PDA

View Full Version : I am seriously drunk

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:14:38 AM
How can you tell? My spelling and grammar suddenly become exceptionally good. I don't know why that is, but I seem to become more coherent as I get more off my face. I really am struggling to understand why I decided to absolutely get off my face. Sure, I had a really frustrating day at work but that's not any excuse. I really hate the taste of alcohol too, so that also really makes me wonder why the hell I decided to get so smashed, I cant walk. In fact, I don't think I have been this drunk in my life.

And yet, the drunker I get, the more coherent, clear thinking and straight forward I get. That really isn't right is it? Shouldn't I just be only capable of mindless dribble?

Yet here I am planning rally car modifications and business plans. This is bizarre to the extreme in that it all makes sense and when I get sober tomorrow, I know they will still make sense. Why, I have no idea. It's like my mind slows down and there's this clarity that I don't usually have - but I can say that I while it's good to be so clear, I really dislike the process. Alcohol seriously sucks.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:48:33 AM
Alcohol is a glorious thing - for me at least. I plan on getting disgustingly drunk come Friday morning (work drama last night ahoy). I'd do it this morning and tomorrow morning, but having a hangover at my workplace would be downright painful.

Razielle Alastor
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:15:04 AM
I had a moment of clarity much like that on New Years. It heralded me being horribly sick for two days. ( which I never, EVER do. I haven't been sick from alcohol, not even a headache in at least 4 years.) But up until that point I was the world most cheerful happy girl.. LOL I'm still in the "I'm never drinking again" stage. I expect I may come out of it by next month sometime. ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:50:18 AM
It usually takes me about 8 hours to get out of the 'I'm never drinking again' phase ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:02:24 PM
I haven't seriously drank since New Years Eve... 2005. There was some drinking when Christin was over in July, but I didn't get totally smashed. Just moderately so. :mneh

This year we should do better, Christin. ;)

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:02:38 PM
I'm getting in shape so that when I drink, I'll get really drunk.

Also Holly, I have seen the Oregon pictures. They were either exceptionally funny or you were more drunk than you realize :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:05:24 PM
Lets just say I wasn't sick at all the next day, so I wasn't as drunk as I was on New Years Eve 2005. :mneh

Khendon Sevon
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:38:09 PM
I haven't been daaaaruuuunk since April 10 2006. That was my 20th birthday. We played beer pong non-stop with good beer instead of the watery, cheap stuff. That was a happy drunk :)

I haven't been smashed out of my skull since 2005 when I decided to do a shot of vodka with every person in my dorm hall one after the other after a night of already heavy drinking. I felt that for days.

I'm due for a good 'mount of drinking. 21st birthday should suffice ;)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:08:38 AM
If you can taste it you're doing it wrong.

I got pretty smacked on New Years but I'm not sure the last time I was destroyed.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:43:00 AM
I had to get carried to bed on my 19th (2nd Oct last year). It was the first day of 'freshers week, and my flatmates kept refilling me with evil concoctions of whatever they had to hand. I turned green, apparently. They were trying to force-feed me stuff, but I couldn't get the hang of the whole chew-and-swallow thing. ^_^;

I then went and annoyed everyone by being insanely perky and hangover-free the next day. God, I love my metabolism. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:53:03 AM
I've had to start limiting the amount of money I take to work with me, otherwise when my shift is over I end up walking straight around to the opposite side of the bar and rooting myself there for the next few hours. All the people I work with are students too, so we are such bad influences on one another.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:09:26 AM
Being a barfly isn't all bad, Das ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:35:43 AM
I know. It's not like I'm there alone. The people who I've just finished working with come and get drunk too, and all our friends are the ones serving us, so it's fun. But my bankaccount (and slowly growing beer belly) doesn't appreciate it :mneh

Park Kraken
Jan 11th, 2007, 05:12:23 PM
Since I turned 21 last August I've never gotten drunk. I've tried but I just can't drink enough alcohol in order to become drunk. Maybe I should try beer instead of wine.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 11th, 2007, 05:29:48 PM
Maybe you should try stronger wine. I like Block 713. Never drank wine simply to get drunk though. So, meh.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:34:38 PM
Since I turned 21 last August I've never gotten drunk. I've tried but I just can't drink enough alcohol in order to become drunk. Maybe I should try beer instead of wine.

Simple solution, my friend :)

Get Pearl Pomegranate Vodka (http://www.bottlewatch.com/uploaded_images/pearl-vodka-pomegranate-716221.jpg)

Get Parrot Bay Rum; any flavor doesn't matter. (http://bootleggerstavern.com/images/parrot-bay.jpg)

Get a bottle of the red gatorade.

It's a good mix, and not too alcohol-y. Be careful though - the gatorade helps the alcohol get to your blood much faster, so don't go overboard. Take it one glass at a time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:02:20 PM
Wine will give you the worst hangovers. So I hear, I don't touch the stuff (except while I'm working, but the bottles are all corked still so)

I want to try a Pirates of the Carribean 2 drinking game - drink every time someone says Jack Sparrow!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:11:08 PM
I don't get bad wine hangovers anymore. I drink a lot of it though, so that could be why. Not that it takes much wine to get me drunk. Two bottles and I'd be floored.

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 12th, 2007, 11:56:19 PM
Simple solution, my friend :)

Get Pearl Pomegranate Vodka (http://www.bottlewatch.com/uploaded_images/pearl-vodka-pomegranate-716221.jpg)
Get Parrot Bay Rum; any flavor doesn't matter. (http://bootleggerstavern.com/images/parrot-bay.jpg)
Get a bottle of the red gatorade.
It's a good mix, and not too alcohol-y. Be careful though - the gatorade helps the alcohol get to your blood much faster, so don't go overboard. Take it one glass at a time.

This, and lose weight.

Seriously. I've had the same problems. The more fit you get, the more you feel it hit your system. I'm back to where I can get a heavy buzz from a single drink.

Park Kraken
Jan 14th, 2007, 05:17:44 PM
This, and lose weight.

Seriously. I've had the same problems. The more fit you get, the more you feel it hit your system. I'm back to where I can get a heavy buzz from a single drink.

I'm working on it, but from where I'm at, it's going to take at least, oh, a year, probably more like two years, before I'm down to where I need to be. In the meantime, I'll go with S'Ils suggestion.

Videl
Jan 14th, 2007, 05:25:05 PM
I want to try a Pirates of the Carribean 2 drinking game - drink every time someone says Jack Sparrow!:lol: I'm guessing you'd be really drunk at the end...that's like playing the Loveboat drinking game and picking the boat as when you drink....

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:44:57 PM
I'm working on it, but from where I'm at, it's going to take at least, oh, a year, probably more like two years, before I'm down to where I need to be. In the meantime, I'll go with S'Ils suggestion.

I'd suggest light (flavored or unflavored) rum & diet coke with lime, in that case. It's a fantastic mix, even if you aren't trying to watch the booze calories.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:38:57 AM
Well....

I'm drunk again. But this time......

Not saying why this time. But it was in evening that gave me a lot to think about.

Zem-El Vymes
Jan 20th, 2007, 09:03:12 AM
I may drink tonight, depending on how things go.