

Redic Scott
Reshmar
Lion El'Johnson

Though I haven't seen them around for a while (aka around two months.) Lion is the head of the Reb fleet. Rogue squadron still has a bunch of people hanging around, though.

Teleran Balades is my main alt if I'm not logged on with this account.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:42:30 AM
That's alright - half the fun of fleeting is the writing that you do yourself. Reading the crummy posts the Rebels put together isn't all its cracked up to be. ;)

I'll get a thread started up - because I'm itching to write something - and I'll try and find myself an opponent later on. Might even be able to sweet-talk one of the Reb's in to it. I'll have to practice being nice! :lol

If you're NPCing any Rebels in your crummy posts, make sure you let us know first. Just because we don't have any active fleeters around, doesn't mean you can walk all of over us.

Karl Valten
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:11:59 AM
Of course, I really don't want to get into a godmodding fiasco.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 12th, 2007, 11:39:30 AM
If you're NPCing any Rebels in your crummy posts, make sure you let us know first. Just because we don't have any active fleeters around, doesn't mean you can walk all of over us.

Well, just to make sure Dasquian...fancy controlling them yourself? That'll make sure you don't get walked over. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:26:35 PM
I don't do fleeting, sorry. Doesn't interest me.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:38:17 PM
Fair enough. :)

Are there any Rebel fleeters around at all, or is everyone connected with the Army/Intelligence?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:45:27 PM
Only Rogue Squadron, unfortunately, unless Lion has made a comeback without me realizing it. Fleeting hasn't been popular with the Alliance for a long time. To be honest, before the recent the Republic had a very small member base so there hasn't really been any enthusiasm over fleeting as 'the good guys' for years now. Kind of odd really, since it was always the other way around with the Empire!

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:56:29 PM
Alrighty then. Guess we'll just play amongst ourselves, then. :)

Is there somewhere that I can find official specs of the various craft and what-not? Any particular sites that are worth me checking out, etc? Trying to decide on what ships to take with me, but I can't seem to find much information on things like how many fighters each class carries, especially with the non-canon designs.

Grace Van-Derveld
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:20:49 PM
Crummy posts? :| That's not very sporting of you

Karl Valten
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:56:31 PM
Hmmm, Dasq and company, do you guys mind if I register an account for a rebel fleeter? Maybe just the rank of captain of something.

As for ship specs, most of the Imps ships can be found here:

http://insd.swcombine.com/insd.htm

I did make a list of active ship types at some point.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14693

Crummy posts? That's not very sporting of you

And I must agree with this statment. We'll have no post bashing here, we're all here to have fun and escape reality for a change.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:05:21 PM
That's fine with me, Karl :)

Grace Van-Derveld
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:08:14 PM
Sure have fun. It would be nice to have an account for that, and I trust your judgement with fleet stuff

Tiberius Anar
Jan 13th, 2007, 06:30:00 AM
Why is it no-one wants to play proper politics? Oh well...

Welcome aboard and all that.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:34:18 AM
AHEM!!!

:: glares at Anar ::

:mneh

Tiberius Anar
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:41:37 PM
Oh, er. yes. I have a thread I'm supposed to be starting with you don't I? I'll just go now.

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:55:32 PM
Keeping the ladies waiting? Tsk, Tsk, chancellor, that isn't like you at all.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:59:28 PM
He's just trying to make her angry, so she'll start cracking her whip at him or something...

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:14:09 PM
That would be incorrect. He's not my type.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:15:28 PM
She only has eyes for me. Isn't that right, Moff Tarkin?

Such... pretty eyes... >D :yum

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:18:38 PM
You just want to eat them ...

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:35:49 PM
Actually, its quite good on toast.

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:56:42 PM
*boot to the head*

.....Don't even go there.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:09:02 PM
That's not very nice.

It's only a donkey. :(

*cough*

Okay. Watching Shrek earlier wasn't such a good idea... *shudder*

Tiberius Anar
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:37:02 PM
Oh dear...

Park Kraken
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:15:54 AM
Here is a work in progress for ships, although someone...*Glares probably at Telan* seems to have altered my entries.

http://www.therebelfaction.com/databank/ShipDatabase

and it is also a work in progress.

As for a RPing opponent, how about a corrupt Imperial official instead? I'm up for a little RPing on this board.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:54:33 PM
I've got something cooking with Karl, but the more RP opportunities I can line up, the better. The more fleeting threads I'm in, the quicker my Imp character gets promoted anyway, right? :lol

Is there anything in particular you've got in mind, or are you not bothered as long as it's *something*?

Park Kraken
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:50:37 AM
I'm planning on being an army officer that does not know that he is serving a corrupted Imperial official. I will be playing my character and NPCing the corrupted naval captain at the same time.

Concerning what this thread would be about, perhaps an INQ official would like to partake as well?

Teleran Balades
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:32:32 AM
Ya got Y'roth, Danni, and me as the active INQ people at the moment. Take your pick. :)